Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jones vs. Rampage
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
King Eugene
Who you guys got?
Box in Hand
Jones by complete outclassing. Rampage is old and hasn't changed in the last several years. He's a brawler now and nothing more.
TheFonz
Yup, as much as I like Rampage he has become too one dementional to fight this kid.
lloyd mayflower
Agree with both of above, expect Rampage to be made to look like he doesnt belong in the same ring as Jones
King Eugene
I'm surprised this fight isn't getting talked about more than it is.

Jones probably wins clearly but I doubt he'd stop Rampage.
Warlord
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 21 2011, 07:51 PM) *
Who you guys got?

I love Rampage and hate Jones, but stylistically, it's going to be a long night for Rampage, I'm afraid. Rampage has always been weak in the clinch, (Wanderlei murdered him twice there, and Shogun did it again) while Jones works incredibly well in the clinch.

In addition, Rampage has become a boxer since he came to the UFC. Nothing more. And a bad boxer at that, because he's always looking to land one big punch.

If Rampage could somehow summon the Pride version of himself, he'd trash that black Gremlin (Jones) and leave him broken in the octagon. Pride Rampage is one of the greatest 205lbers in the history of the sport. (Probably beneath Wanderlei and Shogun all-time). That Rampage was unorthodox, unpredictable, powerful, devastating. He'd body-slam dudes and finish them with brutal ground and pound (Randleman). He'd power-bomb his way out of submissions and finish dudes (Arona). A great, great fighter.

If the plodding boxer comes to the ring he will get annihilated. If the old Rampage comes to dance, it will be the proverbial bull in the China shop, and Bones will be the tea-cup with a gremlin painted on the side.
Romulus9
Bones.

KO.

Head kick.

Agree with Warlord. Bones vs. the Rampage from Pride is a totally different story. I like both guys but this isn't going to be much of a fight, in my estimation.
JONdaCON817
Yeaa. No way Rampage will be able to take Jones down, forcing him to stand and bang. I think we will see Jones Muy Thai clinch him and KO him by devastating knees to the body.
kidbazooka1
Im a big Rampage fans just like most around here but the only way i see him winning this fight is if he catches Jones with a lucky punch but thats is highly unlikely.

Bones Jones by TKO in the 3rd by strikes from the mount.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Sep 22 2011, 10:35 PM) *
Im a big Rampage fans just like most around here but the only way i see him winning this fight is if he catches Jones with a lucky punch but thats is highly unlikely.

Bones Jones by TKO in the 3rd by strikes from the mount.

ide be suprised if it went past the 1st!!.... deff dont see this goin into the Championship Rounds..
Warlord
Diaz finishes Gomi with an armbar. Travis Browne vs. Rob Broughton up next.
Warlord
Browne takes the UD.
Warlord
Ben Rothwell vs. Mark Hunt up next.
Snoop
Stream anyone?
Warlord
Pretty good first, both lard asses are huffing at this point. I like Hunt, but I reckon Rothwell will get the 1st because of the takedown towards the end of the round.
Warlord
Hunt dominated that round and even went for an armbar! laugh.gif If he had gone for it about a minute earlier he may have gotten it done. Lol.
Warlord
Both guys exhausted. Hunt took the last 2. Should take the UD.
Warlord
Hunt wins it. Even had a 30-27 round. Good stuff.
Warlord
Matt Hughes vs. Josh Koscheck up next. One of the few times in my life that I have ever, or will ever, be cheering for Matt Hughes.
Snoop
What'd you think about the ref pulling Hunt out of side control?
Warlord
crowd chanting "Koscheck sucks!"
Warlord
Kos finishes Hughes with punches as the round ends.
Warlord
Jon Jones vs. Quinton Jackson up next.
Warlord
The jizz licking going on early. Rogan sure does love him some Jon Jones cum.
kidbazooka1
Yup Rogan used another of his "greatest" lines saying Jones is possibly now the greatest talent in UFC history. lol
Warlord
I hope Rampage comes out body-slamming tonight. I want to see him put this black Gremlin 10 feet under the octagon.
kidbazooka1
Highly doubt that will happen tonight but i do give Page a punchers chance. We' ve never seen Jones take a flush shot from a puncher wanna see if Page can get close.
Warlord
Jones looking like Dhalism, using those long ass legs to jab. Rampage swinging at air. He better get to work going for slams and ground and pound. This plodding shit is gonna get him worked over.
kidbazooka1
This might just end sooner than i thought.
Warlord
What happened to Rampage? I haven't seen him in years. This shit-ass boxer who calls himself Rampage bears no resemblance to the real Rampage who used to fight in Japan.
kidbazooka1
yea i know i think he thinks he's in a boxing ring somone forgot to tell him this is an MMA fight.
Warlord
Jones just being a totally disrespectful ass there at the end of the round. And why not? Rampage ain't doing nothing to gain the respect of anybody tonight, let alone his opponent.
Warlord
Rampage finished by RNC early in the 4th. Jon Jizz wins.
TheFonz
didn't see that one coming. rolleyes_anim.gif Page should retire and just make movies. The sport has past him by.
kidbazooka1
I don't see anyone beating Jones at 205 only Anderson would put that kid in his place if he moves up again.
Warlord
Jackson says he wants to go to Japan and rematch Shogun. But he doesn't deserve it. Shogun is fighting Henderson next. Rampage can go fight Roy Jones or something as far as I'm concerned. He doesn't belong in MMA anymore.

I don't like Rashad Evans, but at least that mother-fucker comes in with a gameplan. I can't wait to see him and Jon Jizz get it on.
Warlord
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Sep 24 2011, 11:27 PM) *
I don't see anyone beating Jones at 205 only Anderson would put that kid in his place if he moves up again.

Anderson would obliterate that shit-stain, but we'll never see it because he don't want nothing but to fight welterweights now.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Warlord @ Sep 24 2011, 10:32 PM) *
Jackson says he wants to go to Japan and rematch Shogun. But he doesn't deserve it. Shogun is fighting Henderson next. Rampage can go fight Roy Jones or something as far as I'm concerned. He doesn't belong in MMA anymore.

I don't like Rashad Evans, but at least that mother-fucker comes in with a gameplan. I can't wait to see him and Jon Jizz get it on.

yup I give Rashad a much better chance at Jones than i ever gave Page.
BigG
Rampage didnt even land a punch.....

Jones-Silva make it happen after Jones beats Rashad. Before Silva retires
PColeman28
rampage was disappointing didn't even make this a fight, didn't respond to to any of jone's strikes simply got bullied around the octagon, congrats to jones i would love to see evens vs jones, but jones vs silva, that'll be a fight to see
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.