Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is Next For Vicious Victor Ortiz?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Allmenjoi8
Vicious Victor Ortiz is only 24 years old. He is young, marketable, and with a story that people can identify with (even though some of it is made up). With his recent loss to Mayweather I wonder if Golden Boy still has faith in him or will they shelf him? He talked a lot of smack and it turns out that, it was just smack.
Here are some of the options for Vicious Ortiz:

1. Rematch with Berto
2. Possible fight with Pac
3. Amir Khan
4. Reality Show
5. Two week show with Dr. Phil in dealing with his abandonment issues
6. Move up to 154 and fight Martinez
7. Become a Professional Surfer

I would like to see Victor turn into a more polished boxer. Obviously he is a head case. I have no idea how he can fix that. He talks a great game but in the moment of truth (and I hate to use this term not really lady like) but his dick goes soft. He needs to rethink his career. Boxing isn't for everyone.
zucrates
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 22 2011, 12:38 AM) *
Vicious Victor Ortiz is only 24 years old. He is young, marketable, and with a story that people can identify with (even though some of it is made up). With his recent loss to Mayweather I wonder if Golden Boy still has faith in him or will they shelf him? He talked a lot of smack and it turns out that, it was just smack.

1. Rematch with Berto
3. Amir Khan
4. Reality Show

I would like to see Victor turn into a more polished boxer. Obviously he is a head case. I have no idea how he can fix that. He talks a great game but in the moment of truth (and I hate to use this term not really lady like) but his dick goes soft. He needs to rethink his career. Boxing isn't for everyone.

3. Amir Khan he made him quit back in the day he needs revenge
King Eugene
Ortiz will be alright. He's young as hell and has plenty of time to get it together. I just hope he doesn't get forced out early like Vargas. Ortiz is always in exciting fights besides the Campbell fight so I'm sure they wont shelf him.
Box in Hand
ESPN.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Sep 22 2011, 04:55 PM) *
ESPN.

Almost right, ESPN2.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Sep 22 2011, 12:55 AM) *
ESPN.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 22 2011, 01:31 AM) *
Almost right, ESPN2.

laugh.gif laugh.gif
kingknockout
a berto rematch, I wonder would berto lose again?
MrChampagne123
I think After Berto Beats Alexander. And if Manny and Floyd dont fight I can See Floyd Fighting Berto so I would say. the next thing for Ortiz would probably be Maidana again. Because Timothy Bradly is Promised Pacman if he wins his next bout and Manny dont fight floyd. AHMIR Kahn is a defanit possability for Ortiz.... Ortiz Loses to Kah to I belive Ortiz loses in a rematch with Berto as well
STEVENSKI
Fitz
Fitz
thehype
Andre Berto rematch. They're already in talks. Possibly putting Alexander vs. Malignaggi on the undercard in a mini-welterweight tournament.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (thehype @ Sep 23 2011, 02:21 AM) *
Andre Berto rematch. They're already in talks. Possibly putting Alexander vs. Malignaggi on the undercard in a mini-welterweight tournament.

If that happens that would be a good show.
wolterb
QUOTE (thehype @ Sep 22 2011, 10:21 AM) *

hell yea. im bettin on a berto victory...he just seems the type of dude isn't gonna lose twice to somebody (specially like victor), and victor seems like the type of dude who def would win one of two bouts with the same opponent. berto is not gonna have such a big head goin into the second ortiz fight, and ortiz is gonna be recovering from the lofty millionaire's life.

either way im pumped. berto might not get caught up in as many exchanges with ortiz but id bet itll still be a good fight

Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (MrChampagne123 @ Sep 22 2011, 03:13 AM) *
I think After Berto Beats Alexander. And if Manny and Floyd dont fight I can See Floyd Fighting Berto so I would say. the next thing for Ortiz would probably be Maidana again. Because Timothy Bradly is Promised Pacman if he wins his next bout and Manny dont fight floyd. AHMIR Kahn is a defanit possability for Ortiz.... Ortiz Loses to Kah to I belive Ortiz loses in a rematch with Berto as well

Floyd ain't gonna fight Berto next. It'll be Khan or Pacquiao...
lloyd mayflower
I see the Berto Ortiz rematch going the same way as I see a potential Pascal Dawson rematch. Lightning wont strike twice.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (wolterb @ Sep 22 2011, 10:45 AM) *
hell yea. im bettin on a berto victory...

Sig bet if Ortiz Berto II gets made?
jlupi
Almost right, ESPN2.>>>>

I love it. I dont know when free tv became a insult. Fact is most PPV cards including the last belong on free tv. PPV should be for the special fights and im sorry may/ortiz was not special before or after the actual fight. We are filling individual fighters pockets at the detriment to the sport.
wolterb
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Sep 22 2011, 12:03 PM) *
Sig bet if Ortiz Berto II gets made?

lol im down but im a noob and idk what the logistics are in makin that happen or what it is. lemme know and im def into it tho
juanpa
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 21 2011, 11:38 PM) *

1. Rematch with Berto
3. Amir Khan
4. Reality Show

i think he is going to move up in weight. alvarez ortiz would be an interesting fight!
Cshel86
QUOTE (thehype @ Sep 22 2011, 10:21 AM) *

Dammit man! I hope this Berto/Alexander fight happens first...Im not a big fan of Malignaggi by any measure (though he boxes well). Devon may have to end up taking that fight, since he doesn't have any pull at WW yet. Berto/Ortiz II has more money attached to it, so I guess that's the move.

QUOTE (wolterb @ Sep 22 2011, 11:45 AM) *
hell yea. im bettin on a berto victory...he just seems the type of dude isn't gonna lose twice to somebody (specially like victor), and victor seems like the type of dude who def would win one of two bouts with the same opponent. berto is not gonna have such a big head goin into the second ortiz fight, and ortiz is gonna be recovering from the lofty millionaire's life.

either way im pumped. berto might not get caught up in as many exchanges with ortiz but id bet itll still be a good fight

Lightning does strike twice...ask Mosley about that (against Vernon Forrest and Winky Wright). Ortiz may be one of those guys that has Berto's number, regardless of whether or not he's quitter. Berto did a great job of slipping some Ortiz's punches after some of those bombs landed, though his defense isn't the best in the world. In the rematch, I see two guys trying to kill eachother...one will do it to prove that he still belongs in the rankings, and the other will do it save his reputation by hoping to not get beat by a quitter twice in a row. If GBP and DiBella play their cards right, this can be a PPV with great undercards (similar to the Morales/Maidana PPV a few months ago).

QUOTE (juanpa @ Sep 22 2011, 12:19 PM) *
i think he is going to move up in weight. alvarez ortiz would be an interesting fight!

Yes, this would be a great scrap and another possible PPV. Ortiz needs to beat Berto again and headline B.A.D. and whoop some more ass. In the meantime, to save his remaining confidence, he needs to stay as far away from Maidana as possible and leave that Alvarez fight alone for a sec until it builds up.
Crafty
What's the point of a Berto rematch, he'll just pumel him again. The first fight was great, let's just leave it at that. Ortiz vs Khan would be fantastic. I think Ortiz could lay out glass chinned Khan.

I also have no interest in watching him fight Pac. That fight would last less than 3 rounds.
PColeman28
I think ortiz can beat berto again probably won't be as many knockdowns as the first time but, i would watch the rematch for sure, if ortiz went up that would be legit too i'll watch ortiz fight, canelo, sergio, and JCC jr., but ortiz does have some fights a WW like berto, alexander, bradley(when he officially moves up), khan(when he moves up)...he's young he has a lot of options, but i think if i was him i would fight berto again and take his IBF belt and keep it movin from there
Crafty
Victor just got paid from the Mayweather fight, which is the goal for most fighters. 2 million plus dollars. Victor has nothing to fight for now. I wouldn't put much stock in him anymore, he's done imo.
checkleft
I think ortiz Khan is in the future for him. I doubt may fights him and its an in house fight and their action fighters.
EAlbian
QUOTE (thehype @ Sep 22 2011, 09:21 AM) *

I heard Dibella said he has no interest in the tournament and he's looking to do a bailey fight before anything?

If you talk to him tell him bailey sucks and we don't want that garbage, dude looks like bubbles from the wire anyways. Bum-ass couldn't even get by Urango
EAlbian
QUOTE (Crafty @ Sep 22 2011, 03:07 PM) *
Victor just got paid from the Mayweather fight, which is the goal for most fighters. 2 million plus dollars. Victor has nothing to fight for now. I wouldn't put much stock in him anymore, he's done imo.

how about the 10's of millions he has yet to make from the exposure that fight just got him? get out of here with that garbage. the kids 24 and still has years of fights left for lots of HBO and GB money son
PColeman28
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 22 2011, 01:35 PM) *
how about the 10's of millions he has yet to make from the exposure that fight just got him? get out of here with that garbage. the kids 24 and still has years of fights left for lots of HBO and GB money son

I agree....that fight was good exposure all around for him, there is some good money out there for him.....and a lot of fights he can take that'll keep him busy and making him money
Crafty
I don't think that was good exposure for him at all, he tried a blatant headbutt and then got KTFO. I'm just saying, if it was any other fighter I would think differently, but since this is Ortiz we're talking about, I think he has checked out of the fight game. We'll see him fight a few more times then fade away either as quickly as Naseem Hamed, or slowly after a few more losses like Vargas.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Crafty @ Sep 22 2011, 04:07 PM) *

he didn't make that much, he makes a % of it and still has to pay taxes on it. he can't sit on it like it's 40 million lol. he'll fight again
PColeman28
QUOTE (Crafty @ Sep 22 2011, 01:50 PM) *
I don't think that was good exposure for him at all, he tried a blatant headbutt and then got KTFO. I'm just saying, if it was any other fighter I would think differently, but since this is Ortiz we're talking about, I think he has checked out of the fight game. We'll see him fight a few more times then fade away either as quickly as Naseem Hamed, or slowly after a few more losses like Vargas.

since maidana he's done alright....He just fought FMJ lol lets just give this kid a chance and see what happens , he lost to one of the best fighters in the world right now....lets just see how he responds, assuming he responds well he'll be alright...who in WW is really going to box him up like FMJ did??? Berto lol? NO..Alexander? NO...he'll be alright...
BoxingEinstein

Ortiz should rematch Maidana and Berto and if beats both then face Pacman. I see all fights being great with such intensity.
Crafty
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Sep 23 2011, 02:38 PM) *
Ortiz should rematch Maidana and Berto and if beats both then face Pacman. I see all fights being great with such intensity.

Yes, a rematch with Maidana is a must for him.
daprofessor
ortiz just got ktfo by mayweather. clearly that makes him a front runner to face pacquiao next. laugh.gif
blackbelt2003
Well, I think the first step is a change of nickname from 'Vicious' Victor Ortiz to 'Apologetic' Victor Ortiz.

Black
TheFonz
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Sep 23 2011, 04:17 PM) *
Well, I think the first step is a change of nickname from 'Vicious' Victor Ortiz to 'Apologetic' Victor Ortiz.

Black

You're right, I lost all hope for this kid when he started all the apologizing after the butt. If he would have did and then looked at Floyd like "fuck you, I'm here to fight" and then got KTFO I would would have had more respect for him.
RayRobinson
Since the fight Ortiz has showed up at Ivy in Beverly Hills in a limo and spoke to tmz. The next day he did an interview in the studio with tmz. He said he is putting out a cologne, he is hosting Miss California, and will be doing a reality show. He also models his underwear line.

So I think we know what's next for Victor Ortiz... He'll become another personality with the likes of Kim Kardashian and the Situation. He may have a few more fights bec he won't manage his money well, but I think it's just like uncle Roger said, "That muthafuka don't wanna fight."
RayRobinson
Btw, I think that it is kinda disappointing that Victor will go in this manner. He may not be ever become an elite fighter, but he is entertaining to watch - win or lose. He's not predictable.

But what the hell kind of boxer goes to TMZ a celebrity gossip website (which is little more than "Star" or "In Touch Weekly" and gives an interview??! How quickly a little money changes people.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (PColeman28 @ Sep 23 2011, 09:50 AM) *
since maidana he's done alright....He just fought FMJ lol lets just give this kid a chance and see what happens , he lost to one of the best fighters in the world right now....lets just see how he responds, assuming he responds well he'll be alright...who in WW is really going to box him up like FMJ did??? Berto lol? NO..Alexander? NO...he'll be alright...

Yeah but it's how he lost that is the problem. If you add it to his alleged meltdown against Khan, his early pro DQ and his quitting against Maidana you begin to paint a picture of a guy who folds under pressure. Future opponents will take note.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (RayRobinson @ Sep 23 2011, 03:58 PM) *
Since the fight Ortiz has showed up at Ivy in Beverly Hills in a limo and spoke to tmz. The next day he did an interview in the studio with tmz. He said he is putting out a cologne, he is hosting Miss California, and will be doing a reality show. He also models his underwear line.

So I think we know what's next for Victor Ortiz... He'll become another personality with the likes of Kim Kardashian and the Situation. He may have a few more fights bec he won't manage his money well, but I think it's just like uncle Roger said, "That muthafuka don't wanna fight."

The Ivy? Nice!!!! He has taste. Didn't he say on 24/7 that he wasn't that type of guy? The lies continue to mount. I hope he fights Khan or Berto. Or move up to 154 and fight Sergio or Canelo
Method
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 23 2011, 09:42 PM) *
The Ivy? Nice!!!! He has taste. Didn't he say on 24/7 that he wasn't that type of guy? The lies continue to mount. I hope he fights Khan or Berto. Or move up to 154 and fight Sergio or Canelo

The Ivy? Taste? You've gotta be fucking kidding me, right? That's where attention whores go to get attention. When you want paparazzi all up in your shit, you go to The Ivy. Its a PR move.
alaganza
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Sep 23 2011, 04:04 PM) *
ortiz just got ktfo by mayweather. clearly that makes him a front runner to face pacquiao next. laugh.gif

thumbsup_anim.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 23 2011, 06:05 PM) *
Yeah but it's how he lost that is the problem. If you add it to his alleged meltdown against Khan, his early pro DQ and his quitting against Maidana you begin to paint a picture of a guy who folds under pressure. Future opponents will take note.

Exactly! There are only so many blocks that you can stack, before that bitch starts to lean and eventually fall over. Ortiz has been adding block after block with his quitting and meltdowns, that its sickening.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 24 2011, 01:42 PM) *

The Ivy?? I can't believe it, that lying stinking piece of shit. What next, Mr Chows? (Shaking my head.)
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 24 2011, 08:05 AM) *

Fuckin A they will. I said for a long tine he was a quitter & stand by it. He has shown that when he ends up in a pressure situation he usually folds. Thats human nature & I think it is best if he does not box any more. Take your millions & buy a taco stand but don't subject us to another bullshit fight.

Cshel86
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 23 2011, 11:37 PM) *
Fuckin A they will. I said for a long tine he was a quitter & stand by it. He has shown that when he ends up in a pressure situation he usually folds. Thats human nature & I think it is best if he does not box any more. Take your millions & buy a taco stand but don't subject us to another bullshit fight.

If those future opponents are slick/fast enough to avoid the power punches that Ortiz desperately relies, then they will be okay. If not, then they will be singng the same "rematch tune" that Berto is currently remixing, now that he got his ass handed to him. The best thing to do against Ortiz is to not rely on him quitting or folding, but sticking to your gameplan to frustrate him and get him to that point.

If your foreplay is good, then she's sure to cum eventually... laugh.gif
RayRobinson
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 23 2011, 09:42 PM) *

Yes. This is a person who painted himself as the everyday guy next door. Turns out he's a pre-Madonna fame whore. The Ivy is a place where celebrities go to get attention not dine. The paparazzi hang out there.
RayRobinson
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 23 2011, 11:34 PM) *
The Ivy?? I can't believe it, that lying stinking piece of shit. What next, Mr Chows? (Shaking my head.)

Exactly. The guy celebrated his loss at Studio 54 right after the fight. He spent most of the time having his photo taken with a gf and his entourage of 50 on the red carpet. This is not a fighter. This is a who became addicted to cameras and attention during all of the promotion for this fight. I think he's lost already. I don't think he will fight much. And if he does he'll suck because he won't train properly. He'll be too distracted trying to be a celebrity personality. And his handlers are all yes men. They won't save Victor from himself.
Cshel86

This is next for Victor...

Im wondering if he already bought his tricked-out surfboard with his big check?
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 23 2011, 08:47 PM) *
The Ivy? Taste? You've gotta be fucking kidding me, right? That's where attention whores go to get attention. When you want paparazzi all up in your shit, you go to The Ivy. Its a PR move.

they have great drinks for one and the service is great. The Ivy is a cool place, the Stinking Rose and El Chelo are equally good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.