Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gatti's widow considered a suspect, U.S. assets frozen
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Method
http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/169274-...f-his-us-assets

Gatti's widow considered a suspect, U.S. assets frozen
by Lem Satterfield
Sep 21st, 2011

No matter what happens in the Quebec Superior Court regarding the case of late boxer Arturo Gatti, his widow, Amanda Rodrigues, will not get any of his money, according to New Jersey-based attorney Anthony Pope, and Paul Ciolino, the lead investigator into Gatti's death.

Pope and Ciolino said Gatti's assets have been frozen as the result of a wrongful death lawsuit filed against Rodrigues on behalf of Erika Rivera, the mother of Gatti's daughter.

"There has been no serious discussions as Amanda [Rodrigues] wants the wrongful death case to disappear," said Ciolino. "But that's not going to happen. Erika Rivera is interested in justice -- not dollars."

"There is a lawsuit that was filed two weeks ago in Middlesex County for wrongful death, alleging Amanda Rodrigues's involvement in the murder of her husband, Arturo Gatti. Accompanying that lawsuit was a request from the court for emergent relief that does in fact freeze all assets that we're aware of, and the court, in fact, granted that relief," said Pope.

"What that does is that it basically says that we gave a good faith basis to show that this was a murder, and that Amanda Rodrigues was involved in the murder. Until the lawsuit is resolved, we don't want the assets to go anywhere and to anyone."

That means that Rodrigues must win her case in America in order to obtain the settlement funds.

"The assets have been frozen, the piggy bank shut down," said Ciolino. "Amanda's next battle is in New Jersey. She had better bring her hard hat, because there will not be any sympathy for her in the U.S."

Ciolino claims that the results of an 11-month investigation into Gatti's death not only rule out the initial verdict of suicide, but point to Rodrigues as a potential culprit in the murder of Gatti, who was found dead in July of 2009 while the couple was on vacation in Brazil.

"If, in fact, a jury were to conclude that Amanda Rodrigues was responsible, or complicit in the murder of Arturo Gatti," said Pope, "then she could not and she would not, under statute in New Jersey, be entitled to any of the assets."

Brazilian authorities initially said Rodrigues was a prime suspect in the case. She spent three weeks in a Brazilian jail before being released after an autopsy in that country concluded that Gatti had committed suicide.

That report said Gatti hanged himself with a handbag strap from a wooden staircase column in their apartment, but Ciolino and a panel of experts revealed earlier this month in North Bergan, N.J., that they are convinced Gatti was murdered, their findings the result of an 11-month private investigation.

"The Brazilians are talking about re-opening the murder case," said Ciolino. "So there still is a whole criminal action that is pending in Brazil no matter what happens with all of this civil stuff."

Ciolino believes that Rodrigues was involved.

"The family believes that Amanda was implicitly involved in the death of their son and brother. The law is everywhere that if you had something to do with somebody's murder, then you can't inherit any money from them," said Ciolino.

"The courts in the U.S. will actually want to see the evidence in this case, and there is an abundance of it. There are still people who want to see justice for Arturo. They are determined and it will happen. It won't happen soon, but it will happen."

Ciolino and Pope are responding in the wake of an ongoing civil trial in Montreal aimed at settling how Gatti's estimated $3.4 million estate will be divided.

Since Gatti's death, Rodrigues and Gatti family, led by his younger brother, Fabrizio Gatti, have been at odds.

But on Tuesday, the lawyers of Fabrizio Gatti and the 23-year-old Rodrigues were attempting to work out a deal, according to The Montreal Gazette.

Central to the civil case involving Gatti's estate is the validity of one will that was changed three weeks before his death and left everything to Rodrigues, and another from 2007 that leaves the fortune to his family.

Gatti's family believes that Rodrigues pressured the fighter into signing the second will, and asserts further that the will from 2007 leaves everything to his mother, his brother and Sofia, his daughter with Rivera.

Amanda's son, Arturo Jr., 3, was not born until after the first will.

Fabrizio wants the money to be split evenly between Gatti's two children, with nothing being left for Rodrigues.
As it stands now, Gatti's daughter is financially secure, but the son Rodrigues had with Gatti is not.

"Even if Amanda wins in Canada, she can't get a penny. So Amanda has got to appear in court in the United States and answer these charges, and that could take years," said Ciolino.

"She has to make a deal with Erika and the Gatti family, because she won't be able to get at any money right now -- no matter what happens in Canada."
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Thank God some common sense is prevailing in this case. I don't say this often as I find it a bit hokey but:

R.I.P, A. Gatti.
caneman
RIP THUNDER GATTI! http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7382189n
lloyd mayflower
Man I dont think I needed to see Arturo lying there in his boxers in amongst his own blood. That was pretty grim.
CrazyBuffalO
A lot have died from women.
Cshel86
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 25 2011, 10:38 AM) *

Good post Cane!

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 25 2011, 10:48 AM) *
Man I dont think I needed to see Arturo lying there in his boxers in amongst his own blood. That was pretty grim.

no2.gif Me neither. Im almost sick to my stomach watching his wife and her horrible acting, she appears to not have much emotions about the whole situation. I have only watched the first few minutes of it, but she is already getting under my skin.

QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Sep 25 2011, 11:14 AM) *
A lot have died from women.

clapping.gif You finally posted something that made sense.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 25 2011, 05:23 PM) *
no2.gif Me neither. Im almost sick to my stomach watching his wife and her horrible acting, she appears to not have much emotions about the whole situation. I have only watched the first few minutes of it, but she is already getting under my skin.

Her whole demeanour was pretty sickening. She needs some Floyd-style husbanding. Someone needs to slap that bitch
Cshel86
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 25 2011, 03:51 PM) *
Her whole demeanour was pretty sickening. She needs some Floyd-style husbanding. Someone needs to slap that bitch

Tell me about it Lloyd, smh. Looks like a chick that's itching to get her split of the assets and move on to some bum who could give two shits about lifting a finger and making anything of himsef. Maybe she does need Money Team treatment!

On another note...Im watching Gatti/Ward I...Im hoping these dudes had all intentions of saving their fight purses, because they were beating each other to oblivion. Whew!
Imperius3
There are a few things to bear in mind here. I'm not trying to brew a storm, but I think this needs to be said. Let me preface my post by saying that I loved Arturo as a boxer, and I had great respect for him in the ring. I will never forget him and his epic battles throughout his career.

First off, this is the conclusion reached by a private investigation firm headed by Paul Ciolino, who is basically paid to reach the conclusions his clients want (he is also attempting to overturn the Amanda Knox case in Italy). It does not reflect the findings of official or state investigators and forensic experts.

The second issue is about Gatti's wife, who some seem to think is Satan incarnate. It is not unusual, in fact it's quite common, for a wife to be the sole beneficiary of her husband's estate. The evidence against her is extremely frail, and so far nothing has been presented which points to a murder. Moreover, many people are intent on characterizing Gatti's wife as a gold-digger, but it is being overlooked why Gatti's biological family is contesting his estate so persistently. This is not just about truth, folks, it's about gaining control of a multi-million dollar estate. Hiring Ciolino to discredit Gatti's wife is a convenient way to claim a stake of his fortune without coming across as greedy. I'm not saying this is the only motive, but we can't get inside the heads of these people either.

I personally wouldn't place too much trust in the findings of Ciolino because he is a self-serving businessman, nothing more. It would be nice to think that a ring legend like Gatti didn't commit suicide, but it's stupid to jump to conclusions without any hard evidence, especially when the evidence points to a suicide.
Snoop
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Sep 29 2011, 11:25 AM) *
There are a few things to bear in mind here. I'm not trying to brew a storm, but I think this needs to be said. Let me preface my post by saying that I loved Arturo as a boxer, and I had great respect for him in the ring. I will never forget him and his epic battles throughout his career.

First off, this is the conclusion reached by a private investigation firm headed by Paul Ciolino, who is basically paid to reach the conclusions his clients want (he is also attempting to overturn the Amanda Knox case in Italy). It does not reflect the findings of official or state investigators and forensic experts.

The second issue is about Gatti's wife, who some seem to think is Satan incarnate. It is not unusual, in fact it's quite common, for a wife to be the sole beneficiary of her husband's estate. The evidence against her is extremely frail, and so far nothing has been presented which points to a murder. Moreover, many people are intent on characterizing Gatti's wife as a gold-digger, but it is being overlooked why Gatti's biological family is contesting his estate so persistently. This is not just about truth, folks, it's about gaining control of a multi-million dollar estate. Hiring Ciolino to discredit Gatti's wife is a convenient way to claim a stake of his fortune without coming across as greedy. I'm not saying this is the only motive, but we can't get inside the heads of these people either.

I personally wouldn't place too much trust in the findings of Ciolino because he is a self-serving businessman, nothing more. It would be nice to think that a ring legend like Gatti didn't commit suicide, but it's stupid to jump to conclusions without any hard evidence, especially when the evidence points to a suicide.

Thought the same thing about the conclusions of the private investigation. They were swayed way too far onto one-side to call them anywhere near objective. What was funny during the CBS show (Thanks Cane), was when Ciolino firmly proclaimed, "Arturo Gatti was NOT sucidial. NOBODY would say that. NOBODY." and then right after that his old amateur trainer goes, "Yeah he wanted to kill himself".

Overall, the details are fishy on both sides. I basically discount the "evidence" found by the PIs, but I remember watching Real Sports and hearing the explanations of the Brazilian authorities being extremely weak and unconvincing. The wife's blantant lie about never being a stripper also raises some eyebrows.

Shame that Gatti had to go out that way.
Imperius3
QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 29 2011, 01:23 PM) *
Thought the same thing about the conclusions of the private investigation. They were swayed way too far onto one-side to call them anywhere near objective. What was funny during the CBS show (Thanks Cane), was when Ciolino firmly proclaimed, "Arturo Gatti was NOT sucidial. NOBODY would say that. NOBODY." and then right after that his old amateur trainer goes, "Yeah he wanted to kill himself".

Overall, the details are fishy on both sides. I basically discount the "evidence" found by the PIs, but I remember watching Real Sports and hearing the explanations of the Brazilian authorities being extremely weak and unconvincing. The wife's blantant lie about never being a stripper also raises some eyebrows.

Shame that Gatti had to go out that way.

I was a little suspicious at first when the Brazilian authorities declared Gatti's death a suicide. But I started to doubt it was murder after the second autopsy in Canada confirmed that it was a hanging, and no new information suggested that he was murdered. And then when you consider the other circumstances that were going on that night, with Gatti assaulting his wife in a drunken rage, I don't think it's farfetched to believe that he committed suicide.
Method
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Oct 1 2011, 09:36 AM) *
I was a little suspicious at first when the Brazilian authorities declared Gatti's death a suicide. But I started to doubt it was murder after the second autopsy in Canada confirmed that it was a hanging, and no new information suggested that he was murdered. And then when you consider the other circumstances that were going on that night, with Gatti assaulting his wife in a drunken rage, I don't think it's farfetched to believe that he committed suicide.

Other than the fact that the purse strap cant hold 70 lbs, let alone 170.
Imperius3
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 1 2011, 10:47 AM) *
Other than the fact that the purse strap cant hold 70 lbs, let alone 170.

The purse strap had already been stretched and broken. This was explained in the Real Sports segment.

Here is the Real Sports segment for anyone who is interested:

Part 1 (starts at 2:15):

Part 2:

Part 3:
Method
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Oct 1 2011, 01:25 PM) *
The purse strap had already been stretched and broken. This was explained in the Real Sports segment.

Part 2:

They conducted several reenactments w a new purse strap. None of them held up. Hell, you even had a forensics expert in your own video say the markings on his throat were thinner than the actual strap.
Big Slim Sweet
No doubt in my mind she killed him, or had him killed. Too much adds up, particularly with him changing his will three weeks before and leaving her everything.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Oct 1 2011, 08:23 PM) *
No doubt in my mind she killed him, or had him killed. Too much adds up, particularly with him changing his will three weeks before and leaving her everything.

I agree. When I saw that BITCH being released from prison smiling her ass off, that told me all I need to know.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 1 2011, 07:29 PM) *
I agree. When I saw that BITCH being released from prison smiling her ass off, that told me all I need to know.

Yep. That photo made me sick.
caneman
Actually from the mark on Gatti's neck, it tell me the angle from the stairs don't even work...it goes straight back and not upwards! I think her and or her friends did it!
Imperius3
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 1 2011, 01:31 PM) *
They conducted several reenactments w a new purse strap. None of them held up. Hell, you even had a forensics expert in your own video say the markings on his throat were thinner than the actual strap.

Yes, that's what the private investigators said they did, but I don't think they did an honest investigation.

That was Michael Baden in the Real Sports segment, and he was also a paid advocate. What's funny though is how Baden agreed it was a hanging, whereas the private investigators are claiming it was a strangulation.

My opinion is that once the strap got tight, the outer edges of the strap put that deep furrow on his neck.

QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Oct 1 2011, 07:23 PM) *

That's not evidence, Slim. I understand the suspicion, but coincidences do happen, and I think this is one of them.

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 1 2011, 07:29 PM) *

This isn't evidence either. She had been locked up for weeks, and her life was on the line. I'm sure she felt some relief. And if Gatti had been beating the shit out of her, then there probably wasn't much love left in that relationship. I would've been pretty pissed at my partner if they put me in that situation.

QUOTE (caneman @ Oct 1 2011, 07:56 PM) *
Actually from the mark on Gatti's neck, it tell me the angle from the stairs don't even work...it goes straight back and not upwards! I think her and or her friends did it!

Are you blind? That furrow clearly travels back and upwards, right behind his ears. Textbook example of a hanging.

Check this out: http://books.google.com/books?id=4VkXpNe9x...ging&f=true

Scroll down to Figure 9.1, and tell me that doesn't look like the furrow on Gatti's neck. Also, do you see how deep that furrow is? What do you think could've caused that? Something was tied tight around his neck for a long time. On top of that, look at the picture of Gatti lying on the floor. Do you see the dark discoloration in his hands and feet? This is known as lividity/blood pooling, and it's a very common characteristic of a hanging. When a person is hanged, gravity pulls the blood down into the hands and feet, which causes that dark purple color. Textbook stuff.

You can't say anyone else was involved either. Even that CBS show reported that video surveillance confirmed that no one else entered that room. So if he was murdered, his wife would be the only suspect. That's ridiculous though, since obviously she couldn't have hanged Arturo Gatti alive.

Look at the circumstances. Here's a guy who is in a new marriage, one that is unhappy and maybe on it's last legs, hence the attempted reconciliation and trips to Holland, France and Brazil - with the 2nd proposal in Paris. He has recently made a huge change, forgoing the adulation that powered his get-up-and-go for the last 20 years. He now drunkenly assaults his wife, in public no less with his 11-month old baby there as well, and a crowd of people rip him and throw stones at him and make him feel like shit. Now, with the ended career, busted marriage, feeling miserable and hated, probably like everything that means anything to him is now gone...to think it's farfetched that he might have been suicidal is to ignore a lot of realities. And being drunk makes it worse - when you're drunk self loathing is exaggerated by a factor of ten, and so is self-destructive behavior.
Method
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Oct 2 2011, 12:22 AM) *
Yes, that's what the private investigators said they did, but I don't think they did an honest investigation.

Yet you give the benefit of the doubt to the Keystone Cops in Brazil, one of the most corrupt and fucked up spots on the planet? Are you fucking serious?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Oct 2 2011, 12:22 AM) *
This isn't evidence either. She had been locked up for weeks, and her life was on the line. I'm sure she felt some relief. And if Gatti had been beating the shit out of her, then there probably wasn't much love left in that relationship. I would've been pretty pissed at my partner if they put me in that situation.

Well we just disagree then. Because for ANYONE to come out smiling like she did like she won some lottery jackpot. Being relieved is one thing, but her smug ass face showing no remorse at all is puzzling to me. Regardless of her happiness of being freed, she still has a dead husband, and I just find her reaction very odd. I would find a normal(innocent) persons reaction in that situation to be a huge relieve and lots of tears and to be very emotional. NOT coming out with a million dollar smile.
Method
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 2 2011, 01:02 AM) *
Well we just disagree then. Because for ANYONE to come out smiling like she did like she won some lottery jackpot. Being relieved is one thing, but her smug ass face showing no remorse at all is puzzling to me. Regardless of her happiness of being freed, she still has a dead husband, and I just find her reaction very odd. I would find a normal persons reaction in that situation to be a huge relieve and lots of tears and to be very emotional. NOT coming out with a million dollar smile.

Looking relieved is one thing. Looking like you just won Miss Universe is another.
Imperius3
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 1 2011, 11:31 PM) *
Yet you give the benefit of the doubt to the Keystone Cops in Brazil, one of the most corrupt and fucked up spots on the planet? Are you fucking serious?

If Amanda Rodrigues hired her own private investigators, they would probably conclude it was a suicide. In my opinion, the Brazilian authorities were the only neutral party here. Why shouldn't we believe them? The autopsy in Canada was consistent with the autopsy in Brazil. Is Canada a cesspool of corruption too?

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 2 2011, 12:02 AM) *
Well we just disagree then. Because for ANYONE to come out smiling like she did like she won some lottery jackpot. Being relieved is one thing, but her smug ass face showing no remorse at all is puzzling to me. Regardless of her happiness of being freed, she still has a dead husband, and I just find her reaction very odd. I would find a normal(innocent) persons reaction in that situation to be a huge relieve and lots of tears and to be very emotional. NOT coming out with a million dollar smile.

People react to shit in different ways. You can't say for sure how you would react until you're in that situation. In that 48 Hours episode, she shows quite a bit of emotion.

So enlighten me, how did she pull this off? What's your theory? Where's your proof?
Method
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Oct 2 2011, 03:57 AM) *
If Amanda Rodrigues hired her own private investigators, they would probably conclude it was a suicide. In my opinion, the Brazilian authorities were the only neutral party here. Why shouldn't we believe them? The autopsy in Canada was consistent with the autopsy in Brazil. Is Canada a cesspool of corruption too?

The autopsy in Canada did NOT rule out homicide. The autopsy in Canada basically just confirmed that it coulda been homicide, coulda been suicide.

The forensic investigation commissioned by Pat Lynch was a lot more convincing, IMO. Yes, I do understand the skepticism surrounding investigations commissioned by anyone related to Gatti. That said, Brazil is notorious for corruption, crime. NOTORIOUS.

People react to shit in different ways. You can't say for sure how you would react until you're in that situation. In that 48 Hours episode, she shows quite a bit of emotion.

Oh yeah, when you've had plenty of time to polish up your act, you get it right. I judge by her immediate, unrehearsed reaction. Fuck, man, OJ was more believable than this bitch. When the judge read his not guilty verdict, there was a sigh of relief. This bitch reacted like she just hit the lottery.

So enlighten me, how did she pull this off? What's your theory? Where's your proof?

My theory? I think she had him killed. I do NOT think it would be hard to pull off. I think she knew EXACTLY what she was dealing with, so much so that she could anticipate their fights, so it wouldn't be hard to pull off. All of the probable cause was there. She knows, like clockwork, what happens when this guy starts drinking. EVERYONE that knows him knew. Threatens to kill him. Threatens to kill him if she can ever get him to Brazil. Has him change his will 3 weeks before it? Works as a stripper but lies about it, despite being photographed on stage. Despite others that worked with her confirming it. Still denies it.

The whole thing WREAKS of premeditated, orchestrated.

I think she knew all the right people to get it done. A phone call away. She and homeboy got in a fight. She's pissed, rolls home. Makes a few calls. Lets guys in. Gatti gets home pickled as usual, gets ambushed (or passes out and gets ambushed) - hit w a blunt object in the back of the head, then strangled w a purse strap. Real easy. Blood all over the taxi but no blood on the banister, and no blood on the floor dripping from his neck directly where he hung fom for HOURS? Yet a 10 minute cab ride leaves the taxi seat blood-ridden? No blood drips while he hangs for hours? Yet where he falls and finally rests (head somehow winds up under the fucking cabinet (impossible to these eyes), and there's a POOL of blood from the back of the head wound there. OK.

Then the bitch comes down and walks right past his dead ass? Ive seen some party animals passed out, but I aint never seen em passed out twisted up like a pretzel. There was nothing about him laying there that said, "Oh, my husband's sleeping". If the positioning didnt scream that, then the pool of blood he was laying in BELLOWED it.

Unfortunately, Imperious, all of this is circumstantial. But ALL theory's pertaining to this case are circumstantial, compounded by the fact that the Brazilian police botched the investigation and contaminated the crime scene. Of everything mentioned here, THIS, at least, is not for dispute.

caneman
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Oct 1 2011, 11:22 PM) *

That was Michael Baden in the Real Sports segment, and he was also a paid advocate. What's funny though is how Baden agreed it was a hanging, whereas the private investigators are claiming it was a strangulation.

My opinion is that once the strap got tight, the outer edges of the strap put that deep furrow on his neck.

That's not evidence, Slim. I understand the suspicion, but coincidences do happen, and I think this is one of them.

Are you blind? That furrow clearly travels back and upwards, right behind his ears. Textbook example of a hanging.

Check this out: http://books.google.com/books?id=4VkXpNe9x...ging&f=true

Scroll down to Figure 9.1, and tell me that doesn't look like the furrow on Gatti's neck. Also, do you see how deep that furrow is? What do you think could've caused that? Something was tied tight around his neck for a long time. On top of that, look at the picture of Gatti lying on the floor. Do you see the dark discoloration in his hands and feet? This is known as lividity/blood pooling, and it's a very common characteristic of a hanging. When a person is hanged, gravity pulls the blood down into the hands and feet, which causes that dark purple color. Textbook stuff.

You can't say anyone else was involved either. Even that CBS show reported that video surveillance confirmed that no one else entered that room. So if he was murdered, his wife would be the only suspect. That's ridiculous though, since obviously she couldn't have hanged Arturo Gatti alive.

Look at the circumstances. Here's a guy who is in a new marriage, one that is unhappy and maybe on it's last legs, hence the attempted reconciliation and trips to Holland, France and Brazil - with the 2nd proposal in Paris. He has recently made a huge change, forgoing the adulation that powered his get-up-and-go for the last 20 years. He now drunkenly assaults his wife, in public no less with his 11-month old baby there as well, and a crowd of people rip him and throw stones at him and make him feel like shit. Now, with the ended career, busted marriage, feeling miserable and hated, probably like everything that means anything to him is now gone...to think it's farfetched that he might have been suicidal is to ignore a lot of realities. And being drunk makes it worse - when you're drunk self loathing is exaggerated by a factor of ten, and so is self-destructive behavior.

i MUST BE CAUSE IT SHOULD BE RIGHT UNDER HIS EAR GOING UP IN DIRECTION!
Method
"That furrow clearly travels back and upwards, right behind his ears. Textbook example of a hanging." - Imperious

...and his Adam's Apple was crushed, EXTREMELY INCONSISTENT in a hanging.
Imperius3
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 2 2011, 09:02 AM) *
The autopsy in Canada did NOT rule out homicide. The autopsy in Canada basically just confirmed that it coulda been homicide, coulda been suicide.

The forensic investigation commissioned by Pat Lynch was a lot more convincing, IMO. Yes, I do understand the skepticism surrounding investigations commissioned by anyone related to Gatti. That said, Brazil is notorious for corruption, crime. NOTORIOUS.

Oh yeah, when you've had plenty of time to polish up your act, you get it right. I judge by her immediate, unrehearsed reaction. Fuck, man, OJ was more believable than this bitch. When the judge read his not guilty verdict, there was a sigh of relief. This bitch reacted like she just hit the lottery.

My theory? I think she had him killed. I do NOT think it would be hard to pull off. I think she knew EXACTLY what she was dealing with, so much so that she could anticipate their fights, so it wouldn't be hard to pull off. All of the probable cause was there. She knows, like clockwork, what happens when this guy starts drinking. EVERYONE that knows him knew. Threatens to kill him. Threatens to kill him if she can ever get him to Brazil. Has him change his will 3 weeks before it? Works as a stripper but lies about it, despite being photographed on stage. Despite others that worked with her confirming it. Still denies it.

The whole thing WREAKS of premeditated, orchestrated.

I think she knew all the right people to get it done. A phone call away. She and homeboy got in a fight. She's pissed, rolls home. Makes a few calls. Lets guys in. Gatti gets home pickled as usual, gets ambushed (or passes out and gets ambushed) - hit w a blunt object in the back of the head, then strangled w a purse strap. Real easy. Blood all over the taxi but no blood on the banister, and no blood on the floor dripping from his neck directly where he hung fom for HOURS? Yet a 10 minute cab ride leaves the taxi seat blood-ridden? No blood drips while he hangs for hours? Yet where he falls and finally rests (head somehow winds up under the fucking cabinet (impossible to these eyes), and there's a POOL of blood from the back of the head wound there. OK.

Then the bitch comes down and walks right past his dead ass? Ive seen some party animals passed out, but I aint never seen em passed out twisted up like a pretzel. There was nothing about him laying there that said, "Oh, my husband's sleeping". If the positioning didnt scream that, then the pool of blood he was laying in BELLOWED it.

Unfortunately, Imperious, all of this is circumstantial. But ALL theory's pertaining to this case are circumstantial, compounded by the fact that the Brazilian police botched the investigation and contaminated the crime scene. Of everything mentioned here, THIS, at least, is not for dispute.

Michael Baden is the one who "couldn't determine" if it was homicide or suicide (his favor for the Gatti's), but it's unclear if the Canadian pathologists officially ruled it a suicide. They did confirm that Gatti had been suspended in the air for several hours (hanged). Since 96% of hangings are suicides, I have a hunch the Canadian pathologists have already decided this was a suicide. The remaining 4% of hangings are accidental. I couldn't find a percentage for "hanging homicides". As a matter of fact, I haven't been able to find a single documented case of a "hanging homicide".

Your theory has some flaws in it.

1) The fact that Gatti's blood was in the taxi confirms that he received his injuries before returning to the hotel.

2) Video surveillance confirms that no one else entered the suite expect for Gatti and Rodrigues. That pretty much squashes the hitman theory right there.

3) If she hired some thugs to do it, how could she guarantee them money? How could she guarantee she was going to get away with murder and receive the will at the same time? Who would be willing to accept a murder for hire without guaranteed payment? And where's the paper trail? "Hey - I'm not standing for this shit - come back with me, kill my husband and I'll pay you handsomely....oh, by the way, I don't actually have a fucking cent in my pocket, but if I get off in a few weeks, I might have a couple of million - give me your contact details and I'll cut you in!" Does that really sound plausible to you?

The suicide theory is not just circumstantial, it's backed with medical evidence. And what's this about the "crime scene" being contaminated? That's the first time I've heard that. How was the scene contaminated?

QUOTE (caneman @ Oct 2 2011, 09:16 AM) *
i MUST BE CAUSE IT SHOULD BE RIGHT UNDER HIS EAR GOING UP IN DIRECTION!

I don't know what to tell you. That furrow clearly travels back and upwards, right under his ears. Clear as day. If you can't see that, then I seriously question your judgment.

QUOTE (Method @ Oct 2 2011, 12:32 PM) *
...and his Adam's Apple was crushed, EXTREMELY INCONSISTENT in a hanging.

Fractures of the hyoid bone or thyroid cartilage are present in 12% of suicidal hangings. This is all mentioned in the link I posted above.
Imperius3
Here is some more information I've compiled from various reports. Make sure to read the parts in Bold.

GATTI'S INJURIES
When he was found dead, Gatti had several injury marks on his body. The autopsy report of the Forensic Institute of the State of Pernambuco states several bruises on the body caused by blunt objects, including an open wound behind the head. According to the autopsy, these injuries may have occurred before or just after death, when the body fell to the floor. Investigators from the police in Ipojuca argue that these injuries would have occurred before death, in the fight where Gatti had been involved in, in the center of Porto de Galinhas. Witnesses saw angry people throwing rocks at Gatti. Blood was found on the headrest of the taxi that brought him back to the Ancorar resort. DNA tests showed this was the blood of the boxer.

BLOOD
During interrogation, Amanda Rodrigues went downstairs around 6am to get milk for the baby. She said she noticed that her husband was lying on the ground, but did not bother about him because she thought he had fallen asleep drunk on the floor. "I was half asleep and angry at him," she said. She also said she had not noticed the blood, but the pictures of the corpse taken by investigators from the forensic team around 11am show a significant amount of blood on the ground. Asked by media on this subject, the police chief Paulo Alberes contends that the blood would start flowing from the wound that Gatti had behind his head after 9am, "probably due to Amanda dropping his head back when she realized he was dead, and she started shaking him." The first people who entered the condominium shortly after 9am all testified that there was only a little blood around the head of the boxer and it was spreading more and more thereafter.

ACCOMPLICES
Most proponents of the hypothesis of murder do not believe that Amanda Rodrigues, rather frail, could have killed the tough boxer herself. Many people argue, however, she might have had one or more accomplices, or even another person being introduced into the condominium to commit murder. Investigators say they have rejected this possibility for two reasons:
1 - The first is that to enter the apartment, it was essential to use a magnetic card - the doors lock automatically. Esperidião Cristina, who rents the condo at Ancorar, ensured that there were only two cards issued. Arturo had one and the other was placed on the device that starts electricity in the apartment. However, only one entry was recorded that morning (11th July): 2:30am
2 - According to Paulo Alberes, if a man or men had murdered Gatti, there would be traces of it somewhere. "There was no trace of violence or fighting in the apartment, not even in the immediate environment where the body was found."
3 - The police chief also rejected the hypothesis that Gatti had slept on the couch. No trace of blood or other bodily signs of Gatti has been found on the couch.

NOISE
In an interview with the media, the brother of Arturo, Fabrizio, wondered how Amanda Rodrigues did not hear the sound of the falling body of Arturo when the belt broke. The widow has always maintained that she heard nothing. However, the apartments at Ancorar have three air conditioners on the top floor, one bigger than the other in the main room. It is likely that these devices, which were based and which are quite noisy, could mask the noise of the fall.

DRUNK OR DRUGGED?
Witnesses said that Arturo Gatti had drunk most of two bottles of wine he and Amanda had ordered at the restaurant where they ate pizza. He then drank beer in another restaurant, before the dispute that erupted between him and his wife. Upon arrival at the resort, Gatti smelled of alcohol, but was "not drunk at the point of staggering," according to hotel employees. Investigators suspect he would have drunk seven cans of Skol beer on arrival at the condominium during the night, after his wife went to the 1st-floor with the baby. The empty cans were found in the garbage near the kitchen counter. However, toxicology tests conducted by the Institute of Forensic Medicine of the State of Pernambuco (IML) have not yet been made public. Last Friday (Sept 4), at the request of lawyers from the family of Gatti and the Canadian government, Judge Andrea Calacio Venancio has ordered toxicology tests and were added to the folder that is in the hands of the Attorney Roberto Brayne. The prosecutor expects to receive the analysis report in the middle of next week. The analysis will then be provided to coroners of Quebec who conducted the second autopsy on the body of the boxer (which has now been completed).

CONSPIRACY
According to family members and friends of Arturo Gatti, police and investigators in Brazil have been corrupted. "I was told that the police earn only $5,000 per year in Brazil. It is easy to be corrupted" said manager Pat Lynch. (Indeed, the police "civilians" of Brazil are beginning to be paid about $5,000, which is the average annual wage in the country. The heads of police and federal officers, however, are paid much more for $43,000). Counsel of Amanda Rodrigues, Celio Avelino, who plans to bring to prosecution against the State of Pernambuco because the police had her client unjustly imprisoned for 18 days, said that in this survey, there has not been one investigator involved, but several police. "In Brazil, the first police officers to intervene are civilian police. Then there are the investigators of the forensic team, which is derived from a separate organization. In this case, there was also an autopsy performed by the Forensic Institute. Counsel for the State received the case and a judge also considered the evidence."

The investigation team comrised of:
Moises Teixeira - Civilian police (district of Porto de Galinhas). Chief of Police District where the death occurred, the officer was responsible for the survey during the first three days. He quickly concluded the conviction of Amanda Rodrigues. He argued he had acted so quickly only because it was "technically impossible" that a third person had entered the apartment.
Josedith Ferreira - Civilian police (responsible for homicides). He conducted one of the interrogations of Amanda Rodrigues and would have decided on the arrest. He remains silent since Amanda Rodrigues' lawyer has initiated procedures to sue.
Paulo Alberes - Civilian police (district Ipojuca). Chief of Police Ipojuca, it was he who conducted the bulk of the investigation. He too was convinced of the guilt of the widow when he took the case. "But making progress, the survey showed us that we were misled," he says.
Roberto Brayne - solicitor for the State of Pernambuco. State Attorney in charge of the case from the beginning (the equivalent of our Crown prosecutors). He asked a judge last week to order the addition of certain documents to the police report, including toxicology tests done on the body of Gatti.
Luciana Maria de Oliveira Borges - Institute of Forensic Medicine. The coroner who performed the original autopsy. In her report she concluded that death by asphyxiation due to hanging.
Vanja de Oliveira Coelho - Criminalistisque Institute (Instituto de Criminalistica). With her team, she has analyzed the crime scene. This team has discovered traces of the belt on the stairs and that convinced police it was suicide.

HYPOTHESIS OF SUICIDE
Findings of the Brazilian police: After drinking wine and beer, Arturo Gatti would have hung the nylon handbag strap/belt at the junction of two pieces of wood in the middle of the stairs of the apartment, at a height of 2.23m (7.31ft). It would then be mounted on a stool to pass his head through the strap. The stool was found overturned nearby. After three hours, the nylon strap loop is broken and the body would have fallen to the ground. Marks were detected on the wood where the belt had been installed. Investigators also found microscopic nylon fibers at this location. Coroners have confirmed that the body doesn't show signs of being punched, kicked, beaten or restrained. They have checked for signs of 5 toxic metals and 15 toxic organic substances found in bloodstreams when dealing with homicides and found zero. Tylenol PM traces were found in his bloodstream.
Imperius3
Gatti had attempted and threatened suicide before:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2011/0...fth-estate.html

Nail in the coffin. How anyone can doubt Gatti was suicidal is beyond me.
Cshel86
Well his past suicide attempts could've served as a smoke screen for his wife, if she did decide to have him killed. Hell, maybe he did take his own life. Who knows...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.