Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ward v Froch postponed
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
lloyd mayflower
Andre Ward v Carl Froch has been postponed as Andre Ward suffered a cut in sparring which required seven stitches.

Pretty disappointed about this one
Maxy
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 23 2011, 07:10 AM) *
Andre Ward v Carl Froch has been postponed as Andre Ward suffered a cut in sparring which required seven stitches.

Yeah gutted. Was proper lookin' forward to this one. It's gonna be a while now, probably after Christmas although I did hear some talk about it being put on the same night as Khan-Peterson. Doubt it though.

War Froch!
HazConvictedFelonMane
That sucks! I was really looking forward to this fight because it was going to be for the lineal championship above all.
caneman
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Sep 23 2011, 07:10 AM) *

It seems like the tourney will take 4 years to complete...I am hating that the fight is postponed myself!
lloyd mayflower
Just seen Eddie Hearn casting doubt on Wards injury, says that he has heard nothing from Wards promoters and as it stands the fight has not "officially" been called off. And saying that if the cut is legit and causes more than a 3 or 4 week postponment. they will be looking at another fight for Froch to stay busy till after christmas.
Method
Well that sucks.

I said from jump the reason I wasnt crazy about this tourney is because it would take YEARS to hash through.
streetlion1
That really sucks....I was looking forward to watching Ward whip his ass.
Cshel86
That's good ol' boxing for ya. Things happen, and its a hard pill to swallow, but what can we do? It does suck though...
Jhill47
I wanted to see that shit too
wolterb
bummer
thehype
7 stitches.
BoxingEinstein

Damn, who was he sparring? If he gets cut easily then Froch will happily oblige to expose that weakness (if it is one). Froch has shown great improvement and at the moment is the UK
s 2nd best fighter right under Khan. He's shown he has a chin, can brawl with the best, has heart, iron will, KO power and in his last 2 fights he's shown he can box. I knew more than anyone that Froch can box if he wanted to, the guy is 6'1 with a long reach to match.

I just hope this fight doesn't get postponed again so we can see who faces Bute because I really think he either Froch or Ward can beat him.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Sep 23 2011, 01:30 PM) *
Damn, who was he sparring? If he gets cut easily then Froch will happily oblige to expose that weakness (if it is one). Froch has shown great improvement and at the moment is the UK
s 2nd best fighter right under Khan. He's shown he has a chin, can brawl with the best, has heart, iron will, KO power and in his last 2 fights he's shown he can box. I knew more than anyone that Froch can box if he wanted to, the guy is 6'1 with a long reach to match.

I just hope this fight doesn't get postponed again so we can see who faces Bute because I really think he either Froch or Ward can beat him.

I personally like Froch alot more then Khan... for some reason he reminds me of those crazy brawling Soccer players fans...lol

JONdaCON817
and im thinkin the cut was a freak accident... Ward has never shown a tendency to get cut...
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Sep 23 2011, 04:23 PM) *
and im thinkin the cut was a freak accident... Ward has never shown a tendency to get cut...

Well he got cut in his fight against Sakio but thats because Sakio was rough housing him and head butted Ward a couple times. That's Sakio's style and Ward showed great heart by getting dirty and beating Sakio at his own game. It was great fight to show Ward can fight dirty withi boxing's textbook but also his inside game has improved.

I see Ward winning unless he gets caught with a punch that hurts him really bad by The Cobra.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Sep 23 2011, 04:33 PM) *
Well he got cut in his fight against Sakio but thats because Sakio was rough housing him and head butted Ward a couple times. That's Sakio's style and Ward showed great heart by getting dirty and beating Sakio at his own game. It was great fight to show Ward can fight dirty withi boxing's textbook but also his inside game has improved.

I see Ward winning unless he gets caught with a punch that hurts him really bad by The Cobra.

Spot on E=MC2, i agree.... i thought it was impressive as hell to see Ward get down and dirty... at first i was thinkin "uh oh this is gonna get ugly" but he showed tremendous poise and the ability to adapt mid fight, which is harder then it sounds... p4p he is deff one of the best well-rounded boxers IMO. i think if he beats Froch and does it convincingly he should deserve top 5 or atleast top 8 p4p consideration...
Lil-lightsout
Well this sucks. Laughing at anyone questioning this. Ward is going to win an easy unanimous decision.
duwdu
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Sep 23 2011, 01:30 PM) *

Sorry I'm a bit confused by the sentence...if you mean to say that neither Ward nor Froch would beat Bute, then I'd have to disagree, especially if such contests are not staged anywhere in Quebec. Bute was exposed - badly, and in Quebec - by Librado Andrade during their first encounter in 2008. Bute seems to have done wonders improving on his stamina since that fight, still, I doubt that Bute has sufficient ring craftiness to offset neither Froch nor Ward at this point in time.

P34c3

Edit: Reading the sentence again, if I omit the "he" immediately following "think," then we are concluding the same, I think?
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Sep 23 2011, 02:30 PM) *

That was my question, somebody was really trying to prove a point during that sparring session. He doesn't get put easily because he is too much of a pretty boy and too defensive to walk around all banged, lol (I have reason to believe thats the case anyway). Froch is a freakin' monster and fights in these freakish spurts that make it hard to figure out if he's tired or not, he keeps you on your toes. He went tooth-to-nail with Glenn Johnson (great fight), and gave it what he had, so this upcoming bout will be worth a watch.

QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Sep 23 2011, 04:22 PM) *
I personally like Froch alot more then Khan... for some reason he reminds me of those crazy brawling Soccer players fans...lol

JONdaCON...ANY, and I mean ANY soccer fan is a brawler, especially if you come off the wrong way and disrespect the sport, lol. Im sure you've watched TruTV, those guys will fight on a dime and fight til the death over a soccer game...the most violent fans I know! Crazy! Lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.