Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DiBella wants OSDT!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
HazConvictedFelonMane
http://www.boxingscene.com/dibella-ortiz-g...rto-shot--44124

I just read this article and found it intersting. I previously posted a topic on this subject. I was wondering if the OSDT had something to do with Ortiz not being able to beat the count. I know that the shot you don't see coming is the one that puts your lights out. I'm not trying to discredit Floyd's KO (because that right hand rocked that boy), but Berto looked to have hit him a little harder. Anytime I see a fighter looking like a 'man possessed', I think of PED's. So I find it a little odd how Mayweather's demand for testing showed us a different Victor Ortiz than the one we saw in the Berto fight. I wonder if that kind of thinking fuels Lou DiBella (my hometown promoter) to say he wants the same kind of test that was used in the fight with Mayweather. I'm looking forward to hearing his reasoning on the matter. That's only if he decides to address it. These days fighters want to take you to court.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Sep 23 2011, 07:30 PM) *

I just read this article and found it intersting. I previously posted a topic on this subject. I was wondering if the OSDT had something to do with Ortiz not being able to beat the count. I know that the shot you don't see coming is the one that puts your lights out. I'm not trying to discredit Floyd's KO (because that right hand rocked that boy), but Berto looked to have hit him a little harder. Anytime I see a fighter looking like a 'man possessed', I think of PED's. So I find it a little odd how Mayweather's demand for testing showed us a different Victor Ortiz than the one we saw in the Berto fight. I wonder if that kind of thinking fuels Lou DiBella (my hometown promoter) to say he wants the same kind of test that was used in the fight with Mayweather. I'm looking forward to hearing his reasoning on the matter. That's only if he decides to address it. These days fighters want to take you to court.

Thanks for putting up the link. OSDT should be the standard in boxing and would only help the sport
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Sep 23 2011, 06:30 PM) *
I was wondering if the OSDT had something to do with Ortiz not being able to beat the count. I know that the shot you don't see coming is the one that puts your lights out. I'm not trying to discredit Floyd's KO (because that right hand rocked that boy), but Berto looked to have hit him a little harder. Anytime I see a fighter looking like a 'man possessed', I think of PED's. So I find it a little odd how Mayweather's demand for testing showed us a different Victor Ortiz than the one we saw in the Berto fight. I wonder if that kind of thinking fuels Lou DiBella (my hometown promoter) to say he wants the same kind of test that was used in the fight with Mayweather. I'm looking forward to hearing his reasoning on the matter. That's only if he decides to address it. These days fighters want to take you to court.

Ortiz could have beat the count. He didn't want to continue. And the reason Ortiz didn't look like the same fighter against Mayweather that he did against Berto is because he was fighting Mayweather and not Berto.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 23 2011, 08:59 PM) *
Ortiz could have beat the count. He didn't want to continue. And the reason Ortiz didn't look like the same fighter against Mayweather that he did against Berto is because he was fighting Mayweather and not Berto.

Exactly! They are two entirely different fighters... Berto and Mayweather.

Berto definitely hits harder than Floyd. BUT I would much rather get hit with a punch I can kind of brace for the impact of a bigger punch(Berto), than get hit by a less powerful sharp punch(PBF) I never expected.

Michigan Assassin
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 23 2011, 07:59 PM) *

Haha!

Exactly.

I thought he would beat the count but then realized that he didn't want to. Ortiz from the end of the Maidana fight was suddenly on his ass in Vegas.
TheFonz
Let them all juice. It would be more entertaining and more cost effective.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 23 2011, 08:59 PM) *

Im all out of 8 and 9 scoring cards, so I will hold up the "10" card and consider your post the gospel! clapping.gif

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 23 2011, 09:08 PM) *
Exactly! They are two entirely different fighters... Berto and Mayweather.

Berto definitely hits harder than Floyd. BUT I would much rather get hit with a punch I can kind of brace for the impact of a bigger punch(Berto), than get hit by a less powerful sharp punch(PBF) I never expected.

You pretty much hit this one on the head! You can get knocked cold out by a feather-fisted guy if you are completely defenseless or you didn't see it coming. The last trees I saw Floyd chop down were, Diego Corrales and Phillip N'dou...back in the days when he had substantial power.
checkleft
Bravo to your guys posts. I don't understand how people don't get this aspect of boxing. As Emanuel said in the Martinez Williams 2 fight, the one you don't see is the one that puts the lights out.
gravytrain
who would think that the promoter of a hype job would want to blame his fighter's loss on his opponent using PEDs.
Cshel86
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 23 2011, 11:32 PM) *
who would think that the promoter of a hype job would want to blame his fighter's loss on his opponent using PEDs.

Obviously a whiney and begging ass promoter, who is delusional about his fighters and his promotional contribution to the sport. His best promoted fights come in spurts, and he knows it. Berto is a hype job that will easily get his paper stapled against Ortiz again and Martinez is just too damn big to fight the current cash cows without sacrificing his own health to make the fight happen, so Dibella is screwed. Berto got worked on April 16th, simple as that. He thought Ortiz didn't have heart and he was a quitter, which was true, but he only exhibits those traits every 4 to 5 fights. First it was the Maidana fight that he quit in, then he beat Diaz (1), Campbell (2), Harris (3), drew with Peterson (4), raped Berto (he didn't quit this time and beat his ass), and basically found a way out of the Mayweather bout. So yes, between the Maidana and Mayweather fight, he won 5 fights.
gravytrain
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 23 2011, 11:44 PM) *
Obviously a whiney and begging ass promoter, who is delusional about his fighters and his promotional contribution to the sport. His best promoted fights come in spurts, and he knows it. Berto is a hype job that will easily get his paper stapled against Ortiz again and Martinez is just too damn big to fight the current cash cows without sacrificing his own health to make the fight happen, so Dibella is screwed. Berto got worked on April 16th, simple as that. He thought Ortiz didn't have heart and he was a quitter, which was true, but he only exhibits those traits every 4 to 5 fights. First it was the Maidana fight that he quit in, then he beat Diaz (1), Campbell (2), Harris (3), drew with Peterson (4), raped Berto (he didn't quit this time and beat his ass), and basically found a way out of the Mayweather bout. So yes, between the Maidana and Mayweather fight, he won 5 fights.

i doubted him going into the fight with Berto but Berto was very hittable and Ortiz was giving it better than he got it. the funny thing is Berto will probably sit back and keep getting those 7 figure checks for soft fights like he's until Ortiz ended it. i do think DiBella really pushes for the rematch though, if Berto won and Mayweather is available he'll probably be Mayweather's next opponent.
Cshel86
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 24 2011, 12:00 AM) *
i doubted him going into the fight with Berto but Berto was very hittable and Ortiz was giving it better than he got it. the funny thing is Berto will probably sit back and keep getting those 7 figure checks for soft fights like he's until Ortiz ended it. i do think DiBella really pushes for the rematch though, if Berto won and Mayweather is available he'll probably be Mayweather's next opponent.

Of course DiBella is pushing for the rematch because there's money attached to it, but Berto will get beat like a step-child again. Berto has no choice, he can no longer face lesser opposition after the Ortiz loss, so he's stuck in a hard place. If he happens to beat Ortiz, then DiBella better use that brain of his and keep him as far away from Mayweather as possible. His best bet is to look into a Bradley, Alexander, Khan, or Maidana fight afterwards, in order to keep his 7-figure paydays and stay in competitive and somewhat safe fights.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Sep 23 2011, 06:30 PM) *

To my knowledge there was no OSDT for Mayweather-Ortiz or for Ortiz-Berto. If wrong, someone please clarify. Most boxing jurisdictions are still using the same pre-post fight commission requirements. However, OSDT is a good idea, and I believe it could help boxing. What testing did they do for Mayweather-Ortiz above standard procedure?

Jack
mgrover
doesn't matter mayweather was juicing...
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 24 2011, 12:31 AM) *
To my knowledge there was no OSDT for Mayweather-Ortiz or for Ortiz-Berto. If wrong, someone please clarify. Most boxing jurisdictions are still using the same pre-post fight commission requirements. However, OSDT is a good idea, and I believe it could help boxing. What testing did they do for Mayweather-Ortiz above standard procedure?

Jack

C'mon Jack. You know there were. 'I wanna thank Victor Ortiz for stepping up to the plate, and taking the tests' -FMJ
For you to be a Mod. guy, you're supposed to know these things. They did the same tests that happened in the Mosley fight.
caneman
REAL OSDTing is year around not while training for 1 fight for several weeks!
PColeman28
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 23 2011, 06:35 PM) *
You pretty much hit this one on the head! You can get knocked cold out by a feather-fisted guy if you are completely defenseless or you didn't see it coming. The last trees I saw Floyd chop down were, Diego Corrales and Phillip N'dou...back in the days when he had substantial power.

N'dou really did get chopped down too lol

QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 23 2011, 05:59 PM) *

i agree with cshel and give this a 10, it's common sense to why he looked different against two fighters with two different styles lol.....
PColeman28
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 23 2011, 09:09 PM) *
Of course DiBella is pushing for the rematch because there's money attached to it, but Berto will get beat like a step-child again. Berto has no choice, he can no longer face lesser opposition after the Ortiz loss, so he's stuck in a hard place. If he happens to beat Ortiz, then DiBella better use that brain of his and keep him as far away from Mayweather as possible. His best bet is to look into a Bradley, Alexander, Khan, or Maidana fight afterwards, in order to keep his 7-figure paydays and stay in competitive and somewhat safe fights.

Berto's defense is really bad even in his last fight 2 or 3 weeks ago it was still bad, so i think Ortiz does beat him again, but if berto does win(assuming a rematch even happens) i agree that he should stay away from mayweather and focus on alexander first then the other 3 and be content with 7-figure fights
gravytrain
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Sep 24 2011, 07:28 AM) *
C'mon Jack. You know there were. 'I wanna thank Victor Ortiz for stepping up to the plate, and taking the tests' -FMJ
For you to be a Mod. guy, you're supposed to know these things. They did the same tests that happened in the Mosley fight.

he said they did the testing but no details about it have been released. there's no telling when the testing began and ended.
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 24 2011, 02:09 PM) *
he said they did the testing but no details about it have been released. there's no telling when the testing began and ended.

Well you guys must not be paying attention. On HBO's behind the scenes of the press-con, you can see Ortiz signing the paper and being instructed by the USADA. Right after the NY press-con, it was also an article stating that Mayweather promised to hang out with the fans right after he gave the USADA a sample. At the post fight press-con, Floyd was asked about the USADA, and he said that he had to give them a sample. I find it quite shocking how you guys seem not to know these things when we pretty much get the same news feeds. Get a clue.
gravytrain
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Sep 24 2011, 03:43 PM) *
Well you guys must not be paying attention. On HBO's behind the scenes of the press-con, you can see Ortiz signing the paper and being instructed by the USADA. Right after the NY press-con, it was also an article stating that Mayweather promised to hang out with the fans right after he gave the USADA a sample. At the post fight press-con, Floyd was asked about the USADA, and he said that he had to give them a sample. I find it quite shocking how you guys seem not to know these things when we pretty much get the same news feeds. Get a clue.

then tell us how long the random testing lasted.
Cshel86
QUOTE (PColeman28 @ Sep 24 2011, 01:54 PM) *
N'dou really did get chopped down too lol

Yes he did; no way around that one. That was a great fight too, but like I said earlier, I like May's fights at 130, 135, and 140. There are only particular ones that I like past that point.

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 24 2011, 02:09 PM) *

Thank you!

QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Sep 24 2011, 03:43 PM) *

As long as we all saw where it began, and there was proof that testing was in effect, then that should be enough evidence. I believe that this 24/7 was busy capturing other footage, rather than the testing. Besides, the first time Floyd did it was for the Mosley fight, so of course it was gonna be put out there for the public to see it. Now that we know what Floyd demands from every fighter, there's no need to show it on every 24/7. The best thing for Mosley was for the cameras to show him getting tested, since he was a known PED user.
PColeman28
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 24 2011, 01:06 PM) *
Yes he did; no way around that one. That was a great fight too, but like I said earlier, I like May's fights at 130, 135, and 140. There are only particular ones that I like past that point.

Same here, he was a lot faster at those weights and agressive.

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 24 2011, 01:03 PM) *
then tell us how long the random testing lasted.

The testing was suppose to be from the 1st press conference up to the fight, and one last sample directly after the fight....about 3 months of random blood and urine testing

Cshel86
He stopped testing Mosley about 18 days before the fight. Thats weird, because if I remember correctly, on 24/7 Mosley was about to head off to the weigh-in (I believe), and the Doping Agency popped up before he even left the house. Then Mosley was complaining and saying that his mouth was dry and so fourth, and believe he was on his way to the weigh-in.
HazConvictedFelonMane
Does anyone know how many PPV buys this fight generated yet? I know I bought it. Usually when I buy fights, they do crazy numbers because there are many people who buy fights, or refuse to buy fights for the same reason.
gravytrain
QUOTE (PColeman28 @ Sep 24 2011, 08:59 PM) *
Same here, he was a lot faster at those weights and agressive.

The testing was suppose to be from the 1st press conference up to the fight, and one last sample directly after the fight....about 3 months of random blood and urine testing

keywords are "was suppose to be".

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.