Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Klitschko Brothers vs. The Past Legends
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Here's my list. (Note that I give Vitali a better shot against the legends than Wlad because of Wlad's suspect chin in most cases,)

Ali-beats both Vitali. by decision, Wlad. by mid to late rounds KO/TKO.

Foreman: Has about a 60% chance of a KO against Wald. within the first 4 rounds. 40% says Wlad by a SD after the first four rounds, where Foreman might have stamina problems and Wlad could come on to win. Foreman has about a 40% shot to KO Vitali in first four rounds, otherwise Vitali gets the win by SD or maybe a UD.

Lewis: We say Vitali and Lewis go toe to toe in one of the best heavyweight fights in the last decade or so. I had it 3-3 at the stoppage even though Vitali did better in winning his rounds than Lewis did in winning his rounds. Wlad against Lewis is tough to pick. The Rahman I curse could come for Lewis if hit by Wlad. The Sanders curse could come for Wlad if hit by Lewis.

This would have to be a two fight series. I'll take Wlad by KO in 5, BUT Lewis KO in 5 in the rematch! Each fighter's chin let's him down in each fight. If somehow both survive into round 6, I will take Lewis over Wlad.

Louis: Everyone says The Brown Bomber was too small. Could be right. He also had a vulnerable chin. The problem is could either Klitschko swallow Louis' bombs? Louis exposes Wlad's chin in 4 rounds on a KO after perhaps getting stunned early. For Vitali I think he would appear to take Louis on a decision, but would Louis' shots that would land compensate for Joe's size handicap? There's a certain street fight toughness that I would take favoring Louis and the pressure he puts on a fighter. Are we talking 15 rounds here? I think Louis finds a way to win a close decision, IF he survives the early rounds and knows how to figure out Vitali's size to get inside.

Holmes: If Larry has a "Shavers Moment" he loses. Could he get past round 7, which always seemed to be his jinx round. (Shavers and the light hitting Snipes) If he does, either Klitschko could stop him, but only a 40% chance of that happening. Smart money says Holmes by decision with jabs, movement and angles against Vitali, and a KO against Wlad, after round 7.

Frazier: KO 2 win over Wlad. He gets Sandered in this fight. This is Foreman-Frazier III.

Vitali: 50% chance says Frazier left hook finds the range and ends matters within 10 rounds of a furious fight. The other 50% says Vitali by split-decision, or Frazier by split decision if Frazier could not get the job done.

This is another two-fight minimum that would be needed to pick a winner.

Tyson: against Wlad, Tyson in 3 rounds at about a 60% chance of Wlad getting Sanders'd again. 40% says that if Tyson is troubled by Wlad's size and strength it could be a Tony Tucker type of match. The size and jab of Wlad getting through to Tyson to take some rounds, but Tyson has better success in the inside and 40% chance says Tyson wins a decision.

Tyson against Vitali: Wlad does much better than Vitali. The size and reach befuddle Tyson and Vitali uses a combination of what I always thought Holmes would do to Tyson, jab his way to a UD, and what Douglas did to Tyson, minus the KO. Vitali's size is too much, and Tyson almost always faded after the first five rounds.

Some of these are hard to call though. We have an age difference with these past greats, and we have a championship rounds difference of 15 rounds vs. 12. That can be a huge factor on the outcomes.

Jack
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I spent the afternoon re-watching Bowe/Holyfield One and I think Riddick Bowe beats the snot out of either Klit.
alaganza
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 24 2011, 02:05 AM) *
I spent the afternoon re-watching Bowe/Holyfield One and I think Riddick Bowe beats the snot out of either Klit.

Agreed. I was just having a discussion about this very topic with a friend of mine.

I also think Holyfield (in his prime) would not be afraid to get inside of the reach of either of the brothers and do some damage.
gravytrain
Wlad: WTKO4 Dempsey, WUD Tunney, LUD Louis, WUD Walcott, WSD Charles, WUD Moore, WRTD10 Marciano, WKO5 Patterson, LTKO4 Liston, LUD Ali, WUD Frazier, LKO2 Foreman, LSD Holmes, WKO10 Shavers, WUD Norton, WUD Spinks, LKO1 Tyson, LRTD8 Lewis, LSD Holyfield, LUD Bowe

i don't know how Vitali would do in some of the fights, i would have to think about it more.
mrchitown
QUOTE (alaganza @ Sep 24 2011, 09:34 AM) *
Agreed. I was just having a discussion about this very topic with a friend of mine.

I also think Holyfield (in his prime) would not be afraid to get inside of the reach of either of the brothers and do some damage.

Agreed. Holyfield would walk both Klitschko brothers down and throw bombs. In his prime, Holyfield would walk thru the gates of he'll before he'd let a boxer put an L on his record
Jack 1000
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Sep 24 2011, 06:52 PM) *
Agreed. Holyfield would walk both Klitschko brothers down and throw bombs. In his prime, Holyfield would walk thru the gates of he'll before he'd let a boxer put an L on his record

Would Holyfield's small size be an issue, as Evander has had trouble with larger fighters? (Bowe I and III, Lewis) I give Holyfield a better shot against Vitali. Evander winning on a late rounds KO against Wlad. Against Vitali, Holyfield loses a SD, but wins a rematch by SD.

Jack
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 25 2011, 02:10 PM) *
Would Holyfield's small size be an issue, as Evander has had trouble with larger fighters? (Bowe I and III, Lewis) I give Holyfield a better shot against Vitali. Evander winning on a late rounds KO against Wlad. Against Vitali, Holyfield loses a SD, but wins a rematch by SD.

Jack

David Haye stands 6,3" and Holyfield stands 6,2". the only reason I bring it up was that Haye was able to get to Wlad periodically and bust up his cheek a little. now if Haye could do that i would certainly back Holyfield to do it as well. i think in his prime Holyfield was very quick and really knew how to slip and parry shots to get inside. He also fought a full 3 minutes of each round and I've always had the feeling that both Klits are susceptible to constant pressure. that and neither klit does much on the inside, Evander could be a beats inside.

So we agree Holyfield can get the job done against Wlad and I think 7 times out of 10 gets it done against Vitali, by UD.
rocky007
Will make this brief and simple. I would give the prime Wlad of today (not the Wlad that lost 7 years or so ago as he has gone about 13 winning fights in a row and a completely different boxer now) a 60% chance to beat any of the above mentioned or indeed any Hall of fame heayweight boxer.

The boxers of the past are of complete different to today. Now is the Klitschko era - gone are the Ali, Tyson, Lewis days..They are both athletic, lean, muscular, powerful, 6'6-6'8 with outstanding boxing skill. The boxers of the past would not have handled their size and skill.

Vitali vs Wlas - Vitali would win by late KO or MD.

Now Vitali vs Ali, Holmes, Lewis, Tyson, Frazier, Foreman, etc or any Hall of fame boxer - I would back 100% prime Vitali to beat anyone!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (rocky007 @ Sep 24 2011, 10:36 PM) *
Will make this brief and simple. I would give the prime Wlad of today (not the Wlad that lost 7 years or so ago as he has gone about 13 winning fights in a row and a completely different boxer now) a 60% chance to beat any of the above mentioned or indeed any Hall of fame heayweight boxer.

The boxers of the past are of complete different to today. Now is the Klitschko era - gone are the Ali, Tyson, Lewis days..They are both athletic, lean, muscular, powerful, 6'6-6'8 with outstanding boxing skill. The boxers of the past would not have handled their size and skill.

Vitali vs Wlas - Vitali would win by late KO or MD.

Now Vitali vs Ali, Holmes, Lewis, Tyson, Frazier, Foreman, etc or any Hall of fame boxer - I would back 100% prime Vitali to beat anyone!

laugh.gif I hope you are kidding.

The same Vitali who went life and death with a totally non motivated out of shape Lewis in his last fight? The same Vitali who quit against Byrd? The same Vitali who had a war with Sanders and got rocked a few times?

In fact I am quite certain every single fighter you mentioned above would have beaten Vitali. Beating a small shitty Adamek and other dead beat heavies today just does not make him unbeatable against past greats.
Warlord
Vitali probably does better than Wlad in these types of mythical match-ups because of his chin.

Wlad would struggle with any great pressure fighter with power and chin. I think Marciano steamrolls him in 1, Louis wins by KO in the mid-rounds, Ali stops him late, Foreman kills him (literally), Holyfield decisions him, and Lennox probably stops him as well. Wlad has a better go of it with guys like Charles, Walcott, Norton, Holmes, old Foreman, etc...

Vitali stacks up well against any of those guys, and with the exception of (maybe) Foreman, I don't think he gets stopped, though he could easily get outworked by fighters like Louis, Ali, and Holyfield.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 24 2011, 08:10 PM) *

Jack

I could see it being an issue but I'm his prime we all know Evander came to bring it. I think he smothers both brothers punches and lures them into a fight. There I think he wins. If he gets in there chest and makes them work it plays to his advantage. And I agree that he and Vitali would split fights. It would probably be another trilogy in Evander's career
rocky007
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 24 2011, 10:50 PM) *
laugh.gif I hope you are kidding.

The same Vitali who went life and death with a totally non motivated out of shape Lewis in his last fight? The same Vitali who quit against Byrd? The same Vitali who had a war with Sanders and got rocked a few times?

In fact I am quite certain every single fighter you mentioned above would have beaten Vitali. Beating a small shitty Adamek and other dead beat heavies today just does not make him unbeatable against past greats.

A lot of people need to wake up and stop giving far too much credit to the likes of Ali etc. Those boxers were just over 200lbs and tiny by todays standards. Vitali would have beat anyone! Not to say there would have been some great battles but I can not see them handling his size, power, ability to box from outside (I just watched again Bowe vs Holyfield 3 - how they just were inches apart slugging with each other close body/head shots - that would never happen with Vitali - he would be smart to box from outside unless he was forced to go to war and he can with his granite chin).

Do not forget Vitali was also a kickboxing champion before boxing so very much a natural born fighter with both very effective technique and extraordinary physical make up. He has never been knocked down to the canvas! All those boxers above have or have been TKO/KO'd! He has never been behind on a fight in points! To talk about Byrd is silly - he killed him every round and was forced to stop as he is a smart man (PhD, unlike many boxing fools) - sure he could have carried on but he realised possible implications he could have ending his boxing career with a permanent damage not because if some retarded 'hard man image' he was trying to prove - smart move as he was able to box on in the future. As his little brother easily cleaned up Byrd. The fight should simply have been caused a no contest.

As for Lewis, that was a good battle for Vitali but one he was clearly winning and was well ahead winning 4 of the 6 rounds! He was clearly throwing Lewis around. Do not forget Vitali was still maturing into his potential prime and also took the fight on short notice! The fight was clearly stopped due to a nasty deep cut above the eye (caused due to Lewis inside glove scraping across Vitali's face) and Vitali was devastated when stopped as he knew he was winning. Look at Lewis face when they announce was stopped and he looks massively relieved! Why did the crowed boo so much, interviewers gave Lewis such a hard time and demanded he promised a rematch for the fans. Again the fight should have been ruled a no contest and a rematch should have been granted. Why do you think Lewis would not give rematch despite the financial size of the fight!?! Why would a great hall of famer who knew he would be questioned over controversy for rest of his life leave that way other than a clear convincing win??!?? Simple fact is he knew his time was up and Vitali would have beaten him. Unfortunately, longer Vitali continues his dominance that he has since Lewis retired, worst it looks for Lewis.

In my view Vitali is the best money to put on beating any other Heavyweight boxer in history!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (rocky007 @ Sep 25 2011, 06:39 PM) *
A lot of people need to wake up and stop giving far too much credit to the likes of Ali etc. Those boxers were just over 200lbs and tiny by todays standards.

I'll give you one. George Foreman is over 6,3" and in his prime during his first run weighed between 220 and 230 pounds. That is hardly small. Given modern training techniques you could get him up to 240 pounds (although I doubt he would need it) and I reckon he could blast Vitali if he had the opportunity.

Larry Holmes is another guy around similar weights. You seem to equate size and a half decent jab as being impossible to beat but you only have to look at Ray Leonard beat Tommy Hearns to know this is a fallacy.

I'm not sure Vitali even beats a prime Razor Ruddock.

I would suggest it is you, blinded by the fact that Vitali has basically had to face a bunch of crap his entire career that have been fooled into thinking he is invincible. Credit to him for dominating but really what has he had to face?
BigG
Three fighters the Klitschko's DONT beat is prime Ali, Lewis and prime Holmes.

riddick
Wlad - Louis, 80/20 Wlad win TKO.Joe was too small and has bad chin.
Wlad - Frazier, 80/20 Wlad win TKO or by UD (118-110).Smoking Joe also small
Wlad - Ali 55/45 Ali close UD or SD
Wlad - Foreman, 65/35 Klitscko by desicion.Wlad have better skills, jab, stamina.
Wlad - Holmes, 50/50.Larry faster but Wlad bigger and stronger
Wlad - Tyson 80/20 Tyson by TKO.Mike was smaller than Frazier and many Wlad's opponents but he was faster and powerfull fighter with good skills.Tyson's peek-a-boo style and good punch was a key.
Wlad - Lewis 80/20 Lennox by TKO/KO 3-4 rounds.LL too big and good fighter with rich arsenal.He go to destroy Wlad in early rounds.And in war survive most powerfull, fighter which has better chin.This is Lewis
Wlad - Bowe 50/50
Wlad - Holyfield 50/50

Vitaly - Louis, 80/20 Vitaly
Vitaly - Frazier, 80/20 Vitaly
Vitaly - Ali, 60/40 Ali UD in close fight.
Vitaly - Foreman 70/30 Vitaly
Vitaly - Holmes 50/50
Vitaly - Tyson 70/30 Mike by desicion
Vitally - Lewis 80/20 Lennox by TKO
Vitaly - Holyfield.60/40 Real Deal win by close UD
Vitally - Bowe. 50/50

blackbelt2003
People talk about fighters today being too big and too modern, but that doesn't work for me.

For a start, the 'too big' thing is blown out of the water by a fairly average 'small' guy like David Haye being so competitive with Klitschko. If he was able to take Klit to a competitive decision, what would an exceptional 'small' guy like Ali do?

Also consider that if Ali was around today he'd be a bit more than the 190-200lbs he weighed in his prime.

Also consider that it isn't lack of size that makes fighters struggle with the Klits...it's lack of REACH, and Ali had an 88inch reach, abnormally long for a guy 6'2", which would mean his jab would work whereas a guy like Eddie Chambers' jab wouldn't.

Secondly, 'modern' in my book means less technique and fitness. The old time guys fought so often, they obviously learned a lot more than the current crop and had a better fitness level over the distance, because they did it more. This isn't quite the case with heavyweights, as the big men even in the old days didn't fight much more than the modern crop, but it's something to consider.

And we can talk about modern fighters being fitter with modern training strategies...but how many current fighters can go 15 compared to the old guys? Not that many, that's for sure!

Black

riddick
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Sep 25 2011, 03:03 AM) *
and Ali had an 88inch reach, abnormally long for a guy 6'2",

wrong, Ali was 80 inches reach and 6'3 height
blackbelt2003
QUOTE (riddick @ Sep 25 2011, 09:07 AM) *
wrong, Ali was 80 inches reach and 6'3 height

I actually meant to type 78, I always thought it was 78inches, which is still pretty impressive, considering Wlad Klit is only 81inches.

Black
wolterb
heres my picks for wlad:

Wladimir V. 60's Ali - Decision Win for Wladimir
Ali relied on his footwork and circular movement - he would not have been nearly as effective against an opponent like Wlad who is savvy to cutting off the ring.. Plus, Wladimir is a great stalker- that'd work for him two ways. Ali wouldnt be able to land consistently (rely on points), and he'd likely find himself on the ropes

Even if Ali didn't dance circularly, and got in close to land combos, Wlad could clinch Ali before the exchange. Only way Ali wins this one in my eyes is if Wlad punches too much (like his fight w/ Ross Purrity) and loses steam. otherwise i don't see either man goin down.

Vladimir V. Frazier - Knockout Victory for Vladimir (watch klit v peter II)
this one is easy, specially with Frazier being blind in his left eye. i think joe gets dropped.

Wladimir V. Holmes - Decision Win for Larry
Wlad is most comfortable and confident when he and his opponents are stationary seems like. I also think Wlad's nightmare is a guy who can out-think or predict him. I see Holmes doin both, feeling comfortable stationary (a position that Wlad has been conditioned to feel relaxed in), and landin timed jabs. I'm sure if anything would make Wlad nervous in the ring is an opponent that can outland him in jabs
I think holmes would be susceptible to a knockdown in this fight, but he'd get up.

Wladimir V. Lennox Lewis - Possible Knockout, But Definte Victory for Lewis
This one is for the same reasons that Larry Holmes wins. Plus, Lewis has power and patience (which is what too few of the klit opponents show).
I would bet Lewis could knock his block off tho

Wladimir V. 70's Foreman - Decision or Knockout Win for Wladimir with a slim chance that Foreman would knock Wlad down
Unless Foreman is incredibly lucky and lands a hard hook square before he loses his steam...Wlad dominates. Foreman's most impressive knockouts were of boxers significantly smaller than him, and I believe the young Foreman thrived on the idea of him being the big guy. Plus, Foreman's chin probably couldnt hold up over 12 or 15. I know for damn sure Wlad hits harder than the 70's Ali who shook Foreman in the first rd of their fight

DavidA12
The Klitschko's would give any great heavy weight a run for there money and beat the vast majority of them.

The sheer size, physique, boxing ability and reach would overwhelm a lot of the previous greats. I couldnt even see Tyson getting inside Vitali's reach, probably quite easily get inside Wlad's.

I don't think any of the heavyweight greats apart from maybe Lewis or Holmes at the very peak of there career would be able to out think and out box the Klitschko's especially Vitali who is far and away the better of the 2.

It is just very unfortunate that these 2 have came into an era when the state of heavywieght boxing is in such a disarray.
wolterb
here are my picks for vitali:

VITALI V. LEWIS II - LEWIS BY DECISION
lennox out points vitali for the win. i based this on lewis's performance in the first bout, considering he was outta shape. for this rematch, lennox would be back in tip top shape. i think this'd be a great fight, with vitali bein competitive and scoring. in the end though, i'd say lewis woulda racked up more points. he could counter vitali, he could pot shot him and catch him off guard. lewis was able to handle vitali physically in their first bout. he was able to survive in the clinch without losin a ton of endurance in it. if lewis was on his a-game, he wins again.

VITALI V. HOLYFIELD - VITALI BY DECISION
if vitali had been knocked down or out more often, i would have to consider giving this to holyfield...but he hasn't. I see holyfield attacking vitali's body, probably effectively. but holyfield is often seen eatin jabs. he probably would here too, except vitali's jab is a lot more powerful, so we'd either see holyfield begin to hesitate, or he'd go more into the inside. if he goes to the inside, holyfield probably clinch (as he does often). vitali could easily tie holyfield up, or just push him. holyfield likes to throw punches in the clinch, and i'm sure he would. except, he'll be throwing short-short punches upwards...ineffective. its possible that holyfields body work could slow vitali up a bit, but i'd guess vitali could adjust and prevent holyfield from gettin into the inside

VITALI V. TYSON - DEPENDS*
I didn't at first believe this, but i've sort of come around to the idea that tyson could have knocked out vitali (or wlad). if tyson came out and effectively landed some nasty body shots within the first 4 rds I could see vitali becoming so overwhelmed he just starts stumblin all over the ring and gets knocked out. however, i do think it is possible vitali may have been able to assert distance between him and tyson...and he undoubtedly would manhandle tyson in a clinch. i say if they fought 3 times tyson wins by ko once, and the next two go to the cards and vitali gets it

VITALI V. HOLMES - HOLMES BY DECISION
i think holmes woulda outpointed vitali for many of the same reasons i listed for the wlad v.holmes scenario. i think it would be a close fight, but ultimately larry woulda got the decision.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (rocky007 @ Sep 25 2011, 01:39 AM) *
A lot of people need to wake up and stop giving far too much credit to the likes of Ali etc. Those boxers were just over 200lbs and tiny by todays standards. Vitali would have beat anyone! Not to say there would have been some great battles but I can not see them handling his size, power, ability to box from outside (I just watched again Bowe vs Holyfield 3 - how they just were inches apart slugging with each other close body/head shots - that would never happen with Vitali - he would be smart to box from outside unless he was forced to go to war and he can with his granite chin).

Do not forget Vitali was also a kickboxing champion before boxing so very much a natural born fighter with both very effective technique and extraordinary physical make up. He has never been knocked down to the canvas! All those boxers above have or have been TKO/KO'd! He has never been behind on a fight in points! To talk about Byrd is silly - he killed him every round and was forced to stop as he is a smart man (PhD, unlike many boxing fools) - sure he could have carried on but he realised possible implications he could have ending his boxing career with a permanent damage not because if some retarded 'hard man image' he was trying to prove - smart move as he was able to box on in the future. As his little brother easily cleaned up Byrd. The fight should simply have been caused a no contest.

As for Lewis, that was a good battle for Vitali but one he was clearly winning and was well ahead winning 4 of the 6 rounds! He was clearly throwing Lewis around. Do not forget Vitali was still maturing into his potential prime and also took the fight on short notice! The fight was clearly stopped due to a nasty deep cut above the eye (caused due to Lewis inside glove scraping across Vitali's face) and Vitali was devastated when stopped as he knew he was winning. Look at Lewis face when they announce was stopped and he looks massively relieved! Why did the crowed boo so much, interviewers gave Lewis such a hard time and demanded he promised a rematch for the fans. Again the fight should have been ruled a no contest and a rematch should have been granted. Why do you think Lewis would not give rematch despite the financial size of the fight!?! Why would a great hall of famer who knew he would be questioned over controversy for rest of his life leave that way other than a clear convincing win??!?? Simple fact is he knew his time was up and Vitali would have beaten him. Unfortunately, longer Vitali continues his dominance that he has since Lewis retired, worst it looks for Lewis.

In my view Vitali is the best money to put on beating any other Heavyweight boxer in history!

The biggest thing you are forgetting is competition! I do not give a shit how many subpar heavies these Klits have beat, at the end of the day they suck. It would be different if they fought some quality heavies of the 80's or 90's.

And sure Vitali is good and his style works for him in these days. But I guarantee you that hands down at your waist shit would NEVER work against a FAST SKILLED fighter like a prime Lewis, Bowe, Tyson, Holyfield, Ruddock, Holmes, etc. Did you watch Sanders war with Vitali? I saw Vitali buckled and hit a lot in that fight. And you are going to tell me a chubby old out of shape Sanders could hit up Vitali, but other great heavies would not? Get the fvck out of here.

And you use a clearly out of shape unmotivated Lewis in his last fight as an example how Vitali handled him. That fight meant nothing. Shit Willy Wise beat the great Chavez, and guess what, it means nothing.

EHonda
Holyfield - kos Wlad, ud 12 Vitali. Unlike the heavys of today, Holy would slip their jab and unload with combos. That 19 punch barrage he hit Foreman with would have Wlad on queer st by the 3rd or 4th shot. Same scenario with Vitali, except Vitali would come to fight. Neither brother has ever fought someone as willing to walk through hell to win as Holy, so it would really be about how Vitali responds when his opponent doesn't just give up after 6 rounds.

Tyson - ko1 Wlad, pick em w/ Vitali. Wlad would be shitting himself before the fight even started. It would be like the Bruce Seldon fight. Vitali has the chin to withstand the early Tyson rush and could use a lot of clinching to make a close nasty fight.

Both brothers eventually KO Frazier. It would look just like the Foreman fight unfortunately.

Foreman destroys Wlad. Early KO. I think a fight with Vitali would be an all out war. Pick em. Last man standing. From his performance in the Lewis loss, Vitali has the balls to keep going even when his face has been turned into a vagina and Foreman gassed in one of his biggest fights......so a Vitali late KO or UD wouldn't be out of the question.
blackbelt2003
Remember that Ernie Terrell was 6'6" with an 82inch reach...that's roughly the same as Wlad.

Terrell was also a smart, clever boxer (albeit without Wlad's power).

Who's to say Terrell wouldn't be dominant if he were around today fighting the likes of Sam Peter, Eddie Chambers and Ray Austin?

Yet Ali manhandled him like a plaything, which means size and skills don't necessarily mean an automatic win over an ATG.

Black
STEVENSKI
I think both brothers could hang with any heavyweight in history. Not saying they would win or lose I just think that they would be competitive across the board & great fighters fighting great fighters means people will lose.

Out of the two Wlad is a superior boxer but Vitali is the better fighter & would handle the different styles & abilities of the greats better than Wlad. I do think that Wlad when he won would look better doing so due to his skill but say match up Foreman with the brothers & I think he destroys Wlad inside 4 or loses a lopsided decision whereas Vitali would fight it out & say what you like but Vitali is tough as minute steak cooked for a month.

Just my opinion & like our stink hole we all have one.
blackbelt2003
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 29 2011, 11:55 AM) *
say what you like but Vitali is tough as minute steak cooked for a month.

Except when he's fighting Chris Byrd with a poorly ickle shoulder.

Black
Fitz
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 29 2011, 08:55 PM) *
I think both brothers could hang with any heavyweight in history. Not saying they would win or lose I just think that they would be competitive across the board & great fighters fighting great fighters means people will lose.

Out of the two Wlad is a superior boxer but Vitali is the better fighter & would handle the different styles & abilities of the greats better than Wlad. I do think that Wlad when he won would look better doing so due to his skill but say match up Foreman with the brothers & I think he destroys Wlad inside 4 or loses a lopsided decision whereas Vitali would fight it out & say what you like but Vitali is tough as minute steak cooked for a month.

Good post and agreed. I always felt Wlad is a superior boxer, and Vitali a tougher and all round better fighter. Vitali matches up better against more fighters IMO.
wolterb
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 29 2011, 06:55 AM) *

yea man thats fair thats fair. ultimately thats how i feel.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Sep 29 2011, 09:33 PM) *
Except when he's fighting Chris Byrd with a poorly ickle shoulder.

Black

As a fighter you know when you have sustained a injury Black. Vitali knew how bad the injury was & was smart enough to know he should not continue. He was still fighting hard against Lewis when he had the grand canyon gushing blood & wanted to continue. The dude is tough.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.