Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.3 Million PPV Buys for Mayweather-Ortiz
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
jlupi
Truly amazing. Unfortunately people will still find ways to hate on this.>>>

disappointing #s. Im disappointed that any of these not so exceptional matchups are even on PPV. manny/mayweather I just wish nobody bought the non special fights so that the special ones would be made.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 27 2011, 12:06 PM) *
Who the fuck is hating on these numbers dipshit? Find the post in this thread where someone said 1.3 million is disappointing. Someone might have said the fight sucked. Someone might have said they knew the fight was gonna suck. But I don't believe anybody was shitting on the numbers.

Krack you're my boy from way back here I was just throwing your quote up with this one to make a point. Nobody is hating on PBF. Get that fucking chip off your shoulder. You fucking hypocrites bitch and moan like a bunch of women about how nobody loves your hero, then in the same sentence talk a gang of shit about Pac. You're the haters, which is cool, if you want to own it. Hating is an art held in high regard around here. Have some fun with it. But quit with this pot calling the kettle black shit.

Man up bitches!

laugh.gif There seems to be a lot of emotion and estrogen behind this post.

I did not mention you or Pac. I stated that the #'s are good for boxing. I stated that I don't see how anyone can hate on this because Floyd gets hated on for everything he does. If Manny's fights make that much or more it's still good for boxing no one is saying otherwise.

YOU are raging on an internet forum defending Manny Pac when no one even mentioned him.

You are a dickriding phaggot.

I am not "your boy from way back" because you and me are not the same.

Good day sir.

caneman
Where did slim those things? Wow lmfao
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Sep 27 2011, 11:31 AM) *

I did not mention you or Pac. I stated that the #'s are good for boxing. I stated that I don't see how anyone can hate on this because Floyd gets hated on for everything he does. If Manny's fights make that much or more it's still good for boxing no one is saying otherwise.

YOU are raging on an internet forum defending Manny Pac when no one even mentioned him.

Good day sir.

I must have had you confused then with the KookedKrack I once nominated for the now defunct team fighthype. The KookedKrack with the Jimi Hendrix avatar. The KookedKrack who rode on that gaycock pontoon til it sank like a stone. The KookedKrack who knew shit about boxing.

Maybe you've been gone from these boards for a bit and have returned to find it's kinda anything goes these days and you're trying to figure out what the fuck is going on with everybody. There's a assload of hating and an assload of nuthugging - some of it for real and some of it for fun. You've got threads with genuine discussions going on and threads with nothing but pages and pages of spam, and some of these posts are coming from some of the best and longest reigning posters here.

Where was I defending Manny Pac in my post? I was pointing out to Sicko like I did to ChadWhoeverTheFuckCares that some of you cats constantly crying about the lack of respect Floyd gets are guilty of the same thing with Manny. It's hypocrisy, the kind you tend to see from women who don't have the ability to separate their beliefs from their emotions. And I was definitely not 'raging' I was having a little fun with the rant but maybe some of that got lost in the writing. Sorry if you feel like I was personally attacking your post in an antagonistic way. I wasn't. You didn't mention Pacquaio but the other two guys I quoted did.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 27 2011, 02:45 PM) *
I must have had you confused then with the KookedKrack I once nominated for the now defunct team fighthype. The KookedKrack with the Jimi Hendrix avatar. The KookedKrack who rode on that gaycock pontoon til it sank like a stone. The KookedKrack who knew shit about boxing.

Maybe you've been gone from these boards for a bit and have returned to find it's kinda anything goes these days and you're trying to figure out what the fuck is going on with everybody. There's a assload of hating and an assload of nuthugging - some of it for real and some of it for fun. You've got threads with genuine discussions going on and threads with nothing but pages and pages of spam, and some of these posts are coming from some of the best and longest reigning posters here.

Where was I defending Manny Pac in my post? I was pointing out to Sicko like I did to ChadWhoeverTheFuckCares that some of you cats constantly crying about the lack of respect Floyd gets are guilty of the same thing with Manny. It's hypocrisy, the kind you tend to see from women who don't have the ability to separate their beliefs from their emotions. And I was definitely not 'raging' I was having a little fun with the rant but maybe some of that got lost in the writing. Sorry if you feel like I was personally attacking your post in an antagonistic way. I wasn't. You didn't mention Pacquaio but the other two guys I quoted did.

The Pontoon was a classic vehicle of hate fueled by the actions of Manny Pac that we did not agree with and his retarded fans. If you do remember my post on here you would see I also gave Floyd sh*t for fighting Baldomir and not Margarito at the time. I would say that I'm an okay poster here which is why I didn't like the way you came at me like I was cheer-leading for Floyd, you should know better than that. Do I like Floyd as a fighter? Absolutely. Do I dick ride him or any other fighter? Nope. I would say I have above average boxing knowledge but there are dudes on here way more knowledgeable than me when it comes to boxing which is why I have always liked posting here.

I do agree with you though on the spam and trolling that has recently took over the website but the way I see it if good posters continue to post here and ignore the bs it will sort itself out. Your post came off very antagonistic for no reason, my first reaction was "wtf?". Maybe you are just on edge from all the trolls, whatever it's water under the bridge.

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Sep 27 2011, 04:17 PM) *
The Pontoon was a classic vehicle of hate fueled by the actions of Manny Pac that we did not agree with and his retarded fans. If you do remember my post on here you would see I also gave Floyd sh*t for fighting Baldomir and not Margarito at the time. I would say that I'm an okay poster here which is why I didn't like the way you came at me like I was cheer-leading for Floyd, you should know better than that. Do I like Floyd as a fighter? Absolutely. Do I dick ride him or any other fighter? Nope. I would say I have above average boxing knowledge but there are dudes on here way more knowledgeable than me when it comes to boxing which is why I have always liked posting here.

I do agree with you though on the spam and trolling that has recently took over the website but the way I see it if good posters continue to post here and ignore the bs it will sort itself out. Your post came off very antagonistic for no reason, my first reaction was "wtf?". Maybe you are just on edge from all the trolls, whatever it's water under the bridge.

Yeah, my fault man. My post did come off kinda harsh looking back. I always liked you as a poster Krack, you're funny and call things pretty straight, and nah I don't think I've ever seen you dick ride PBF or any other fighter. Honestly I was only including your post to make the point that nobody was hating on PBF doing big numbers, and just tossing out some curse words for effect more than anything. The day I seriously catch feelings from a message board is the day I walk away for good.

Those other two cats might be decent posters too for all I know, but they haven't been around long enough or posted enough for me to distinguish whether they're legit or just a couple of trolls that came rumbling through here after Hype had his after dark series. Sicko put "1.3 million in PPV is disappointing?!?" in quotations like someone in this thread had actually said it. That was where my chip on the shoulder comment came from. Everyone here was pretty much giving Floyd his props for those numbers.

The pontoon was, despite its abysmal failure, most definitely a classic hate vehicle, and I for one believe we still have some unfinished business there somewhere down the line. Which is pretty much exactly the kind of thing I was referring to when I said 'if you hate, it's cool, just own it and have fun with it.'
Fitz
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 28 2011, 02:06 AM) *
Who the fuck is hating on these numbers dipshit? Find the post in this thread where someone said 1.3 million is disappointing. Someone might have said the fight sucked. Someone might have said they knew the fight was gonna suck. But I don't believe anybody was shitting on the numbers.

Krack you're my boy from way back here I was just throwing your quote up with this one to make a point. Nobody is hating on PBF. Get that fucking chip off your shoulder. You fucking hypocrites bitch and moan like a bunch of women about how nobody loves your hero, then in the same sentence talk a gang of shit about Pac. You're the haters, which is cool, if you want to own it. Hating is an art held in high regard around here. Have some fun with it. But quit with this pot calling the kettle black shit.

Man up bitches!

STEVENSKI
These clowns have no idea on haterizing. CEO & I would eat em for breakfast in a heartbeat whilst having a laugh.

Hating ain't no part time job & these kids are working the grill at Burger King part time whilst CEO & I turned out gourmet 3 star hate.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 28 2011, 11:21 AM) *
The pontoon was, despite its abysmal failure, most definitely a classic homosexual vehicle of ridicule, and I for one believe we still have some unfinished business there somewhere down the line.

Done, fixed. No need to thank me.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 27 2011, 05:45 PM) *

laugh.gif

Maybe I should start opening my more aggressive posts with, 'Hey yo' and calling these newbies 'Chico'.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Sep 27 2011, 08:10 PM) *
Done, fixed. No need to thank me.

Thanks all the same O-Dawg. I welcome the day the pontoon floats again.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 28 2011, 02:15 PM) *
Thanks all the same O-Dawg. I welcome the day the pontoon floats again.

C'mon Slim that's like beating up one of Jerry's kids laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 27 2011, 01:28 AM) *
yea i hear plenty of people that say the only ppv fight they will buy is floyd/manny or they won't buy another floyd or manny ppv until they fight each other.

im pretty sure that ppv would pass floyd/oscar.

Yeah right! They said that same shit after Mayweather/Mosley! laugh.gif What happened after that? You heard those same people complaining about the aftermath of Mayweather/Ortiz. You can hear it in their voices/posts that they ORDERED the fight laugh.gif Man I tell ya...fight build-ups get the best of us all at some point, but for those that dont dont know any better, they will keep ordering and complaining afterwards.

Good post man! Look out for the retards that make that grand statement about what they wont order, then watch how fast they do it on fight night.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 28 2011, 11:14 AM) *
laugh.gif

Maybe I should start opening my more aggressive posts with, 'Hey yo' and calling these newbies 'Chico'.

You would be better served by opening all statements with "Hey Yo it's Miller time" as that is far more current in the world of Scott Hall.
Cshel86
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 27 2011, 09:55 PM) *
You would be better served by opening all statements with "Hey Yo it's Miller time" as that is far more current in the world of Scott Hall.

Spyder
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Sep 27 2011, 12:31 PM) *

Good day sir.

Hotsauce
the finals numbers should be out by now
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 27 2011, 08:55 PM) *

As my avatar clearly reflects.
Hotsauce
I'm hearing some interesting theories as to why the numbers have not been released. Lets put it that way

this is what steve kim said on twitter
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Sep 28 2011, 02:20 PM) *
As my avatar clearly reflects.

Well he's not known as "Last call" Scott Hall for nothing.
blackbelt2003
Personally, I think the PPV deserves to do well.

Mayweather promoted it brilliantly, it was a solid undercard, and the actual fights all turned out to be entertaining. In fact, May-Ortiz was far more entertaining than I anticipated, and I for one enjoyed the whole show....now THAT is something I don't often say with a Mayweather fight.

Black
thehype
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 27 2011, 11:33 PM) *
the finals numbers should be out by now

Why? Aren't we still waiting on the final numbers for Pacquiao vs. Mosley?
Cshel86
QUOTE (thehype @ Sep 28 2011, 10:21 AM) *

Lmao! Its true that it does take a while for those numbers to surface. As far as the Pacquiao/Mosley numbers are concerned...we may never know.
duwdu
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Sep 26 2011, 11:48 AM) *
I'm really starting to think Arum is the real reason why the fight hasn't happened yet.

I'm one of those who've long propounded then believed this. Welcome to the fold.

P34c3
torvix3000
Why would they release the final numbers for Pac vs Mosley... when Arum's scamming Pac with regards to PPV. Pacquiao doesn't need to know.
Cshel86
QUOTE (torvix3000 @ Sep 28 2011, 11:14 AM) *
Why would they release the final numbers for Pac vs Mosley... when Arum's scamming Pac with regards to PPV. Pacquiao doesn't need to know.

...and his best bet is to never know.
Deevel79
QUOTE (thehype @ Sep 28 2011, 10:21 AM) *

Haha... What's a matter? Feel like you jumped the gun a bit and are now trying to deflect it towards Pac/Mosley? When it was reported on MONDAY that Floyd/Ortiz did 1.3mil, nobody was talking about Pac's #'s against Mosley. Now that it seems the fight's #'s didnt meet expectations, all of a sudden...."But where's the Pac/Mosley #'s" LOL. Go scratch your vagina.
caneman
QUOTE (Deevel79 @ Sep 29 2011, 09:07 AM) *
Haha... What's a matter? Feel like you jumped the gun a bit and are now trying to deflect it towards Pac/Mosley? When it was reported on MONDAY that Floyd/Ortiz did 1.3mil, nobody was talking about Pac's #'s against Mosley. Now that it seems the fight's #'s didnt meet expectations, all of a sudden...."But where's the Pac/Mosley #'s" LOL. Go scratch your vagina.

You could have made your point without saying that shit man!!! WTF?
thehype
QUOTE (Deevel79 @ Sep 29 2011, 10:07 AM) *

LOL. Not really. Just replying to someone who feels as though they understand the process of number counting.

I agree with caneman though...that's not exactly the best way to speak to the person with the keys to the entire kingdom.

laugh.gif
ks1

Haha indeed. The initial 1.3mil number was reported on several websites. It's funny that you're implying that since there hasn't been anything else said a few days later that means something. Do you have any actual evidence that the fight #'s didn't meet that or are you just hoping and clowning? Probably the latter.

Anyway, the point being made was why are some folks asking for relatively "instant" confirmation of the initial numbers when, as Hype pointed out, we never got confirmation of numbers that were announced for a fight that took place months ago and nobody seemed to have a problem with that.
Cshel86

Out of all the members on the board, you choose to exhibit idiocy at it's highest level towards the guy who owns the site and gets info before anyone else on here. Shows how much you pay attention to detail, but oh yeah, that's right, details dont matter...its all about who blurts out foolishness the fastest, huh? Oh yeah...you started the second sentence of your foolishness with "What a matter?"...it's "What's the matter?'. I would much rather listen to someone who speaks a foreign language that I cant understand, than to read the mumbo jumbo of someone who's been living here his whole life and still speaks/writes like a toddler.

There you go people...this guy is an idiot, and we STILL dont know the Pacquiao/Mosley numbers. Where did we get with your contribution? Exactly...nowhere at all...we just got sucked into a deeper realm of your idiocy, with no known or credible results.

Pick up one of these...

...and stop writing in these...
Method
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 29 2011, 01:06 PM) *
There you go people...this guy is an idiot, and we STILL dont know the Pacquiao/Mosley numbers. Where did we get with your contribution? Exactly...nowhere at all...we just got sucked into a deeper realm of your idiocy, with no known or credible results.

Careful, bro. He'll complain to Jack and then weird things will start happening to your account.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 29 2011, 01:16 PM) *
Careful, bro. He'll complain to Jack and then weird things will start happening to your account.

Lol, Im done with him, I just had to get that out. Im almost curious as to how his argument will begin...

Member complaint message:

Hello Jack, I was on a thread earlier and I told this guy named TheHype to go scratch his vagina because he didn't know what he was talking about. Then this guy named Cshel86 just came out of nowhere and called me out. If you cant do anything about this, then I will have to take this up directly with the owner of the website.

Thank you and please write back
duwdu
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 29 2011, 12:31 PM) *
Lol, Im done with him, I just had to get that out. Im almost curious as to how his argument will begin...

Member complaint message:

Hello Jack, I was on a thread earlier and I told this guy named TheHype to go scratch his vagina because he didn't know what he was talking about. Then this guy named Cshel86 just came out of nowhere and called me out. If you cant do anything about this, then I will have to take this up directly with the owner of the website.

Thank you and please write back

The fellow has not made a sound with his keyboard since...it's either he/she has given up, is in an off line situation, or waiting to have this kind draft of yours. laugh.gif

P34c3
Deevel79
[quote name='cshel86' post='539467' date='Sep 29 2011, 01:06 PM']

Out of all the members on the board, you choose to exhibit idiocy at it's highest level towards the guy who owns the site and gets info before anyone else on here. Shows how much you pay attention to detail, but oh yeah, that's right, details dont matter...its all about who blurts out foolishness the fastest, huh? Oh yeah...you started the second sentence of your foolishness with "What a matter?"...it's "What's the matter?'. I would much rather listen to someone who speaks a foreign language that I cant understand, than to read the mumbo jumbo of someone who's been living here his whole life and still speaks/writes like a toddler.

Pick up one of these...

...and stop writing in these...

Method
QUOTE (Deevel79 @ Sep 29 2011, 02:40 PM) *
Rumor is the #'s did far less than anticipated.

Just point me in the direction of the rumor. I'd love to see it first hand.
Deevel79
More spin! haha. I hit a nerve and now you have no other response but to attack a spelling error I made as if this were a grammar forum, and like his partner, bring up the Pac/Mosley #'s.

Just admit that BT jumped the gun when he reported the 1.3m figure, and although it has now been 12 days since the bout, no official # has been released from HBO. Rumor is the #'s did far less than anticipated.
caneman
QUOTE (Deevel79 @ Sep 29 2011, 01:48 PM) *
More spin! haha. I hit a nerve and now you have no other response but to attack a spelling error I made as if this were a grammar forum, and like his partner, bring up the Pac/Mosley #'s.

Just admit that BT jumped the gun when he reported the 1.3m figure, and although it has now been 12 days since the bout, no official # has been released from HBO. Rumor is the #'s did far less than anticipated.

Where is that source/rumor from? I mean I would not be surprised either way but bottom line is there is no need to say what you did in your last post...backing up your post would be a much better of handling it! Don't you think?
Deevel79
Steve Kim of Maxboxing: "I'm hearing some interesting theories as to why the numbers havent been released yet. Lets put it that way"
caneman
QUOTE (Deevel79 @ Sep 29 2011, 02:07 PM) *
Steve Kim of Maxboxing: "I'm hearing some interesting theories as to why the numbers havent been released yet. Lets put it that way"

Now that is better than the last post man.
Deevel79
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 29 2011, 03:23 PM) *
Now that is better than the last post man.

LOL. You're a sensitive dude! Haha.
caneman
QUOTE (Deevel79 @ Sep 29 2011, 02:32 PM) *
LOL. You're a sensitive dude! Haha.

Not sure how you figure that man...but whatever you say! rolleyes_anim.gif I could care less about you really or what you have to say but backing your shit up like you just did is a lot better than you 1st post on this subject! Too funny!!!!
ks1
QUOTE (Deevel79 @ Sep 29 2011, 03:07 PM) *

So, in other words, you don't have any actual evidence that the reporting here and elsewhere about the initial 1.3mil is incorrect. You just have a quote from somebody at MaxBoxing who's "hearing some intresting theories...." and are interpreting that to suit your agenda and pretending that there's been some sort of inordinate delay in releasing the finals total despite being given an example of a delay in reporting that's lasted for months. You have to come up with something better than that. Fail.
caneman
QUOTE (ks1 @ Sep 29 2011, 02:49 PM) *
So, in other words, you don't have any actual evidence that the reporting here and elsewhere about the initial 1.3mil is incorrect. You just have a quote from somebody at MaxBoxing who's "hearing some intresting theories...." and are interpreting that to suit your agenda and pretending that there's been some sort of inordinate delay in releasing the finals total despite being given an example of a delay in reporting that's lasted for months. You have to come up with something better than that. Fail.

IMO there's no evidence either way @ this point! No?
TheFonz
Honsestly, at $70 and in a bad economy it wouldn't surprise me if the numbers are in the same level as past PPV.
Deevel79
QUOTE (ks1 @ Sep 29 2011, 03:49 PM) *

Never said I had actual evidence. If you go back and read what I initially wrote, I said "rumor is". I have about as much evidence as B. Thompson has with his rumor from sources that the fight did 1.3mil.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Deevel79 @ Sep 29 2011, 02:48 PM) *

I was just referring to the way you ended that post, which was very unnecessary. Im just a stickler for spelling/grammar errors when one attempts to insult another...in this case, you did (or attempted to). Other than that, PPV numbers dont always come back as quick as we expect them, but that's not a clear indicator that the fight didn't sell well. Im over it now, no big deal.
ks1
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 29 2011, 03:52 PM) *
IMO there's no evidence either way @ this point! No?

Well not until HBO makes an official announcement but the pattern here is common and well established. Reporters usually get an idea of what the numbers are from their sources shortly after the fight and the official announcement comes later. I guess it could happen but have you ever heard of that figure being revised downward? I haven't.
Method
QUOTE (ks1 @ Sep 29 2011, 04:12 PM) *
I guess it could happen but have you ever heard of that figure being revised downward? I haven't.

Nope. Never.
Deevel79
2 weeks later and till no confirmation on the ppv buy #'s. dntknw.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.