Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.3 Million PPV Buys for Mayweather-Ortiz
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
thehype
Before anyone starts a thread with a link to some other website, I figured I'd get things going.

It looks like Mayweather-Ortiz is going to do at least 1.3 million PPV buys:

MAYWEATHER VS. ORTIZ DOES AT LEAST 1.3 MILLION PPV BUYS

Although final numbers have yet to be tallied, sources close to the information have informed us that last Saturday's clash between undefeated pound-for-pound champion Floyd Mayweather and former WBC welterweight champion Victor Ortiz is expected to do a minimum of 1.3 million pay-per-view buys. Keep in mind that the price of the pay-per-view event was $59.99 for standard definition and $69.99 for high definition, so with an already guaranteed purse of $25 million, and considering that over 50% of households in the United States own HD TVs, Mayweather has likely earned a minimum of $40 million for his 4th round knockout victory.

read more

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content10854.html

Hotsauce
i already knew that this fight was going to over a mill
Cshel86
Those are pretty good numbers for Ortiz being a dancing partner, and that was his first time on a PPV main event.
PColeman28
That's a lot of ppv money
ChadSaysTakeTheTest
Truly amazing. Unfortunately people will still find ways to hate on this.
Allmenjoi8
wow. pretty good. how much did Pac and Mosely do? well we will see who comes out on top in a few months. congrats to may and ortiz.
Cshel86
I recorded the replay of Mayweather/Ortiz and I just watched it...simply amazing! I cant remember who mentioned this in the Mayweather/Ortiz thread, but it was great how they added the weigh-in footage and their arrivals to the MGM! There's no doubt in my mind that somebody at HBO just got a promotion behind this idea.
Allmenjoi8
The replay of the fight was great. I found it interesting how Ortiz said that he did not lose his mind. I loved how they interview the guy from the Nevada Boxing Commission and said what May did was legal. I also notice the one guy in Ortiz's camp was pissed off because he did not fight back and when Ortiz blamed his loss on the ref "Don't blame me bro blame the ref" I was a little stunned at that statement.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 25 2011, 09:58 PM) *
The replay of the fight was great. I found it interesting how Ortiz said that he did not lose his mind. I loved how they interview the guy from the Nevada Boxing Commission and said what May did was legal. I also notice the one guy in Ortiz's camp was pissed off because he did not fight back and when Ortiz blamed his loss on the ref "Don't blame me bro blame the ref" I was a little stunned at that statement.

I agree. Im glad that some of the curiosity was rectified during the extra footage. They should do this after every fight, Im not against knowing whats on the fighters minds DIRECTLY after the fight in their locker rooms, instead of waiting a couple of days.
ChadSaysTakeTheTest
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 25 2011, 06:41 PM) *
wow. pretty good. how much did Pac and Mosely do? well we will see who comes out on top in a few months. congrats to may and ortiz.

Bob Arum said they did 1.3m. I personally don't believe this because the official numbers were never released. Wonder why...
Jack 1000
This is an excellent buy-rate.

I honestly think that Mayweather generates that kind of buy rate because so many people are waiting to see him lose. Even though Floyd has established himself as one of the best P4P boxers in the world, with Manny and he debating number one and number two positions around the world. Also Floyd is a great marketing strategist. When he had that wrestling gig where he and Big Show "Went at it." What boxing match was that just before? I can't remember now. Was it before the Marquez fight?

Anyway, that kind of marketing strategy set forth a PR campaign to get people interesting in boxing, who may not have otherwise been interested in boxing. (The Wrestling crowd.) And despite so many people hating on Floyd, the general perception and hating of Floyd drives tickets. I think there has to be a strong influence here, because you have to consider that it wasn't Delahoya in the other corner, or Pacquiao, it was Victor Ortiz. And no disrespect to Victor, but aside from HBO subscribers who saw his FOTY with Berto, a limited opponent, this shows that Floyd can do well without a huge superstar in the other corner.

I am also interested in finding out how the resurrecting of closed-circuit TV, now at about $15-20 a ticket, how much of that 1.3 million was taken in from the theater broadcast? We have had Floyd and Manny fights on closed-circuit system for a couple of years now, in addition to the PPV.

The winning and the hating are combining themselves to create massive amounts of money for "Money Mayweather."

Jack
Hotsauce
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 25 2011, 08:35 PM) *
Those are pretty good numbers for Ortiz being a dancing partner, and that was his first time on a PPV main event.

24/7
Prov0
QUOTE (ChadSaysTakeTheTest @ Sep 25 2011, 10:19 PM) *
Bob Arum said they did 1.3m. I personally don't believe this because the official numbers were never released. Wonder why...

yeah i seen 1.3 for that but it was never official.
1.1 mill for margarito
700,000 vs Clottey.

Floyd vs Shane 1.4

anyone kno what Floyd vs JMM was?
PullCounter
QUOTE (Prov0 @ Sep 26 2011, 02:08 AM) *
yeah i seen 1.3 for that but it was never official.
1.1 mill for margarito
700,000 vs Clottey.

Floyd vs Shane 1.4

anyone kno what Floyd vs JMM was?

1 million
blackbelt2003
Say what you want about Floyd, but he's made himself into the money generating machine he is today, credit to him in that respect.

I must admit, in the run up to May-Ortiz it felt like 'must see TV' for a boxing fan. And since Ortiz was a relative nobody coming in, that was all down to Mayweather.

Black
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Sep 26 2011, 04:59 PM) *
I must admit, in the run up to May-Ortiz it felt like 'must see TV' for a boxing fan.

I don't buy that Black. I am a boxing fan but I won't waste time nor money on junk. That is exactly what this event was & I had a far more fruitful afternoon shopping.

Maybe you meant that for the average sports fan it may have been must see TV?
leonthegee
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 26 2011, 02:27 AM) *
I don't buy that Black. I am a boxing fan but I won't waste time nor money on junk. That is exactly what this event was & I had a far more fruitful afternoon shopping.

Maybe you meant that for the average sports fan it may have been must see TV?

Thats a freakin surprize. You gonna buy.Marquez v Pacquiao?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Sep 26 2011, 08:27 PM) *
Thats a freakin surprize. You gonna buy.Marquez v Pacquiao?

Fuck no. Why would I waste my money on that junk? There are some fights I will go out of my way to watch & accordingly plan my day around them. Neither fight is one worth wasting any time on let alone money.

I don't begrudge Mayweather doing 1.3 I just think that there are 1,300,000 fools out there happy to throw money away & I am not one of them.
TheFonz
There are A LOT of people that are mad that they wasted there money on that PPV.
sduck
Apparently the numbers go like this

Mayweather vs DLH - 2.4 Million 5/5/2007
Mayweather vs Hatton - 915k 12/8/2007
Mayweather vs Marquez - 1.05 Million 9/19/2009
Mayweather vs Mosley - 1.4 Million 5/1/2010
Mayweather vs Ortiz - At Least 1.3 Million 9/17/2011

Pacquiao vs DLH - 1.25 Million 12/6/2008
Pacquiao vs Hatton - 850k 5/2/2009
Pacquiao vs Cotto - 1.25 Million 11/14/2009
Pacquiao vs Clottey - 700k 03/13/2010
Pacquiao vs Margarito - 1.15 Million 11/13/2010
Pacquiao vs Mosley - 1.3 Million 05/7/2011

What Black said was right that it was an impressive feat for FMJ, but you can also question that a bit considering the undercards and this was also apparently Floyd's most advertized fight in his career.
Pacquiao did beat Mayweather once, in the 2009 showdowns when he faced Cotto, and Mayweather faced Marquez. I can't wait to see the numbers Pacquiao vs Marquez III will do. I think it might do better.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 26 2011, 01:15 AM) *
24/7

Absolutely! This is one of the most promising ways for Floyd to attract viewers/potential buyers. He doesn't have that "one-punch KO" appeal that Tyson had, or that "superstar appeal and fan base" like Oscar, so he uses 24/7 as a vehicle to build his fan base.

QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Sep 26 2011, 02:59 AM) *
Say what you want about Floyd, but he's made himself into the money generating machine he is today, credit to him in that respect.

I must admit, in the run up to May-Ortiz it felt like 'must see TV' for a boxing fan. And since Ortiz was a relative nobody coming in, that was all down to Mayweather.

Black

It was obviously "must see TV" for quite a few people, because people would come to me talking about it. They could barely remember Floyd's name at times, as well as Ortiz's, but they got what they wanted out of the show. They got see Floyd be Floyd, a bunch of money, some controversy, and of course, Ms. Jackson (I was breathless when I saw her at the end of the replay, smh). I was also somewhat surprised at how many casual fans were having fight parties and going to bars to watch the fight.

QUOTE (TheFonz @ Sep 26 2011, 08:22 AM) *
There are A LOT of people that are mad that they wasted there money on that PPV.

Gotta blame that on "Razor-Head" for that stunt he pulled in the 4th round, which led to controversial ending. You see why they say that some fighters aren't ready for the big stage?
HazConvictedFelonMane
Nice. What else can I say.
TheFonz
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 26 2011, 08:37 AM) *
Gotta blame that on "Razor-Head" for that stunt he pulled in the 4th round, which led to controversial ending. You see why they say that some fighters aren't ready for the big stage?

Be that as it may, it doesn't change the fact that people are pissed and Floyd's name is attached to it. I bet the casual fans whom are responsible for that number blame Floyd just as much as Vic.
BoxingEinstein

Truly sensational marketing genius from Floyd. They say he is the one that created 24/7 and even if other fighters do 24/7 without him he still gets paid. This man is a genius in the squared circle and as a businessman outside of it, truly remarkable. I wished Pacman would get another promoter or start his promotional stable because Arum is short changing him, just like he did Floyd when he was with Arum back in the early 2000's. I think the whole fight card was great and I was satisfied as a boxing fan it's just for some people nothing will ever satisfy them when it comes to Mayweather.

I do agree that JMM-Pacquiao will do more than Mayweather vs Ortiz, they did a world tour to hype it and they are doing 24/7 also. JMM is more popular than Ortiz obviously and their fights are well documented, boxing classics and renown. I see their fight selling 1.4 million ppv buys but then again after that Mosley fight people felt hoodwinked, so we'll see.
Cshel86
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Sep 26 2011, 10:18 AM) *
Be that as it may, it doesn't change the fact that people are pissed and Floyd's name is attached to it. I bet the casual fans whom are responsible for that number blame Floyd just as much as Vic.

Whats new? People are still pissed at Floyd about a lot of other things, if anything, its helping him. No matter how much of an asshole he comes off as, he still makes sure the attention is on him at all times. 1.3M people obviously didn't care, and Im sure that all past grudges will be long forgot about, if a Pacquiao fight is announced in the next few months.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Sep 26 2011, 09:21 AM) *
Truly sensational marketing genius from Floyd. They say he is the one that created 24/7 and even if other fighters do 24/7 without him he still gets paid. This man is a genius in the squared circle and as a businessman outside of it, truly remarkable. I wished Pacman would get another promoter or start his promotional stable because Arum is short changing him, just like he did Floyd when he was with Arum back in the early 2000's. I think the whole fight card was great and I was satisfied as a boxing fan it's just for some people nothing will ever satisfy them when it comes to Mayweather.

I do agree that JMM-Pacquiao will do more than Mayweather vs Ortiz, they did a world tour to hype it and they are doing 24/7 also. JMM is more popular than Ortiz obviously and their fights are well documented, boxing classics and renown. I see their fight selling 1.4 million ppv buys but then again after that Mosley fight people felt hoodwinked, so we'll see.

Agreed. Marquez is beloved by his fans and most Mexicans. He is a class act, no doubt about it. I do not think that weight is good for him but we shall see. I think Pacquiao will be looked at little closely because of the steroids talk. If he struggles against JMM people might say he must not be juicing or why is his performance different. If he dominates JMM people will say, he has to be on something. What ever happens after their fight is the most important thing for boxing fans. The moment that fight is over people will be glued to the tv the next day to see if negotiations are starting for May and Pac fight. Which is why I think this fight may generate more attention. But for May to score a high PPV with someone that is not a house hold name, that's pretty amazing. Let's hope he is in the ring early next year... If Pac fights Tim Bradley next, I am done with the May and Pac fight. Arum has a way of signing fights for Pac before he is done fighting his current opponent
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 26 2011, 09:38 AM) *
Whats new? People are still pissed at Floyd about a lot of other things, if anything, its helping him. No matter how much of an asshole he comes off as, he still makes sure the attention is on him at all times. 1.3M people obviously didn't care, and Im sure that all past grudges will be long forgot about, if a Pacquiao fight is announced in the next few months.

Funny that you mention this, when was at the Eagles and Falcons game last Sunday, I was talking to these guys and they mentioned the fight they asked me my thoughts about it, I told them protect yourself at all times and if you are going to fight dirty be prepared to fight dirty. Matter of fact a guy at the tail gate party (between him constantly mentioning he was an ex Fed police, even showed me his bage), kept saying Ortiz deserved it. If you listen to that uptight "sports" journalist Skip Bayless you would think he committed capital punishment. I can tell you skip isn't a boxing fan, because he likes Pacquiao and Pacquiao he has deemed himself a boxing expert in the words of Roger Mayweather "You don't know shit about boxing"
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 26 2011, 10:46 AM) *
Funny that you mention this, when was at the Eagles and Falcons game last Sunday, I was talking to these guys and they mentioned the fight they asked me my thoughts about it, I told them protect yourself at all times and if you are going to fight dirty be prepared to fight dirty. Matter of fact a guy at the tail gate party (between him constantly mentioning he was an ex Fed police, even showed me his bage), kept saying Ortiz deserved it. If you listen to that uptight "sports" journalist Skip Bayless you would think he committed capital punishment. I can tell you skip isn't a boxing fan, because he likes Pacquiao and Pacquiao he has deemed himself a boxing expert in the words of Roger Mayweather "You don't know shit about boxing"

As long as people are still talking about the fight, then they are sure to purchase his next fight, simple as that. Thats how boxing goes, its a business and anything can happen. Usually, "anything" happens first, then the business (money) follows. So Floyd is looking at a possible $40M for 12 mins of actual fight time (minus the 60 sec breaks between rounds). So he found his opportunity to cash in after Razor-Head screwed himself..."anything" happens first, then comes the payday.

Im sure May and Pac will sell at least 3M PPVs...breaking Floyd and Oscar's record in 2007. I actually like Skip Bayless, for some odd reason, regardless of his thoughts on anything. He doesn't have to know much about the subject, but as long as he gives his resentful opinions about it, thats what makes the show. Lol
Seek
The only reason people are upset with Floyd is because Ortiz quit again. Had Ortiz put his hands up or at least got up on his two feet like Gatti and Mosley did, the people would have been estatic and applauded Floyd for getting payback after that unforgiving headbutt. Ortiz acts like he was knocked out cold and says that in his mind he didn't lose. Yeah you said the same thing after you got beat up by Maidana. Nobody's buying it!
Method
Hype - to your knowledge, does Vic Ortiz get ANY of the ppv money? Or is he just getting $2.5 come hook or crook?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Sep 26 2011, 11:59 AM) *
The only reason people are upset with Floyd is because Ortiz quit again. Had Ortiz put his hands up or at least got up on his two feet like Gatti and Mosley did, the people would have been estatic and applauded Floyd for getting payback after that unforgiving headbutt. Ortiz acts like he was knocked out cold and says that in his mind he didn't lose. Yeah you said the same thing after you got beat up by Maidana. Nobody's buying it!

I believe that if the fight ended in the later rounds, by way of a senseless foul that backfired, then I would have more of a reason to believe that Ortiz wanted out. In this case, I kept looking at the slow-mo replay, and the way his neck shifted after that right hand...I dont think he could've got up, even he tried his hardest. I know that Maidana hit him harder than that but he was against the ropes and in the process of slipping that punch, but this one...he was a helpless elk in the headlights.

QUOTE (Method @ Sep 26 2011, 12:12 PM) *
Hype - to your knowledge, does Vic Ortiz get ANY of the ppv money? Or is he just getting $2.5 come hook or crook?

That's a good question, I would definitely want to know the percentage...if there is any.
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 26 2011, 10:40 AM) *
Agreed. Marquez is beloved by his fans and most Mexicans. He is a class act, no doubt about it. I do not think that weight is good for him but we shall see. I think Pacquiao will be looked at little closely because of the steroids talk. If he struggles against JMM people might say he must not be juicing or why is his performance different. If he dominates JMM people will say, he has to be on something. What ever happens after their fight is the most important thing for boxing fans. The moment that fight is over people will be glued to the tv the next day to see if negotiations are starting for May and Pac fight. Which is why I think this fight may generate more attention. But for May to score a high PPV with someone that is not a house hold name, that's pretty amazing. Let's hope he is in the ring early next year... If Pac fights Tim Bradley next, I am done with the May and Pac fight. Arum has a way of signing fights for Pac before he is done fighting his current opponent

Pacman should be able to KO Marquez, after that Care Bear Affair with Mosley he needs to look aggressive and the "old" Manny Pacquiao that made me be sold on him. It seems like he's gotten soft a bit after Cotto. Pac should be able to steam roll Bradley.

It's the biggest fight in boxing history, the first ever time two top p4p fighters are in the same weightclass of course people be inclined for this fight. If this fight was signed and sealed for next year May, the world would be on fire. I can see it now....scams, ebay sells, biddings for tickets, identity theft, hacking, robberies maybe. But if Arum does that same shit he did with Mosley when he had already had an opponent (besides renegotiating with May) line up before the fight ended then I it's official that Arum really doesn't want Pac to fight Mayweather for fear of him losing. If it comes out true then Arum would be lying about him saying Pacman would beat Mayweather.

I'm really starting to think Arum is the real reason why the fight hasn't happened yet.
EAlbian
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Sep 26 2011, 11:48 AM) *
It's the biggest fight in boxing history, the first ever time two top p4p fighters are in the same weightclass

Whittaker vs Chavez, they were 1 and 2 on most lists at the time(I think first time in Ring Magazine tho). Ray Leonard vs Roberto Duran and Thomas Hearns vs Ray Leonard, great fights that most had them p4p 1 and 2(before Ring Mag p4p lists tho). I'd be willing to argue Frazier v Ali 1 and Robinson vs Kid Galivan as well. Work on your history and grammar Einstein
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 26 2011, 01:09 PM) *
Whittaker vs Chavez, they were 1 and 2 on most lists at the time(I think first time in Ring Magazine tho). Ray Leonard vs Roberto Duran and Thomas Hearns vs Ray Leonard, great fights that most had them p4p 1 and 2(before Ring Mag p4p lists tho). I'd be willing to argue Frazier v Ali 1 and Robinson vs Kid Galivan as well. Work on your history and grammar Einstein

Ahh....Yes. I tend to forget about different things in the boxing universe. Man that made me feel like watching Ray Leonards training videos and Durans and Hearns fights. SMH.
And I do have work so if my grammar is bad it's not because of failing English but because I honestly have a job to do in between my spare time or work time. If you want to have a debate on a seperate forum to test our knowledge I'm open for it anytime.

Nice call btw.
EAlbian
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Sep 26 2011, 12:15 PM) *
Ahh....Yes. I tend to forget about different things in the boxing universe. Man that made me feel like watching Ray Leonards training videos and Durans and Hearns fights. SMH.
And I do have work so if my grammar is bad it's not because of failing English but because I honestly have a job to do in between my spare time or work time. If you want to have a debate on a seperate forum to test our knowledge I'm open for it anytime.

Nice call btw.

haha, i wasn't calling you out or anything but with a name like boxingeinstein you better be ready for some criticism if you your knowledge isn't spot on haha. I'm always up for a little boxing debate. however, its never a real good measure because most information can be accessed via the web. if a thread starts that's interesting you'll probably get my opinion, feel free to have at it lol
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 26 2011, 01:26 PM) *
haha, i wasn't calling you out or anything but with a name like boxingeinstein you better be ready for some criticism if you your knowledge isn't spot on haha. I'm always up for a little boxing debate. however, its never a real good measure because most information can be accessed via the web. if a thread starts that's interesting you'll probably get my opinion, feel free to have at it lol

I know you wasn't but I've been watching boxing since I was 17. That's 20 years of educating myself on this sport as a whole and so I felt like I had to defend my position as a person that is passionate about something I've been keeping up on since then. It was more instinctive than trying to challenge you.
I'm ready for my knowledge to be measured just know I'm human and I tend to forget different things in the boxing universe but I do know my shit. And I understand that the web corrupts debates on here, that's why FH should have a skype like session for us to discuss topics verbally and plus it's a bit more faster also. As far as opinion goes it's the same here for me also lol
EAlbian
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Sep 26 2011, 12:38 PM) *
I know you wasn't but I've been watching boxing since I was 17. That's 20 years of educating myself on this sport as a whole and so I felt like I had to defend my position as a person that is passionate about something I've been keeping up on since then. It was more instinctive than trying to challenge you.
I'm ready for my knowledge to be measured just know I'm human and I tend to forget different things in the boxing universe but I do know my shit. And I understand that the web corrupts debates on here, that's why FH should have a skype like session for us to discuss topics verbally and plus it's a bit more faster also. As far as opinion goes it's the same here for me also lol

Its all good, no worries. just give it as good as ya get it haha. Skype/video chat would get crazy on here, talk to Hype or Jack
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 26 2011, 01:46 PM) *
Its all good, no worries. just give it as good as ya get it haha. Skype/video chat would get crazy on here, talk to Hype or Jack

lol I think it would get crazy indeed but I think it would be great to actually hear people's perspectives on fights and among other things without the use of ripping off the web and coming on here as if your fucking Al Bernstein.
Cshel86
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 26 2011, 01:09 PM) *

God Im hoping these big ones slipped his mind, lol. I dont know if its that easy to forget these fights, but oh well. Einstein is a great poster, so I will let that one slide this time. Couldn't have been Buffalo...talkin' about straight guillontine action in the making laugh.gif
HazConvictedFelonMane
'Razor-Head'.....LMAO. That's hella funny Cshel86.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (ChadSaysTakeTheTest @ Sep 25 2011, 08:38 PM) *
Truly amazing. Unfortunately people will still find ways to hate on this.

QUOTE (ChadSaysTakeTheTest @ Sep 25 2011, 10:19 PM) *

Do you recognize the hypocrisy here?

Cshel86
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Sep 26 2011, 04:11 PM) *
'Razor-Head'.....LMAO. That's hella funny Cshel86.

KookedKrack
Great for boxing, don't see how anyone can hate on this.
Hotsauce
so 1.3 mill is the minimum?
Sicko
every time you break 1 Million in PPV's that is a WIN/WIN for everybody that is involved with making that fight

fight fans kill me with all this childish stupidity "1.3 Million in PPV is disappointing" !?!? just a bunch of HATERS who have some of Pacquiao's DNA in their mouth lol they want Mayweather to fail so bad not only in the ring but outside the ring as well and they get so disappointed when they see him win yet another match then the PPV numbers comes out and he does well in that also
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 26 2011, 10:59 AM) *
As long as people are still talking about the fight, then they are sure to purchase his next fight, simple as that. Thats how boxing goes, its a business and anything can happen. Usually, "anything" happens first, then the business (money) follows. So Floyd is looking at a possible $40M for 12 mins of actual fight time (minus the 60 sec breaks between rounds). So he found his opportunity to cash in after Razor-Head screwed himself..."anything" happens first, then comes the payday.

Im sure May and Pac will sell at least 3M PPVs...breaking Floyd and Oscar's record in 2007. I actually like Skip Bayless, for some odd reason, regardless of his thoughts on anything. He doesn't have to know much about the subject, but as long as he gives his resentful opinions about it, thats what makes the show. Lol

theyre prolly lookin at 2.5... 3s a stretch...
Method
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Sep 26 2011, 08:15 PM) *

I think it will do 2M+. At least 1.8. Who knows.
Cshel86
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Sep 26 2011, 08:15 PM) *

QUOTE (Method @ Sep 26 2011, 08:24 PM) *
I think it will do 2M+. At least 1.8. Who knows.

The only reason that I put 3M PPV buys out there is because Floyd and Oscar did 2.4M PPVs. Im almost confident that a Pacquiao/Mayweather fight will exceed that. I only made that assumption due to the crying that I hear from casual/no-boxing-watching ass fans. Hell, I figured that knowing they demanded the fight just as much, would add a little mustard onto the hardcore boxing fans number.
Hotsauce
yea i hear plenty of people that say the only ppv fight they will buy is floyd/manny or they won't buy another floyd or manny ppv until they fight each other.

im pretty sure that ppv would pass floyd/oscar.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Sep 26 2011, 04:28 PM) *
Great for boxing, don't see how anyone can hate on this.

QUOTE (Sicko @ Sep 26 2011, 07:01 PM) *
fight fans kill me with all this childish stupidity "1.3 Million in PPV is disappointing" !?!? just a bunch of HATERS who have some of Pacquiao's DNA in their mouth lol they want Mayweather to fail so bad not only in the ring but outside the ring as well and they get so disappointed when they see him win yet another match then the PPV numbers comes out and he does well in that also

Who the fuck is hating on these numbers dipshit? Find the post in this thread where someone said 1.3 million is disappointing. Someone might have said the fight sucked. Someone might have said they knew the fight was gonna suck. But I don't believe anybody was shitting on the numbers.

Krack you're my boy from way back here I was just throwing your quote up with this one to make a point. Nobody is hating on PBF. Get that fucking chip off your shoulder. You fucking hypocrites bitch and moan like a bunch of women about how nobody loves your hero, then in the same sentence talk a gang of shit about Pac. You're the haters, which is cool, if you want to own it. Hating is an art held in high regard around here. Have some fun with it. But quit with this pot calling the kettle black shit.

Man up bitches!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.