Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Toshiaki NIshioka VS Rafael Marquez (Preview)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
FinitoElDinamita
Badd azz fight card this weekend on Fox Sports..

Nishoka-Rafael

Gonzalez- Soto

Kamegai-Karass

I dont see many people giving Rafael a chance but I can see him beating Nishioka.. Rafael is not " shot " like some people make him out to be... hell naw..

Nishioka is fast but speed can be neutralized by timing and Rafael still has that.. Superb timing, skills, and punching power is something that Rafael still has but
he's prone to injuries at this stage of his career which is the only thing that bothers me..

Nishioka may be riding high but trust me, marquez has the style to scare the shit outa him... Many times ive seen him struggle and abandoning his game plan when shit gets rough...

Who wins??
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (FinitoElDinamita @ Sep 26 2011, 03:23 AM) *
Badd azz fight card this weekend on Fox Sports..

Nishoka-Rafael

Gonzalez- Soto

Kamegai-Karass

I dont see many people giving Rafael a chance but I can see him beating Nishioka.. Rafael is not " shot " like some people make him out to be... hell naw..

Nishioka is fast but speed can be neutralized by timing and Rafael still has that.. Superb timing, skills, and punching power is something that Rafael still has but
he's prone to injuries at this stage of his career which is the only thing that bothers me..

Nishioka may be riding high but trust me, marquez has the style to scare the shit outa him... Many times ive seen him struggle and abandoning his game plan when shit gets rough...

Who wins??

Yep, def a good and excellent fight card. I will be on hand to watch it.

I see Rafa edging this in a hard fought in and out war. Nishioka is very fast and his speed is his power. That's how he won most of defence title fights. He overwhelms his opponents with blistering straight lefts and right hook combos. But Marquez is a veteran and his timing is still in tact. His speed may have decreased but his power is still there, I think he will time Nishioka's style of coming in and out by the 5 or 6th round and take a good back and forth battle before taking the Tokyo fighter in deep waters in the later rounds. I see Rafa stopping him in the 9th or 10th by TKO. This will be competitive but Rafa will be too much even if they say he's "passed it".

Gonzalez -Soto
Gonzales KO 5th or 7th round. He needs to up his competition though he hasn't fought a solid contender since his last 4 fights.

Kamegai- Karass
Kamegai is still green but he's a pretty solid puncher but there's no way I can see him taking out Jesus Soto who is definitely one of the toughest fighters in boxing period. I mean Mike Jones had around the same KO percentage as Kamegai and he still couldn't take out Karass even with all those bombs he threw. I see Karass stopping Kamegia by 8th round or a decision.
EAlbian
I think Marquez has everything needed to beat Nishioka. Gonzales was out-boxing him fairly easy with the jab and straight, Gonzales is not Marquez(even at this stage in his career). The biggest problem i see in this fight is Rafa's willingness to abandon his game plan and slug, allowing Nishioka into the fight. This should be a good one and I want to see the winner fight Arce for supremacy. Donaire should be fighting Nishioka and Marquez should be fighting Montiel/Arce. Lots of good fights around 118-126
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 26 2011, 01:41 PM) *
I think Marquez has everything needed to beat Nishioka. Gonzales was out-boxing him fairly easy with the jab and straight, Gonzales is not Marquez(even at this stage in his career). The biggest problem i see in this fight is Rafa's willingness to abandon his game plan and slug, allowing Nishioka into the fight. This should be a good one and I want to see the winner fight Arce for supremacy. Donaire should be fighting Nishioka and Marquez should be fighting Montiel/Arce. Lots of good fights around 118-126

My dream fights for the lower weight class right now are. Donaire vs Gamboa and Arce vs Marquez. All action fights like a martial arts film
FinitoElDinamita
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Sep 26 2011, 10:53 AM) *
My dream fights for the lower weight class right now are. Donaire vs Gamboa and Arce vs Marquez. All action fights like a martial arts film

Donaire-Gamboa is definitely a true fight fan's dream and im anticipating that the most..

BUt Marquez-Arce??? You got to be kidding... Rafael would kill Arce and it would be quick..
Jack 1000
Sadly,

I can't get too excited about this fight because Fox Sports will pre-empt ANY boxing if there is a Brewers Baseball game on that runs into overtime, than I have to search for a replay that may be non-existent. I will check the guides and keep you posted later in the week. 50% chance says those fuckers pre-empt this fight if big local shit runs overtime in your area. We'll see what happens.

Give me Marquez TKO 7.

Jack
FinitoElDinamita
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Sep 26 2011, 12:52 PM) *
Sadly,

I can't get too excited about this fight because Fox Sports will pre-empt ANY boxing if there is a Brewers Baseball game on that runs into overtime, than I have to search for a replay that may be non-existent. I will check the guides and keep you posted later in the week. 50% chance says those fuckers pre-empt this fight if big local shit runs overtime in your area. We'll see what happens.

Give me Marquez TKO 7.

Jack

Sexy pick... Can you elaborate on that though... why a midround KO?

I ask because I get the same feeling... Besides the fact that Rafael has the tools to beat him, i just have this hunch that he's going to do something spectacular..
Jack 1000
QUOTE (FinitoElDinamita @ Sep 26 2011, 03:13 PM) *
Sexy pick... Can you elaborate on that though... why a midround KO?

I ask because I get the same feeling... Besides the fact that Rafael has the tools to beat him, i just have this hunch that he's going to do something spectacular..

It's a premonition thing! Nishioka will give a good account. But the mighty Marquez will wear him down and win in a big way!

Jack
checkleft
Good card, right on.
Ima have to catch this.
Ima take marquez maybe 10 Tko
He looked Sharp his last fight even though he was getting tagged a bit.
EAlbian
QUOTE (FinitoElDinamita @ Sep 26 2011, 01:17 PM) *
Donaire-Gamboa is definitely a true fight fan's dream and im anticipating that the most..

BUt Marquez-Arce??? You got to be kidding... Rafael would kill Arce and it would be quick..

I agree but for some reason the guy seems to stick around and pull upsets, I think Marquez gets rid of him for good. I like Montiel vs Arce/Marquez better. All provide for some good action and would give a good pay day. Arce draws crowds and is ranked higher and holds a belt tho.
FinitoElDinamita
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 26 2011, 02:51 PM) *
I agree but for some reason the guy seems to stick around and pull upsets, I think Marquez gets rid of him for good. I like Montiel vs Arce/Marquez better. All provide for some good action and would give a good pay day. Arce draws crowds and is ranked higher and holds a belt tho.

Yea... I didnt expect arce to beat Nongqayi that easily considering the fact that he got thoroughly beat in their first bout.. but i guess him draining himself to 115 was a big factor in that loss.. He's more filled out at 122 and looks much more healthy... I think he's rejuvenated but i dont see him competing with Rafael.. He'd get severely hurt..

MOntiel/Arce makes all the sense in the world and ive wanted to see this fight for a while now but I doubt it happens because of their friendship/camp ties and all..

What about a Vic rematch??
EAlbian
QUOTE (FinitoElDinamita @ Sep 26 2011, 05:03 PM) *
Yea... I didnt expect arce to beat Nongqayi that easily considering the fact that he got thoroughly beat in their first bout.. but i guess him draining himself to 115 was a big factor in that loss.. He's more filled out at 122 and looks much more healthy... I think he's rejuvenated but i dont see him competing with Rafael.. He'd get severely hurt..

MOntiel/Arce makes all the sense in the world and ive wanted to see this fight for a while now but I doubt it happens because of their friendship/camp ties and all..

What about a Vic rematch??

Vic beat him like he stole something, I don't see a difference in outcome but it would keep Vic's name relevant. I woulnt mind seeing him fight Montiel either. there are so many interesting fights around there, Showtime should keep doing tournaments around these weights because cost is low and action is high. They could own the lower weights.

Mean Mister Mustard
Rafa still has that knowledge but I'm not that sure if he still has the timing down. If he does, then this still should be a good fight, because from the little I have seen of Nishioka, he is very fast and well schooled.
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (FinitoElDinamita @ Sep 26 2011, 02:17 PM) *

No are you kidding me?! Rafael is no doubt a legend in my eyes and a good fighter who's expertise in timing his punches with good power still in his arsenal. But Arce is like Lazarus, when you think he's done he comes back from the dead and pulls off an upset almost every time. He's one of the toughest muthafuckas in this sport that I ever layed eyes on. Your sleeping if you think Arce will be dealt with quick by Marquez. It will be competitive and only real boxing fans see that this is a all action back and forth fight.

Whoever bets on Arce-Marquez is a sure fire dumb ass since it's Arce-Marquez.
EAlbian
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Sep 27 2011, 03:53 PM) *
No are you kidding me?! Rafael is no doubt a legend in my eyes and a good fighter who's expertise in timing his punches with good power still in his arsenal. But Arce is like Lazarus, when you think he's done he comes back from the dead and pulls off an upset almost every time. He's one of the toughest muthafuckas in this sport that I ever layed eyes on. Your sleeping if you think Arce will be dealt with quick by Marquez. It will be competitive and only real boxing fans see that this is a all action back and forth fight.

Whoever bets on Arce-Marquez is a sure fire dumb ass since it's Arce-Marquez.

I gotta disagree, Marquez has all of the tools to negate anything that Arce does. The problem i see is Marquez's willingness to trade and fight when it's not needed(I do love it tho). Arce has had some great comeback fights but i just don't see what he has other than grit on his side and Marquez has plenty of that as well. Against the best @118 & 122(Rigo/Donaire/Marquez/Mares/Agbeko/Darchinyan) I think Arce gets smashed. I think he could give Ramos a real fight but I think Ramos' power ends it. I'm up in the air about Nikoska, could go either way but i tend to lean towards the Jap
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.