Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd Khan in December or May?!?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Nay_Sayer
I'm beginning to think this is a distinct possibility if Mayweather Pacquiao can't be made for spring 2012.
BoxingEinstein

Doubt it will happen. Reasons being....

1.Mayweather will take another vacation and fight next year.

2.GBP are already on hand to pit Khan against Peterson to help boosts Khan's name more before Floyd/Khan late next year.

3.Expect the Berto/Ortiz rematch early next year.
Mean Mister Mustard
I have little to no interest in seeing Mayweather in there with anyone other than Pacquiao or Bradley.
MrChampagne123
I would actually LOVE to see Mayweather vs Kahn. But Kahn already had Peterson on the horizon. And Ortiz doesnt deserve another shot I agree with Floyd saying he should go back and Re-Match Berto because I honestly belive Berto Over-Looked Ortiz. Now If Berto Beats Ortiz Via Knock-out . And a Manny - Mayweather but cant be made then I would be happy with Berto-Mayweather bout. Because I belive Bradley is next for Manny. Berto-Mayweather would do LARG numbers because BERTO has a name the Kahn doesnt. And I belive Berto is better then Kahn anyway. Kahn-Mayweather would be like Mayweather-JMM. Berto-Mayweather would be a more contested Ortiz-Mayweather.
HazConvictedFelonMane
Khan in May. Pacquiao in December. My take says if Khan gets knocked out, Freddie Roach will refuse the Mayweather fight. I hear that Roach is going to mod Manny's style in preperation for his meeting with his true arch-rival, Juan Manuel Marquez. I already have an idea of the kind of mod he has to put on Pacquiao to prep for Mayweather. The kind that will take a lifetime. Therefore, I highly doubt that they are willing to risk it all against a fighter who is still very dangerous. It's a shame how Shane Mosley was too dangerous for Pacquiao until he started to show major decline. Mayweather is slowing down a bit, but he's still fast, still sharp, and still the best fighter hands down. Manny has way too many flaws in his game to deserve such an honor. I'm not saying that he's nothing. I am saying he aint all that. He gets way too much credit for beating guys that come into the ring already beaten.
duwdu
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Sep 27 2011, 04:51 PM) *
Khan in May. Pacquiao in December. My take says if Khan gets knocked out, Freddie Roach will refuse the Mayweather fight. I hear that Roach is going to mod Manny's style in preperation for his meeting with his true arch-rival, Juan Manuel Marquez. I already have an idea of the kind of mod he has to put on Pacquiao to prep for Mayweather. The kind that will take a lifetime. Therefore, I highly doubt that they are willing to risk it all against a fighter who is still very dangerous. It's a shame how Shane Mosley was too dangerous for Pacquiao until he started to show major decline. Mayweather is slowing down a bit, but he's still fast, still sharp, and still the best fighter hands down. Manny has way too many flaws in his game to deserve such an honor. I'm not saying that he's nothing. I am saying he aint all that. He gets way too much credit for beating guys that come into the ring already beaten.

Please mind your cheap shots...LOL. These are not the best of times for the fans of Pacman or those sympathetic towards him.

P34C3

jlupi
He gets way too much credit for beating guys that come into the ring already beaten.>>>>

LOL im not sayin pacs recent activity is great but floyd has been doing the same thing for years also. when was the last time floyd put it on the line against a fighter that was not a huge underdog? great fighters challenge themselves. pac WAS of that cloth. when was floyd? one fight in 2001?
FinitoElDinamita
I hope not. Nobody wants to see a bumfight and this is exactly one of those.. Khan would get fucked up in every possible way..

It's time for Floyd to someone who actually stands a chance.. Pacman is out of the picture so the next available guy is Sergio.. Sergio recently stated that he'll fight pacman at 150 or i dont see why he can't do the same for Floyd..

Floyd-Khan?? what a one sided mismatch.. Khan's shitty ass footwork would get him KTFO by floyd..

KookedKrack
Khan is not on Floyd's level at all it will be another Ortiz. I would purchase with that under card though.
mannyfresh209
Lol Bradley? You out of your mind? Bradley will get mopped...
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (duwdu @ Sep 27 2011, 05:10 PM) *
Please mind your cheap shots...LOL. These are not the best of times for the fans of Pacman or those sympathetic towards him.

P34C3

He seems to have a personal vendetta against Pacquiao. I myself don't like certain aspects of Pacman or I do non-bias criticism of him, but sheeesh this guy has been on boards of topics that have completely nothing to do with Pacman and he still somehow manages to sneak in Pacman's name with a blatant disregard for him. SMH LOL!!!
PColeman28
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 27 2011, 01:20 PM) *
I have little to no interest in seeing Mayweather in there with anyone other than Pacquiao or Bradley.

Him fighting pacquiao is all i want to see right now.

QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Sep 27 2011, 01:13 PM) *
I'm beginning to think this is a distinct possibility if Mayweather Pacquiao can't be made for spring 2012.

If he did fight khan it wouldn't be until late summer early winter imo....If khan can beat down a solid welterweight early next year(like late spring) then his chances improve to fighting mayweather towards the end of next year, this really depends on pacquiao's move after marquez
STEVENSKI
Ortiz should never set foot in the ring again. The man is a disgrace to the sport.

I had no probloem with him butting him like a billy goat & I actually commend him for taking that path. I also would have no issue with 2 points being taken but what I take major fucking issue with is his apologising for it repeatedly & then allowing himself to be KO'd with a cheap shot.

That butt was no accident so why would you apologise for something deliberate? He reminded me of Bobby in the Karate Kid apologising after sweeping the leg when he should have been saying next time I will split you open like a ripe watermelon.
AlynK
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 27 2011, 05:32 PM) *
Ortiz should never set foot in the ring again. The man is a disgrace to the sport.

I had no probloem with him butting him like a billy goat & I actually commend him for taking that path. I also would have no issue with 2 points being taken but what I take major fucking issue with is his apologising for it repeatedly & then allowing himself to be KO'd with a cheap shot.

That butt was no accident so why would you apologise for something deliberate? He reminded me of Bobby in the Karate Kid apologising after sweeping the leg when he should have been saying next time I will split you open like a ripe watermelon.

Ortiz is a dumbass but I wouldn't say he's a disgrace to the sport. He frustrates me too just because he talks all this shit about "putting Floyd on his ass" just to later be laid out in the most embarrassing way possible---after a series of odd apologies and kisses. All he had to do was touch gloves and keep it moving if he really wanted to show he was sorry. But he's also a young guy riding off of his first 7 figure purse so i'll give him that. Yeah, he does have that "all brawn, no brains" type of thing going on but hopefully he'll learn from this fight to not rely on technicality and always keep your guard up. And he's definitely going to capitalize off of it, so it's not over for him.
Cshel86
Between Khan, Bradley, and Berto...a Khan/Mayweather fight would make the most business sense (in my opinion).

Berto:
Advantages:
Shares the same manager with Mayweather

Disadvantages:
Relatively unknown outside of the boxing world
Has a small fan base (if any at all)
Doesn't have enough skill to hang with FMJ and convince viewers to purchase the fight
No substantial material for a megafight build-up (showing how Ortiz beat him and Floyd beat Ortiz just offsets the storyline and takes the juice out of it)

Bradley:
Advantages:
He has the heart to make it a fight

Disadvantages:
Absolutely no fan base known to man
His prior promoter sucked, and his fututre promoter hates FMJ
No substantial material for a megafight build-up
...the list goes on

Khan:
Advantages:
Height/movement/decent handspeed
He has the privilege to use Pac and Roach's name to boost his popularity and draw them into the storyline for a possible 24/7 and press tour build-up
Khan knowing Pac and Roach gives fans the illusion that a Pac/Mayweather fight can happen soon
Freddie Roach talking shit about Mayweather throughout the build-up and 24/7, will give viewers a glimpse at how it will be when Pac/May is made.
He has somewhat of a foreign fan base that will go the extra mile to support him in the biggest fight of his life. Translation...another source of a fan base to order/attend the fight.
His U.S. fan base is beginning to grow and GBP is involved

Disadvantages:
Experience

There are enough advantages in Khan's favor, that translate into a money opportunity for Floyd. Khan has enough material for a build-up and there is some decent money behind Khan. Khan needs to beat Peterson convincingly and beat a strong welterweight before Floyd looks his way. Hell, Ortiz only had one fight against a strong welterweight, then his big chance popped up in his face. All Mayweather has to say is, "I want Khan, then Pacquiao is definitely next". He just did it for the Ortiz fight didn't he? Just my thoughts...
Prov0
Bradley wont fight Floyd if he signs with Top Rank.
theres Rumors that Bradley is for Pacquiao next.
mrchitown
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 27 2011, 06:49 PM) *
Between Khan, Bradley, and Berto...a Khan/Mayweather fight would make the most business sense (in my opinion).

Berto:
Advantages:

Disadvantages:
Doesn't have enough skill to hang with FMJ and convince viewers to purchase the fight
No substantial material for a megafight build-up (showing how Ortiz beat him and Floyd beat Ortiz just offsets the storyline and takes the juice out of it)

Bradley:
Advantages:

Disadvantages:

Very well put together. If a fight with Manny can't be made then a Khan matchup makes a lot of sense. I can't see him and Berto fighting because Al Haymon doesn't like to pit his fighters against one another
...the list goes on

Khan:
Advantages:
He has the privilege to use Pac and Roach's name to boost his popularity and draw them into the storyline for a possible 24/7 and press tour build-up
Khan knowing Pac and Roach gives fans the illusion that a Pac/Mayweather fight can happen soon
Freddie Roach talking shit about Mayweather throughout the build-up and 24/7, will give viewers a glimpse at how it will be when Pac/May is made.
He has somewhat of a foreign fan base that will go the extra mile to support him in the biggest fight of his life. Translation...another source of a fan base to order/attend the fight.

Disadvantages:
Experience

There are enough advantages in Khan's favor, that translate into a money opportunity for Floyd. Khan has enough material for a build-up and there is some decent money behind Khan. Khan needs to beat Peterson convincingly and beat a strong welterweight before Floyd looks his way. Hell, Ortiz only had one fight against a strong welterweight, then his big chance popped up in his face. All Mayweather has to say is, "I want Khan, then Pacquiao is definitely next". He just did it for the Ortiz fight didn't he? Just my thoughts...

Hotsauce
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 27 2011, 06:49 PM) *

Berto:
Advantages:

Disadvantages:

Bradley:
Advantages:

Disadvantages:
...the list goes on

Khan:
Advantages:

Disadvantages:
Experience

don't forget about that uk money
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 27 2011, 11:30 PM) *
don't forget about that uk money

How could I forget the UK money, out of all things? dntknw.gif Guess I can blame that on the Budweisers in the meantime...
GINOROS
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Sep 27 2011, 04:13 PM) *

We have been very curious over the past few of weeks about the new language that has been adopted by Team Pacquiao: Drug testing is "no issue". That has been the phrase repeated over and over : "no issue". Like a Tea Party talking point, they just kept spouting that. Even The Illiterate himself said "ahh, me have ahh no issue on ahh tessing". The Illiterate's puppetmasters clearly told him to say that.

They have not said "we will do random OST".

Now, with the mouthy Ariza admitting that they are NOT agreeing to random OST, we now know what "no issue" means. No issue means that [B]The Illiterate will NOT take the test.[/B]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PKrRujO4kbc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The pudgy midgets who pray to The Illiterate have been spamming Facebook and YouTube with claims that their Illiterate Congressman agreed to the test. "Manny say no issue and Gayweather say no on fight hahahaha". You all know how they write.

But here is indisputable proof from The Illiterate's camp that they are still refusing to improved testing.

@0:40, The Illiterate is saying "we ahhh has Addaledik Commeeshun for ahh tess". Notice that he is at the presser for Marquez III. That is very recent.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K18l600HU6U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Late September, 2011. Nearly two years later. And they are STILL refusing to take the random OST.

Same frikkin' thing that The Illiterate's Team was saying LAST year:

http://www.newsflash.org/2004/02/sp/sp022279.htm

“Let’s face it, people want to see Pacquiao-Mayweather,” said Roach, quoted by Bob Velin in USA Today. “If the Mayweather-Mosley winner doesn’t come around, where do we have to go? We’re going to do whatever it takes to make that fight. The only thing we won’t do is to let Floyd call the shots and make the rules because he’s not that big. Any commission test and sanctioning body test, we’ll do. But we will not do private testing with a company that Floyd hires.”
THands126
It is hard to picture Mayweather/Khan being made. Posturing aside, I believe Mayweather's team will make their next move pending the result of Pac/Marquez. I'm not saying that it is the only factor in deciding Floyd's next move, but certainly an important component.

Khan would be a test for Floyd for the first few rounds, until Floyd has him programmed. Once Floyd has him clocked, Khan won't be able to get off. I don't care how big he thinks he is for the division and how quick he thinks he might be.
sduck
Floyd said in the post-fight press-conference that he might give Khan a shot if he fights Vargas. And Khan says he isn't fighting Vargas. So I don't think this fight will happen.
kingknockout
looking at this khan judah fight, I came to a realization that a khan mayweather fight will just be a waste of time and another victory for mayweather. I don't see mayweather having problems with this dude at all.

Khan didn't dominate judah, he got a win, but he didn't outright destroy him or beat him down.
gravytrain
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Sep 28 2011, 01:29 AM) *
looking at this khan judah fight, I came to a realization that a khan mayweather fight will just be a waste of time and another victory for mayweather. I don't see mayweather having problems with this dude at all.

Khan didn't dominate judah, he got a win, but he didn't outright destroy him or beat him down.

all they're going to look at is what kind of money it can make. and they'll play the hell out of Judah quitting and hype Khan up just like they hyped up Ortiz. i think it'll be Khan or Berto.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 27 2011, 10:43 PM) *
How could I forget the UK money, out of all things? dntknw.gif Guess I can blame that on the Budweisers in the meantime...

if im not mistaken floyd didn't get that money when he fough hatton
Fitz
QUOTE (GINOROS @ Sep 28 2011, 01:48 PM) *
We have been very curious over the past few of weeks about the new language that has been adopted by Team Pacquiao: Drug testing is "no issue". That has been the phrase repeated over and over : "no issue". Like a Tea Party talking point, they just kept spouting that. Even The Illiterate himself said "ahh, me have ahh no issue on ahh tessing". The Illiterate's puppetmasters clearly told him to say that.

Now, with the mouthy Ariza admitting that they are NOT agreeing to random OST, we now know what "no issue" means. No issue means that [B]The Illiterate will NOT take the test.[/B]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PKrRujO4kbc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The pudgy midgets who pray to The Illiterate have been spamming Facebook and YouTube with claims that their Illiterate Congressman agreed to the test. "Manny say no issue and Gayweather say no on fight hahahaha". You all know how they write.

But here is indisputable proof from The Illiterate's camp that they are still refusing to improved testing.

@0:40, The Illiterate is saying "we ahhh has Addaledik Commeeshun for ahh tess". Notice that he is at the presser for Marquez III. That is very recent.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K18l600HU6U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Late September, 2011. Nearly two years later. And they are STILL refusing to take the random OST.

“Let’s face it, people want to see Pacquiao-Mayweather,” said Roach, quoted by Bob Velin in USA Today. “If the Mayweather-Mosley winner doesn’t come around, where do we have to go? We’re going to do whatever it takes to make that fight. The only thing we won’t do is to let Floyd call the shots and make the rules because he’s not that big. Any commission test and sanctioning body test, we’ll do. But we will not do private testing with a company that Floyd hires.”

Back to the drawing board.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (GINOROS @ Sep 28 2011, 04:48 PM) *

You mate are a credit to all Floyd Mayweather fans worldwide. In the future when I think of Floyd fans I'll think of this post. Quality.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Sep 27 2011, 03:13 PM) *

That would be an awesome PPV card right there Nay Sayer. I doubt Mayweather woulf fight as early as December though and Khan does have Peterson lined up, but if Mayweather wanted it that early he could make it happen. And on a side note...if Oscar and Mayweather did fight again the only way it would make sense is if Oscar had SR. in his corner. They could sell that easily.
Eighty88Eight
the idea of floyd-oscar ii is gag-inducing.
DavidA12
I can definitely see this fight being made but not until late 2012 maybe October-November.

Khan needs to get Pieterson out of the way in December which i think he will do easily and then move up to fight a solid welterweight.

I quite like a home fight against someone like Kell Brook who amazingly still isnt a world champion who IMO would have the beating of a lot of the top fighters in the 147 division and who would be a solid match up for Khan's introduction to welterweight.

If the Khan/Mayweather fight does get made it will be a huge fight by late next year with Khan's American following growing with every fight and the English following both Khan and Mayweather have.
Cshel86
QUOTE (THands126 @ Sep 28 2011, 12:36 AM) *
It is hard to picture Mayweather/Khan being made. Posturing aside, I believe Mayweather's team will make their next move pending the result of Pac/Marquez. I'm not saying that it is the only factor in deciding Floyd's next move, but certainly an important component.

Khan would be a test for Floyd for the first few rounds, until Floyd has him programmed. Once Floyd has him clocked, Khan won't be able to get off. I don't care how big he thinks he is for the division and how quick he thinks he might be.

It's all about money, and at the present time, Khan has the most money/money potential attached to his name. He has the right team surrounding him (Pacquiao/Roach/Ariza) to use for material on 24/7 if he lacks in other areas of material, he's foreign with a decent fan base, and he's likely to not go out as bad as Ortiz did. If Khan puts up half the fight that Ortiz did, then he will secure his spot for the next up-and-coming star to begin the PPV movement. This will also make way for a Khan/Ortiz fight in the future, and its sure to have some PPV headline potential.

You have to look further ahead, past the current smoke being blown in our faces, and never trust Team Mayweather to depend on the next man's move. Mayweather is known for picking opponents and boosting the PPV potential...he just did it for the Ortiz fight.

QUOTE (sduck @ Sep 28 2011, 12:54 AM) *
Floyd said in the post-fight press-conference that he might give Khan a shot if he fights Vargas. And Khan says he isn't fighting Vargas. So I don't think this fight will happen.

Did you hear what he said later? He said that Vargas is his fighter and its only right for him to scout a title shot and look out for his fighter. Its bad to hang on to Mayweather's every word, but its worse when you dont follow up on it.

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 28 2011, 01:34 AM) *
all they're going to look at is what kind of money it can make. and they'll play the hell out of Judah quitting and hype Khan up just like they hyped up Ortiz. i think it'll be Khan or Berto.

Thank you! Im trying to see why everybody's having a hard time understanding this dntknw.gif Money always dictates a fighter's (or his promoter's) next move...whether they except an unexpected & off-the-wall fight for more money, or turn down a good fight because enough money isn't involved. A great potential fight will always lose to a messed up negotiation. Great post!

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Sep 28 2011, 01:50 AM) *
if im not mistaken floyd didn't get that money when he fough hatton

Well dang Hotsauce, you brought it up! Lol. I didn't post it because I wasn't sure about it. Look it up and let me know.
CrazyBuffalO
QUOTE (GINOROS @ Sep 28 2011, 11:48 AM) *
Even The Illiterate himself said "ahh, me have ahh no issue on ahh tessing". The Illiterate's puppetmasters clearly told him to say that.

HAHAHAHAHA!! Nice One!

That illiterate wouldn't even win his way into congress here if he hadn't bought his way in. Yes VOTE BUYING is widely practiced in the poor & corrupt political system of this country.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 28 2011, 10:52 AM) *
Well dang Hotsauce, you brought it up! Lol. I didn't post it because I wasn't sure about it. Look it up and let me know.

i can't find it but i remember reading about it on some site.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 15 2011, 05:30 PM) *
http://www.fightreport.net/?p=1248

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...ticle571995.ece

That was a conservative SKY PPV estimate immediately after the fight. That was 20,000,000 pounds ($40,000,000) off of estimated SKY PPV Buys of 900,000. If indeed the SKY buys were 1.2M, as was a reported tally several weeks later, then Hatton's take would be well over $40,000,000.

What's more, ~ 20,000 fans, most not even having tickets, flooded Vegas for Hatton.

Hope this covers it.
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (jlupi @ Sep 27 2011, 05:19 PM) *
He gets way too much credit for beating guys that come into the ring already beaten.>>>>

LOL im not sayin pacs recent activity is great but floyd has been doing the same thing for years also. when was the last time floyd put it on the line against a fighter that was not a huge underdog? great fighters challenge themselves. pac WAS of that cloth. when was floyd? one fight in 2001?

He's that good that everyone Floyd faces is going to be an underdog. It's not about the status of the odds, it's about the ability of the opponent. Margarito's ability was flawed coming in to the fight. Mosley's ability was also flawed. Mayweather fought a very able Shane Mosley, and a very able Ortiz. These are fighters that come into the ring with a legit chance to win. Regardless to what the odds reflect, anything can happen in the ring. Manny Pacquiao has been in charge for a number of years now. It's a crying shame how he is JUST NOW finding the time to face an able body. JMM's last fight actually tainted his status coming into this fight. That cab driver took a dive. To me, he CLEARLY took a dive. I've never witnessed a fighter out COLD in the ring, when the back of his head didn't splash against the canvass. That fight was fixed to generate more interest in the Pacquiao fight. JMM's fight against Katsidis was a legit KO victory. This is the 1st fighter coming off of a KO victory that Manny's facing since he's made it to the top. Like I said, his status has been tainted because that cab driver clearly threw that fight, probably on the behest of Bob Arum. Let's all be honest here, this fight is finally happening because it is the lesser evil. This is something that I've come to expect from the camp that houses the so-called best fighter in the world. Instead of fighting Andre Berto, an undefeated (at that time) champion with speed and power, he opted for the older Shane Mosley. A fighter that lost his championship and moved up to 154. Why not fight him? Make him come down to 147 considering that he's fighting one division north. It never fails. They will always seek out the lesser fighters, rather than prove to the doubters (like me and a few million others) that he deserves to be where he is. I'm sick of hearing this guy is P4P this and best that. If we can't agree to the terms of our super fight, Sergio Martinez is out there calling for Pacquiao at 150. Fight him or lose more respect. Margarito was a fight that was made at 150. Why not fight Sergio, if no Mayweather fight can be made?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Sep 28 2011, 03:29 PM) *

So by that reckoning we should amend Floyd's record to Mayweather UD12 Khan?

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Sep 29 2011, 08:45 AM) *
Sergio Martinez is out there calling for Pacquiao at 150. Fight him or lose more respect. Margarito was a fight that was made at 150. Why not fight Sergio, if no Mayweather fight can be made?

He is also calling for Floyd. Therefore if Floyd can't make the Pac fight then he must face Martinez or lose more respect right?
caneman
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 28 2011, 05:59 PM) *
He is also calling for Floyd. Therefore if Floyd can't make the Pac fight then he must face Martinez or lose more respect right?

NO NO NO, you know better than that, that only works against Pacman dntknw.gif
gravytrain
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Sep 28 2011, 06:52 PM) *
So by that reckoning we should amend Floyd's record to Mayweather UD12 Khan?

depends on whether or not Khan tries to hug him, it could get ended early if he does.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Sep 29 2011, 05:04 AM) *
HAHAHAHAHA!! Nice One!

That illiterate wouldn't even win his way into congress here if he hadn't bought his way in. Yes VOTE BUYING is widely practiced in the poor & corrupt political system of this country.

Vote buying is practiced all over the world, poor and wealthy countries, you knucklehead.
gravytrain
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 28 2011, 11:52 AM) *
It's all about money, and at the present time, Khan has the most money/money potential attached to his name. He has the right team surrounding him (Pacquiao/Roach/Ariza) to use for material on 24/7 if he lacks in other areas of material, he's foreign with a decent fan base, and he's likely to not go out as bad as Ortiz did. If Khan puts up half the fight that Ortiz did, then he will secure his spot for the next up-and-coming star to begin the PPV movement. This will also make way for a Khan/Ortiz fight in the future, and its sure to have some PPV headline potential.

You have to look further ahead, past the current smoke being blown in our faces, and never trust Team Mayweather to depend on the next man's move. Mayweather is known for picking opponents and boosting the PPV potential...he just did it for the Ortiz fight.

Did you hear what he said later? He said that Vargas is his fighter and its only right for him to scout a title shot and look out for his fighter. Its bad to hang on to Mayweather's every word, but its worse when you dont follow up on it.

Thank you! Im trying to see why everybody's having a hard time understanding this dntknw.gif Money always dictates a fighter's (or his promoter's) next move...whether they except an unexpected & off-the-wall fight for more money, or turn down a good fight because enough money isn't involved. A great potential fight will always lose to a messed up negotiation. Great post!

Ortiz wasn't the biggest fight out there but him vs Mayweather got hyped up as the fight of the century, people in the industry don't care whether it's or not if they can sell it as Hagler v Hearns lol. some people just have some wishful thinking to assume Pac and Mayweather will fold or either of the will fight Martinez. 9.9 times out of 10 they'll fight a low risk inhouse fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 28 2011, 07:17 PM) *
Ortiz wasn't the biggest fight out there but him vs Mayweather got hyped up as the fight of the century, people in the industry don't care whether it's or not if they can sell it as Hagler v Hearns lol. some people just have some wishful thinking to assume Pac and Mayweather will fold or either of the will fight Martinez. 9.9 times out of 10 they'll fight a low risk inhouse fight.

Exactly. Im laughing at how Martinez is willing to sacrifice himself for a big payday, smh.
gravytrain
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 28 2011, 08:55 PM) *
Exactly. Im laughing at how Martinez is willing to sacrifice himself for a big payday, smh.

and even at 150 he still wont get either of them lol.
Cshel86
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 28 2011, 09:52 PM) *
and even at 150 he still wont get either of them lol.

Tell me about it! 150 is just 3 pounds north of 147, and I cant remember the last time I saw Martinez fight at welterweight. Like you said, they will both decline the bout.
blackbelt2003
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Sep 28 2011, 06:29 AM) *

Neither did Mayweather until the late rounds. Of course we didn't see the late rounds with Khan because Khan took him out/Judah quit.

But either way let's not pretend Mayweather blasted Judah out or gave him a 12 round beat down. Judah was in the fight for the first five or six rounds, and was even the faster, sharper fighter for the first 3 or 4, so let's hold Khan to the same standard.

Black

Cshel86
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Sep 28 2011, 01:29 AM) *

As I've stated earlier in this thread, a Khan/Mayweather fight by the end of 2012 is good for the sport. Since Khan fights 3 times a year, he can go through with the Peterson fight in December, and have two impressive fights at Welterweight with one of those opponents being Berto before or in July. Surely he will be ready for Mayweather by November or December, but his welterweight fights will have to be impressive. It would be a good fight to help the young stars get a chance to carry the torch, though Ortiz blew his chance.

I would have to have to say as Emmanuel Steward said, Khan systematically broke Judah down. Now if Judah would've been in the fight and landed more than 10 punches (I believe it was 6), but got picked apart in the same fashion, then I would consider Khan dominant in the fight. It's not all about what Khan did, it's more so about what Judah didn't/couldn't do throughout the fight. From the opening bell, leading up to the time of his "low-blow victim stunt", Judah's mindest was already in "6th round and beyond" mode...and we all know how he fights beyond the 6th round.

QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Sep 29 2011, 07:38 AM) *
Neither did Mayweather until the late rounds. Of course we didn't see the late rounds with Khan because Khan took him out/Judah quit.

But either way let's not pretend Mayweather blasted Judah out or gave him a 12 round beat down. Judah was in the fight for the first five or six rounds, and was even the faster, sharper fighter for the first 3 or 4, so let's hold Khan to the same standard.

Black

You're right, Mayweather didn't start dialing in until about the 7th or 8th round, but Judah had the first 4 easily and stood his ground in 5 & 6.
xxxxxx
Some fans at a few other boards are saying that Martinez vs Mayweather is a real possibility if Martinez wins this Saturday. Anybody know if this is true???
caneman
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Sep 29 2011, 06:50 PM) *
Some fans at a few other boards are saying that Martinez vs Mayweather is a real possibility if Martinez wins this Saturday. Anybody know if this is true???

NO WAY IT'S TRUE! He will never fight Maravilla, it will be the guy who lost to Margarito? You can bet that won't happen and I ain't buying this whole 150 thing cause I bet Maravilla can't even get back down there!
xxxxxx
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 29 2011, 06:58 PM) *
NO WAY IT'S TRUE! He will never fight Maravilla, it will be the guy who lost to Margarito? You can bet that won't happen and I ain't buying this whole 150 thing cause I bet Maravilla can't even get back down there!

I could see Mayweather fighting him at 154. It would be much more impressive if he fought him at Middleweight, but 154 would be pretty solid also. Some poster on another board claimed that he got word that the fight is a real possibility. He said he had heard it from the trainer of Martinez on some radio show. We will see.
caneman
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Sep 29 2011, 07:08 PM) *
I could see Mayweather fighting him at 154. It would be much more impressive if he fought him at Middleweight, but 154 would be pretty solid also. Some poster on another board claimed that he got word that the fight is a real possibility. He said he had heard it from the trainer of Martinez on some radio show. We will see.

I would love to see it @ 154 maybe it will not happen IMO, I think he is smoking FMJ nutt dander in a crack pipe!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.