Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chavez Jr. vs. Canelo/ and Donaire vs. Mares/Agbeko
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Allmenjoi8
Apparently Chavez Jr. wants to take out Canelo. It would be a good fight if Chavez Jr. could actually box, he has hype and a name that sells tickets. I think Canelo would easily put Chavez Jr. If Chavez Jr. loses can he still sell his name? Any predictions with this fight?

Also the winner of Agbeko and Mares should they try and fight Donaire and would the fight be competitive?
Cshel86
The weight would be an issue in this fight. Chavez Jr came in against Zbik at 180 lbs on fight night, smh. I dont even believe Zbik hit 170 lbs that night, so he was fighting a cruiserweight that night. Chavez is lazy as hell, and nothing about him in the ring impresses me (just my opinion). Canelo would either have to go up to 160 to fight Chavez, or Chavez would have to come down to 154. It all comes down to the weight issue, and how windbag Arum feels.

As far as the winner of Agbeko/Mares facing Donaire...I dont see either of the two getting past the first 4 rounds dntknw.gif
Fitz
I heard the issue with Canelo vs Chavez Jr is that Arum wants a catchweight at 158, Golden Boy are asking for 156. Based on Chavez last fight, he may struggle to make 158 let a lone 156.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 28 2011, 03:32 PM) *
The weight would be an issue in this fight. Chavez Jr came in against Zbik at 180 lbs on fight night, smh. I dont even believe Zbik hit 170 lbs that night, so he was fighting a cruiserweight that night. Chavez is lazy as hell, and nothing about him in the ring impresses me (just my opinion). Canelo would either have to go up to 160 to fight Chavez, or Chavez would have to come down to 154. It all comes down to the weight issue, and how windbag Arum feels.

As far as the winner of Agbeko/Mares facing Donaire...I dont see either of the two getting past the first 4 rounds dntknw.gif

Yeah I have read rumors that he's a lazy mofo. Then again, you don't really have to hear the rumors to know that, just look at the way he fights, throwing very few punches a round against sub[ar opposition.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 28 2011, 06:10 PM) *
Yeah I have read rumors that he's a lazy mofo. Then again, you don't really have to hear the rumors to know that, just look at the way he fights, throwing very few punches a round against sub[ar opposition.

Yeah he is very lazy, and all he tries to throw is body shots like his dad. Rehydrating 20 pounds over night isn't a good sign at all, and he is notoriously known for it.
kidbazooka1
Canelo beats Chavez by UD and Donaire blows anyone from 122lb and below away.
nyjyant1
is weight really an issue ever? my boy is 6'1 200 pounds and wouldnt be able to last one round with mayweather or pacman, cause he dont have the skill to hang with them, im always confused wen promoters say something about a fight that they want at a certain weight and not 3 pounds over or else!, is 156 really that far from 158? i really dont kno but then again im not a boxer they must have these weight classes for a reason, but then again floyd was 150 and victor was 164, and pacman was 145ish and margarito was like 167 wen they all fought , so iono bro
BoxingEinstein

Chavez will lose to Canelo by UD.

Donaire KO's both Mares and Agbeko within 5 rounds. Donaire is too much for everybody in those lower weights except for maybe Gamboa and notice I said "maybe".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.