Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Future P4P Mikey Angel Garcia
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Seek
Not only his he p4p material but he may be the next star in boxing. Of Mexican decent, Mikey Garcia will capture the public eye with his crowd pleasing style

He's orthodox with an amazing boxer-puncher style. KO power in both hands, good speed, good jab with a great left-hook and even better jab straight right hand. Can box in the center, on the back foot, inside and counter-punch with a great ring iq.

He is stepping his game up and most recently knocked out a game Rafael Guzman in devasting fashion with a perfect 1,2 last june on HBO.

I think he is a VERY special fighter and imo would ktfo the likes of a Gamboa or Juanma Lopez. Personally i'd favor Garcia over Nonito Donaire who is still fighting little guys at 118

WAR GARCIA!!!
EAlbian
QUOTE (Seek @ Sep 28 2011, 03:55 PM) *
Not only his he p4p material but he may be the next star in boxing. Of Mexican decent, Mikey Garcia will capture the public eye with his crowd pleasing style

He's orthodox with an amazing boxer-puncher style. KO power in both hands, good speed, good jab with a great left-hook and even better jab straight right hand. Can box in the center, on the back foot, inside and counter-punch with a great ring iq.

He is stepping his game up and most recently knocked out a game Rafael Guzman in devasting fashion with a perfect 1,2 last june on HBO.

I think he is a VERY special fighter and imo would ktfo the likes of a Gamboa or Juanma Lopez. Personally i'd favor Garcia over Nonito Donaire who is still fighting little guys at 118

WAR GARCIA!!!

Sell. He is average at best, sorry buddy. He gets fucked up by Gamboa, Donaire, Juanma. He loses to Caballero, Rigo, Salido, and Marquez. He's not special and I'd put a sig bet on any of those fights.
Seek
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 28 2011, 04:32 PM) *
Sell. He is average at best, sorry buddy. He gets fucked up by Gamboa, Donaire, Juanma. He loses to Caballero, Rigo, Salido, and Marquez. He's not special and I'd put a sig bet on any of those fights.

Sig bet huh? Woah, calm down there now killer!
HazConvictedFelonMane
Yeah, I have high hopes for this kid. At the end of the day, the blood thirsty fight fans are going to follow the fighters who deliver what we ALL want to see....the KNOCKOUT. I wish Mikey Garcia nothing but success. He's an outstanding young fighter. When he gets to the top of his weight class, we will see how well he fares against fighters who can give as good as they can take. I think calling him a future P4P is jumping the gun a tad bit. We still have plenty more to learn about young Mikey Garcia. I've always said that you can't be on top if you're a bleeder. When I say 'bleeder' see Dawson-Pascal. That's a bleeder.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Seek @ Sep 28 2011, 04:56 PM) *
Sig bet huh? Woah, calm down there now killer!

Seems these days the boards are filled with cowards. Hey bro you're the one on here proclaiming this guy to knock out two current p4p guys, I'm saying he has trouble with the top 4 guys at his weight and a couple from the weight below him. I'm confident in my picks, looks as though you aren't. Its cool if you regret proclaiming this guy to be the next big thing
Seek
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 28 2011, 05:09 PM) *
Seems these days the boards are filled with cowards. Hey bro you're the one on here proclaiming this guy to knock out two current p4p guys, I'm saying he has trouble with the top 4 guys at his weight and a couple from the weight below him. I'm confident in my picks, looks as though you aren't. Its cool if you regret proclaiming this guy to be the next big thing

No need for name calling. Just thought it was funny that you said you are so confident in your opinion that you would place a 'sig bet.' Gave me a good laugh is all, lol.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Seek @ Sep 28 2011, 05:20 PM) *
No need for name calling. Just thought it was funny that you said you are so confident in your opinion that you would place a 'sig bet.' Gave me a good laugh is all, lol.

wasn't just aimed at you, i've been trying to get into some sig bets and so far no takers haha. I'm just trying to have fun in these trying times
TheFonz
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 28 2011, 06:48 PM) *
wasn't just aimed at you, i've been trying to get into some sig bets and so far no takers haha. I'm just trying to have fun in these trying times

if the fight is right, i'll take your sig.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Sep 28 2011, 04:55 PM) *

WAR GARCIA!!!

Garcia is somewhat hesitant about taking on the top fighters in his division, and you can hear it in his voice in his post-fight interviews. He is almost sure that he needs to take on a few more guys before he makes that big step. Of course a fighter is going to say that he is ready for a title shot when asked during an interview, thats just the right thing to say.

That's just like a chick asking you, "Do you think you can handle me?"...of course you're not gonna say, "Well, I think I need a couple more "easy pieces" then I will be ready." Hell no! You will say, "Hell yeah I can handle you girl, I will make a highlight film with your ass!" Whether thats true or not, should answer with confidence...especially if it's an obvious question.

Obviously he folded up Remillard (had his ear swole up, lol) and Guzman (made him do a rolling flip when he went down, lol), but he isn't quite ready for Gamboa, Juanma, Salido, or Donaire (definitely not). If he happens to land a fight with Salido, and gives him a hard time, then I will give him a chance against the weakest link of this group...which could be Juanma or Salido (only because Salido has more than a few loses and Juanma got his clock cleaned by Salido). This doesn't mean that my prediction is accurate, but that is his only chance.

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 28 2011, 05:32 PM) *

Out of all of your picks, I would give Garcia a chance against Caballero because he just loses his focus down the stretch of the fight. Since he lost to Litzau (spell check) last November, I definitely put him on the back burner. Litzau isn't the worst fighter in the world, but those two fighting reminded me of watching kids fight in the sandbox...an Elementary school fight perhaps (back in the 90's, not nowadays...these little bastards are crazy).
duwdu
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Sep 28 2011, 05:05 PM) *
Yeah, I have high hopes for this kid. At the end of the day, the blood thirsty fight fans are going to follow the fighters who deliver what we ALL want to see....the KNOCKOUT. I wish Mikey Garcia nothing but success. He's an outstanding young fighter. When he gets to the top of his weight class, we will see how well he fares against fighters who can give as good as they can take. I think calling him a future P4P is jumping the gun a tad bit. We still have plenty more to learn about young Mikey Garcia. I've always said that you can't be on top if you're a bleeder. When I say 'bleeder' see Dawson-Pascal. That's a bleeder.

Good post.

The additional background story I once read about Mikey is that he is actually a tad hesitant about boxing having to be his career. If care is not taken, that kind of mindset may eventually rob him of an ability to develop a true boxer's instinct. I'd like to see him advance his career in boxing tho'.

P34c3

Cshel86
QUOTE (duwdu @ Sep 29 2011, 06:22 AM) *
Good post.

The additional background story I once read about Mikey is that he is actually a tad hesitant about boxing having to be his career. If care is not taken, that kind of mindset may eventually rob him of an ability to develop a true boxer's instinct. I'd like to see him advance his career in boxing tho'.

P34c3

+1
EAlbian
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 28 2011, 10:06 PM) *
Garcia is somewhat hesitant about taking on the top fighters in his division, and you can hear it in his voice in his post-fight interviews. He is almost sure that he needs to take on a few more guys before he makes that big step. Of course a fighter is going to say that he is ready for a title shot when asked during an interview, thats just the right thing to say.

That's just like a chick asking you, "Do you think you can handle me?"...of course you're not gonna say, "Well, I think I need a couple more "easy pieces" then I will be ready." Hell no! You will say, "Hell yeah I can handle you girl, I will make a highlight film with your ass!" Whether thats true or not, should answer with confidence...especially if it's an obvious question.

Obviously he folded up Remillard (had his ear swole up, lol) and Guzman (made him do a rolling flip when he went down, lol), but he isn't quite ready for Gamboa, Juanma, Salido, or Donaire (definitely not). If he happens to land a fight with Salido, and gives him a hard time, then I will give him a chance against the weakest link of this group...which could be Juanma or Salido (only because Salido has more than a few loses and Juanma got his clock cleaned by Salido). This doesn't mean that my prediction is accurate, but that is his only chance.

Out of all of your picks, I would give Garcia a chance against Caballero because he just loses his focus down the stretch of the fight. Since he lost to Litzau (spell check) last November, I definitely put him on the back burner. Litzau isn't the worst fighter in the world, but those two fighting reminded me of watching kids fight in the sandbox...an Elementary school fight perhaps (back in the 90's, not nowadays...these little bastards are crazy).

I think he gives Caballero a fight i just don't think he wins. Garcia needs to step it up before he's considered even to be WC level. I think the guy is plain, I put more stock in Gary Russell.

I'll take Juanma in the rematch, i think he was distracted and overlooked Salido.

Mikey Garcia vs Salido is a good idea, if he wins you have a Garcia vs Juanma in another Mexico vs PR fight and it maybe builds a future star and provides an out for Garcia with a decent payday before he exits.
caneman
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 29 2011, 03:20 PM) *
I think he gives Caballero a fight i just don't think he wins. Garcia needs to step it up before he's considered even to be WC level. I think the guy is plain, I put more stock in Gary Russell.

I'll take Juanma in the rematch, i think he was distracted and overlooked Salido.

Mikey Garcia vs Salido is a good idea, if he wins you have a Garcia vs Juanma in another Mexico vs PR fight and it maybe builds a future star and provides an out for Garcia with a decent payday before he exits.

I like your post but Juanma looked so slow to me and I am not sure his chin will hold!
EAlbian
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 29 2011, 03:25 PM) *
I like your post but Juanma looked so slow to me and I am not sure his chin will hold!

I can't say you are wrong, we have seen him wobbled quite a few times now. It all really depends on how the guy rebounds, i tend to believe he has the fundamentals and power to still be a top guy in a division(he's like another Cotto to me). I think the days of long discussion over if he can beat Gamboa are long gone but to me he still has more skills than Salido. Salido has been beaten by lesser opponents and maybe that was his last harrah, I'm not sure but I'd like to see the rematch and from what i have seen/read Salido is the one holding it off to make more money.
Cshel86
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 29 2011, 04:20 PM) *

He does need to step it up, because his last few opponents weren't much to talk about. I still give him a chance to actually beat Caballero, and hopes that he gives Salido a hard time. To me, if an up-and-coming fighter gives a world class or dangerous opponent a run for their money, then thats more convincing than him winning the fight by TKO...especially if they weren't favored (skill-wise) to win the fight in the first place. For example, if Ortiz would've had a couple of "Shane Mosley 2nd rounds", or even knocked Floyd down once, then he still could've lost and I would've had faith in him for his next fight...especially if he headlined a PPV. I say that because Ortiz wasn't supposed to win that fight anyway, so a few convincing moments like that would've sold me. Anyway, Garcia will still look bad against world class class at the present time. That PR vs Mexico isn't a bad thought either...I see that somebody needs to look into being a promoter.

QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 29 2011, 04:25 PM) *

I still have my reservations about Juanma in the rematch as well, but who knows. The only difference between Salido hurting him and his past opponents hurting him, is that Salido stayed on his ass the whole time and placed his punches with precision...something that the others failed to do. Juanma had hella distractions before the fight, one of which was the divorce (wifey bouts to cash-in) and he ballooned up in weight (to about 185 lbs I believe) after his prior bout.
EAlbian
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 29 2011, 05:07 PM) *
He does need to step it up, because his last few opponents weren't much to talk about. I still give him a chance to actually beat Caballero, and hopes that he gives Salido a hard time. To me, if an up-and-coming fighter gives a world class or dangerous opponent a run for their money, then thats more convincing than him winning the fight by TKO...especially if they weren't favored (skill-wise) to win the fight in the first place. For example, if Ortiz would've had a couple of "Shane Mosley 2nd rounds", or even knocked Floyd down once, then he still could've lost and I would've had faith in him for his next fight...especially if he headlined a PPV. I say that because Ortiz wasn't supposed to win that fight anyway, so a few convincing moments like that would've sold me. Anyway, Garcia will still look bad against world class class at the present time. That PR vs Mexico isn't a bad thought either...I see that somebody needs to look into being a promoter.

I still have my reservations about Juanma in the rematch as well, but who knows. The only difference between Salido hurting him and his past opponents hurting him, is that Salido stayed on his ass the whole time and placed his punches with precision...something that the others failed to do. Juanma had hella distractions before the fight, one of which was the divorce (wifey bouts to cash-in) and he ballooned up in weight (to about 185 lbs I believe) after his prior bout.

I'd love to be a promoter or a matchmaker, shit i'll take that job at HBO haha.

I think the Salido vs Garcia fight makes sense and give him a shot in it, Salido is the "test" of the 126 lb division. If Caballero is on his game he's hard to beat, another good fight for both guys. Garcia has another HBO date and I'm sure Caballero would like another shot on that stage.

Juanma's head was nowhere near where it needed to be during that fight
caneman
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 29 2011, 04:03 PM) *
I can't say you are wrong, we have seen him wobbled quite a few times now. It all really depends on how the guy rebounds, i tend to believe he has the fundamentals and power to still be a top guy in a division(he's like another Cotto to me). I think the days of long discussion over if he can beat Gamboa are long gone but to me he still has more skills than Salido. Salido has been beaten by lesser opponents and maybe that was his last harrah, I'm not sure but I'd like to see the rematch and from what i have seen/read Salido is the one holding it off to make more money.

Good post again but to me it's how he takes punches, his whole facial expression changes and Salido will take him out again. Don't get me wrong, I understand what you are saying but think Salido will end it in even better fashion this time!!!! And you are right, Salido is the one holding up the rematch it would seem but give me Salido in 6 rounds and this time KTFO!

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 29 2011, 05:07 PM) *

The moral would be don't go up to 185 and keep that chin tucked and pray you don't get hit on the chin! He was so slow and you add that to a bad chin and it's big trouble and I am a fan of Juanma's and I understand about the wifey thing, truth is, when something is up with a man, 8 times outta 10 it will be a women! TRUE STORY!!!!
z
EAlbian
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 29 2011, 06:50 PM) *
Good post again but to me it's how he takes punches, his whole facial expression changes and Salido will take him out again. Don't get me wrong, I understand what you are saying but think Salido will end it in even better fashion this time!!!! And you are right, Salido is the one holding up the rematch it would seem but give me Salido in 6 rounds and this time KTFO!

Again I don't disagree with you, however I disagree haha. I can definitely see where you are coming from and to say Juanma looked uncomfortable in there might be an understatement. I think he thought that Salido would just roll over for him and thats not how it went down. Looks like you're pretty confident, maybe we could get a sig bet?? haha
caneman
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 29 2011, 07:02 PM) *
Again I don't disagree with you, however I disagree haha. I can definitely see where you are coming from and to say Juanma looked uncomfortable in there might be an understatement. I think he thought that Salido would just roll over for him and thats not how it went down. Looks like you're pretty confident, maybe we could get a sig bet?? haha

Juanma vs Salido rematch sig bet? Maybe but it sucks for me cause I truly like Juanma...hit me up when it's signed....I got Gamboa vs anyone @ 126, his problem is he ain't fighting enough, like 3 or 4 times a year for a couple of years!
EAlbian
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 29 2011, 07:09 PM) *
Juanma vs Salido rematch sig bet? Maybe but it sucks for me cause I truly like Juanma...hit me up when it's signed....I got Gamboa vs anyone @ 126, his problem is he ain't fighting enough, like 3 or 4 times a year for a couple of years!

haha, i've been trying to get into a sig bet for so long. this board is full of COWARDS these days, thats right you heard me FightHype. Hype I propose a mandatory Sig bet for all new posters or they suffer banishment.

I'll take Donaire over Gamboa, i think he has the right combo of speed/athleticism/and distance to catch him. I also like Broner, i think the kid might be special. He needs to be fighting way more tho
caneman
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 29 2011, 07:23 PM) *
haha, i've been trying to get into a sig bet for so long. this board is full of COWARDS these days, thats right you heard me FightHype. Hype I propose a mandatory Sig bet for all new posters or they suffer banishment.

I'll take Donaire over Gamboa, i think he has the right combo of speed/athleticism/and distance to catch him. I also like Broner, i think the kid might be special. He needs to be fighting way more tho

Broner vs Gamboa would be great IMO and I love the idea of Donaire vs Gamboa be if it's gonna happen it better be really soon cause I think Gamboa is going up so maybe the Broner fight has a good chance and really soon. One thing, I like Donaire's style to give Gamboa issues but I think he might be too small...what a style match up though huh? WHEWWWWWWWWWWWWW

And on a sig bet, we can try to figure one out if we don't end up agreeing on the winner!
EAlbian
QUOTE (caneman @ Sep 29 2011, 07:47 PM) *
Broner vs Gamboa would be great IMO and I love the idea of Donaire vs Gamboa be if it's gonna happen it better be really soon cause I think Gamboa is going up so maybe the Broner fight has a good chance and really soon. One thing, I like Donaire's style to give Gamboa issues but I think he might be too small...what a style match up though huh? WHEWWWWWWWWWWWWW

And on a sig bet, we can try to figure one out if we don't end up agreeing on the winner!

I think Broner is still too green for that one, he needs a couple more fights. I think that one happens @135, but thats a GBP vs TR fight and I'm not sure Bobby wants to give up a blue chipper like Gamboa to a GBP fighter. Rios vs Gamboa is more likely imo.

Donaire is actually the bigger fighter, he's got 3in in reach and at least an inch and a half in height. They both come in around 140 fight night too.

Donaire vs Gamboa is the best match that can be made on a p4p scale outside of Mayweather vs Pac. This one might might take some time to make, I'd love to see Gamboa climb the divisions and Donaire chase him up there. Lots of good fights to be made along the way
Seek
Juanma will beat Salido in a rematch no doubt about it.

Donaire will check that chin of Gamboa.

Garcia will take any of them to war. He is world class level, he just needs to step up
EAlbian
QUOTE (Seek @ Sep 30 2011, 11:18 AM) *
Juanma will beat Salido in a rematch no doubt about it.

Donaire will check that chin of Gamboa.

Garcia will take any of them to war. He is world class level, he just needs to step up

Thats the thinking and false confidence that got Juanma KO'd the first time

Donaire has never fought a guy above 118, it's possible but very premature

but you won't put down a sig bet huh? what fight has shown you he's world class?
Sicko
Gamboa vs Donaire is only big with BOXING FANS

Casual Fans don't have a CLUE WHO THEY ARE...don't get me wrong I am a big fan of both but get out on the streets and ask around...you would shocked as to how many people don't even know who they are

so a Gamboa vs Donaire is not anywhere close to being as big as Mayweather vs Pacquiao...Gamboa vs JuanMa, hell neither one of them has Headline a PPV Event I don't think, so who even knows just how well they can Draw? Casual fans are just not that interested in the "SMALLER GUYS" and sadly it has always been like that

Next Big Match after Mayweather vs Pacquiao is probably one of them vs Martinez and even Martinez is not well known

As for Mikey Garcia, his is VERY TALENTED but he is not Ready for Gamboa or Donaire...Slow Down with the Mikey Garcia hype
EAlbian
QUOTE (Sicko @ Sep 30 2011, 12:37 PM) *

Casual Fans don't have a CLUE WHO THEY ARE...don't get me wrong I am a big fan of both but get out on the streets and ask around...you would shocked as to how many people don't even know who they are

so a Gamboa vs Donaire is not anywhere close to being as big as Mayweather vs Pacquiao...Gamboa vs JuanMa, hell neither one of them has Headline a PPV Event I don't think, so who even knows just how well they can Draw? Casual fans are just not that interested in the "SMALLER GUYS" and sadly it has always been like that

Next Big Match after Mayweather vs Pacquiao is probably one of them vs Martinez and even Martinez is not well known

As for Mikey Garcia, his is VERY TALENTED but he is not Ready for Gamboa or Donaire...Slow Down with the Mikey Garcia hype

Obviously you didn't read what I wrote. Donaire vs Gamboa is the best match that can be made on a "p4p scale" outside of Mayweather vs Pac. Popularity has nothing to do with it, skill set does. If you would have talked about Pac vs May 5 years ago people would have laughed in your face, things can change in less than 5 years, shit things change in a blink of an eye in boxing. Paul Williams was p4p #3 at this time last year.

Obviously the next biggest thing outside of Pac vs May is Pac or May vs anybody else because NO one can draw like them right now.

Mikey Garcia is far from "very" talented, kids got talent but he's not special
Seek
QUOTE (Sicko @ Sep 30 2011, 12:37 PM) *

I hear you. . .

Of course Garcia isn't going to fight those guys next but he is a very well schooled boxer with lots of power whom I see posing problems for the top fighters like Gamboa and Lopez who have tasted the canvas more than I like to see.

Now how about that Adrien Broner? He's another special fighter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.