Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bernard Hopkins vs Chad Dawson
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
HazConvictedFelonMane
Does anyone besides me think that this PPV will be a stinker? I just wanna know. Chad Dawson said he left Emmanuel Steward so he can be the old Chad Dawson. I find myself thinking that the old Chad Dawson lost his bid for the title against Jean Pascal. I wonder if Bernard Hopkins will be defensive, and negate whatever Dawson tries to do, while doing just enough to win a decision. Will Hopkins play dirty? Will Dawson piss blood from his head again? Will Hopkins get wobbled and dropped again? I know that I'll be catching the fight the following week because the next time I buy PPV, will be when Mayweather laces up again.
TheFonz
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Sep 28 2011, 08:35 PM) *
Does anyone besides me think that this PPV will be a stinker? I just wanna know. Chad Dawson said he left Emmanuel Steward so he can be the old Chad Dawson. I find myself thinking that the old Chad Dawson lost his bid for the title against Jean Pascal. I wonder if Bernard Hopkins will be defensive, and negate whatever Dawson tries to do, while doing just enough to win a decision. Will Hopkins play dirty? Will Dawson piss blood from his head again? Will Hopkins get wobbled and dropped again? I know that I'll be catching the fight the following week because the next time I buy PPV, will be when Mayweather laces up again.

Against Bernard, the old Chad Dawson will do better then the one who fought under Steward.
Mean Mister Mustard
It won't be a barn burner, but if you like skills, and appreciate watching a 46 year old man who can hang in there with a younger world class foe for 12 rounds, then that will be entertaining enough.
EHonda
The whole fight depends on Dawson and his team.

You aren't going to KO Bernard. You need to outwork him. As much as I hate Calfaggy, it was his workrate that won that fight.

If Dawsons team comes up with a gameplan and sticks with it, he can win the fight, he has all the tools to do so.

Being that it's Chad Dawson, he'll more than likely fall right into any traps Hopkins sets for him and lose a UD 12 while barely throwing punches and not understanding whats going on.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (EHonda @ Sep 28 2011, 09:31 PM) *
The whole fight depends on Dawson and his team.

You aren't going to KO Bernard. You need to outwork him. As much as I hate Calfaggy, it was his workrate that won that fight.

If Dawsons team comes up with a gameplan and sticks with it, he can win the fight, he has all the tools to do so.

Being that it's Chad Dawson, he'll more than likely fall right into any traps Hopkins sets for him and lose a UD 12 while barely throwing punches and not understanding whats going on.

That really is the key. Can Dawson be active and effective at the same time? Like you said, Calzaghe's workrate won the fight, but he also coupled that with some solid defense after the 4th round. Dawson has the same flaw that Pascal has which is that he doesn't fight 3 minutes of every round. That falls right into Nard's hands, as he can fight his old man pace. Dawson does possess an advantage over Pascal: He has a jab.
alaganza
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 28 2011, 10:02 PM) *
That really is the key. Can Dawson be active and effective at the same time? Like you said, Calzaghe's workrate won the fight, but he also coupled that with some solid defense after the 4th round. Dawson has the same flaw that Pascal has which is that he doesn't fight 3 minutes of every round. That falls right into Nard's hands, as he can fight his old man pace. Dawson does possess an advantage over Pascal: He has a jab.

Love this post. I just told my buddy the other day if Dawson can make him fight 3 minutes every round he has a great chance. At this point in his career, I just don't believe Bernard can fight effectively for 3 minutes every round.

Don't see this fight as a FOY candidate by any stretch. I would be more excited if it were Tavoris Cloud though. thumbsup_anim.gif
E.C.LEGEND
I don't think Hopkins wins at all. Dawson is a better version of Taylor and who won those fights? Dawson is going to jab and putt shot his way to an easy boring victory.
AlynK
I dunno, I can see this fight going either way. Bernard Hopkins is still making for good fights but he's 46. I don't know how much longer he can take fighting boxers almost 20 yrs younger than him. My opinion is, I feel like once a boxer get in their 40s (let alone late 40s) it can become a toss up. But like someone else said, I think this fight will depend more on Dawson, his team & how they decide to execute their gameplan.
BigG
Hopkins UD
kingknockout
bernard hit and holds to a victory or tries to get out of the fight by getting the ref on his side.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.