Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ortiz: I'll do the rematch for FREE
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Method
http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/169364-...ot-im-moving-on

"The reason I want the rematch is not for the money, but for the integrity, the dignity and the honor of our sport and for the fans. If Floyd Mayweather wants to give me the rematch, then I will be waiting for him with open arms."- V. Ortiz

I believe all the open arms are what got you in this grovelling position in the first place. You should have said "I'll be waiting for him with my guard up". You'd probably have a better shot at securing the rematch.

"If he doesn't want to give us the rematch, then we will move on, and we'll see him in the Hall of Fame in about 15 years.- V. Ortiz

As what? An asterisk on Floyd's record? The ONLY way we see Victor Ortiz's name in the HOF is if they list all of Mayweather's bouts on a plaque under his bust.

"If he does want to give us the rematch, to show that it's not for the money, we will do it for free.

We won't be making any more comments, and basically, that's my final statement that I'm putting out there.I'm on my way to Paris very shortly".- V. Ortiz

For WHAT, motherfucker? So you can kiss people on BOTH cheeks and not get beat down for it? WTF? Did Swanson approve this shit? This kid has commit career suicide.

Shaking My Fucking Head.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 29 2011, 03:18 PM) *

I believe all the open arms are what got you in this grovelling position in the first place. You should have said "I'll be waiting for him with my guard up". You'd probably have a better shot at securing the rematch.

As what? An asterisk on Floyd's record? The ONLY way we see Victor Ortiz's name in the HOF is if they list all of Mayweather's bouts on a plaque under his bust.

For WHAT, motherfucker? So you can kiss people on BOTH cheeks and not get beat down for it? WTF? Did Swanson approve this shit? This kid has commit career suicide.

Shaking My Fucking Head.

haha. at least he's not commenting on this anymore... because we were all listening and waiting for this nonsense.

He's like the Kanye West of boxing, he just cant shut the fuck up
duwdu
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 29 2011, 03:18 PM) *

Shaking My Fucking Head.

All appropriate responses Method. Seems the guy is back to earth, but I will not count him out of his shrilling, under-16 ways just yet.

P34c3
Jack 1000
Ortiz I think is just too nice to be a fighter. Nice guys finish last as the saying goes. Sorry Victor, your a cool kid to hang out with, but you don't have the heart of a champion and will quit in pressure situations.

I see images of Kermit Cintron in this guy.

Jack
flazi

i lol'z.
checkHook
Freaking Space Cadet...you not fighting no one in that ring for free so stop it. Angle for Pacquiao, he might just say yes if recent history is anything to go buy (assuming the Mayweather/Bradley fight doesn't go through).
Cshel86
Just when I thought I had nothing else to laugh at today...I opened this thread. Hahahahaha!!! Dammit man! I dont know what you do for a living Method, but you need to pack it all in and find Ortiz fast! This guy is in dier need of a Public Relations Representative or one with a brain anyway. Some of this shit that's flying out of his mouth, has me in an extreme state of shock and awe. Whoever works for him should be ashamed, to say the least.

He is about to make me rate FMJ as the hardest puncher at 147, because obviously his screws have been knocked loose. That last right hand landed and snapped this kid's head back like a Pez Dispenser, now we have to listen to him ride out this extreme state of denial with these wild statements.

So yeah Method, fly out to L.A., find Ortiz, catch his current PR Rep with a 2-piece to the gut and tell him he's fired, slap Ortiz and show him a transcript of his retarded statements, and tell him that you are his new Rep! Problem solved!
TheFonz
Really not surprised. This is just what we are all going to going to have to expect from this kid for rest of the time anybody is paying him any attention.
King Eugene
His age is starting to show. He's young and making dumb comments. Put a muzzle on him!
thehype
What's REALLY sad is that it's his manager, Rolando Arellano, calling all the shot as far as what he should say and do. Shaking My Fucking Head at Arellano.
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (thehype @ Sep 29 2011, 07:39 PM) *
What's REALLY sad is that it's his manager, Rolando Arellano, calling all the shot as far as what he should say and do. Shaking My Fucking Head at Arellano.

Isn't that common with most boxer who sign with big headed promoters? Arellano is an idiot from what I'v seen and heard from him.

Victor won't get that rematch even if he beats Berto again. Floyd did more damage to that kid than Berto did in that 6th round of their fight.

Pacman should fight either Berto or Ortiz next, I'm getting tired of him ducking the other top welterweights. It's time after he KO's Marquez he face a top 10 welter on a good win behind him. So Pacman vs Berto 2012 and Floyd vs Khan or Martinez 2012.
pimpfighterROQ
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Sep 29 2011, 07:07 PM) *
Isn't that common with most boxer who sign with big headed promoters? Arellano is an idiot from what I'v seen and heard from him.

Victor won't get that rematch even if he beats Berto again. Floyd did more damage to that kid than Berto did in that 6th round of their fight.

Pacman should fight either Berto or Ortiz next, I'm getting tired of him ducking the other top welterweights. It's time after he KO's Marquez he face a top 10 welter on a good win behind him. So Pacman vs Berto 2012 and Floyd vs Khan or Martinez 2012.

Pleease...when Pacquiao fights either Berto or Ortiz, haters will say "Oh he fought leftovers". Berto was Ortiz's leftovers, Ortiz was Maidana's leftovers.

Face it there are no good competition out there for either guys at welterweight except Mayweather. These "young, strong lions" are not tough enough to compete with the best. At least Cotto, Margarito even Mosley got in there and fought like champions and not quit like a pussy or got exposed with their glass chins...

Pacquiao and Mayweather period!
EAlbian
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Sep 29 2011, 07:29 PM) *
Pleease...when Pacquiao fights either Berto or Ortiz, haters will say "Oh he fought leftovers". Berto was Ortiz's leftovers, Ortiz was Maidana's leftovers.

Face it there are no good competition out there for either guys at welterweight except Mayweather. These "young, strong lions" are not tough enough to compete with the best. At least Cotto, Margarito even Mosley got in there and fought like champions and not quit like a pussy or got exposed with their glass chins...

I dont want to see pac vs either right now. If he doesn't fight Mayweather the only acceptable opponent is Bradley right now and I don't really wanna see that either. There needs to be a welter tourney to bring up the "next" guy

Sweet name bro haha
AlynK
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 29 2011, 05:56 PM) *
His age is starting to show. He's young and making dumb comments. Put a muzzle on him!

At this point his age has nothing to do with it. I'm young & i wouldn't say half the stuff he says if I was in his place. So now I just think he's a fucktard. A young, fucktard waiting with open arms. And I say that with all due respect even though he probably doesn't deserve it.
EAlbian
QUOTE (AlynK @ Sep 29 2011, 07:51 PM) *
At this point his age has nothing to do with it. I'm young & i wouldn't say half the stuff he says if I was in his place. So now I just think he's a fucktard. A young, fucktard waiting with open arms. And I say that with all due respect even though he probably doesn't deserve it.

haha, cosign!!

BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Sep 29 2011, 08:29 PM) *

Fuck that shit!! I'm sorry we won't get Mayweather vs Pacman any time soon because of Bob Arum. I have decided today, earlier this morning after recollecting a bunch of articles, interviews, legit papers, consulting people who know the industry I have concluded that Arum will not allow Pacman to face Mayweather till he believes Pacman is on retirement level.

I think with all the knowledge I've gained so far from outside looking in, it seems Arum doesn't have much faith in Pacman as I previously thought. I think he believes Pacman will lose to Floyd and his cashcow status will drop which means no more big money for Bob. Arum is a snake but a very smart man if he believes this why not milk Pacman against other opponents and allow people to believe Mayweather is ducking him. It makes the fight bigger and their rivalry deeper.

I like Pacman as a fighter and I believe he will be competitive for Mayweather but I really think Arum doesn't feel the same. I think neither fighter is scared of the other but Arum is to me the big wall behind why the fight hasn't happened.

I'm no hater I personally would love to see Berto vs Pacman, it would be an explosive fight with 2 fighters who got power and speed. It would be a war until Pacman curb stomps Berto in the 8th or 9th round by TKO. Ortiz vs Pacman is another good fight unless he quits again which he might against a guy like Pacquiao.

If it took Floyd fighting Ortiz to convince you that these "Young,strong, hungry, and primed lions" aren't ready for the elites then you're definitely way behind.
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 29 2011, 08:50 PM) *
I dont want to see pac vs either right now. If he doesn't fight Mayweather the only acceptable opponent is Bradley right now and I don't really wanna see that either. There needs to be a welter tourney to bring up the "next" guy

Sweet name bro haha

HBO needs to get behind that welter tourney idea, right now! Khan, Matthysse, Maidana, Ortiz, Berto, and Bradley would all be fights I would pay my money to watch.

Single elimination too?? Genius!! Absolute genius. Winner gets to face Floyd or Pacman by then they might be ready to face either.
EAlbian
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Sep 29 2011, 08:08 PM) *
Fuck that shit!! I'm sorry we won't get Mayweather vs Pacman any time soon because of Bob Arum. I have decided today, earlier this morning after recollecting a bunch of articles, interviews, legit papers, consulting people who know the industry I have concluded that Arum will not allow Pacman to face Mayweather till he believes Pacman is on retirement level.

I think with all the knowledge I've gained so far from outside looking in, it seems Arum doesn't have much faith in Pacman as I previously thought. I think he believes Pacman will lose to Floyd and his cashcow status will drop which means no more big money for Bob. Arum is a snake but a very smart man if he believes this why not milk Pacman against other opponents and allow people to believe Mayweather is ducking him. It makes the fight bigger and their rivalry deeper.

I like Pacman as a fighter and I believe he will be competitive for Mayweather but I really think Arum doesn't feel the same. I think neither fighter is scared of the other but Arum is to me the big wall behind why the fight hasn't happened.

I've been saying this for years, I'm glad finally someone else see this a very realistic possibility. I think its a great fight that is competitive and don't believe that Mayweather steamrolls him but I don't see how this doesn't make sense to others.
Cshel86
QUOTE (thehype @ Sep 29 2011, 07:39 PM) *

Dammit Arellano! He actually speaks with authority and creeps me the heck out when he talks all serious and stuff. He made the hair on the back of my neck stand up when he talked at those press conferences, smh. He needs to help Ortiz quickly, but its almost too late. Im convinced that he isn't getting paid enough to manage a quitter.

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Sep 29 2011, 08:07 PM) *

He doesn't care who he fights, its all about the low risk high reward method...same for Mayweather.

QUOTE (AlynK @ Sep 29 2011, 08:51 PM) *

Well from what I know, Maidana didn't beat you to submission and Mayweather didn't snap your head back like a Pez Dispenser, with two hard punches...so you never know what you will say until this happens. Its worse that it happened in a packed arena both times, so at this point, he probably feels that he needs to do his best to cover it up. Lol. Though I make jokes about Ortiz, I just hope and pray that this guy isn't suicidal.
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 29 2011, 09:29 PM) *
Dammit Arellano! He actually speaks with authority and creeps me the heck out when he talks all serious and stuff. He made the hair on the back of my neck stand up when he talked at those press conferences, smh. He needs to help Ortiz quickly, but its almost too late. Im convinced that he isn't getting paid enough to manage a quitter.

He doesn't care who he fights, its all about the low risk high reward method...same for Mayweather.

Well from what I know, Maidana didn't beat you to submission and Mayweather didn't snap your head back like a Pez Dispenser, with two hard punches...so you never know what you will say until this happens. Its worse that it happened in a packed arena both times, so at this point, he probably feels that he needs to do his best to cover it up. Lol. Though I make jokes about Ortiz, I just hope and pray that this guy isn't suicidal.

Your right. Mayweather does it too and I really hope he faces Martinez next year. Ortiz has become the laughing stock of boxing once again. Many highly respected individuals have touted him as an idiot, punk, bitch and other demeaning names. He was stupid for trying to outbox Mayweather for the 3 rounds he was in. It got more interesting when he abandoned boxing him and started to throw bombs like there's no tomorrow.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 29 2011, 03:24 PM) *
haha. at least he's not commenting on this anymore... because we were all listening and waiting for this nonsense.

He's like the Kanye West of boxing, he just cant shut the fuck up

At least Kayne puts on a good performance. I have to vouch for that. He didn't leave me feeling like I spent (his money) on crap, this was the Kayne West of College Drop out and Late Registration

When he said Paris I know his ass isn't talking about France, I am sure he is talking about Perris California. Because the way he is blowing through that 2.5 that is the only trip he will be able to afford. Not only that but why would May fight you again?? Oscar should of never let Ortiz stiff that last white line.

This is what Ortiz should do: Lay low, get his mind right, get a fight with Berto or Maidana. Never mention Floyd again, say it was a lesson learned and keep it pushing. Because right now he isn't the Kayne West of boxing he is the Vanilla Ice of boxing...
EAlbian
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 29 2011, 09:14 PM) *
At least Kayne puts on a good performance. I have to vouch for that. He didn't leave me feeling like I spent (his money) on crap, this was the Kayne West of College Drop out and Late Registration

When he said Paris I know his ass isn't talking about France, I am sure he is talking about Perris California. Because the way he is blowing through that 2.5 that is the only trip he will be able to afford. Not only that but why would May fight you again?? Oscar should of never let Ortiz stiff that last white line.

This is what Ortiz should do: Lay low, get his mind right, get a fight with Berto or Maidana. Never mention Floyd again, say it was a lesson learned and keep it pushing. Because right now he isn't the Kayne West of boxing he is the Vanilla Ice of boxing...

A good performance 5 years ago? Ortiz put on a great fight this year haha. Ortiz has a long career a head of him, you make it seem as though he's done after this 2.5mill, he's 24!! not 35. The guy makes for good fights, GBP is not close to done with him(they literally have 10 guys to recycle him through right now). He will fight again in the next 6mo for upwards of 500k prob closer to a million. He's Kanye, he says dumb shit without the closest thing to a thought before it. For a period in time Vanilla Ice was 10x bigger than Kanye will ever be, word to your mother
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 29 2011, 09:28 PM) *
A good performance 5 years ago? Ortiz put on a great fight this year haha. Ortiz has a long career a head of him, you make it seem as though he's done after this 2.5mill, he's 24!! not 35. The guy makes for good fights, GBP is not close to done with him(they literally have 10 guys to recycle him through right now). He will fight again in the next 6mo for upwards of 500k prob closer to a million. He's Kanye, he says dumb shit without the closest thing to a thought before it. For a period in time Vanilla Ice was 10x bigger than Kanye will ever be, word to your mother

Well Vanilla Ice had one of the best songs of the 90s (Ice Ice Baby was hot, screw what you heard) he dated Madonna (who didn't) and he even starred in a Ninja Turtle movie. The point is, he was at the height of his music career and one day that shit was done! I don't deal with Kayne anymore. His music sucks and his beats are sorry. Horrible. Back to Vicious, he is 24 but he is making dumb decisions. Look at boxers that were his age, who are legends now.. they took their career serious. They did not go on a victory world tour after a loss. Who does that? I just think those cameras and exposure got to him. The thing is he is an exciting fighter but the print is out on him. How do you beat Ortiz? mentally and you break him down. So if he loses his next matches (big if) then what? That is all I am saying. He has to win now, he has to, his career depends on it.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 29 2011, 09:39 PM) *
Well Vanilla Ice had one of the best songs of the 90s (Ice Ice Baby was hot, screw what you heard) he dated Madonna (who didn't) and he even starred in a Ninja Turtle movie. The point is, he was at the height of his music career and one day that shit was done! I don't deal with Kayne anymore. His music sucks and his beats are sorry. Horrible. Back to Vicious, he is 24 but he is making dumb decisions. Look at boxers that were his age, who are legends now.. they took their career serious. They did not go on a victory world tour after a loss. Who does that? I just think those cameras and exposure got to him. The thing is he is an exciting fighter but the print is out on him. How do you beat Ortiz? mentally and you break him down. So if he loses his next matches (big if) then what? That is all I am saying. He has to win now, he has to, his career depends on it.

He just fought 2 weeks ago, he's allowed a vacation. Nothing can get to Ortiz's head, he's retarded. Fighters his age don't get this kind of exposure, let him enjoy it for the time being. He trains hard but he's not elite, against the best he will always fail. He's a Vargas without the meanness, GBP knows what they are doing with him. He'll be fine.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 29 2011, 10:39 PM) *

fighters trying to get paid. do you think Ortiz is doing all of the shit outside of boxing for free? he's striking while the iron is hot. and to even have all the offers he's getting outside of boxing means there's a demand for him. getting mainstream attention will only help his boxing career. i would rather see a fighter build a bigger fan base between fights than them sitting around and eating burritos, he's taking the initiative to go out and get it.
EAlbian
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Sep 29 2011, 10:11 PM) *
fighters trying to get paid. do you think Ortiz is doing all of the shit outside of boxing for free? he's striking while the iron is hot. and to even have all the offers he's getting outside of boxing means there's a demand for him. getting mainstream attention will only help his boxing career. i would rather see a fighter build a bigger fan base between fights than them sitting around and eating burritos, he's taking the initiative to go out and get it.

cosign
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 29 2011, 10:28 PM) *

Ortiz was talking about retirement 5 fights ago,...why should we expect him to fight till he's 35?..lls
Method
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 29 2011, 10:14 PM) *
Because right now he isn't the Kayne West of boxing he is the Vanilla Ice of boxing...

Most relevant thing you've said since you came on the scene.

Now all's we need is Al Haymon to show up at 'Nilla Ortiz's hotel room and hang him over a balcony.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 30 2011, 04:08 AM) *
Most relevant thing you've said since you came on the scene.

Now all's we need is Al Haymon to show up at 'Nilla Ortiz's hotel room and hang him over a balcony.

I don't think Al Haymon is he Suge Knight type. I guess coming from you this is a compliment. The world must be ending.
Method
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Sep 30 2011, 10:53 AM) *
I don't think Al Haymon is he Suge Knight type.

Na. Al Haymon more like the Frank Lucas type.
Cshel86
Yeah Al Haymon has too much power and he's too quiet...never wants to be seen...signs of a real mafia member (possibly). You wont know a real mafia member until you cross one...and who's to say that you will live to tell about it? Watch out for these lawyers, school teachers, therapists, bankers, and so forth, who hold a valuable position in this world and dont care to advertise that they're gangsters. He doesn't have to be as dumb and public about his monopolizing management skills as Suge Knight was, and I laugh so hard at all these guys on television advertising their gang affiliation and so forth...very stupid.

Oh yeah...I wonder how big of a surfboard Ortiz bought with his check. laugh.gif
AlynK
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 29 2011, 08:29 PM) *

Even though I never got my ass kicked by Maidana and KO’d by Mayweather before I highly doubt I would have said anything remotely close to what he’s said in the past few weeks. I just feel like every boxer should hold themselves to a higher standard and not say whatever spews out of their mouth. That’s not too much to ask. Just think it through before you speak or get someone to think for you. It’s hard to defend this level of stupidity.
mgrover
i think the best thing he can do is join top rank so arum will do all the talking for him.
Cshel86
QUOTE (AlynK @ Sep 30 2011, 11:33 AM) *
Even though I never got my ass kicked by Maidana and KO’d by Mayweather before I highly doubt I would have said anything remotely close to what he’s said in the past few weeks. I just feel like every boxer should hold themselves to a higher standard and not say whatever spews out of their mouth. That’s not too much to ask. Just think it through before you speak or get someone to think for you. It’s hard to defend this level of stupidity.

If only Victor thought like us, then we wouldn't have to withstand his stupidity...but it's not a perfect world.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Sep 30 2011, 11:44 AM) *
i think the best thing he can do is join top rank so arum will do all the talking for him.

That fell through a long time ago...thats how he ended up with GBP.
THands126
Ortiz will likely wind up as a champ of one of the 154 belts, in which case he will be shuttled into other fights he probably shouldn't be in.
Cshel86
At this point, he just needs to enjoy his time off and refuse these interviews at all costs. I know that he has to promote himself outside of boxing, but if its counterproductive, then leave it alone. Obviously his team is taking some sort of break, because these silly statements shouldn't even be leaving his mouth.
EAlbian
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 30 2011, 01:49 PM) *
At this point, he just needs to enjoy his time off and refuse these interviews at all costs. I know that he has to promote himself outside of boxing, but if its counterproductive, then leave it alone. Obviously his team is taking some sort of break, because these silly statements shouldn't even be leaving his mouth.

any publicity is good publicity. he needs to stay relevant, he's the guy who got cheapshotted by Mayweather. Best thing that could have ever happened to the kid. Let him run his dumb mouth, I say it only helps him sell fights in the future. Only real boxing fans will take offense to it and they will tune in to watch him lose. its really win-win for him
Cshel86
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Sep 30 2011, 02:56 PM) *
any publicity is good publicity. he needs to stay relevant, he's the guy who got cheapshotted by Mayweather. Best thing that could have ever happened to the kid. Let him run his dumb mouth, I say it only helps him sell fights in the future. Only real boxing fans will take offense to it and they will tune in to watch him lose. its really win-win for him

I guess you're right about this being the best thing that ever happened to him. I thought about it that way at first, but I just chose to not give him that much credit because he found a way out of a big fight, and Im sure he will begging for more in the near future (besides the rematch). Im just really gettin' tired of that stupid smile of his, but hey, I cant knock him at the end of the day.
JONdaCON817
But do any of you remedial bastards actually believe that He'd fight for free??

Wasnt he poor as shyt? what kinda bum washes your windshield and doesnt ask for atleast a dollar?
Method
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Sep 30 2011, 07:37 PM) *
But do any of you remedial bastards actually believe that He'd fight for free??

Wasnt he poor as shyt? what kinda bum washes your windshield and doesnt ask for atleast a dollar?

Not for a second. And IF he did, he'd get grimier a second time.
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Sep 30 2011, 06:14 PM) *
I guess you're right about this being the best thing that ever happened to him. I thought about it that way at first, but I just chose to not give him that much credit because he found a way out of a big fight, and Im sure he will begging for more in the near future (besides the rematch). Im just really gettin' tired of that stupid smile of his, but hey, I cant knock him at the end of the day.

I really would love Ortiz to give Maidana a rematch so he can wipe that smile off his face and I see Maidana stronger in the heigher weights.
King Eugene
Ortiz wont fight for free. He'd get some type of endorsement or something. He'll his God Oscar would even slip him something.

Does anybody know if Oscar made good with that bet though?
Method
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 30 2011, 07:47 PM) *
Ortiz wont fight for free. He'd get some type of endorsement or something. He'll his God Oscar would even slip him something.

Does anybody know if Oscar made good with that bet though?

They never bet.

Floyd offered a wager. it was never consummated.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 30 2011, 07:48 PM) *
They never bet.

Ah alright. Preciate that...
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Sep 30 2011, 07:43 PM) *
I really would love Ortiz to give Maidana a rematch so he can wipe that smile off his face and I see Maidana stronger in the heigher weights.

I dont think Ortiz is ready to be forced to retire this soon. Shiiit, Maidana had him thinking about retirement just 2 years ago.

QUOTE (Method @ Sep 30 2011, 07:48 PM) *
They never bet.

Oscar should've done what he had to do and bet against Ortiz for that $2.5M...hell, he knows GBP needs that money.
pesticid
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Sep 30 2011, 07:43 PM) *

I think Maidana is overrated, he lucked out that Ortiz didn't finish him and practically made his name off Victor. He barely got up from the body shot from Khan, I am not sure if it was by the end of the round but kind of got lucky there. He went life and death with Eric Morales and won it only casue Eric's eye was shut close, otherwise Eric would've schooled him. Victor Cayo was outboxing him for crying out loud. I think Juan Urango beats the shit ouit of him, so does mathysse, and even josesito lopez beats him.
Cshel86
QUOTE (pesticid @ Sep 30 2011, 11:48 PM) *
I think Maidana is overrated, he lucked out that Ortiz didn't finish him and practically made his name off Victor. He barely got up from the body shot from Khan, I am not sure if it was by the end of the round but kind of got lucky there. He went life and death with Eric Morales and won it only casue Eric's eye was shut close, otherwise Eric would've schooled him. Victor Cayo was outboxing him for crying out loud. I think Juan Urango beats the shit ouit of him, so does mathysse, and even josesito lopez beats him.

Maidana is one of those guys who doesn't care how sloppy his technique is, he goes for broke, and makes you dig deep in every fight, regardless. Ortiz couldn't finish him, and thats why he (Ortiz) had a mental lapse and ended up waving the white flag. When Ortiz was ready for the fight to be over, Maidana was just getting started. Maidana and Ortiz will always be attached to eachother, just as Morales/Barrera, Morlaes/Pacquiao, JMM/Pacquiao....because Maidana brought the whole Ortiz "quit session" factor to fruition.

Maidana truly tests guys, and if it weren't for his fight with Morales, I would have never given Morales the time of day for any future bouts...and Im a fan of his. The whole idea of Morales vs Maidana, brought genuine concern to any observer, but watching Morales weather the storm of The Testand fight hard (though he still lost)...it replenished my confidence in Morales as still being a competitor for the remainder of his career, which is on borrowed time.
CrazyBuffalO
Ortiz’ best chance now is to fight Pacquiao. It would be a mutually beneficial match for both of them (not just money-wise).

1. Pacquiao could take advantage of such a fight to boost his public image by defeating Ortiz in a so-called “sportsmanly” manner.

2. Ortiz likewise could take this opportunity to shout to the world “Hey guys see, at least Pacquiao beat me in a fair manner. I really think he is the best P4P boxer out there instead of Mayweather!”

So you know they could really cook a fight like this one. It wouldn’t be a surprise, since both Pacquiao and Ortiz hate Mayweather. They could make a scripted fight like this happen. It’s a win-win for both of them. And their fans would believe it.

And if this ever happen, remember who said it. Don’t forget my royalty fee for such a brilliant idea!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Oct 1 2011, 11:35 AM) *
Ortiz’ best chance now is to fight Pacquiao. It would be a mutually beneficial match for both of them (not just money-wise).

1. Pacquiao could take advantage of such a fight to boost his public image by defeating Ortiz in a so-called “sportsmanly” manner.

2. Ortiz likewise could take this opportunity to shout to the world “Hey guys see, at least Pacquiao beat me in a fair manner. I really think he is the best P4P boxer out there instead of Mayweather!”

So you know they could really cook a fight like this one. It wouldn’t be a surprise, since both Pacquiao and Ortiz hate Mayweather. They could make a scripted fight like this happen. It’s a win-win for both of them. And their fans would believe it.

And if this ever happen, remember who said it. Don’t forget my royalty fee for such a brilliant idea!

Terrible idea. Mayweather fanatics would just complain as usual and say Pac is going after Mayweather leftovers once again. So how is this a win sitation for Pac? Pac would gain nothing beating Ortiz after is horrible showing against Floyd. Ortiz needs to redeem himself before even thinking about getting a fight with Pac.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 1 2011, 10:57 AM) *
Terrible idea. Mayweather fanatics would just complain as usual and say Pac is going after Mayweather leftovers once again. So how is this a win sitation for Pac? Pac would gain nothing beating Ortiz after is horrible showing against Floyd. Ortiz needs to redeem himself before even thinking about getting a fight with Pac.

See Shane Mosely. If they cared about Pac's career that fight shoud of never happened. Ortiz and Pac sounds just about right. He is a young fighter who has the potential of knocking his oppnent into next week. Ortiz can hug and kiss Pac without his actions costing him the fight because we all know Pac likes touching gloves and smiling at his opponent during and after each round. They can coin the fight "The Battle of the Nice Guys"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.