9. Juan Manuel Marquez
10.Wladimir Klitschko
11. Vitali Klitschko
12. Andre Berto
13. Miguel Cotto
14. Lucian Bute
15. Yuriorkis Gamboa
16. Chris John
17. Chad Dawson (win over Hopkins moves him #4)
18. Carl Froch
19. Brandon Rios
20. David Haye

I don't believe P4P should be based on celebrity status or what team you are signed too. I go By who guys are fighting and when they are fighting them. Bernard Hopkins is #1 because he truly fights the best guys out there in their prime. he doesn't duck and dodge anyone. I can't say that about a lot of fighters. But Floyd Mayweather is my Favorite boxer of all time. I think Pacquiao is Overrated, he only fights guys past their prime and at catchweights. we call him the catchweight king where im from lol. Andre Ward is the most underrated of all the fighters on my list, but i do think he will be P4P someday. Sergio Martinez is also underrated as far as popularity goes. He is def atop my list but no one really pays attention to him, I Do.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Vaughn831 @ Oct 1 2011, 07:07 PM) *
My Top P4P List:

1. Bernard Hopkins
2. Floyd Mayweather
3. Sergio Martinez
4. Andre Ward
5. Manny Pacquiao
6. Nonito Donaire
7. Timothy Bradley
8. Amir Khan
9. Juan Manuel Marquez
10.Wladimir Klitschko
11. Vitali Klitschko
12. Andre Berto
13. Miguel Cotto
14. Lucian Bute
15. Yuriorkis Gamboa
16. Chris John
18. Carl Froch
19. Brandon Rios
20. David Haye

I don't believe P4P should be based on celebrity status or what team you are signed too. I go By who guys are fighting and when they are fighting them. Bernard Hopkins is #1 because he truly fights the best guys out there in their prime. he doesn't duck and dodge anyone. I can't say that about a lot of fighters. But Floyd Mayweather is my Favorite boxer of all time. I think Pacquiao is Overrated, he only fights guys past their prime and at catchweights. we call him the catchweight king where im from lol. Andre Ward is the most underrated of all the fighters on my list, but i do think he will be P4P someday. Sergio Martinez is also underrated as far as popularity goes. He is def atop my list but no one really pays attention to him, I Do.

Andre Berto at #12, but no Victor Ortiz in the top 20?
Jack 1000
Nice list!!!!

I think that both Manny and Floyd have agreed to catch-weight stipends in contracts. Boxers should go back to when a weight class was a weight class. I think Floyd and Manny could be #1 and #2 interchangeably, Great call on Hopkins! Whom so many people do not give him his due. I rate Bernard Hopkins as one of the best fighters of the last 20 years!

It is amazing that at his age, he is still able to make fighters look bad. I think James Toney could have been like Hopkins in that respect, but James, a lot of times did not pay attention to his training and conditioning. If he would have, he could have joined the legends. In contrast, I cannot recall Bernard ever being out of shape for a fight. Good post!

Jack
Vaughn831
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Oct 1 2011, 08:11 PM) *
Andre Berto at #12, but no Victor Ortiz in the top 20?

Nope Victor aint part of my top 20, I no u will say well he beat Andre Berto, this is true but I still don't think he is better than Berto. I think Berto just fought Ortiz's type of fight that night but in a rematch Ortiz will not stand a chance. Frazier beat Ali the first fight, would you say Frazier is better than Ali? I think i no the answer to that
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Vaughn831 @ Oct 1 2011, 07:17 PM) *
Nope Victor aint part of my top 20, I no u will say well he beat Andre Berto, this is true but I still don't think he is better than Berto. I think Berto just fought Ortiz's type of fight that night but in a rematch Ortiz will not stand a chance. Frazier beat Ali the first fight, would you say Frazier is better than Ali? I think i no the answer to that

I also think Berto will beat Ortiz in the rematch. When you get Victor in a pressure situation, he becomes desperate and quits. I think I had mentioned, Ortiz reminds me of Cintron.

Jack
Method
QUOTE (Vaughn831 @ Oct 1 2011, 08:17 PM) *

In my personal opinion, NO legitimate P4P list should have anyone in front of Hopkins, Mayweather and Paq (no matter WHAT order you have them in. To had Martinez and Ward in front of Paq is a joke. I've see. Worse situations where Donaire is In front and this one, that one. Not only have these guys not done enough, they don't have the skills OR the resume.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Vaughn831 @ Oct 1 2011, 07:17 PM) *

It's not a bad list you have up there. I also appreciate Hopkins success, but I do feel he is gonna have some issues with Dawson.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 1 2011, 07:20 PM) *
I also think Berto will beat Ortiz in the rematch. When you get Victor in a pressure situation, he becomes desperate and quits. I think I had mentioned, Ortiz reminds me of Cintron.

Jack

That would actually be an interesting match...Ortiz vs Cintron.
Vaughn831
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 1 2011, 08:16 PM) *
Nice list!!!!

I think that both Manny and Floyd have agreed to catch-weight stipends in contracts. Boxers should go back to when a weight class was a weight class. I think Floyd could be #1 and #2 interchangeably, Great call on Hopkins! Whom so many people do not give him his due. I rate Bernard Hopkins as one of the best fighters of the last 20 years!

It is amazing that at his age, he is still able to make fighters look bad. I think James Toney could have been like Hopkins in that respect, but James, a lot of times did not pay attention to his training and conditioning. If he would have, he could have joined the legends. In contrast, I cannot recall Bernard ever being out of shape for a fight. Good post!

Jack

I feel you on the James Toney situation. But the thing with him is he has been in like 80 fights and only lost what 6 or 7. In todays fighters no one is fighting that much. He may come in overweight at times, but he still winning. So these guys are losing to someone not in the best of shape, and with the way James has cut down on his weight now, I think he will be a threat to the Klitschkos if they give him a chance. His fight with Lebedev will tell me a lot about his future in the sport. gone
Vaughn831
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Oct 1 2011, 08:24 PM) *
It's not a bad list you have up there. I also appreciate Hopkins success, but I do feel he is gonna have some issues with Dawson.

I agree with you 100% major problems with Dawson
I'm picking Dawson in this one. Too fast, too strong, lengthy, southpaw, and he got major skills. he don't always show his full skill set. sometimes he's not focused or somethin, but in this fight i think we see the old chad dawson who was dominating guys in that ring. I think B-hop is in trouble this time
Vaughn831
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 1 2011, 08:20 PM) *

Jack

OMG now that you mentioned that I see exactly what you mean, that nigga hella reminds me of Cintron lol
Vaughn831
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 1 2011, 08:23 PM) *
In my personal opinion, NO legitimate P4P list should have anyone in from of Hopkins, Mayweather and Paq (no matter WHAT order you have them in. To had Martinez and Ward in front of Paq is a joke. I've see. Worse situations where Donaire is In front and this one, that one. Not only have these guys not done enough, they don't have the skills OR the resume.

sorry you feel that way but I gotta call it how i see it. Pacquiao aint fighting guys at their best. He waits til they star looking bad and then he fights them. And on top of that at catchweights. Pacquiao won his 8th title at 150 against Margarito but he says Sergio Martinez (the real champ of the division) is too big and Margarito beat Martinez a while back. the difference is Martinez has gotten much better but Margarito has declined and thats why Pac won't fight Martinez.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Vaughn831 @ Oct 2 2011, 01:44 PM) *
sorry you feel that way but I gotta call it how i see it. Pacquiao aint fighting guys at their best. He waits til they star looking bad and then he fights them. And on top of that at catchweights. Pacquiao won his 8th title at 150 against Margarito but he says Sergio Martinez (the real champ of the division) is too big and Margarito beat Martinez a while back. the difference is Martinez has gotten much better but Margarito has declined and thats why Pac won't fight Martinez.

Do you think Floyd will fight Martinez? He has fought at 154 too?

I think at this point you have Ward a little too high and I'm not sure how Berto and David Haye makes a top 20 list but most of the names on it are pretty solid.
Vaughn831
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 1 2011, 08:47 PM) *
Do you think Floyd will fight Martinez? He has fought at 154 too?

I think at this point you have Ward a little too high and I'm not sure how Berto and David Haye makes a top 20 list but most of the names on it are pretty solid.

I think Floyd will fight Martinez next if not Amir Khan. Top Rank Just signed Tim Bradley so i know he is prob fighting Pacquiao next. and yea I feel you Ward could be a little too high at the moment, Maybe after the Froch fight it would be more appropriate but i am expecting him to beat Froch so i updated my list. but yea i can feel you on that
alaganza
QUOTE (Vaughn831 @ Oct 1 2011, 08:17 PM) *
Frazier beat Ali the first fight, would you say Frazier is better than Ali? I think i no the answer to that

You are correct. But we do have the rematch and rubber match to substantiate that point. Until Berto beats Ortiz there it is questionable.

Other than that I kinda like the list you have.
checkleft
I like the way you compiled the list, and I would say since you said not by popularity that its appropriate you put ward above manny. He's been fighting better opposition at natural weights and has looked dominant. And a lot of people don't give Hopkins his credit. Good top 5, and pretty good list. I'm just a little surprised, I don't think I saw Gamboa.
Box in Hand
My Top P4P List:

1. Bernard Hopkins
2. Floyd Mayweather
3. Sergio Martinez
4. Andre Ward
5. Manny Pacquiao
6. Nonito Donaire
7. Timothy Bradley
8. Amir Khan
9. Juan Manuel Marquez
10.Wladimir Klitschko
11. Vitali Klitschko
12. Andre Berto
13. Miguel Cotto
14. Lucian Bute
15. Yuriorkis Gamboa
16. Chris John
18. Carl Froch
19. Brandon Rios
20. David Haye

Only issue I have with your list is David Haye. He talks his way into the a huge fight and blows the opportunity of a lifetime only to blame the loss on a broken pinky toe WTF? He didn't even try and had he then the fight might have been a lot more interesting but of course he didn't.
Vaughn831
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 1 2011, 09:15 PM) *
I like the way you compiled the list, and I would say since you said not by popularity that its appropriate you put ward above manny. He's been fighting better opposition at natural weights and has looked dominant. And a lot of people don't give Hopkins his credit. Good top 5, and pretty good list. I'm just a little surprised, I don't think I saw Gamboa.

I see you know something about boxing good shit, and look again yuriorkis is there. I can't not put him on my list he a beast
Vaughn831
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Oct 1 2011, 09:25 PM) *
Only issue I have with your list is David Haye. He talks his way into the a huge fight and blows the opportunity of a lifetime only to blame the loss on a broken pinky toe WTF? He didn't even try and had he then the fight might have been a lot more interesting but of course he didn't.

I know david haye didn't look too well against klitschko but i still think he would beat most guys out there. and we never know, maybe he was hurt by the toe. if you can't move in boxing that is a big deal in a fight. he has only had 2 losses, Pacquiao has 3 losses and 2 draws and he was P4P champ I don't think we can over look Haye for losing to any of the Klitschkos they are freaks of nature but i feel you he did run his mouth and had nothing to show for it in that fight
Method
QUOTE (Vaughn831 @ Oct 1 2011, 08:30 PM) *
I agree with you 100% major problems with Dawson
I'm picking Dawson in this one. Too fast, too strong, lengthy, southpaw, and he got major skills. he don't always show his full skill set. sometimes he's not focused or somethin, but in this fight i think we see the old chad dawson who was dominating guys in that ring. I think B-hop is in trouble this time

OK. Its starting to flesh out. I knew something seemed off.

If YOU truly feel Hopkins is your #1, yet you feel he loses this one to Chad Dawson (which IS a viable outcome), yet you DON'T have Chad Dawson ANYWHERE in your top 15? Doesn't pass the smell test.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 2 2011, 04:42 PM) *

If YOU truly feel Hopkins is your #1, yet you feel he loses this one to Chad Dawson (which IS a viable outcome), yet you DON'T have Chad Dawson ANYWHERE in your top 15? Doesn't pass the smell test.

This is why I always have problems with top 15/20 type lists, it's so easy to catch yourself out. The most I prefer is a top 3 or possibly top 5 max list.
Vaughn831
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 1 2011, 10:42 PM) *

Thats because I know that Chad is better than he has been showing. I thought he would have beatin Pascal if the head butt didn't occur and his last win over Diaconu wasn't too impressive even tho he dominated so the fight with Bernard will show me where he truly stands and I believe in this fight he has what it takes to beat Bernard the main thing being Bernards age factor. but until the fight and even after I can't discredit B-hop for what he has done in the sport, he deserves to be #1 P4P in my eyes he truly fights the best guys out there. You name someone who has fought more commendable guys than B-hop at the top level and i'll shut up.......but I no you won't be able to no one has
Maxy
QUOTE (Vaughn831 @ Oct 1 2011, 08:07 PM) *
My Top P4P List:

1. Bernard Hopkins
2. Floyd Mayweather
3. Sergio Martinez
4. Andre Ward
5. Manny Pacquiao
6. Nonito Donaire
7. Timothy Bradley
8. Amir Khan
9. Juan Manuel Marquez
10.Wladimir Klitschko
11. Vitali Klitschko
12. Andre Berto
13. Miguel Cotto
14. Lucian Bute
15. Yuriorkis Gamboa
16. Chris John
18. Carl Froch
19. Brandon Rios
20. David Haye

This is an awful list. Absolutely shite. You've got Pacquiao at 5? Really? You've got Carl Froch at 18? I reckon you should either give up on doing lists like these or watch a bit more of the sport to educate yourself a little.
BigG
1. Pac/Mayweather
3. Gamboa
4. Donaire
5. Hopkins
6. JM Marquez
7. Martinez
8. Ward
9. Mares
10. Froch
11. Montiel
12. Dawson
13. Kessler
14. Wongjonkam
15. Agbeko
16. Bradley
17. Darchinyan
18. Wlad Klitschko
19. Segura
20. Cotto/Lopez
BigDDatHomey
Dawson can be inactive and too patient at tiles, still think BHOP is in trouble though.
Gotta give it to BHOP for even making the fight.

I'd have Mayweather, Hopkins, PAC, then Martinez.

In Ortiz's defense, you can't have Berto on the list and not Ortiz when Ortiz beat Berto.

blackbelt2003
If you're ranking solely on who's fought the best and when they've fought them, Floyd should be lower on your list, and the likes of Mikkel Kessler, Carl Froch and Miguel Cotto should be higher on them.

Those cats fight anyone, anytime.

But, of course, if you're ranking on achievements in the ring vs skills shown in the ring (which I'm presuming the majority of us do), then there's no way Pac should be as low as five. He's fought better opponents than Ward and shown slightly more in the ring, too (although Ward is getting better all the time).

Taking all that into account, here's my list:

1/ MAYWEATHER
2/ PACQUIAO
3/ MARTINEZ
4/ HOPKINS
5/ MARQUEZ
6/ WARD
7/ DONAIRE
8/ BRADLEY
9/ KHAN
10/ JOHN
11/ WONJONGKAM
12/ KLITSCHKO (Wlad)
13/ FROCH
14/ GAMBOA
15/ COTTO
16/ DAWSON
17/ NISHIOKA
18/ BUTE
19/ GUERRERO
20/ MARES/AGBEKO

Black
scallum
James is no threat to the klits he is just too short n he gets even smaller with his fghting style. I doubt james could even land 100 punches in the whole fight vs the intelligent boxing of the klits
Big Slim Sweet
You can't have Pac at 5 and expect people to seriously think there's no personal bias involved. Pac and PBF are 1 and 2. Saying otherwise is like saying George Harrison was a more popular Beatle than Paul McCartney.

I can understand throwing Hopkins up there with them if you give weight to longevity and disagree with the decisions in his losses over the past five years. I can understand throwing Martinez up there with them if you give weight to more recent accomplishments and think he's done more than any other fighter over the past 2 years. But Ward? Based off wins over Kessler, Green, Bika, and Miranda? Nfw.

I like Ward and think he'll beat Froch too, but until he actually does it's ridiculous to have him 14 spots ahead.
scallum
My Top P4P List:

1. Bernard Hopkins
2. Floyd Mayweather
3. Sergio Martinez
4. Andre Ward
5. Manny Pacquiao
6. Nonito Donaire
7. Timothy Bradley
8. Amir Khan
9. Juan Manuel Marquez
10.Wladimir Klitschko
11. Vitali Klitschko
12. Andre Berto
13. Miguel Cotto
14. Lucian Bute
15. Yuriorkis Gamboa
16. Chris John
18. Carl Froch
19. Brandon Rios
20. David Haye

cool list but I would not have bradley n berto so high. I would also have gamboa n froch higher. The top 5 are up for grabs but imo it has too be pac or pbf
Method
I mean seriously, how the FUCK could ANYONE put Martinez, Gamboa and/or Donaire in front of Hopkins, let alone May or Paq.

IMO, and its my own, there's May, Paq Hopkins (however you want to line em up), and then there is everyone else.

Maybe start a "Best of the Rest" list.
Method
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 2 2011, 09:34 PM) *
A quick one thrown together.

1. Mayweather
  2. Pacquiao
  3. Martinez
  4. Hopkins
  5. Donaire
  6. Marquez
  7. Ward
  8. Bradley
  9. Khan
  10. Gamboa

It's very tight in competition after 5 (I think most have Mayweather, Pacquiao, Donaire, Martinez and Hopkins) and then after that, there really isn't a big gap with the rest of the top fighters. It doesn't take much for one of the other guys to drop out of the list.
I had W.Klitschko and Froch on my list last time, and could easily replace some of the guys in the bottom half. That's why Bradley has to be careful, his fight with Casamayor will mean nothing, he has been sitting out for such a long time, and then you have a guy like Froch coming to fight Ward. Doesn't take much for a guy like Bradley to drop out with guys just below him fighting in p4p material type of fights.

Bro, you know I respect your opinion on everything. if its not too much of a pain in the ass a request, could you just give me a quick and dirty explanation of how you could rank a Martinez over Hopkins - specifically, comparing their respective bodies of work/resumes, and looking at the vast disparity in skills, what is it? Its a genuine question and the response is not time sensitive. Im just curious. Cuz fuck, man, did you ever see Bhop walk away from a win (or a loss) as bloodied up as Martinez was? Think maybe he'll put his hands up now?
PhilLupino
sorry but the OP is a hater. I'm not even a Pacquiao fan but you put Andre Ward and Sergio Martinez above him? Where is the rationale? As if Pac made a living out of fighting JUST past their prime fighters. Have more respect for boxers and the sport in general if you are going to diminish someone's accomplishments like that.

Ward and Martinez have no accomplished enough to merit being above Pac, and Bernard being put #1 ahead of Mayweather when Floyd is clearly the more skilled and better boxer is a joke.

The problem with you guys here is too much fanboy logic
Method
QUOTE (PhilLupino @ Oct 2 2011, 10:46 PM) *
sorry but the OP is a hater. I'm not even a Pacquiao fan but you put Andre Ward and Sergio Martinez above him? Where is the rationale? As if Pac made a living out of fighting JUST past their prime fighters. Have more respect for boxers and the sport in general if you are going to diminish someone's accomplishments like that.

Ward and Martinez have no accomplished enough to merit being above Pac, and Bernard being put #1 ahead of Mayweather when Floyd is clearly the more skilled and better boxer is a joke.

The problem with you guys here is too much fanboy logic

Im all for Andre Ward as being a potential great, but seriously, WHAT THE FUCK has this guy done yet?
JONdaCON817
am i the only person who thinks this list is awful??....

i guess ill throw up a quicc one too....

1. Mayweather
2. Pacquiao
3. Hopkins
4. Martinez
5. Donaire
6. Marquez
7. Ward
8. Khan
9. Gamboa
10. Bradley/Bute/Wonjongkam
sduck
I will add my possible controversial list, seems like somebody has a problem with someone's list.

1. Pacquiao
2. Mayweather
3. Martinez
4. Hopkins
5. Donaire
6. W. Klitschko
7. Marquez
8. V. Klitschko
9. Ward
10. Froch
11. Bradley
12. Khan
13. Bute
14. Rios
15. Wonjongkam
16. John
17. Gamboa
18. Segura
19. Cotto
20. Dawson

I also noticed FMJ has been re-added as #2 on the official P4P rankings just after one fight...?
blackbelt2003
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Oct 3 2011, 03:28 PM) *
am i the only person who thinks this list is awful??....

i guess ill throw up a quicc one too....

1. Mayweather
2. Pacquiao
3. Hopkins
4. Martinez
5. Donaire
6. Marquez
7. Ward
8. Khan
9. Gamboa
10. Bradley/Bute/Wonjongkam

Nice list.

Black
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (sduck @ Oct 3 2011, 11:12 AM) *
I will add my possible controversial list, seems like somebody has a problem with someone's list.
1. Pacquiao
2. Mayweather
3. Martinez
4. Hopkins
5. Donaire
6. W. Klitschko
7. Marquez
8. V. Klitschko
9. Ward
10. Froch
11. Bradley
12. Khan
13. Bute
14. Rios
15. Wonjongkam
16. John
17. Gamboa
18. Segura
19. Cotto
20. Dawson

I also noticed FMJ has been re-added as #2 on the official P4P rankings just after one fight...?

Only with Meth... cuz you have Martinez ahead of Hopkins.... lmao
duwdu
My Top P4P List:

1. Bernard Hopkins
2. Floyd Mayweather
3. Sergio Martinez
4. Andre Ward
5. Manny Pacquiao
6. Nonito Donaire
7. Timothy Bradley
8. Amir Khan
9. Juan Manuel Marquez
10.Wladimir Klitschko
11. Vitali Klitschko
12. Andre Berto
13. Miguel Cotto
14. Lucian Bute
15. Yuriorkis Gamboa
16. Chris John
18. Carl Froch
19. Brandon Rios
20. David Haye

Good thinking, particularly considering the rationale you've given.

For me though, I consider it an onerous task having to compile a P4P list by myself without being generation-biased, for two reasons. First, I am more likely to know more about particular boxers than I do others, simply because I get to see their fights more. This likelihood may be on account of my geographical location, or because of my preference for certain fighting styles. Secondly, I may just inadvertently omit some names that I would have thought should be on the list. As an example, Felix Sturm keeps escaping my attention somehow.

For these reasons - not because I would prefer to be an escapist - I tend to put more credence on lists compiled by boxing portals that show that their lists are based on databases, statistics, history, and empirical records. The one I currently subscribe to - by about 90% - is that currently being carried by boxrec (Boxing Records) at http://boxrec.com/ratings.php?country=&...A&SUBMIT=Go . It is as follows:

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
2. Manny Pacquiao
3. Wladimir Klitschko
4. Vitali Klitschko
5. Bernard Hopkins
6. Sergio Gabriel Martinez
7. Juan Manuel Marquez
8. Timothy Bradley
9. Lucian Bute
10. Amir Khan
11. Andre Ward
12. Jean Pascal
13. Carl Froch
14. Chad Dawson
15. Miguel Angel Cotto
16. Felix Sturm
17. Alfredo Angulo
18. Saul Alvarez
19. Robert Guerrero
20. Cornelius Bundrage
21. Yuriorkis Gamboa

I have listed it down to #21 because, by my own pet liking, Gamboa should be listed somewhat higher.

P34c3

Lil-lightsout
My list. Strictly for my own criteria who I think is the best at this point in time.

1- Mayweather

2-Pac

3-Donaire

4-Hopkins

5-Bradley

6-Martinez

7-Gamboa

8-John

9-Ward

10-Marquez
BoxingEinstein

Here's my P4P list: P4P demonstrates, in ring ability, opposition challenge, dominance, skills, legitimated standings(NO POPULARITY), activity

1. Hopkins (he beat a guy twice, who beat who everyone considered "THE MAN" at that weight and also the man who beat Carl Froch in a toe to toe war(watch Pascal/Froch) )

2. Mayweather

3. Pacman

4. Martinez

5. Wladamir Klitschko (dominated for years, has ability, beaten, KO'd proven opponents, just a big drop in opposition which is not THEIR faught)

6. Vitali Klitschko (same as ^)

7. Juan Manuel Marquez

8. Amir Khan

9. Timothy Bradley

10. Andre Ward

11. Carl Froch

12. Robert Guerrero

13. Chad Dawson

14. Yuriorkis Gamboa

15. Tavoris Cloud

16. Miguel Cotto

17. Andre Berto

18. Victor Ortiz

19. Lucian Bute

20. Mikkel Kessler

anyone wants to debate over mines, we can.
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 3 2011, 06:59 PM) *
Did you forget about Donaire, or you don't rate him?

I don't but when he beats Omar he will be in the top 10 and he's one of my favourite fighters at the moment so there's no biasness going on.

Bradley get's in because of his dominance at light weight and his in ring ability. I'm going to drop him when Nonito faces Omar and Khan faces Peterson. P4P list's changes all the time.

I'm just surprised no one put's Cloud on there or even put the Klit's. Cloud is a boxing fan's dream fighter as he'll face anyone and is a throw back fighter. It's just he has a promoter by the name of Don King which messes up his activity.

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 3 2011, 06:52 PM) *
Here's my P4P list: P4P demonstrates, in ring ability, opposition challenge, dominance, skills, legitimated standings(NO POPULARITY), activity

1. Hopkins (he beat a guy twice, who beat who everyone considered "THE MAN" at that weight and also the man who beat Carl Froch in a toe to toe war(watch Pascal/Froch) )

2. Mayweather

3. Pacman

4. Martinez

5. Wladamir Klitschko (dominated for years, has ability, beaten, KO'd proven opponents, just a big drop in opposition which is not THEIR faught)

6. Vitali Klitschko (same as ^)

7. Juan Manuel Marquez

8. Amir Khan

9. Timothy Bradley

10. Andre Ward

11. Carl Froch

12. Robert Guerrero

13. Chad Dawson

14. Yuriorkis Gamboa

15. Tavoris Cloud

16. Miguel Cotto

17. Andre Berto

18. Victor Ortiz

19. Lucian Bute

20. Mikkel Kessler

anyone wants to debate over mines, we can.

laugh.gif

Where's the undefeated long reigning champion Chris John??? Who beat your number 7 JMM.

Yeah... and where's Donaire?
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 3 2011, 07:36 PM) *
laugh.gif

Where's the undefeated long reigning champion Chris John??? Who beat your number 7 JMM.

Yeah... and where's Donaire?

You must not have ever watched that fight. Chris John lost and JMM was robbed. Do some more research and maybe you'll find articles that JMM wanted a rematch outside of Indonesia but John's bitchassness didn't want to. To this day John still only fights in Indonesia, unless you count his fights with them weak as Japanese fighters who he beat in Japan.

John is a VERY EASILY questionable champion and WILL lose to the likes of Gamboa, Donaire and maybe even Lopez or Salido.

And if you looked at my response, I already said why Donaire wasn't up there.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 3 2011, 07:42 PM) *
You must not have ever watched that fight. Chris John lost and JMM was robbed. Do some more research and maybe you'll find articles that JMM wanted a rematch outside of Indonesia but John's bitchassness didn't want to. To this day John still only fights in Indonesia, unless you count his fights with them weak as Japanese fighters who he beat in Japan.

John is a VERY EASILY questionable champion and WILL lose to the likes of Gamboa, Donaire and maybe even Lopez or Salido.

And if you looked at my response, I already said why Donaire wasn't up there.

John is 45-0 either way you look at it and still got a win over JMM. For you to not have him ranked is a joke, especially when you got others in your top 20 are way less deserving.

So you got Khan who was iced by a nobody in a round and barely beat Maidana. You got Ortiz who got his ass beat by Maidana, and wrecked by PBF ranked. You got Berto who was beat by Ortiz. You got Froch at 11 who was beat by your number 20 Kessler.

And for you to not have Donaire ranked is extremely funny too. But whatever Einsein it's your list.
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 3 2011, 08:16 PM) *
John is 45-0 either way you look at it and still got a win over JMM. For you to not have him ranked is a joke, especially when you got others in your top 20 are way less deserving.

So you got Khan who was iced by a nobody in a round and barely beat Maidana. You got Ortiz who got his ass beat by Maidana, and wrecked by PBF ranked. You got Berto who was beat by Ortiz. You got Froch at 11 who was beat by your number 20 Kessler.

And for you to not have Donaire ranked is extremely funny too. But whatever Einsein it's your list.

1- Mayweather

2-Pac

3-Donaire

4-Hopkins

5-Bradley

6-Martinez

7-Gamboa

8-John

9-Ward

10-Marquez

You got Donaire over Hopkins which is a fucking tragedy as a boxing fan. You got Bradley over Martinez, another tragedy, and then you got John over Marquez which is just pure shamlessness. You sir have no utter right to question anybody's list. Your just a couple shots close to an average casual fans p4p list. Don't talk about someone elses list without double checking your own. #boxing
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 4 2011, 05:56 PM) *
1- Mayweather

2-Pac

3-Donaire

4-Hopkins

5-Bradley

6-Martinez

7-Gamboa

8-John

9-Ward

10-Marquez

You got Donaire over Hopkins which is a fucking tragedy as a boxing fan. You got Bradley over Martinez, another tragedy, and then you got John over Marquez which is just pure shamlessness. You sir have no utter right to question anybody's list. Your just a couple shots close to an average casual fans p4p list. Don't talk about someone elses list without double checking your own. #boxing

Dude you do not even have Donaire in your top 20(but you got Ortiz)!!! You are a complete joke. You got Hopkins at #1 and PBF at #2.Hahaha. You got the Klits in there who fight garbage opponents which means dick. You got Khan who has been blasted out of there and barely beat Maidana ahead of the undefeated Bradley, the undefeated Ward, and the undefeated Gamboa. And of course the 45-0 John is no where to be seen cause I guess he is just garbage, and his fights because they are not here do not count? Lol.

MAYBE if you knew who was Donaire and the WAY he disposes of fighters, that is why at this point I have him ahead of Hops who is still very good but is not dominant.

Bradley is undefeated and shows great skills and promise, Martinez is also very good BUT his showing Saturday was far from impressive.

John still got the win over JMM either way you slice it, and you should be ashamed he does not even make your list.

I will leave it at that. It all comes down to personal opinion.
Big Slim Sweet
My opinion is there's a clear 1 & 2 - Pac and PBF in either order.

Then there's a clear 3 & 4 - Hopkins and Martinez in some order.

After that it gets muddy. I like Donaire at 5 and Bradley at 6, with guys like Ward, Froch, Gamboa, Khan etc. not far behind.

I hate the Klits but if you don't hold their level of comp against them (since there truly IS nobody they can fight other than each other) you could probably argue for either of them being as high as #5 too.
PalookaJoe
I don't think I could make up a 20 person list, but my top 3 P4P for the last several months has been:

#1: Sergio Martinez
#2: Manny Pacquiao
#3: Floyd Mayweather Jr.

I have Floyd #3 only due to the lack of steady and consistent fighting. This fighting once a year stuff, while he's earned that right at this stage of his career, I don't think is good for the sport. Of course if you're banking as much as he is, I suppose you can do what you like.

I have Sergio above Manny simply because I don't quite buy into Manny's level of competition. There are many things to dislike about Floyd's out of the ring antics, however one thing he has said rings true to me. Manny gets WAY too much credit for beating people Floyd has already defeated.

With the exception of Clottey (who barely put up a fight) and Margarito (who had been defeated by Mosley after being caught with bad wraps, a year away and a mediocre performance in his comeback fight) who was not the feared fighter he once was, all of Manny's most recent five or six fights has been against former Mayweather opponents, some the very next fight.

Many base elevating Manny to #1 over those fights dating back to De La Hoya. I think Sergio's run of fights was more impressive, all things considered.

A controversial loss to Williams, coupled with his utter destruction of Williams in the rematch (a guy who was viewed as the most ducked fighter), along with his defeats of Sergiy Dzinziruk, Kelly Pavlik and Kermit Cintron.

Those names aren't as flashy as the ones on Manny's recent resume, but I just think those were more impressive fights, all things considered.

Not taking anything away from Manny or Floyd, I just felt Sergio was better.

Of course his recent fight wasn't exactly flattering for Sergio, although in the end he did what he needed to do and that's win.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (PalookaJoe @ Oct 5 2011, 04:02 AM) *
I don't think I could make up a 20 person list, but my top 3 P4P for the last several months has been:

#1: Sergio Martinez
#2: Manny Pacquiao
#3: Floyd Mayweather Jr.

I have Floyd #3 only due to the lack of steady and consistent fighting. This fighting once a year stuff, while he's earned that right at this stage of his career, I don't think is good for the sport. Of course if you're banking as much as he is, I suppose you can do what you like.

I have Sergio above Manny simply because I don't quite buy into Manny's level of competition. There are many things to dislike about Floyd's out of the ring antics, however one thing he has said rings true to me. Manny gets WAY too much credit for beating people Floyd has already defeated.

With the exception of Clottey (who barely put up a fight) and Margarito (who had been defeated by Mosley after being caught with bad wraps, a year away and a mediocre performance in his comeback fight) who was not the feared fighter he once was, all of Manny's most recent five or six fights has been against former Mayweather opponents, some the very next fight.

Many base elevating Manny to #1 over those fights dating back to De La Hoya. I think Sergio's run of fights was more impressive, all things considered.

A controversial loss to Williams, coupled with his utter destruction of Williams in the rematch (a guy who was viewed as the most ducked fighter), along with his defeats of Sergiy Dzinziruk, Kelly Pavlik and Kermit Cintron.

Those names aren't as flashy as the ones on Manny's recent resume, but I just think those were more impressive fights, all things considered.

Not taking anything away from Manny or Floyd, I just felt Sergio was better.

Of course his recent fight wasn't exactly flattering for Sergio, although in the end he did what he needed to do and that's win.

Cant decide if you're taking the piss or not, since you didnt mention Pacquiaos defeat of Cotto, and you credited Sergio with a win against Cintron.
PalookaJoe
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 6 2011, 09:52 PM) *
Cant decide if you're taking the piss or not, since you didnt mention Pacquiaos defeat of Cotto, and you credited Sergio with a win against Cintron.

Ah, I blanked on Cotto. My bad.

And I can't believe I screwed up giving him the win over Cintron. For some reason I keep forgetting that was a draw.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.