Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 88 86'd
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Eighty88Eight
... seems to have doubled up following the aftermath of the fight. It's getting to be unprofessional, unctuous, and even a little sickening. Hearing him on those Mayweather videos (which are entertaining sometimes), in which he nervously kowtow's to everything Mayweather says and does makes me lose respect for his journalism.

Worse yet, he's become increasingly smug towards everything Pacquiao, reflecting his Godhead's attitude, and even repeating thing's Mayweather says verbatim. "Indeed, numbers don't lie, and whether they love him or hate him, for some reason, they still tune in, so he must be doing something right. LOL." Or even more obnoxiously, when answering to the God himself: "I'm just blessed". By whom I wonder?

He criticizes Pacquiao obliquely: "...after he walks through Marquez..", setting up anything less than total Pacquiao domination as humiliating, something you would never imagine him doing with Mayweather. Of course, there are perks for this sort of sycophancy, namely getting free shit and full access to the man himself, and whatever else he may be getting that we wouldn't know about. I'm saddened and disturbed that one of the best journalists in boxing is allowing himself to become another one of Mayweather's parasitic evangelists. I love Floyd Mayweather's talent and abilities, I think he deserves everything that he has, and is treated unfairly by the media, and it's great to have someone who isn't so offended by Mayweather's sensibilities, and having a preference is fine, even looking up to him is fine, but the sycophancy ought to stay in the bedroom.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Eighty88Eight @ Oct 4 2011, 10:50 AM) *
... seems to have doubled up following the aftermath of the fight. It's getting to be unprofessional, unctuous, and even a little sickening. Hearing him on those Mayweather videos (which are entertaining sometimes), in which he nervously kowtow's to everything Mayweather says and does makes me lose respect for his journalism.

Worse yet, he's become increasingly smug towards everything Pacquiao, reflecting his Godhead's attitude, and even repeating thing's Mayweather says verbatim. "Indeed, numbers don't lie, and whether they love him or hate him, for some reason, they still tune in, so he must be doing something right. LOL." Or even more obnoxiously, when answering to the God himself: "I'm just blessed". By whom I wonder?

He criticizes Pacquiao obliquely: "...after he walks through Marquez..", setting up anything less than total Pacquiao domination as humiliating, something you would never imagine him doing with Mayweather. Of course, there are perks for this sort of sycophancy, namely getting free shit and full access to the man himself, and whatever else he may be getting that we wouldn't know about. I'm saddened and disturbed that one of the best journalists in boxing is allowing himself to become another one of Mayweather's parasitic evangelists. I love Floyd Mayweather's talent and abilities, I think he deserves everything that he has, and is treated unfairly by the media, and it's great to have someone who isn't so offended by Mayweather's sensibilities, and having a preference is fine, even looking up to him is fine, but the sycophancy ought to stay in the bedroom.

Are you seriously "Saddened and disturbed" because of a video series about a professional boxer? It's true that Hype is on the Mayweather bandwagon, but in the interest of maintaining a balance of power, isn't it a good thing for Mayweather to have an ally in the media? I mean Pacquiao has tons of media members riding his dick, defending everything he does, not mentioning some of his past shenanigans.
thehype
LOL. And yet you probably watched every one of those videos. For the record, I don't think that was criticism of Pacquiao. I believe I said that I thoroughly enjoy watching him fight, I haven't missed a fight yet, and I'm definitely tuning in on November 12th because I'm going to love watching him destroy Marquez in 5 rounds or less. That's not a criticism...simply a prediction.

Nevertheless, goodbye.

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.