Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What has happened to these boards
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
True-Boxing-Fan
What's up with these boards nowadays? They have taken a very sharp dive into shittyness. I have been coming for years to read all the great post and quality posters, and I have contributed here off and on for over three years. They used to be unbias and had many intelligent posters. But this past year the boards have taken a sharp dive in quality. Quality reading here is few and far between. There is only recycled topics now and the focus here is on only a certain fighter. I'm sure the traffic has picked up but the quality has dropped off. Oh well good things always have a shell life and these boards shelf life has gone in the garabe.
True-Boxing-Fan
For the record this is not a criticism of fighthype as a whole because your front page stuff is good, especially the interviews by P. Crawford and others, but the boards in general are lacking bigtime. So don't get all worked up Hype because I still like the site, it's just the boards which I used to love to read is no more. But who give a shit because I'm only one person, it ain't like others havnt quit reading these boards either.
Cshel86
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Oct 4 2011, 12:57 PM) *
For the record this is not a criticism of fighthype as a whole because your front page stuff is good, especially the interviews by P. Crawford and others, but the boards in general are lacking bigtime. So don't get all worked up Hype because I still like the site, it's just the boards which I used to love to read is no more. But who give a shit because I'm only one person, it ain't like others havnt quit reading these boards either.

Good save. The last board-bashing culprit didn't have a chance to do this.
Maxy
Ok, so what's happened?

Cshel86, how long have you been reading the boards, where did you spring up from, why was you made a mod? Do you have history with hype or something? Did you bring all the muppets with you or just kinda find the board around the same time? Is profanity now deemed a ban worthy offense?

Oh and I ain't personally having a knock at you but I must've missed some shit on here lately so these are questions borne out of intrigue.
True-Boxing-Fan
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Oct 4 2011, 10:06 AM) *
Good save. The last board-bashing culprit didn't have a chance to do this.

Good save from what? I love to read the interviews on the front page and the content is good but the boards straight up suck nowadays. I used to come to the boards before i would read the front page interviews. If you were arounds here for years before reading the good stuff the boards offered you'd know what I'm saying. But you are just a Johnny come lately and don't see the quality that's lacking.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 4 2011, 12:14 PM) *
Ok, so what's happened?

Cshel86, how long have you been reading the boards, where did you spring up from, why was you made a mod? Do you have history with hype or something? Did you bring all the muppets with you or just kinda find the board around the same time? Is profanity now deemed a ban worthy offense?

Oh and I ain't personally having a knock at you but I must've missed some shit on here lately so these are questions borne out of intrigue.

I think we all agree the boards aren't where they used to be , we've had a couple threads about this as of recent.

I'm still kind of new, definitely haven't been here as long as you but i remember why i chose to join this forum. I think its just that the sport has kind of slowed down and the names and lights just aren't as bright(except for 2 guys).

I don't think bashing the forum or mods is going to help anything(not saying you were). The best we can all do is post quality stuff and talk about boxing, i think the influx of new posters has hurt a little and drove some of the better posters away. I feel like if we don't pay them attention and close the threads that are redundant the forum can get better. I don't know that the sport(or these boards) is ever going to get back to what it was. I look at it like a lot of the people that i grew up around that followed boxing and all the big fights stopped watching and have turned into casual fans(at best).

I can't answer any of you questions about cshel
Method
Some mods rolled. A few changes.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 4 2011, 01:14 PM) *
Ok, so what's happened?

I sent you a PM. Thanks
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Oct 4 2011, 01:50 PM) *
I think we all agree the boards aren't where they used to be , we've had a couple threads about this as of recent.

I'm still kind of new, definitely haven't been here as long as you but i remember why i chose to join this forum. I think its just that the sport has kind of slowed down and the names and lights just aren't as bright(except for 2 guys).

I don't think bashing the forum or mods is going to help anything(not saying you were). The best we can all do is post quality stuff and talk about boxing, i think the influx of new posters has hurt a little and drove some of the better posters away. I feel like if we don't pay them attention and close the threads that are redundant the forum can get better. I don't know that the sport(or these boards) is ever going to get back to what it was. I look at it like a lot of the people that i grew up around that followed boxing and all the big fights stopped watching and have turned into casual fans(at best).

I can't answer any of you questions about cshel

Thank you

QUOTE (Method @ Oct 4 2011, 02:06 PM) *
Some mods rolled. A few changes.

Thank You
Cshel86
As it has been stated on this thread, when the sport slows down (in spurts), new discussions tend to do the same. For the ones who are crying about how long they've been on the board, and how much fun it used to be, blah, blah, blah...where's your contribution? I still vets on here that start great topics, so whats the big deal? There are some veteran cry babies that get a kick outta spreading estrogen all over this board, and its disgusting!

They contribute absolutley nothing but a bunch of pissing and moaning. Get over yourselves! For the ones that still contribute, I greatly appreciate your efforts and for the ones who deem it necessary to publicly post these complaints to start a circus of idocy, let it go! From this point on, I will only take suggestions for the board, but this whining is beyond frustrating.

Dont start something and then try to clean it up, smh...so Ortiz-like of you. For now, this thread is CLOSED until somebody finds it useful. Like I said, suggestions are fine (and I have seen some), but whining and bashing is taking it a bit too far.

CLOSED

Thank You
thehype
QUOTE (True-Boxing-Fan @ Oct 4 2011, 12:44 PM) *
What's up with these boards nowadays? They have taken a very sharp dive into shittyness. I have been coming for years to read all the great post and quality posters, and I have contributed here off and on for over three years. They used to be unbias and had many intelligent posters. But this past year the boards have taken a sharp dive in quality. Quality reading here is few and far between. There is only recycled topics now and the focus here is on only a certain fighter. I'm sure the traffic has picked up but the quality has dropped off. Oh well good things always have a shell life and these boards shelf life has gone in the garabe.

If you're not a part of the solution, you're a part of the problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.