Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Amir Khan Claims Floyd Has Agreed To Fight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
MaxPayne
Amir Khan Claims Floyd Will Fight Him

It's also on BSPN, but I refuse to link anything from that smoldering pile of horse shit website.

Thoughts ? I wouldn't be surprised if there were at least some cursory discussions happening. Since it's practically an in-house fight, all Khan's people have to do is to pick up the phone and call Al Haymon and Leonard Ellerbe. I imagine it's been somewhere along the lines of , "Get through Peterson, fight some reasonably reputable dude at 147, win that one and then we can set up a Fall 2012 major event."

Have at it boys.
mgrover
jessie vargas, since floyd always wants to have his way khan will have to go through him am guessing.
thehype
NEGATIVE!

I can confirm he did not agree! There have been no talks! Nothing else to see here. Move along.
thehype
QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 4 2011, 05:18 PM) *
jessie vargas, since floyd always wants to have his way khan will have to go through him am guessing.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.
EAlbian
I like how the headline was "Amir Khan: FMJ has agreed to fight me" and then it talks about him having 3 fights before it haha. This is garbage. If Floyd said it, it would be on the front page
Cshel86
thehype
Khan is just looking to build his name. I can't really hate on him for that. But yeah...who the fvck agees to a fight 3-4 fights down the road?

LOL
Allmenjoi8
Didn't he say a month ago he wasn't ready to fight Floyd? And what happens if Bradley does not ink that Pacquiao fight as soon as he think he will. Wouldn't the Bradley Khan fight be more interesting? Plus he isn't sure how well he will do at 147. What if he gets his clock cleaned at 147? He is predicting too far into the future. One fight at a time.
BoxingEinstein

Khan is taking more shots at Floyd, Ortiz did the same thing. I've never seen Floyd that mad as he was when Ortiz headbutted him and when he KO'd him he was looking to get him out of there. An angry Mayweather is rare as he is always calm and composed even in the most pressurized moments in fights. I think an angry Mayweather is 10x more dangerous than a calm Mayweather which is kind of against the laws of boxing. As they always say you must stay calm and composed at all times to get a better performance in that squared circle, but with Mayweather it maybe the exact opposite. His performance when he's calm may not be his best but just enough to win and to win decisively. I must ask hype about this,

Khan will get starched after 3 or 4 rounds I see him winning, Mayweather will tax that ass in the UK or at the end of the world. Khan still fights like an amateur and he cannot outbox Mayweather even with his reach and hand speed. I see Mayweather UD or TKO 9.
Jack 1000
Khan will get smashed by Floyd. Khan still owes Maidana a rematch. A fight I and many people thought Khan lost.

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 5 2011, 06:26 PM) *
Khan is just looking to build his name. I can't really hate on him for that. But yeah...who the fvck agees to a fight 3-4 fights down the road?

LOL

Yeah, nobody can blame him for trying to build his name, but c'mon, only those WWE guys call each other like that. They will stand there face to face in front of a crowded arena and announce that they're fighting on the main event for Wrestlemania waaay down the road. Funny!

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Oct 5 2011, 06:33 PM) *
Didn't he say a month ago he wasn't ready to fight Floyd? And what happens if Bradley does not ink that Pacquiao fight as soon as he think he will. Wouldn't the Bradley Khan fight be more interesting? Plus he isn't sure how well he will do at 147. What if he gets his clock cleaned at 147? He is predicting too far into the future. One fight at a time.

Bradley aint gonna fight this dude (Khan). He feels that Khan will get in the way of him landing a Pac or May fight. "Get in the way of" is translation for, possibly kicking his ass and taking his shot at a big payday. Khan could possibly have 1 or 2 fights at WW and that Floyd fight will come out of nowhere.

Hatton: Had 1 fight at WW before he got his shot at him

Marquez: No fights at 140 or 147, but he fought hard and landed a Mayweather fight (probably for Pacquiao purposes)

Victor Ortiz: Only had 1 fight at WW, before he got his shot

I can actually see this fight happening, but Khan has to have an impressive outing against Peterson, and one or two good outings at WW, then he's good.
MaxPayne
Thanks for unlocking this thread, Mods. I have complete faith in the articles that are posted on here and simply saw the original one about Khan while chilling at work; decided I'd link it here and see what people think.

Khan is clearly something of a draw. It's not a question of how much of a draw, simply because for the most part, Floyd does the heavy lifting in increasing PPV revenue potential, because people will always tune in to see him possibly lose. Especially after the Ortiz situation, where once the dust has settled, there's a ton of angry fucks who want Floyd to get his ass stomped even more.

Of course, it won't happen, because well, even if Floyd isn't the best sub - middleweight fighter of all time, he's certainly the most unbeatable, if that makes any sense.

All Floyd needs for another 1 - 1.5 MM buy event, is for a young dude with some charisma, a bit of a fan base and a string of victories where he dominated opponents, to make it look good on 24/7.

I think Khan will win against Peterson, although it'll be by decision and like the McCloskey fight, he won't look too great doing it. He'll promptly move up to WW and will fight a scrub before signing on for a fall blockbuster event against Floyd.
Hotsauce
now he is back tracking
Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Oct 5 2011, 10:13 PM) *
Thanks for unlocking this thread, Mods. I have complete faith in the articles that are posted on here and simply saw the original one about Khan while chilling at work; decided I'd link it here and see what people think.

No problem, you can actually thank Ben for this one though. Its cool.
Jack 1000
In all honesty,

Mayweather-Khan could be as one-sided as Mayweather-Gatti. This is Mayweather-Gatti II. That's what Khan is in for. The best scenario for Khan is a Mayweather 12-round win shutout like against Marquez. The worst is the Mayweather-Gatti rematch.

This will be a beating. Khan will not win more than 1 round, and that is being generous.

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.