Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why was Eighty88's Account closed?
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
qtime18
Did he say something a bit too close to the bone when he touched on Ben Thompson showing overt biase towards Mayweather on this site?

You can't just block someone to prevent everyone else from hearing what he has to say. Or even letting people discuss it.

If it helps you understand you're in the wrong with what you did, pretend that Mayweather was in a similar situation, where he spoke the truth and someone was lying and covering up and blocking him from telling the truth to everyone. Does this help when you put him in the situation? Can you understand now?
Cshel86
QUOTE (qtime18 @ Oct 5 2011, 05:22 AM) *
Did he say something a bit too close to the bone when he touched on Ben Thompson showing overt biase towards Mayweather on this site?

You can't just block someone to prevent everyone else from hearing what he has to say. Or even letting people discuss it.

If it helps you understand you're in the wrong with what you did, pretend that Mayweather was in a similar situation, where he spoke the truth and someone was lying and covering up and blocking him from telling the truth to everyone. Does this help when you put him in the situation? Can you understand now?

He did the same thing you're doing right now. He spoke his mind, cleaned it up, spoke his mind, and cleaned it up again...straight Ortiz'd it. I know that this is the general discussion thread, but some questions are strictly PM questions. How would you react if you owned a website and one of its members created a thread that basically referred to you a nuthugger or ass kisser? Would you leave the thread open and allow others to subliminally bash you, or would you shut that shit down and get rid of 'em?

Question? What about your account? This appears to be your first post, so you decided to ask about somebody thats gonna be gone for a long while. That wasn't his first time trying that either, so lets leave it at that.

STEVENSKI
I think Ben has a personal bias towards Mayweather & have said as such. Then again getting the access he does to PBF generates more traffic to this site than every other article put together so what is he meant to do?
thehype
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 5 2011, 07:15 PM) *
I think Ben has a personal bias towards Mayweather & have said as such. Then again getting the access he does to PBF generates more traffic to this site than every other article put together so what is he meant to do?

The irony is that I probably speak to Alex Ariza more than I do PBF, and yet there's never any accusation that I have a personal bias towards Pacquiao.

laugh.gif

I believe someone also said before that I have a problem with Shane Mosley and don't like him.

laugh.gif

Pretty funny actually to see people make assumptions about stuff they know absolutely nothing about.

Still though, I don't have a problem with people like you STEVENSKI voicing your opinion...it's all in how you do it.

That being said, if you want to voice your opinion about the person who owns and put together the website, then you should also realize that you're walking a fine line if you constantly try to piss him off.

That's pretty much why 88 got 86'd. And for the record, he wasn't banned....he was just suspended.

laugh.gif

Also for the record, if some of you were privy to some of the off the record conversations I have with certain individuals in the industry, you would understand that bias has nothing to do with what I write about in regards to what's going on behind the scenes. Take that for what it's worth, but it's not difficult to look at the website and see some of the people I speak to. As far as I know, I'm one of the few people who actually DO speak to people from both sides, and yet, I'm the one who people want to question? Go figure.

dntknw.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.