Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Amir Kan Vs Kell Brook
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Vaughn831
This is a fight I would like to see. I know Amir can argue that Kell hasn't fought anyone or that he is not a big attraction, But at the end of the day it would be a better fight than fighting Zab Judah. Kell Brook has good power and decent boxing skill which would make a great fight against Amir Khan. What do you guys think about this fight, would you watch??? Kell Brook is 24-0 with 16 Ko's, I think Khan might dodge him, but He (Kell Brook) deserves a shot in my opinion. And before anyone just say Khan will destroy him , do your homework on these guys I bring to the light. Don't just assume because you know the name Amir Khan and not Kell Brook that he will beat him. get at me with questions and comments on anything regarding boxing and I will do my best to give you the correct responses.
-J*Rocafeller

CDBaby.com/cd/jrocafeller
Myspace.com/jrocafeller
Maxy
Mate, you're P4P list was an abhorrent waste of space.

As for Kell Brook, well, he ain't all that and fuck his record too. Seen Kell ringside twice and both times I came away completely underwhelmed. A Herol "Bomber" Graham he must certainly ain't.

Khan-Brook will do OK over here but it's not ever gonna be much of a seller worldwide. People don't like Khan and they don't know Brook. Brook fights Saturday night btw against some no-mark Pole in a WBA title eliminator.

Zzzzz.
Vaughn831
QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 5 2011, 03:35 PM) *
Mate, you're P4P list was an abhorrent waste of space.

As for Kell Brook, well, he ain't all that and fuck his record too. Seen Kell ringside twice and both times I came away completely underwhelmed. A Herol "Bomber" Graham he must certainly ain't.

Khan-Brook will do OK over here but it's not ever gonna be much of a seller worldwide. People don't like Khan and they don't know Brook. Brook fights Saturday night btw against some no-mark Pole in a WBA title eliminator.

Zzzzz.

well i don't agree with you, my P4P list was exactly the way I see boxing and I can give my reasoning for anything you see that you feel is wrong with my list. I truly know the sport of boxing so any questins you have regarding my P4P list just ask and i'll give my reasoning

-J*Rocafeller
Maxy
QUOTE (Vaughn831 @ Oct 5 2011, 03:00 PM) *
well i don't agree with you, my P4P list was exactly the way I see boxing and I can give my reasoning for anything you see that you feel is wrong with my list. I truly know the sport of boxing so any questins you have regarding my P4P list just ask and i'll give my reasoning

-J*Rocafeller

Nah mate, I'm good the way things are.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 5 2011, 03:04 PM) *

haha
Vaughn831
QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 5 2011, 04:04 PM) *

That goes to show you don't know shit about boxing. Your just like a robot behind a computer screen who just types and has no idea what he's talking about. you gon try to be funny in your lil comment but ay I didn't go comment on none of your posts you on mine so.......... I have no time for childish games
mgrover
Khan should fight him, I think he needs two or three welterweight fights before he chases Mayweather, this will be perfect to start him up in that division, but it will be a general gang bang Kell KO 8
Vaughn831
QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 5 2011, 05:04 PM) *
Khan should fight him, I think he needs two or three welterweight fights before he chases Mayweather, this will be perfect to start him up in that division, but it will be a general gang bang Kell KO 8

I totally agree with you but i don't know about a KO tho
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Vaughn831 @ Oct 5 2011, 03:09 PM) *
This is a fight I would like to see. I know Amir can argue that Kell hasn't fought anyone or that he is not a big attraction, But at the end of the day it would be a better fight than fighting Zab Judah. Kell Brook has good power and decent boxing skill which would make a great fight against Amir Khan. What do you guys think about this fight, would you watch??? Kell Brook is 24-0 with 16 Ko's, I think Khan might dodge him, but He (Kell Brook) deserves a shot in my opinion. And before anyone just say Khan will destroy him , do your homework on these guys I bring to the light. Don't just assume because you know the name Amir Khan and not Kell Brook that he will beat him. get at me with questions and comments on anything regarding boxing and I will do my best to give you the correct responses.
-J*Rocafeller

CDBaby.com/cd/jrocafeller
Myspace.com/jrocafeller

I'd definitely watch. For me, it would be a big fight. From a promotional point of view I think that it would make money. In addition they are both young enough that if they fought early next year and it's a good fight, they could have a big money rematch a year, or so later. I think that they are both good boxers and them meeting in the ring would be very good for boxing. If the obstacle is Brooks promoter, then Brooks should drop his promoter because I agree with Khan, Khan's the bigger overall draw and should be able to set the general terms.
Big Slim Sweet
I've never seen Kell Brook. Heard his name a couple time before. Sure doesn't sound like Khan's gonna fight him the way things are. If Brook really wants him he better fight and beat someone known in the US first. Do something that makes it harder for AK to ignore him, rather than just keep saying his name a whole bunch of times.

Does he have a US promoter? Khan's a Brit but he's based out of LA now.
Method
Is Kell Brook a man or a woman?
Maxy
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 5 2011, 09:14 PM) *

Maxy
QUOTE (Vaughn831 @ Oct 5 2011, 03:46 PM) *
That goes to show you don't know shit about boxing. Your just like a robot behind a computer screen who just types and has no idea what he's talking about. you gon try to be funny in your lil comment but ay I didn't go comment on none of your posts you on mine so.......... I have no time for childish games

OK cool.

So, tell me about Kell Brook and give me your reasons as to why he deserves a shot at Khan.
JONdaCON817
Do ppl really think they can juss join the forum and point the finger at ppl and say "You dont know shyt about boxing!"?

it quite comical actually...

would you like me to vouche for you Maxy??........... NAHHH, not even necessary. beach.gif

but ide like to think atleast 85% of us actually do know wtf were talkin about... maybe closer to 70%, there are some pretty good pretenders in here i guess... but God forbid we have a difference in opinion.... then we dont know shyt...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 5 2011, 10:14 PM) *

QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 6 2011, 09:14 AM) *

Great question Method! That may have been the most credible question asked this week. A great question that led to a very eye-pleasing answer, might I add. Everytime I hear the name Kell Brook from now on, this chick will be the first thing that comes to my mind, and the fighter will still be unknown in my book.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 6 2011, 12:31 PM) *
OK cool.

So, tell me about Kell Brook and give me your reasons as to why he deserves a shot at Khan.

Anyone with two legs and arms deserves a shot at Khan. Brook is more accomplished than Jessie Vargas and we all know he deserves a shot at Khan. We know this because Floyd said so. Who has Khan beaten to deserve to defend his titles against young guns like Brook or Vargas?
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 5 2011, 09:14 PM) *

Used to be married to Steven Seagal, no?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Oct 6 2011, 03:51 PM) *

Nah not that I can remember, but when i saw the pic, it took me back. She used to date Jason Stratham, and Billy Zane's weird ass. She dated a soccer player, but I cant remember his name.

EDIT: I just looked it up, and I see that you were thinking of Kelly LeBrock
Maxy
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Oct 6 2011, 02:51 PM) *

Nah, you're thinking of
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 7 2011, 09:03 AM) *
Nah, you're thinking of

I too have been patiently waiting for a reasoned and DETAILED reason as to why Brook wins against Khan. So far I'm hearing crickets.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 7 2011, 11:41 AM) *
I too have been patiently waiting for a reasoned and DETAILED reason as to why Brook wins against Khan. So far I'm hearing crickets.

Brook has yet to test the waters at world level. He has talked himself up for a fight with Khan for ages. Thats as far as it should go until he disposes of this polish bum tomorrow night then hopefully proves he can hang at the top.

As for beating Amir Khan, Id like to hear Vaughn's explanation on that one too. Unless he's realised that hes bitten off more than he can chew with Maxy since he's actually seen him fight rather than read about him on boxingscene or some shit.
Maxy
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 7 2011, 11:18 AM) *
Brook has yet to test the waters at world level. He has talked himself up for a fight with Khan for ages. Thats as far as it should go until he disposes of this polish bum tomorrow night then hopefully proves he can hang at the top.

As for beating Amir Khan, Id like to hear Vaughn's explanation on that one too. Unless he's realised that hes bitten off more than he can chew with Maxy since he's actually seen him fight rather than read about him on boxingscene or some shit.

Lloyd, Vaughn probably saw Kell on youtube a while back talking loud about how he'd "do Pacquiao" if he was given 12 weeks or some shit like that. I mean, if the kid can beat Pac Man he's gotta be better than Khan right?

For the record, Kell Brook speaks like a homosexual. Then again, so did Mike Tyson....
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 7 2011, 04:36 PM) *
Lloyd, Vaughn probably saw Kell on youtube a while back talking loud about how he'd "do Pacquiao" if he was given 12 weeks or some shit like that. I mean, if the kid can beat Pac Man he's gotta be better than Khan right?

For the record, Kell Brook speaks like a homosexual. Then again, so did Mike Tyson....

Yeah, but Floyd Mayweather IS a homosexual and hes pretty good at boxing.

Brook has did a bit of talking over the years but hes not too bad for it. I'd actually like to see him do well, but I dont understand what Warren is waiting for with him.
Maxy
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 7 2011, 11:39 AM) *
Yeah, but Floyd Mayweather IS a homosexual and hes pretty good at boxing.

Brook has did a bit of talking over the years but hes not too bad for it. I'd actually like to see him do well, but I dont understand what Warren is waiting for with him.

Brook left Warren and moved to Match-room earlier this year. Working with Eddie Hearn now and after all the fuss Hearn caused after Khan beat McCloskey, Amir says he won't face him unless Brook leaves that set up, which ain't gonna happen any time soon.

EDIT: I used to think Kell was pretty decent but that was a long while back now. He just ain't really kicked on and his opposition has been pretty dire. This Pole will probably take him 12 rounds on Saturday night but I'd been slightly impressed if he could stop him. He's probably a step up in competition for Kell as it goes.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 7 2011, 04:51 PM) *
Brook left Warren and moved to Match-room earlier this year. Working with Eddie Hearn now and after all the fuss Hearn caused after Khan beat McCloskey, Amir says he won't face him unless Brook leaves that set up, which ain't gonna happen any time soon.

Haha must have went past me that one. Eddie Hearn is doing a not bad job of building himself a nice little stable. Hopefully it continues as he seems to care more about getting public exposure for his guys.

You got that boxnation channel? I cant get it at present cos im on Virgin Media. Tearing my fuckin hair out that we finally get a decent(?) boxing channel over here and I cant get it!
Maxy
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 7 2011, 11:55 AM) *
Haha must have went past me that one. Eddie Hearn is doing a not bad job of building himself a nice little stable. Hopefully it continues as he seems to care more about getting public exposure for his guys.

You got that boxnation channel? I cant get it at present cos im on Virgin Media. Tearing my fuckin hair out that we finally get a decent(?) boxing channel over here and I cant get it!

Yeah I've got it. It's free until the new year and then it's gonna be a tenner a month but I reckon that's a pretty good deal. I thought it was on Virgin Media also. Warren did say that when he was announcing the channel a few weeks back?
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 7 2011, 05:01 PM) *
Yeah I've got it. It's free until the new year and then it's gonna be a tenner a month but I reckon that's a pretty good deal. I thought it was on Virgin Media also. Warren did say that when he was announcing the channel a few weeks back?

Not so far. Hopefully the fat ginger serpent is right. Been raking around the net tho and its not looking good. Time will tell.
Maxy
Lloyd, this link seems to suggest you'll have boxnation by next weekend cos they've got the Hopkins-Dawson fight on their schedule.

link

Scroll to the bottom of the page.
FinitoElDinamita
Undercard about to start.. PM me if any of you need a link..
Maxy
Brook winning pretty much every round so far whilst boring me to tears.....
Maxy
Oh, it was a crap stoppage, a mediocre performance and it never did shit for me.

Where the fuck is Vaughn?
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 8 2011, 05:17 PM) *
Lloyd, this link seems to suggest you'll have boxnation by next weekend cos they've got the Hopkins-Dawson fight on their schedule.

link

Scroll to the bottom of the page.

Thanks for that Maxy. At work now and cant open it but will get a look in the morning. Fingers crossed it will appear.
BlueMercury
Berto vs Brook...nah to soon. Perhaps in 2 years.
FinitoElDinamita
QUOTE (BlueMercury @ Oct 8 2011, 04:54 PM) *
Berto vs Brook...nah to soon. Perhaps in 2 years.

lol.. Watcha talking about.. Brook dont need to wait no 2 years just to face Berto. You're seriously overrating Berto or underestimating Brook..
Cshel86
Yeah, I'll give him 1 1/2 years tops...to face Berto.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (FinitoElDinamita @ Oct 9 2011, 12:12 AM) *
lol.. Watcha talking about.. Brook dont need to wait no 2 years just to face Berto. You're seriously overrating Berto or underestimating Brook..

On what grounds do you feel Brook is underestimated?
lloyd mayflower
Bumped for Vaughn's benefit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.