Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Funny Pacquiao Coward Video
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Vaughn831
This is exactly what Bernard Hopkins meant when he said that Pacquiao would Have trouble against a black american fighter. Now I'm not pulling a race card here, but just as B-Hop said, the style of fighting that is embedded in most black fighters would give serious problems to a guy like a Pacquiao. And what did Pacquiao do, he ducked Zahir raheem after Zahir dominated Eric Morales before their second fight. Why didn't Bob Arum make a Pacquiao Vs Zahir Raheem fight? I'll tell you, the same reason he won't agree to let Pacquaio fight mayweather, he is saving his cash cow. Bob Arum is a smart guy, he dealt with Mayweather for 10 years and he knows Pacquiao can't beat Floyd. Bob Arum Knows Floyd has to much skill for Pacquiao. The only black american fighter that Pacquiao has fought was a 40 year old washed up Shane Mosley. and Clottey is not a black american, he is from Ghana. I really just wonder why this is............ Once again i'm not pulling a race card, but it's the same as if a black or white fighter were to be dominating boxing but they've never fought a Mexican fighter, that wouldn't make any sense, why, well because some of the greatest fighters ever are Mexican. Hopefully you guys understand my point without making this a complete racial thing, i'm just making these statements from what i have witnessed in my time of being a boxing fan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2Q2WOgRLIU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1vqJj9GvI
Maxy
QUOTE (Vaughn831 @ Oct 5 2011, 02:52 PM) *
This is exactly what Bernard Hopkins meant when he said that Pacquiao would Have trouble against a black american fighter. Now I'm not pulling a race card here, but just as B-Hop said, the style of fighting that is embedded in most black fighters would give serious problems to a guy like a Pacquiao. And what did Pacquiao do, he ducked Zahir raheem after Zahir dominated Eric Morales before their second fight. Why didn't Bob Arum make a Pacquiao Vs Zahir Raheem fight? I'll tell you, the same reason he won't agree to let Pacquaio fight mayweather, he is saving his cash cow. Bob Arum is a smart guy, he dealt with Mayweather for 10 years and he knows Pacquiao can't beat Floyd. Bob Arum Knows Floyd has to much skill for Pacquiao. The only black american fighter that Pacquiao has fought was a 40 year old washed up Shane Mosley. and Clottey is not a black american, he is from Ghana. I really just wonder why this is............ Once again i'm not pulling a race card, but it's the same as if a black or white fighter were to be dominating boxing but they've never fought a Mexican fighter, that wouldn't make any sense, why, well because some of the greatest fighters ever are Mexican. Hopefully you guys understand my point without making this a complete racial thing, i'm just making these statements from what i have witnessed in my time of being a boxing fan

Coupla months?
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Vaughn831 @ Oct 5 2011, 03:52 PM) *

so your basically saying we can pull any black american out of the boxing gym and their style would give Manny problems?

im inclined to debate this with ya man but it I feel it would slide to far into a racist conversation..

jus sayn.. maybe this is a pefect legit canidate for closure due to its racial backing...

(no offense to you man)
Vaughn831
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Oct 5 2011, 04:23 PM) *
so your basically saying we can pull any black american out of the boxing gym and their style would give Manny problems?

im inclined to debate this with ya man but it I feel it would slide to far into a racist conversation..

jus sayn.. maybe this is a pefect legit canidate for closure due to its racial backing...

(no offense to you man)

Of course not any black american fighter from any gym, I mean top fighters in boxing. Most of Pacquaio opponents are straight forward and flat footed fighters with no movement. their are made for his style. but a boxer style like mayweather, Sugar Ray Leonard, Pernell Whitaker, Andre Ward, Bernard Hopkins, in my opinion would easily beat a style of a Pacquaio. Im just talking about the styles of these type of fighters. Just look at the Pacquiao VS Mosley fight, Pacquiao looked bad even tho he dominated because Shane was boxing him and turning him. Its just that Shane is old and can't pull the trigger anymore which was shown in a couple of fights before he fought Manny. And I think thats why Manny agreed to fight Shane when he did because Shane was over the heel.
Cshel86
Well at this point, we can simpley debate about the fact that the Morales/Raheem took place at lightweight (135) and Arum/Roach may not have wanted Pacquiao to move up from 130. Morales had already beat Pacquiao once, so it made all the sense in the world to not put Pac in there against a guy who beat the guy that beat him.

Im sure that there was much more money behind a Morales/Pacquiao rematch, so maybe Raheem wasn't a priority at the time. Besides, Im sure people were ready to spend money to see Pac avenge his first loss on American soil. We can leave the "black fighter" thing out of this at the moment, since Mosley stunk it up and totally killed the mystery of that theory, which I believe doesn't hold much power anyhow.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Vaughn831 @ Oct 5 2011, 04:39 PM) *
Of course not any black american fighter from any gym, I mean top fighters in boxing. Most of Pacquaio opponents are straight forward and flat footed fighters with no movement. their are made for his style. but a boxer style like mayweather, Sugar Ray Leonard, Pernell Whitaker, Andre Ward, Bernard Hopkins, in my opinion would easily beat a style of a Pacquaio. Im just talking about the styles of these type of fighters. Just look at the Pacquiao VS Mosley fight, Pacquiao looked bad even tho he dominated because Shane was boxing him and turning him. Its just that Shane is old and can't pull the trigger anymore which was shown in a couple of fights before he fought Manny. And I think thats why Manny agreed to fight Shane when he did because Shane was over the heel.

I can certainly agree that thats why took the fight..

With that said,.. Im gonna make a bold statement since we are mix matching styles here..

Pac and a Primed Shane would be epic,..

But Primed Shane and Floyed would be good till it lasted proberbly via knockout by Shane... (idk,.. that just makes sense to me right now)

Ultimately that (im not gonna say black american) style wouldnt hold water unless its well conditioned, well tuned,... and footwork to match manny's angles..

But I guess those are three things you need no matter what style you fight with....
checkleft
Didn't he have a chance to fight nate Campbell when he was hot and didn't take it?.. not sure, is like to know though. But I think a prime mosley beats mayweather and pacquiao probably by ko at ww.
ChadSaysTakeTheTest
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Oct 5 2011, 01:53 PM) *
I can certainly agree that thats why took the fight..

With that said,.. Im gonna make a bold statement since we are mix matching styles here..

Pac and a Primed Shane would be epic,..

But Primed Shane and Floyed would be good till it lasted proberbly via knockout by Shane... (idk,.. that just makes sense to me right now)

Ultimately that (im not gonna say black american) style wouldnt hold water unless its well conditioned, well tuned,... and footwork to match manny's angles..

But I guess those are three things you need no matter what style you fight with....

Shane by knockout lol... Prime Shane ducked Prime Floyd when Shane was a lightweight and Floyd was a Jr lightweight. It was too "high-risk low-reward" for Shane anyways, lightweight Floyd would have taken anyone to school.
Good day.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Could it be there just isn't that many African American boxers out there ranging from 135-147? Zahir Raheem wouldn't have done shit with Pacquiao. Zahir Raheem went on to lost to Acelino Freitas and get ko'd by Ali Funeka in four rounds. He didn't fight Raheem because in 2006 nobody would have bought that PPV. Morales was the A side of those PPV's in 05 and January 06. As for prime Shane vs. Prime Manny. Who knows...It would have been one hell of a fight though, as both guys had tremendous speed.
PalookaJoe
Saying you aren't playing the race card, and yet quoting an athlete that plays the race card CONSTANTLY is kinda strange.
CrazyBuffalO
Contrary to what most are saying, I don’t believe there is any bit of racism in what the thread author was trying to say.

IF someone would say “Pacquiao isn’t black so he’s not allowed in boxing,” or “he’s not black so he shouldn’t win in boxing” -- would be something that constitutes racism, yes.
BUT to say that “Pacquiao is not black, so he’s not as sleek as black fighters” ain’t racism. It’s simply factual.

If there were two bears -- one black and one white (polar bear) -- and I go and say the white bear don’t stand a chance in the hot forest, does that mean I hate the white bear?? No. It’s simply factual. Because we all know that Polar bears are evolved in such a way that their body can only withstand cold temperatures (that’s why they live in the arctic). Of course these are animal facts.

Now applying the same analogy on humans, history have shown and proven time and time again that in the sport of boxing, blacks tend to be more sleek (its like their body is just built for it). This doesn’t mean that Asians are not good or that the author of this thread hates Asians. Asians, for the record, are good in some other sports where Blacks tend to perform poorly at. Nature has a way of balancing things out.
Similar to their animal counterparts, humans (depending on skin color) vary on how they’ve evolved. Some more suited to hot, while others more suited to cold. Look at cold sports such as NHL -- who’s dominating? The Whites. Look at hot sports such as Track & Field, NFL, MLB -- who’s dominating? The Blacks.
Cshel86
QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Oct 6 2011, 11:23 AM) *
Contrary to what most are saying, I don’t believe there is any bit of racism in what the thread author was trying to say.

IF someone would say “Pacquiao isn’t black so he’s not allowed in boxing,” or “he’s not black so he shouldn’t win in boxing” -- would be something that constitutes racism, yes.
BUT to say that “Pacquiao is not black, so he’s not as sleek as black fighters” ain’t racism. It’s simply factual.

If there were two bears -- one black and one white (polar bear) -- and I go and say the white bear don’t stand a chance in the hot forest, does that mean I hate the white bear?? No. It’s simply factual. Because we all know that Polar bears are evolved in such a way that their body can only withstand cold temperatures (that’s why they live in the arctic). Of course these are animal facts.

Now applying the same analogy on humans, history have shown and proven time and time again that in the sport of boxing, blacks tend to be more sleek (its like their body is just built for it). This doesn’t mean that Asians are not good or that the author of this thread hates Asians. Asians, for the record, are good in some other sports where Blacks tend to perform poorly at. Nature has a way of balancing things out.
Similar to their animal counterparts, humans (depending on skin color) vary on how they’ve evolved. Some more suited to hot, while others more suited to cold. Look at cold sports such as NHL -- who’s dominating? The Whites. Look at hot sports such as Track & Field, NFL, MLB -- who’s dominating? The Blacks.

Wow, so you took the heat off of Vaughn's back (which there was none) and put it in on your own back? Brilliant! Good job Buffalo...I see more racial stereotypes in your post than his. Im sure there will be more attention paid to your post than the opening post.

He only made reference to what Hopkins said, but you pulled out some stuff of your own. "Blacks tend to be more sleek (its like their body is just built for it)". The Whites?! The Blacks?! C'mon Buffalo! Not saying that you like making racial stereotypes or anything, but dang.
Spyder
QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Oct 6 2011, 11:23 AM) *
Look at cold sports such as NHL -- who’s dominating? The Whites. Look at hot sports such as Track & Field, NFL, MLB -- who’s dominating? The Blacks.

Actually, MLB has a pretty good mix of stars of ALL races...if anything, I would say the Latin dudes have the edge. And the NFL is more position dominated than anything...sure you have more black running backs and defensive backs...but the overwhelming number of white QB's and kickers pretty much make that a wash...all other positions are an even split.

Track and Field...eh, you can have that one...those Kenyans have been running from Lions and shit in the Serengeti for century's. No other race can match that type of commitment to excellence.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 6 2011, 01:05 PM) *
Actually, MLB has a pretty good mix of stars of ALL races...if anything, I would say the Latin dudes have the edge. And the NFL is more position dominated than anything...sure you have more black running backs and defensive backs...but the overwhelming number of white QB's and kickers pretty much make that a wash...all other positions are an even split.

Track and Field...eh, you can have that one...those Kenyans have been running from Lions and shit in the Serengeti for century's. No other race can match that type of commitment to excellence.

YOU RACIST BASTARD... lol... jkjk

but i was thinkin the same thing.... MLB is deff Latin America...
and those Kenyans will run 8 Miles to the nearest store, then run bacc home to grab some change if theres a sale on Apples... True Story.
checkleft
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Oct 6 2011, 12:40 AM) *
Could it be there just isn't that many African American boxers out there ranging from 135-147? Zahir Raheem wouldn't have done shit with Pacquiao. Zahir Raheem went on to lost to Acelino Freitas and get ko'd by Ali Funeka in four rounds. He didn't fight Raheem because in 2006 nobody would have bought that PPV. Morales was the A side of those PPV's in 05 and January 06. As for prime Shane vs. Prime Manny. Who knows...It would have been one hell of a fight though, as both guys had tremendous speed.

This can never be said in boxing.. in boxing just because one guy beats other doesn't mean they will be the guy that lost. Theirs dozens of examples of this in boxing history. A recent one for example is Hopkins pavlik and Taylor. Hopkins lost to Taylor who lost to Pavlic who got beat by Hopkins.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 6 2011, 04:46 PM) *
This can never be said in boxing.. in boxing just because one guy beats other doesn't mean they will be the guy that lost. Theirs dozens of examples of this in boxing history. A recent one for example is Hopkins pavlik and Taylor. Hopkins lost to Taylor who lost to Pavlic who got beat by Hopkins.

Yeah I definitely understand your logic, and it does have some truth to it. Something like Cotto beating Mosley, and Mosley beating Margarito who beat Cotto. In this case, Pacquiao was a big ticket seller that had just lost to Morales, so Im sure Bob didn't want to take any chances and put him in there against a bigger Raheem who beat Morales.

Besides, Morales had just beat Pac, so wouldn't you possibly think that Raheem could've landed a PPV fight with a guy who beat a top super featherweight that nobody was able to beat? That goes to show you that Raheem wasn't selling any tickets, so therefore he wasn't a priority. Good post!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.