Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: An Old Contender Returns Who Was Feared
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingEinstein

Reports are being posted and spoken of that Arthur Abraham is returning to the middle weight ranks where he was once undefeated and feared. Arthur even stated his size put him at a disadvantage in the super middlweight division. His return to the weight will spark some contrast who he will eventually face.

Bring it guys...

Arthur Abraham vs Mayorga?

Arthur Abraham vs Kirkland vs Angulo loser

or Arthur Abraham vs Pirog??

your ideas and thoughts please.
thehype
Perfect. Maybe Sergio Martinez will have a decent opponent now.
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 5 2011, 06:19 PM) *

Ehh...I see Martinez getting a UD on this one. Barker's defence is like Arthur's any ways and he throws less shots as Barker. Unless he KO's him which will be a achievement as no one has yet KO'd him and to date Dirrell is the only one to knock him down.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 5 2011, 06:19 PM) *

I really like that match up..

But I honestly thinks its gonna be a good BOXER who beats martinez...

Andy Lee dosent have the power I think..

Hey... Lee vs. Abraham? ..

I like Lee mayorga too.... me thinks they slug it out from rnd 1..
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Oct 5 2011, 06:35 PM) *
I really like that match up..

But I honestly thinks its gonna be a good BOXER who beats martinez...

Andy Lee dosent have the power I think..

Hey... Lee vs. Abraham? ..

I like Lee mayorga too.... me thinks they slug it out from rnd 1..

The middle weight is a very good division. It's just that with Arum controlling the main money as far as Cotto, Margarito and JCC Jr. he will keep shit in house and that hurts the division. But with Abraham coming back it livens it up a bit. Sulaiman even stated that the winner of JCC Jr. vs Manfredy Jr. HAS TO FIGHT Martinez but i see Arum paying off Jose to allow him a quick pass.

You got...

Cotto

Margarito

Mayorga

Martinez

Lee

Lara

Paul Williams

Molina

Cintron

Pirog

Abraham

Sturm

Macklin

Golovkin

Angulo

Kirkland

Vanes

Wolak

take yo picks

mrchitown
Abraham will make for a good scrap against any fighter in the middleweight division. He will definitely add some intrigue to a weight class that is seen as lacking stars or lack of intriguing match ups. I'd like to see him in with Andy Lee. That would be a great matchup for both. If he went after Martinez, I think he'd lose a UD. But this is a definite good thing for the division and for Arthur
Maxy
If he can get back down without sacrificing any of his strength then he'll be a legitimate force for pretty much every middleweight out there. I mean, it's not as if the division is laden with talent at the minute is it? Martinez-Abraham is a good fight.
EAlbian
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 5 2011, 05:42 PM) *
The middle weight is a very good division. It's just that with Arum controlling the main money as far as Cotto, Margarito and JCC Jr. he will keep shit in house and that hurts the division. But with Abraham coming back it livens it up a bit. Sulaiman even stated that the winner of JCC Jr. vs Manfredy Jr. HAS TO FIGHT Martinez but i see Arum paying off Jose to allow him a quick pass.

You got...

Cotto

Margarito

Mayorga

Martinez

Lee

Lara

Paul Williams

Molina

Cintron

Pirog

Abraham

Sturm

Macklin

Golovkin

Angulo

Kirkland

Vanes

Wolak

take yo picks

?? basically all of the guys you listed are Jr MW who have never even seen 160 before. MW is not strong right now, you have:

Martinez
Pirong
Macklin
Sturm
Geale
Lee
Quillen
Golovkin

in that order, imo, with the addition of Abraham
bnoles4life
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 5 2011, 05:31 PM) *
Ehh...I see Martinez getting a UD on this one. Barker's defence is like Arthur's any ways and he throws less shots as Barker. Unless he KO's him which will be a achievement as no one has yet KO'd him and to date Dirrell is the only one to knock him down.

Serg wins that easily...Abraham's best chance is during Serg's usual intermission: rounds 6-8. Meaning, he always seems to be a bit gassed consistently during that period. Funny thing though....that's about the time Abraham usually began his attack.
JONdaCON817
Arthur did an awesome impersonation of Joshua Clottey in his fight with Ward... i think he'd probably look the same vs Martinez.... he may try to come on late but i dont think he has the power to get a last minute KO (coulda been the weight issue, idkk).... this fight could be a brawl or it could be a one sided beating.... depends on which Arthur shows up.... im more inclined to believe itll be a lopsided ass kiccing Martinez would dish out.... not to mention it would help boost Martinez's name in Europe (idkk how well he's known out there), especially in Germany..

Euro fans seem like the type to like you if you beat one of there heroes as appose to Americans, we'll juss hate the shyt outta you... i could be wrong but the way May was embraced after he demolished Hatton leads me to believe that...

either way he wouldnt win a Martinez fight... but Lee vs Abraham would ne nice!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.