Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Martinez Chavez jr?!?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Nay_Sayer
What happened to this fight?
JONdaCON817
Chavez Jr. didnt wanna commit career suicide....
Cshel86
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Oct 6 2011, 01:23 PM) *
What happened to this fight?

Bob Arum's involved, so that should speak volumes in itself. He's trying to keep the lazy, Princess Chavez Jr from a potential ass-kicking, so that he can milk the cow and Chavez can keep Martinez's belt that the WBC stripped him of. Whenever Arum's involved, nothing is ever simple math...it always turns into Trig and Calculus.

You preached to the choir on that one (JONdaCON817)!
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Oct 6 2011, 12:33 PM) *
Bob Arum's involved, so that should speak volumes in itself. He's trying to keep the lazy, Princess Chavez Jr from a potential ass-kicking, so that he can milk the cow and Chavez can keep Martinez's belt that the WBC stripped him of. Whenever Arum's involved, nothing is ever simple math...it always turns into Trig and Calculus.

+1
yezzir!!
Cshel86
Im still thinking about how that big lazy street lamp rehydrated to 180 lbs for the Zbik fight. I mean you're sure to put on a few pounds overnight after the weigh-in, but 20 lbs?! dntknw.gif Im wondering if this will be a deciding factor for the Martinez fight, could possibly be a deal-breaker if they make a big deal out of it.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Oct 6 2011, 01:44 PM) *
Im still thinking about how that big lazy street lamp rehydrated to 180 lbs for the Zbik fight. I mean you're sure to put on a few pounds overnight after the weigh-in, but 20 lbs?! dntknw.gif Im wondering if this will be a deciding factor for the Martinez fight, could possibly be a deal-breaker if they make a big deal out of it.

If Martinez was smart he'd take the fight even if JR rehydrated to 200...LMAO. it wouldnt matter.. but he does like sluggish... maybe he shouldnt walk around so heavy... that cant be good for you...
Big Slim Sweet
It's going to be quite a neat trick for Arum to pull off keeping the green belt around Chavez Jr's ample waist while simultaneously keeping him as far away from Sergio Martinez as possible. Nonetheless I have absolute faith in Bob's ability to do just that.

Cshel86
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Oct 6 2011, 03:59 PM) *
It's going to be quite a neat trick for Arum to pull off keeping the green belt around Chavez Jr's ample waist while simultaneously keeping him as far away from Sergio Martinez as possible. Nonetheless I have absolute faith in Bob's ability to do just that.

I agree...its never been a stretch for Arum to pull some bullshit.
gravytrain
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Oct 6 2011, 03:59 PM) *

the WBC and Arum can keep the belt with him. they'll give him soft mandatories then Arum will fill the rest of his schedule with cans
JONdaCON817
Found this on BoxingScene...

Martinez says hes waiting for Chavez to Vacate the title once hes mandated to defend it....

he also went on to say he'd be ringside for the Manfredo/JCC jr fight...

he says if JR wins hes gonna walk in the ring and Challenge him, if he refuses then he'll take the belt off his hands then and there... if he accepts, then theyll set up a date for early 2012... LMAO.

idkk if Bob Arums is gonna be able to keep Martinez off JCC Jr.... hahaha. what a gangsta... LOVE IT!!

I wish more fighters were out to bust Arums balls.. hahahaha
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Oct 6 2011, 04:54 PM) *

Martinez says hes waiting for Chavez to Vacate the title once hes mandated to defend it....

he says if JR wins hes gonna walk in the ring and Challenge him, if he refuses then he'll take the belt off his hands then and there... if he accepts, then theyll set up a date for early 2012... LMAO.

idkk if Bob Arums is gonna be able to keep Martinez off JCC Jr.... hahaha. what a gangsta... LOVE IT!!

James Toney and Floyd is the only one to disregard Arum as fighters.

caneman
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Oct 6 2011, 03:54 PM) *

Maravilla needs to bitch slap Jr and the ABC's of the world...peep this and look @ 160! Only the IBF even has him ranked? What a joke! http://www.fightnews.com/rankings-2
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 6 2011, 04:03 PM) *
James Toney and Floyd is the only one to disregard Arum as fighters.

hmmm maybe thats why i love those 2 sooo much!!!....lol
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (caneman @ Oct 6 2011, 04:16 PM) *
Maravilla needs to bitch slap Jr and the ABC's of the world...peep this and look @ 160! Only the IBF even has him ranked? What a joke! http://www.fightnews.com/rankings-2

Im right with you Cane...

WTF is that about??... geeze these fvccers must be blind, deaf and dumb....
even then, they still have him at 5... how the hell is he at 5 and barker at 4??... wth? there aint even a 1 and 2.. smh.... thats like being 4th string on a team with No 2nd and 3rd string....
bnoles4life
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Oct 6 2011, 01:44 PM) *

Serg should take that fight and HELP him rehydrate....lol. It's not gonna matter, unless of course, Top Rank demands a $10M per pound penalty against Martinez, for every pound UNDER 190 he dares to come in for the fight.
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (caneman @ Oct 6 2011, 05:16 PM) *

C'mon son!!!It's fucking fight news for christ fucks!!! boxrec is the best and most accurate. I implore you to for now on check for only on boxrec.com not any other place, not even the ringmagazine.com because they have became bias.
checkleft
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Oct 6 2011, 12:33 PM) *

yea, arum was livid about him fighting hearns! If that's to much risk, than Martinez is as they said career suicide.
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Oct 6 2011, 03:54 PM) *

I would pay to see Martinez do that! Right on!
caneman
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 6 2011, 04:50 PM) *
C'mon son!!!It's fucking fight news for christ fucks!!! boxrec is the best and most accurate. I implore you to for now on check for only on boxrec.com not any other place, not even the ringmagazine.com because they have became bias.

I was referring to where the ABC's had Maravilla, not where they should be n00b! boxrec had Salido over Gamboa before Gamboa's last fight so whatever! You really think you an Einstien don't you? Man please!
Sunni6Killer
Fight was pushed aside for JCC Jr vs Rubio... oh wait.
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (caneman @ Oct 6 2011, 06:25 PM) *
I was referring to where the ABC's had Maravilla, not where they should be n00b! boxrec had Salido over Gamboa before Gamboa's last fight so whatever! You really think you an Einstien don't you? Man please!

And you must be referring from one of the "worst" boxing ranked websites and yet your complaining about ranks? Ironic but then again I think not since you are named 'caneman' i think that solves why.
torvix3000
Why do the newbies (lots of them Flomos) think that what they were posting here have never been talked about before they invaded this site?

For example: This BoxingEinstein think that Caneman is using Boxrec as a main reference simply because Caneman refered to it. In fact he thinks that people here think BoxRec is reliable. Lol!

Maybe we should all kid talk them so they will understand.
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (torvix3000 @ Oct 6 2011, 08:16 PM) *
Why do the newbies (lots of them Flomos) think that what they were posting here have never been talked about before they invaded this site?

For example: This BoxingEinstein think that Caneman is using Boxrec as a main reference simply because Caneman refered to it. In fact he thinks that people here think BoxRec is reliable. Lol!

Maybe we should all kid talk them so they will understand.

Wait?! What's This? Aren't you Torvix? the Pacman fan lover that was banned for good?? Now your back, climbing out Pacman's ass from once you came. It's funny, I'm far from the afro mentioned word used as "Flomo" because I have been critical of Mayweather usually the likes that he could challenge himself more, he should fight more, he should drop ODST, etc. so your very inaccurate on your assumption of me, thank you. I'm far from a newbie on this site, I've been a regular reader of fighthype since 2003 and you do the math since the site was put up. I just now this year decided to make an account on these message boards. I'm very against fans of boxers and not the sport itself. I've stated I liked Mayweather as a boxer and I like Pacquiao as a fighter and I'm critical on both because unlike you, I'm not bias.

Obviously you didn't read everything but instead skimmed like a 5th grader does 500 paged books. Caneman referenced fight news.com which is one of the worst ranked boxing websites because they are too bias, probably even more than boxingscene.com but you should know that since your probably a former member of that website. I referred Caneman to use boxrec because they are the most accurate boxing website and are not bias. They may not be the "most" reliable (I doubt any other site is) but they are the closest thing to being accurate. Sadly, I was never an example and shouldn't be as I gained some respect for my non bias attitude unlike a person such as yourself.

Good day.
torvix3000
Lol!!! The problem with you was that you read everything and... still ended up shit.
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (torvix3000 @ Oct 6 2011, 10:14 PM) *
Lol!!! The problem with you was that you read everything and... still ended up shit.

And the problem with you is that as a fan you aren't shit. I hope you get banned, you and along with many other "Flomos" and Pacman only fans. You little shits make boxing that much worse, you all should be duct taped in rooms listening to replays of Lennonx Lewis' commentary over and over again. Your all like his commentating.....fucking terrible.

God, sometimes I wish that Pacman and Mayweather were both like the rest of the other fighters in sport as far as terms of income, then maybe the fight been would have been done and the fans of both fighters would disappear once and for all.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 6 2011, 08:51 PM) *
I've been a regular reader of fighthype since 2003 and you do the math

Fighthype started in 2007 Einstein.
PColeman28
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Oct 6 2011, 11:44 AM) *

Yea he gained a grip. The biggest thing i noticed was how chavez took a lot of punches and that's his style.....fighting martinez like that won't turn out well for chavez..... I want the fight to happen but i doubt it happens anytime soon
Cshel86
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Oct 6 2011, 11:02 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (PColeman28 @ Oct 6 2011, 11:06 PM) *
Yea he gained a grip. The biggest thing i noticed was how chavez took a lot of punches and that's his style.....fighting martinez like that won't turn out well for chavez..... I want the fight to happen but i doubt it happens anytime soon

Yeah he took a lot of punches because he was damn near a cruiserweight figthting a guy that was couple of pounds under the super middleweight limit AND he was feather-fisted. Martinez's punches will be more effective than Zbik's, but if Chavez comes in at 180, then Sergio will still have to chop down a tree.
caneman
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 6 2011, 06:55 PM) *
And you must be referring from one of the "worst" boxing ranked websites and yet your complaining about ranks? Ironic but then again I think not since you are named 'caneman' i think that solves why.

Whatever dude, I was still just talking about where the ABC's had him... fightnews's ranking ain't that bad meanwhile boxrec has
lee #4 @ middleweight? Yet I am suppose to think it's so much better and unbiased like you think? I go to many sites but tell me this,
where are the ABC ranking on boxrec? My point again was that only that only one body even had Maravilla ranked and that was the IBF!!!

NO MATTER WHAT, WHERE WAS ONE THING THAT I SAID IN THIS THREAD THAT WASN'T SPOT ON??
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Oct 7 2011, 04:02 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Ouch!
caneman
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Oct 6 2011, 10:02 PM) *

So true but just wondering, even though Ben did all the work and kept the boards going...does anyone consider these boards as part of the old boards? I joined these boards in 2001! Just a few years ago! lol!
JONdaCON817
The name Einstein is perfect for pointin out obvious, idiotic remarks with excessive sarcasm....

Nice one, Einstein... clapping.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.