Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alex Ariza says 3 rounds?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Prov0
okay so i just wanted to get everyones opinion on the Pacquiao vs JMM fight.basically what if?

Alex ariza is saying that this fight wont go past 3 rounds says that "you got a Bigger,Stronger,faster fighter in Pacquiao also says that Manny wasnt the fighter he is now'

Now we have all heard about the PED's and it being connected with Pacquiao. Manny fought JMM on March 15 2008 .3 and half years ago and Manny was 29 years old .JMM feels he won that fight so do alot of people .Now WHAT IF? Pacquiao destroys JMM and say after the Fight JMM says hes Stronger and faster than hes better. do you guys think that will raise more questions about manny on PED's

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
No, because Marquez is not a welterweight. He's a lightweight at best, and has no business at this higher weight. He won't be destroyed either.
BoxingEinstein

I wished Pacman would've rematched Marquez back when they were at the lighter weights. I still see Marquez's skills giving Manny problems. Team Pacman even trained way before the fight, LOL
Prov0
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Oct 6 2011, 04:54 PM) *
No, because Marquez is not a welterweight. He's a lightweight at best, and has no business at this higher weight. He won't be destroyed either.

i get what your saying i agree.JMM shouldnt be at that weight .but in the public eye .those that really aint hardcore boxing fans i dont think will pay attention to the weight they will be like well they fought 3 years ago how come Pac couldnt do that before lol
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Prov0 @ Oct 6 2011, 06:04 PM) *
i get what your saying i agree.JMM shouldnt be at that weight .but in the public eye .those that really aint hardcore boxing fans i dont think will pay attention to the weight they will be like well they fought 3 years ago how come Pac couldnt do that before lol

Because Freddie Roach is a smart man and a very good match maker. He knows Marquez is a tough son of a bitch and is hoping this weight and age increase puts Marquez at a disadvantage, which hopefully will help Manny. As a boxing fan Manny doesn't get real creditability for this win but only if he KO's him which would be a achievement.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 6 2011, 05:08 PM) *
Because Freddie Roach is a smart man and a very good match maker. He knows Marquez is a tough son of a bitch and is hoping this weight and age increase puts Marquez at a disadvantage, which hopefully will help Manny. As a boxing fan Manny doesn't get real creditability for this win but only if he KO's him which would be a achievement.

If JMM was smart...well, if he was smart he wouldn't have accepted this fight...be that as it may, if he's smart, he won't come in an ounce over 140.
Box in Hand
I hate Alex Ariza's face so much I could literally punch a hole in the screen every time he shows up!! Ok, well touching on his prediction, he may be right since Pacquaio and company have handicapped yet another fighter before the fight begins. Marquez is so hungry for the fight he is fighting above his best weight so yeah Pacquiao by blowout!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Oct 6 2011, 06:25 PM) *
I hate Alex Ariza's face so much I could literally punch a hole in the screen every time he shows up!! Ok, well touching on his prediction, he may be right since Pacquaio and company have handicapped yet another fighter before the fight begins. Marquez is so hungry for the fight he is fighting above his best weight so yeah Pacquiao by blowout!

You have a point about them handicapping his opponents, but I guess the opponents need money, so they take the fights. Though Marquez is once again biting off more than he can chew by fighting above lightweight, he still has somewhat of a chance in this one. Pac has always been bigger (2nd fight) and stronger (both fights) than Marquez, so there's not really a surprise there.

Unlike his bad outing against Floyd, which whom he couldn't hit because he was way faster; he knows how to hit Pacquiao and he can catch him coming in or by way of countering him. Besides, he's been down this road twice, so he knows how to land those ounches, but the concern is how he will perform down the stretch.

*Oh yeah, I may have this thread merged soon, so be on the lookout.
King Eugene
Fight wont go past 5
Method
I hope the fight is competitive and goes rounds.

I really hope it does.

PS - Is it me or does every pic used of Alex Ariza on the front page paint him as some sort of ratty scumbag. He's always got some sort of smarmy look on his face.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 6 2011, 06:47 PM) *
I hope the fight is competitive and goes rounds.

I really hope it does.

PS - Is it me or does every pic used of Alex Ariza on the front page paint him as some sort of ratty scumbag. He's always got some sort of smarmy look on his face.

Um yeah he is a ratty scumbag and sorry this fight won't be competitive with Marquez hitting the deck at least twice.
PColeman28
I just have a hard time seeing this fight going past 5 or 6 rounds...i think it will be competive for a round or 2 but i think once pac gets in a grove he'll knock him out or get late stoppage...Ill be completely shocked if this fight goes all 12
Lil-lightsout
Pac knows to end this early, and he will. He is a different monster now, and JMM does not hold the weight that well and his chin is definitely going to get cracked this time. It will be fun as long as it lasts though.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Prov0 @ Oct 6 2011, 05:04 PM) *

Those that aren't hardcore fans? If (when) Pacquiao knocks him out early they'll be going bonkers about it, saying Floyd only beat him by decision but The Mighty Pac knocked him out.

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 6 2011, 09:48 PM) *
Pac knows to end this early, and he will. He is a different monster now, and JMM does not hold the weight that well and his chin is definitely going to get cracked this time. It will be fun as long as it lasts though.

Agree 100%. Marquez will always fight him tooth and nail but this time Pac's gonna get the job done early - the way he almost did twice before.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 7 2011, 12:47 PM) *

Snap! I've been thinking the same thing. It's like they've gone through the Alex Ariza photo archive and gone:

"hmm which photo can we find that shows him looking duplicitous and conniving." laugh.gif
Spyder
QUOTE (Method @ Oct 6 2011, 07:47 PM) *

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 6 2011, 11:52 PM) *
Snap! I've been thinking the same thing. It's like they've gone through the Alex Ariza photo archive and gone:

"hmm which photo can we find that shows him looking duplicitous and conniving." laugh.gif

Whoa, whoa, whoa...easy guys...Ixnay on the Arizanay

DubC
He took Cottos best shots (first round Manny put his hands down and let Cotto hit him), and it didn't put him down...Clottey, Margs...Took some good shots from them too...Didn't faze Manny at all

Marquez can't punch near as hard as any of those guys, and although he is a great counter puncher- I don't even see a flash knockdown coming in this fight...Manny is a much better fighter now than he was then...We can talk about him having Freddy in the corner, the PED's, or just him growing as a fighter-but end of story, he is much better at this stage than he was in their first two fights...

I think Paq will blow Marquez out, first 2 or 3 rounds might be entertaining...I don't think this fight will be anything close to the first 2-but I HOPE it is...
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Margarito had Pacquiao doubled over with a body shot in the 6th round, although he did recover well. I'm wondering if this fight will kind of look like Morales-Pacquiao 3. A fight that was kind of unnecessary, but will be entertaining til the end.
DubC
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Oct 6 2011, 11:03 PM) *
Margarito had Pacquiao doubled over with a body shot in the 6th round, although he did recover well. I'm wondering if this fight will kind of look like Morales-Pacquiao 3. A fight that was kind of unnecessary, but will be entertaining til the end.

Good point, forgot about that...Paq is vulnerable to the body, he can be hurt there...If JMM wants to pull it out, he needs to counter to the body and try to wear Manny out...Countering to that Melon won't do JMM any good..

I'm sure they have a good plan for the fight, I just hope its more competitive that I think it will be...

I think this is actually the best fight that TR has made for Paq in quite some time, although it is overdue by a few years...I just hope JMM holds the weight well, he should weigh in at most-140...We saw him against May at the higher weight (and although he would have lost regardless) he looked sluggish, and didn't even look in good shape...

drinks.gif
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Not trying to say that Marquez will faze Manny either because he won't. I think Marquez has the survival skills to last late into the fight, but the size differential will be too much. I really expect Pac to win a fairly wide decision. Marquez will have a couple moments, but he won't be able to keep Pac off of him. Marquez will land some really flush shots, but Pac will walk through them and simply outwork him as the fight goes on. Marquez will go into survival mode and probably last all 12 rounds. I wish this fight happened in late 2008 at 130 or 135. It would have been an epic third fight, but is what it is.
Prov0
anyone know about the weight clause for instance ok the agreed weight is 144.now what happens if JMM comes in at like 138 or 140?will the fight still go on!
pacs fights at 147 and 150 and never makes the weight comes in lower.
ChadSaysTakeTheTest
If it turns out to be a good fight.. Pacquiao wasnt on his shit for the fight,
If it turns out to be a kill, you know that mofo takin somethin.

Good day.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (ChadSaysTakeTheTest @ Oct 7 2011, 08:35 PM) *
If it turns out to be a good fight.. Pacquiao wasnt on his shit for the fight,
If it turns out to be a kill, you know that mofo takin somethin.

Good day.

Translation:

1) If Pac struggles no need for PBF to fight him because he would thrash him.

OR

2) If Pac looks good no need for PBF to fight him because he won't take the tess.

Good day (and fuck off)
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 7 2011, 11:24 AM) *
Translation:

1) If Pac struggles no need for PBF to fight him because he would thrash him.

OR

2) If Pac looks good no need for PBF to fight him because he won't take the tess.

Good day (and fuck off)

Pretty much. It would be another case of Floyd fooling his fans into handing him another W over a dangerous opponent without ever stepping in the ring with them.

Chads posts are p4p top 5 most horrendous
Allmenjoi8
If the fight goes the distance and is decidede by a decision, is that a win for Pac or did JMM fight a good fight? If he doesn't knock out JMM in the first 3 rounds and it ends up in the judges hands how will the boxing world view this fight? I think if it goes the distance it will make the Bradley fight that more interesting. Can Pac knock out the younger champion? I think it will be in Pac's best interest to take this fight to the cards.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Oct 7 2011, 02:34 PM) *
If the fight goes the distance and is decidede by a decision, is that a win for Pac or did JMM fight a good fight? If he doesn't knock out JMM in the first 3 rounds and it ends up in the judges hands how will the boxing world view this fight? I think if it goes the distance it will make the Bradley fight that more interesting. Can Pac knock out the younger champion? I think it will be in Pac's best interest to take this fight to the cards.

If it goes to a decision, and the judges score their respective cards in favour of Pac, then yes, in that case, that would represent a win for Pac. If however it goes to the judges and they score in favour of Marquez, then that would be a win for him. There are various other scenarios that could also happen should the judges come into play. You could for example, end up with a draw, a split decision, a majority decision.... you know.

HOWEVER....

Thats not how the man god rolls. He will do what Floyd couldn't and smash JMM into pieces. And he will do it at the stipulated weight.
Prov0
ok so we all kno how Pac walked thru Cotto.Margarito and clotteys punches.and we all assume hes going to walk thruJMM punches in Nov and 3 years ago Pac couldnt walk thru JMM punches.

like i said i think this was a bad choice for team Pac to fight JMM .JMM has already came out saying he should have won he knows he beat him and has also came out saying Floyd is better and would beat Pac. now if JMM gets destroyed and says oh hes stronger hits harder shouldnt that raise eyebrows.pac is not a welterweight he barely tips the scale at 144 .and i dont see the argument oh well pac got better. IMO they fought when manny was 29 and at the age of 29 a man doesnt get strong grow a big ass head and gets a widee back and gains muscle with no body fat lol.

lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Prov0 @ Oct 7 2011, 03:41 PM) *
ok so we all kno how Pac walked thru Cotto.Margarito and clotteys punches.and we all assume hes going to walk thruJMM punches in Nov and 3 years ago Pac couldnt walk thru JMM punches.

like i said i think this was a bad choice for team Pac to fight JMM .JMM has already came out saying he should have won he knows he beat him and has also came out saying Floyd is better and would beat Pac. now if JMM gets destroyed and says oh hes stronger hits harder shouldnt that raise eyebrows.pac is not a welterweight he barely tips the scale at 144 .and i dont see the argument oh well pac got better. IMO they fought when manny was 29 and at the age of 29 a man doesnt get strong grow a big ass head and gets a widee back and gains muscle with no body fat lol.

So whats your point?
wolterb
QUOTE (Prov0 @ Oct 7 2011, 11:41 AM) *

thats not neccessarily true. males have been known to continue developing physically into their late twenties and sometimes thirties...thats just run of the mill average dudes. if you throw in boxing regiments and diets etc...its perfectly normal for a male's physical appearance to change, drastically, into their thirties.

i kno what yer gettin at and i understand that angle...but i do think theres a bit too much investment into the issue of pacquiao looking different over a span of time by fans. there are plenty of other examples of boxers, where if you compared the photographs of them from their early 20s to their 30s or even 40s, they look quite different from their earlier bodies
Prov0
my point is does this hurt Pac if he destrotys JMM in 3 like Ariza says.
if JMM gets his ass destroyed like i think he will.and comes out saying Pac is Stronger.Hits harder!!

Prov0
QUOTE (wolterb @ Oct 7 2011, 10:51 AM) *
thats not neccessarily true. males have been known to continue developing physically into their late twenties and sometimes thirties...thats just run of the mill average dudes. if you throw in boxing regiments and diets etc...its perfectly normal for a male's physical appearance to change, drastically, into their thirties.

i kno what yer gettin at and i understand that angle...but i do think theres a bit too much investment into the issue of pacquiao looking different over a span of time by fans. there are plenty of other examples of boxers, where if you compared the photographs of them from their early 20s to their 30s or even 40s, they look quite different from their earlier bodies

nice post.now can u explain the head size lol the man from a 6 7/8 in a fitted cap to a size 8 in 3 years LoL .jk
wolterb
QUOTE (Prov0 @ Oct 7 2011, 11:55 AM) *
if JMM gets his ass destroyed like i think he will.and comes out saying Pac is Stronger.Hits harder!!

gotchya. i don't think it will at all.
for the fans who are bent on proving pac uses, this will be just another piece of evidence to be posted on youtube vids lol.
for everyone else there are plenty of other circumstances to consider if jmm gets rocked and they wanna explain it - the weight jump, jmm is older, pac improved on his skills etc.

for the most part though, i think if pac demolishes jmm itll only enhance his stock. people like pac because he has the ability to knock a block off, they wanna see that.

side note, both of their previous fights were fuckin awesome and i dont see how this one will be much different. i want marquez to win but even if he doesnt we know both dudes are gonna give it 100% unless pac tries to play the 'merciful boxer' angle
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Prov0 @ Oct 7 2011, 03:55 PM) *

I know what your getting at too, why dont you just start spouting off the TAKE THE TESS bullshit and be done with it?

Of all the people who can't come out and question (with any credibility) Manny Pacquaio knocking them on their arse, its Juan Manuel Marquez. Manny has decked him four times in two fights at lower weights, Manny has looked a lot better at the higher weight and has grown into it much better than Marquez. Couple those facts with the fact that Pac has improved in the last few years and JMM has (IMO) declined (legs and ability to pull the trigger), why should it be a surpirse to anyone if Pac finishes the job the first time he properly gets to Marquez?
wolterb
QUOTE (Prov0 @ Oct 7 2011, 11:58 AM) *
nice post.now can u explain the head size lol the man from a 6 7/8 in a fitted cap to a size 8 in 3 years LoL .jk

lol i cant

i might suggest that his head hasnt grown larger, but that pac smiles so much that those cheek muscles been gettin a work out of a life time lol
Spyder
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 7 2011, 12:05 PM) *
I know what your getting at too, why dont you just start spouting off the TAKE THE TESS bullshit and be done with it?

Of all the people who can't come out and question (with any credibility) Manny Pacquaio knocking them on their arse, its Juan Manuel Marquez. Manny has decked him four times in two fights at lower weights, Manny has looked a lot better at the higher weight and has grown into it much better than Marquez. Couple those facts with the fact that Pac has improved in the last few years and JMM has (IMO) declined (legs and ability to pull the trigger), why should it be a surpirse to anyone if Pac finishes the job the first time he properly gets to Marquez?

Nonsense.

TAKE THE TESS!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Oct 7 2011, 10:34 AM) *

If this fight goes the distance in similar fashion as the first two fights, then that only proves that JMM has Pac's number in regards to gicing him a good fight, thats it. If JMM happens to win, then he can land a few more good fights, more so at 140 since there's better competition in that division, than lightweight (most of the 135 lbers are getting ready to move up anyway). JMM is a great game fighter, but he's just 2 years shy of slapping 40 in the face, as far as age is concerned, so his next few fights need to be "safe" money fights.

Either way this fight goes next month, Tweety Bird (Bradley) will still get smashed by Pacquiao. The only interesting thing about the Bradley/Pacquiao fight, would be the fact that Bradley is even in the ring with Pac to begin with laugh.gif Bradley has never dealt with a Pacquiao-type fighter, if there is such thing as one. As soon as Tweety Bird feels one of those punches, we will immediatey wonder what he's gotten himself into...and hopefully he doesn't have to spend that fat check trying to piece his face back together.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Oct 7 2011, 04:25 PM) *
If this fight goes the distance in similar fashion as the first two fights, then that only proves that JMM has Pac's number in regards to gicing him a good fight, thats it. If JMM happens to win, then he can land a few more good fights, more so at 140 since there's better competition in that division, than lightweight (most of the 135 lbers are getting ready to move up anyway). JMM is a great game fighter, but he's just 2 years shy of slapping 40 in the face, as far as age is concerned, so his next few fights need to be "safe" money fights.

Either way this fight goes next month, Tweety Bird (Bradley) will still get smashed by Pacquiao. The only interesting thing about the Bradley/Pacquiao fight, would be the fact that Bradley is even in the ring with Pac to begin with laugh.gif Bradley has never dealt with a Pacquiao-type fighter, if there is such thing as one. As soon as Tweety Bird feels one of those punches, we will immediatey wonder what he's gotten himself into...and hopefully he doesn't have to spend that fat check trying to piece his face back together.

Indeed, Bradley is going to find out that sticking the head on Evanders Holyfields secret bastard is a lot different to sticking the head on the actual living breathing incarnation of god. Bradleys big dome will crumple up like the ringwraith in lord of the rings 3.

Bradley should really try harder to get Floyd in the ring than Manny. I've developed a taste for watching Floyd get headbutted and would like to see a pro like Bradley have his way.
Cshel86
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 7 2011, 12:32 PM) *
Indeed, Bradley is going to find out that sticking the head on Evanders Holyfields secret bastard is a lot different to sticking the head on the actual living breathing incarnation of god. Bradleys big dome will crumple up like the ringwraith in lord of the rings 3.

Bradley should really try harder to get Floyd in the ring than Manny. I've developed a taste for watching Floyd get headbutted and would like to see a pro like Bradley have his way.

Lol! I would combine Bradley's potential performance with the outings of Hatton and D. Diaz when they fought Pac. If he rushes head first like Hatton, then it will be a short night. If he stretches it out, then it will be a slow beating. Im just thinking about how Pac fought Diaz and how he used less of those hellacious combinations, and handled him in a "right-handed" manner. Dude couldn't miss Diaz with those right hooks...he almost looked like a completely different fighter that night.

Im sure that Bradley wont just stand there and take a beating, but he has to be quick and elusive enough to slip some of those punches, because SOME of those are gonna land. The crazy thing is, Pac can put you on your ass with grazing punches from weird angles, which Im not sure Bradley is not ready for. Pac CAN be hit, so if Bradley can manage to stick and move, then he will have a better chance in the fight.

You're right, a Floyd fight first, would be better than a Pac fight, because people will only want to see Bradley/Pac just to see if Pac can outdo Floyd's performance. Sucks for Bradley though...between those two fights (if he happens to land them) people will only want to see who kicks his ass better, so it really has nothing to do with him laugh.gif ...he will simply be a sacrifice in this case.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Oct 7 2011, 04:56 PM) *
Lol! I would combine Bradley's potential performance with the outings of Hatton and D. Diaz when they fought Pac. If he rushes head first like Hatton, then it will be a short night. If he stretches it out, then it will be a slow beating. Im just thinking about how Pac fought Diaz and how he used less of those hellacious combinations, and handled him in a "right-handed" manner. Dude couldn't miss Diaz with those right hooks...he almost looked like a completely different fighter that night.

Im sure that Bradley wont just stand there and take a beating, but he has to be quick and elusive enough to slip some of those punches, because SOME of those are gonna land. The crazy thing is, Pac can put you on your ass with grazing punches from weird angles, which Im not sure Bradley is not ready for. Pac CAN be hit, so if Bradley can manage to stick and move, then he will have a better chance in the fight.

You're right, a Floyd fight first, would be better than a Pac fight, because people will only want to see Bradley/Pac just to see if Pac can outdo Floyd's performance. Sucks for Bradley though...between those two fights (if he happens to land them) people will only want to see who kicks his ass better, so it really has nothing to do with him laugh.gif ...he will simply be a sacrifice in this case.

To be honest with you, I dont want to see Bradley get Pac or Khan get May until they fight eachother. Only the winner of Khan v Bradley is worthy of a superfight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 7 2011, 01:00 PM) *
To be honest with you, I dont want to see Bradley get Pac or Khan get May until they fight eachother. Only the winner of Khan v Bradley is worthy of a superfight.

Thats a better way of looking at it. I caught myself trying to make some sense of the bullshit hand that we as boxing fans have been dealt, but thats the most you can do to ease the pain nowadays dntknw.gif Bradley vs Khan is the piece that's missing from the puzzle, but these guys are trying to put a square peg in a circle slot...its just not making sense.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 6 2011, 06:03 PM) *
Fight wont go past 5

I say it does.

Sig bet?
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Oct 7 2011, 11:25 AM) *
If this fight goes the distance in similar fashion as the first two fights, then that only proves that JMM has Pac's number in regards to gicing him a good fight, that's it. If JMM happens to win, then he can land a few more good fights, more so at 140 since there's better competition in that division, than lightweight (most of the 135 lbers are getting ready to move up anyway). JMM is a great game fighter, but he's just 2 years shy of slapping 40 in the face, as far as age is concerned, so his next few fights need to be "safe" money fights.

Either way this fight goes next month, Tweety Bird (Bradley) will still get smashed by Pacquiao. The only interesting thing about the Bradley/Pacquiao fight, would be the fact that Bradley is even in the ring with Pac to begin with laugh.gif Bradley has never dealt with a Pacquiao-type fighter, if there is such thing as one. As soon as Tweety Bird feels one of those punches, we will immediately wonder what he's gotten himself into...and hopefully he doesn't have to spend that fat check trying to piece his face back together.

Let's say Pac wins this fight and somehow since the end of the world is suppose to be next year, the last fight boxing fans get to see is Pac and May. The fight is sign and as the under card to the main event Khan and Bradley fight each other. The winner of the fight has a guarantee fight with the winner of Pac and May. It settles everything. It can be deemed, "The Fight for GOAT!" That is what should happen. So in a sense I hope Pac beats JMM but I would like it to be competitive. I also hope the canceal the following shows: Bad Girls Club, Real Housewives (especially Atlanta), Basketball Wives and the TO Show. Will it happen? No...
flazi
i think jmm is too seasoned and too good to get blown out in 3 by pac. He has 1 great fight left in him and i will think he will do great but he still loses a dec because he will taste the canvass at least once.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Oct 7 2011, 01:41 PM) *
Let's say Pac wins this fight and somehow since the end of the world is suppose to be next year, the last fight boxing fans get to see is Pac and May. The fight is sign and as the under card to the main event Khan and Bradley fight each other. The winner of the fight has a guarantee fight with the winner of Pac and May. It settles everything. It can be deemed, "The Fight for GOAT!" That is what should happen. So in a sense I hope Pac beats JMM but I would like it to be competitive. I also hope the canceal the following shows: Bad Girls Club, Real Housewives (especially Atlanta), Basketball Wives and the TO Show. Will it happen? No...

As sucky as this world is today, I doubt anything will end any time soon. I remember the world was supposed to end on Y2K, and almost 12 years later, we are presently at square one with this "Big Fight" not happening mess. As grueling is the boxing world is, we will all probably be wiped away before this fight happens...just for us to end up in the afterlife and the negotiations pick up from there.

As far as the JMM/Pac fight, it will be competitive...while it lasts. Im done talking about Khan and Bradley, until they both figure out that the square peg doesn't fit in the circle slot...no matter how much you force it.

*Oh yeah...I actually like the T.O. Show, but there's a time and thread to discuss that.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Oct 7 2011, 01:09 PM) *
As sucky as this world is today, I doubt anything will end any time soon. I remember the world was supposed to end on Y2K, and almost 12 years later, we are presently at square one with this "Big Fight" not happening mess. As grueling is the boxing world is, we will all probably be wiped away before this fight happens...just for us to end up in the afterlife and the negotiations pick up from there.

As far as the JMM/Pac fight, it will be competitive...while it lasts. Im done talking about Khan and Bradley, until they both figure out that the square peg doesn't fit in the circle slot...no matter how much you force it.

*Oh yeah...I actually like the T.O. Show, but there's a time and thread to discuss that.

Actually the world according to that Florida or GA preacher it was suppose to end in May and I had a party for it and guess what, I am typing about the world not ending. I honestly do not care about the whole 2012 thing. Back to boxing: The Khan Bradley would be a great undercard for a Pac Vs. May fight. It would be great.
I don't know how the is fight will end, what I do know is what happens after the fight will be more important. The questions about Mayweather and testing after a week after the fight will they finally agree to all terms and we can have this fight before the Aliens take over and the world implodes.

*TO Show has way too much crying in it. I can't stand to watch him cry. I never seen a man cry that much since I broke up with my ex and Bret Farve finally retiring.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Oct 7 2011, 02:21 PM) *
Actually the world according to that Florida or GA preacher it was suppose to end in May and I had a party for it and guess what, I am typing about the world not ending. I honestly do not care about the whole 2012 thing. Back to boxing: The Khan Bradley would be a great undercard for a Pac Vs. May fight. It would be great.
I don't know how the is fight will end, what I do know is what happens after the fight will be more important. The questions about Mayweather and testing after a week after the fight will they finally agree to all terms and we can have this fight before the Aliens take over and the world implodes.

*TO Show has way too much crying in it. I can't stand to watch him cry. I never seen a man cry that much since I broke up with my ex and Bret Farve finally retiring.

If Bradley and Khan are fighting to see who fights Pac or Floyd next, then they should wait until Pac and Floyd fight. Im sure a rematch will be in high demand, and thats exactly whats next after that fight, a rematch. If the rematch goes the same (or reverse) as their first fight, then guess what...rubber match time! What will Bradley and Khan be doing while all of this is going on, especially if they fight on the first undercard and EXPECT a Pac or May next? Either twiddling their thumbs or sitting on them, whatever their preference. So a Khan/Bradley fight on the undercard of a huge fight with a 99.9% chance of an immediate rematch, does neither of the two justice.

Now, if they fight now and wait out the Pac or May fight (like they should be doing anyhow), then their chances of winning those fights down the line are higher, because Pac and May will surely be experiencing stages of decline...but they'll still be worth some money.
K18
QUOTE (DubC @ Oct 6 2011, 10:59 PM) *
He took Cottos best shots (first round Manny put his hands down and let Cotto hit him), and it didn't put him down...Clottey, Margs...Took some good shots from them too...Didn't faze Manny at all

Marquez can't punch near as hard as any of those guys, and although he is a great counter puncher
- I don't even see a flash knockdown coming in this fight...Manny is a much better fighter now than he was then...We can talk about him having Freddy in the corner, the PED's, or just him growing as a fighter-but end of story, he is much better at this stage than he was in their first two fights...

I think Paq will blow Marquez out, first 2 or 3 rounds might be entertaining...I don't think this fight will be anything close to the first 2-but I HOPE it is...

Yet Marquez rocked him a couple of times...then people get pissed when fans question that Ariza has Manny on a special blend....just saying
ReefLegend
Some of you guys get too emotional in your fan boy modes. No one knows what's gonna happen, we all know Pac coming out swinging and we watched JMM at the weight with the other fighter that's the P4P best in Floyd. Floyd destroyed this guy, it wasnt even a fair fight.....hopefully it's fun, no one knows whats gonna really happen, it's boxing...Gotta Love that this insn't a catchweight though.

As far as KHAN/Bradley fighting for PAC/MAY will never happen cause PAC/MAY will never happen. Bradley's next..Boxing world moves on....
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 8 2011, 05:05 AM) *

Lloyd we've discussed this in the past using logic, c'mon dude you know logic is not appreciated around here.

At least we know that both guys will come to fight and it will be all action for as long as it lasts and the fight won't be ended on no damn headbutt or sucker punch.
Maxy
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 7 2011, 05:37 PM) *
Lloyd we've discussed this in the past using logic, c'mon dude you know logic is not appreciated around here.

At least we know that both guys will come to fight and it will be all action for as long as it lasts and the fight won't be ended on no damn headbutt or sucker punch.

Has shit got that bad?

To be honest I was thrown a few pages back by the gestapo comment from a newbie no mark who ain't ever improving this forum....just settling down to murdering it. That's just the way it is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.