Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who would win? 140 Brandon Rios vs Maidana/Matthysse
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingEinstein

give me your picks
Sunni6Killer
Since I haven't seen Rios at JWW, I say both Maidana and Matthysse win.
Lil-lightsout
I would not count out Rios against those two. I would give him a good shot to beat both of them. I love watching Rios fight.
JONdaCON817
Matthysse would lose by controversial SD....

Maidana would win a UD... but i wouldnt count Rios out completely, ide juss like to see how he carries the weight first....
Hittman25
Ive seen rios at 140 when he fought omri lowther or something like that....he got the tko win but he wasnt as crisp with his punches. I wouldnt count him out of winning but i think maidana and matthysse would beat him. The real fight is maidana vs matthysse! Brandon Rios is a strong hard hitting lightweight but i dont see him hurting people as much if he gets higher than 140. He just didnt look good in that one fight but over time he will proly grow into that weight.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (Hittman25 @ Oct 7 2011, 03:48 PM) *
Ive seen rios at 140 when he fought omri lowther or something like that....he got the tko win but he wasnt as crisp with his punches. I wouldnt count him out of winning but i think maidana and matthysse would beat him. The real fight is maidana vs matthysse! Brandon Rios is a strong hard hitting lightweight but i dont see him hurting people as much if he gets higher than 140. He just didnt look good in that one fight but over time he will proly grow into that weight.

well rios does not have a wide back or like I have said before here that big body frame that you can grow into. I just dont see his style and with the lack of size him being effective at 140 to beat maidana or Lucas. If he moves up I would expect Marquez results when he has moved up past 135
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Hittman25 @ Oct 7 2011, 04:48 PM) *

exactly!!!...

+1
Cshel86
Damn I've seen some great points here, and its making me more and more interested in seeing this figh being made. I could see Rios peaking at 140, but nothing higher than that. Matthysse will be too busy either trying to measure him at the start of the fight or trying to knock him out the whole time, and end up coming up short. Maidana on the other hand, will fight from the opening bell to deepest depths of hell, and Im sure Rios will fight the whole time, if need be.

Maidana will give him the hardest time, because Matthysse in my opinion is a bit too laid back. He's (Matthysse) the better boxer, but you can always expect Maidana to go for broke and try everything until something works. I wll give Rios a better chance against Matthysse then Maidana.
EpTXCHAMP
I think alot of people that are giving rios a chance or saying 50/50 are underestimating those extra five pounds and power pure body frame.

His youth would favor him but thats it anyone thinking other wise needs to look no further than the previously mentioned Juan Manuel Marquez. At 135 he is a top 3 Pound for pound fighter at 140 probably barely cracking the top 10 in the division. Look at his fights above 135 he has looked horrible IMO
PColeman28
I see both fights being competitive brandon is young , so he shouldn't look like complete crap in the ring moving up 5 pounds he should fine.......i see rios vs both fighters being a SD...rios beating lucas, and losing to maidana
BigG
Brutal wars. I would go with Rios beating Mathysse by close decision and losing to Maidana by close decision.
Mean Mister Mustard
I think Rios stands a chance of beating them both. After all, it's no secret that making 135 is draining him, so maybe fighting at 140 will give him some extra energy.

I really want to see Mathysse fight Maidana already for Argentinian supremacy. Also, if possible, they should both fight each other while wearing mullets.
gravytrain
i think he beats Maidana by 2-3 rounds but loses to Matthysse.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 7 2011, 07:56 PM) *
If Morales can pretty much beat Maidana, I don't see how Rios would absolutely look like trash trying to take Maidana out at 140. Morales moved from 122, he is old and well past his prime and coped with it. Rios is just jumping up one weight class. Not saying it can't effect him, but based on Morales handling Maidana, I think Rios should be ok.

Maidana beat him bro? two judges had it 116-112 not close in my books even me as a Mexican thought Maidana won by at least three rounds lol

Also Maidana did say he did not train as hard for Morales believing Morales would be a walk through but well see what happens if they fight.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Sunni6Killer @ Oct 7 2011, 03:38 PM) *
Since I haven't seen Rios at JWW, I say both Maidana and Matthysse win.

Agreed. I think Rios would be a tough challenge for both, but I'd like to see him take a few fights to get adjusted to the weight
PColeman28
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 8 2011, 11:19 AM) *
I think Rios stands a chance of beating them both. After all, it's no secret that making 135 is draining him, so maybe fighting at 140 will give him some extra energy.

this is a good point
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.