Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If you could ask a fighter.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Mean Mister Mustard
Let's say you could ask a fighter anything you wanted and they had to answer with the truth. What would you ask?

To Bernard Hopkins: Why weren't you more aggressive in your 2 fights with Taylor?

To Juan Manuel Marquez: Watching your fights from 1999 to 2005 one can see you darting in and out of range so smoothly. Then I watch your fights from 2006 and on, and I can see that your legs are shot. You look like an old man bending over to feed pigeons. Do you really think that you're going to beat Pacquiao when you move as if you just had hip surgery?

To Andre Direll: How tired were you in the late stages of the Abraham fight?

To Joshua Clottey: Why didn't you throw more punches against Pacquiao? It's not like he was counter punching you effectively.

Lil-lightsout
Great Topic!

James Toney: Why so long to lose weight?

To many fighters: Why not stay more active fighting?

Mosley: Why did you not let your hands go against PBF and Pac?

Bowe: Why did you not fight Lewis?

Lewis- Why did you never come back and retire after a shitty performance against Vitali?

Margarito: How long were you fighting with bricks?
BoxingEinstein

Sugar Shane Mosley: Why didn't you fight Pacquiao like you fought Margarito?? Just retire

Floyd Mayweather: Why don't you challenge yourself more and fight more than once a year?

Mike Tyson: Why didn't you kill Robin Givens?

Lennox Lewis: Why did you duck Mike Tyson in his prime? And why didn't you rematch Vitali?

Victor Ortiz: Why isn't your first name Victoria?

JCC JR.: Why don't you stop boxing and just do commercials for Lucas Oils?

Margarito: Did you feel like you repented for those casts after Manny beat your eye in?

Manny: Why are you allowing Arum to fuck you blind?

Khan: Why don't you rematch Brescott or Maidana?

Marquez: Why are you so obsessed with Pacquiao if you thought you won?
Cshel86
"Hey Ortiz, didn't you know that the STL Rams were playing tomorrow? Why was the headbutt necessary?" (on the night of 9/17/11)

"P Willy, whats up with that wack-ass wind-up punch that you were trying to throw in the Martinez rematch?"

"Katsidis, didn't you know that left hand was coming at the end of the Casamayor fight? I mean damn, you got hit with it like 40 times before that round. C'mon man."

"Ay Judah, when did your balls relocate to your abdomen area?" Just curious...
King Eugene
Roy: Will you please finally call it quits?

Paul Williams: Would you ever consider letting Emanuel Steward train you?

Lennix Lewis: Will you please STFU?

BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 8 2011, 12:49 AM) *
Roy: Will you please finally call it quits?

Paul Williams: Would you ever consider letting Emanuel Steward train you?

Lennix Lewis: Will you please STFU?

LMAO!
King Eugene
But really though some of you guys would not be that disrespectful with your question if you got to meet said fighter.
Cshel86
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 8 2011, 12:56 AM) *
But really though some of you guys would not be that disrespectful with your question if you got to meet said fighter.

True! Lol! I would be asking the question and trying to steal on 'em at the same time. No way in hell Im asking these questions and standing there letting them settle and actually realize what I just asked. Lol
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 7 2011, 11:42 PM) *
Lennox Lewis: Why did you duck Mike Tyson in his prime?

He'd probably tell you cause he hadn't turned pro yet.

Oscar De La Hoya: What was the best shit you ever snorted, from where did you get it, and do you happen to still have the number of the guy you got it from?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Oct 8 2011, 01:05 AM) *
He'd probably tell you cause he hadn't turned pro yet.

Oscar De La Hoya: What was the best shit you ever snorted, from where did you get it, and do you happen to still have the number of the guy you got it from?

Trust me, some users are selfish...they will never want you to be as high as them! Trust! I know a couple, lol.
Aware
Vitaly Klitschko- How pivotal a role would you say Jud Buechler played in the Bulls second 3-peat?

Lennox Lewis- Do you consider the King's Gambit a dubious opening?

Manny Pacquiao- How big is your cokc? And do you agree with Georg Cantor's notion of infinitely many orders of infinity?

Floyd Mayweather- Do you ever wonder if the Miss Jackson has blown a white dude? Would you ask?
Box in Hand
Great topic.

1. Roy Jones- Why didn't you retire after Tarver 1 or better yet why did you lose all that muscle just to fight that dude?
2. Floyd Mayweather- Do you really think you won Castillo 1?
riddick
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 7 2011, 11:42 PM) *
Lennox Lewis: Why did you duck Mike Tyson in his prime? And why didn't you rematch Vitali?

bullshit, Lewis never ducked Tyson.He want fight against Mike in 1995-1996.But Tyson (or his team DK) want Holyfield before Lewis.
And one thing - when Tyson was prime Lewis was amateur "Einstein" laugh.gif
mgrover
Mayweather and Pacman: Have you ever used PEDS, and what's with the below par opposition of late and why are you not fighting each other.
Maxy
I'd ask Pernell Whitaker, "Considering you always chased the biggest challenges, does it disappoint you that today's so called elite two fighters seem to be doing everything possible to avoid facing each other in the ring?"
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 8 2011, 06:13 AM) *
Mayweather and Pacman: Have you ever used PEDS, and what's with the below par opposition of late and why are you not fighting each other.

Gee that's original....

But anyway id ask Tyson would he really of fucked that reporter till he loved him....

Method
B-Hop - Can you tell me about the gym wars w Charles Brewer?

DLH - How, if at all, did your attitude change towards Shane Mosley when you found out he used PED's for your rematch, being that he was a partner in GBP when it was revealed?

Fernando Vargas - What exactly was it that DLH did to you that made you despise him so much? Was it really the kicking of the snow?

Tyson - What really happened w Desiree Washington?

I dunno. I guess I could come up w some more...these were just a few Im thinking of on the fly.
Cshel86
QUOTE (riddick @ Oct 8 2011, 04:58 AM) *
bullshit, Lewis never ducked Tyson.He want fight against Mike in 1995-1996.But Tyson (or his team DK) want Holyfield before Lewis.
And one thing - when Tyson was prime Lewis was amateur "Einstein" laugh.gif

laugh.gif ...and the "Einstein Chronicles" continue...
Mean Mister Mustard
To Hector Camacho: Was Rosario's right hand the real reason why you fought more cautiously afterwards?
Maxy
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 8 2011, 01:58 PM) *
To Hector Camacho: Was Rosario's right hand the real reason why you fought more cautiously afterwards?

It had to have been didn't it? The Macho Man was never the same after that was he?
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 8 2011, 02:02 PM) *
It had to have been didn't it? The Macho Man was never the same after that was he?

I don't know. Maybe it was the coke.
bnoles4life
Lennox Lewis-- How big was your "whew" when you found out Ike Ibeabuchi was locked up and you'd never have to fight him?

Floyd--Is it REALLY easier to to beef in public w/ your dad, rather than both of you just staying the hell away from one another?

Manny--How is it you're suing Mayweather, but NOT Arum?

(not a fighter, but I couldn't help it) Jim Lampley--When talking about Floyd's legal troubles, aren't you relieved no one seemingly remembers your domestic violence thing w/ your then GF?

Tyson--One ear didn't drive home the point enough for you?

Hopkins-- isn't it cool that Roy gets blasted for fighting cab drivers, while everyone ignores the fact you NEVER went up in weight and either fought smaller guys (DLH, Winky, Tito, etc.) or MW "cab drivers"?
bnoles4life
Amir Khan--Soooooooo, you're gonna pretend the Breidis Prescott thing didn't happen, huh?
Maxy
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 8 2011, 02:12 PM) *
I don't know. Maybe it was the coke.

Yeah perhaps. Maybe the punch forced Camacho to reevaluate his life and he figured he might as well hit that powder hard whilst he could still enjoy it.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 9 2011, 02:37 PM) *
Amir Khan--Soooooooo, you're gonna pretend the Breidis Prescott thing didn't happen, huh?

it worked for Ortiz/Maidana.... Oh wait, no it didnt....
checkleft
Margarito-how long were you loading for.
pac- do you use the pipi juice and if so are you really so stupid that you honestly didn't know.
arum- do you hate boxing? Have you ever considered pimping hoes rather than fighters?
Martinez- when are going to leave dibella and make some money?
Berto- I know oil is at a high but why do you gas in every single one of your fights that go past 1 round?
Cshel86
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Oct 10 2011, 10:47 AM) *
it worked for Ortiz/Maidana.... Oh wait, no it didnt....

Lmao!

QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 10 2011, 01:00 PM) *
Margarito-how long were you loading for.
pac- do you use the pipi juice and if so are you really so stupid that you honestly didn't know.
arum- do you hate boxing? Have you ever considered pimping hoes rather than fighters?
Martinez- when are going to leave dibella and make some money?
Berto- I know oil is at a high but why do you gas in every single one of your fights that go past 1 round?

Lmao! Hell, thats what he's doing now! Those fighters knew what they signing up for, well, hopefully they did.
JONdaCON817
Marquez....
do you really believe drinkin your own piss actually helps?
and does your wife kiss you after a nice warm glass of Morning Man juice?...
Does Gatorade not exist in Mexico?
and finally, if your piss doesnt help you win this time around, would you consider drinking Mannys?... it should be loaded with Muscle Building Oxidants...
mgrover
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Oct 8 2011, 05:17 PM) *
Gee that's original....

But anyway id ask Tyson would he really of fucked that reporter till he loved him....

no real need to be original when most people want the answer to this.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 10 2011, 07:48 AM) *
Hopkins-- isn't it cool that Roy gets blasted for fighting cab drivers, while everyone ignores the fact you NEVER went up in weight and either fought smaller guys (DLH, Winky, Tito, etc.) or MW "cab drivers"?

Just a few problems with this one.

When Hopkins fought Winky it was not at MW, when he fought Tito, Tito was a certified beast in the eyes of many and a heavy favourite in that fight (certainly a more prime version than the one Roid got his hands on) and De la Hoya was the boxing version of winning a lottery ticket and a no-brainer.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 10 2011, 07:35 PM) *

When Hopkins fought Winky it was not at MW, when he fought Tito, Tito was a certified beast in the eyes of many and a heavy favourite in that fight (certainly a more prime version than the one Roid got his hands on) and De la Hoya was the boxing version of winning a lottery ticket and a no-brainer.

You are forgetting Simon Brown who was a welterweight who seen better days.

There was also Andrew Council who was not a real middleweight or an elite fighter.

Let's not forget a washed up blown up Carl Daniels.

And there was also Keith Holmes, who was not a middleweight.

So here are 4 more fights at during his middleweight reign against crappy opposition. I like Hopkins, especially what he has done in the last bunch of years, but there is no debating he had many soft touches at middleweight.

Not that he had to, but he could have moved up and fought better competition when there was some top 168 pound fighters around. I honestly think he knew the middleweight division was weak and he made the weight so why move up and risk it with much tougher fights.

I saw every single one of the fights above, in fact I have seen every single televised fight of Hopkins since the early 90's.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 11 2011, 12:52 PM) *

There was also Andrew Council who was not a real middleweight or an elite fighter.

So here are 4 more fights at during his middleweight reign against crappy opposition. I like Hopkins, especially what he has done in the last bunch of years, but there is no debating he had many soft touches at middleweight.

Not that he had to, but he could have moved up and fought better competition when there was some top 168 pound fighters around. I honestly think he knew the middleweight division was weak and he made the weight so why move up and risk it with much tougher fights.

I saw every single one of the fights above, in fact I have seen every single televised fight of Hopkins since the early 90's.

Yeah but my point is Hopkins beat who they pout in front of him. he did it 20 times and that is no mean feat. was the division weaker than usual? maybe. If he had to fight say Toney and Jones Junior in their MW primes for titles he probably wouldn't have got to 20 but fact is he did. The examples the dude gave I just thought were a little weak.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 10 2011, 07:52 PM) *

Keith Holmes was a pretty good fighter man. When you defend your title 20 times, there's bound to be some soft touches.
Fitz
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 11 2011, 10:58 AM) *
Keith Holmes was a pretty good fighter man. When you defend your title 20 times, there's bound to be some soft touches.

+1
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 10 2011, 07:58 PM) *
Yeah but my point is Hopkins beat who they pout in front of him. he did it 20 times and that is no mean feat. was the division weaker than usual? maybe. If he had to fight say Toney and Jones Junior in their MW primes for titles he probably wouldn't have got to 20 but fact is he did. The examples the dude gave I just thought were a little weak.

Definitely weaker!

I was just adding a few of the weaker touches he fought during his reign. Hey and while we are at it, let's not forget Hakaar(sp.?)!!! That defense should not have even counted. That was the equivalent of Roy Jones beating that police officer. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 10 2011, 07:58 PM) *

Keith Holmes was a decent fighter, but he was not a legit middleweight. Hopkins mauled him and beat him easy. I ain't hating on Hops either, it is a great feat he accomplished. Why does Roy Jones never get this slack?

Guys like Allen, Mercado, Echols, Lipsey were true middleweights.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 11 2011, 03:46 PM) *
Definitely weaker!

I was just adding a few of the weaker touches he fought during his reign. Hey and while we are at it, let's not forget Hakaar(sp.?)!!! That defense should not have even counted. That was the equivalent of Roy Jones beating that police officer. laugh.gif

Keith Holmes was a decent fighter, but he was not a legit middleweight. Hopkins mauled him and beat him easy. I ain't hating on Hops either, it is a great feat he accomplished. Why does Roy Jones never get this slack?

Guys like Allen, Mercado, Echols, Lipsey were true middleweights.

I don't think Roy Jones gets too much grief for his career up until the second Tarver fight. Where Roy gets grief is for hanging on too long and not knowing when to quit. If I see much criticism for Roy it's mainly because of this.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 10 2011, 11:06 PM) *
I don't think Roy Jones gets too much grief for his career up until the second Tarver fight. Where Roy gets grief is for hanging on too long and not knowing when to quit. If I see much criticism for Roy it's mainly because of this.

Sorry bro, but I disagree. I would say Jones has been hounded for his opposition his whole career by so many. Sure people can also pick at some of Jones' opponents, which I agree with some are questionable. I am just stating people always harped on his opponent selection while forgetting others have had their soft touches too.

bnoles4life
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 10 2011, 06:35 PM) *

============================

You're absolutely right, when he fought Winky it was at 170. Winky's fight prior to that was 160 (Ike Quartey), while Bernard had been competing at 170+ for about a year and a half. Furthermore, Winky couldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight at 160, you KNOW (as did B-Hop) that he wasn't movin' nothing at 10 lbs north. I'll give you that, Tito is an all-time great, but my point is, B-Hop fought smaller, no threat fighters as well. However, Roy gets the "cab driver" moniker, while B-Hop gets the 20 defenses, 10 year parade. While that is a "no-kidding, incredible" accomplishment, I just marvel at how the media accepts that, but roasts Roy, for seemingly the same thing.

Again, this isn't to discredit Bernard or anything like that, I just find the perspective in which people view B-Hop, in stark contrast to how they view Roy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.