Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cloud: Light Heavyweights a bunch of bitches
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Fitz
http://www.boxingscene.com/tavoris-cloud-l...h-btches--44754

Tavoris Cloud: Light Heavyweights, a Bunch of B*tches!

By Ryan Burton

IBF light heavyweight champion Tavoris "Thunder" Cloud appeared on the most recent edition of The Boxing Lab, BoxingScene.com's official audio show. Cloud made no secret of his desire to face WBC and Ring champion Bernard Hopkins. He feels that Hopkins wins his fights by winning the mental part of the fight. Cloud is confident that Hopkin's tactics wouldn't work on him if they were to meet in the ring.

"I want Hopkins. He's the oldest man out there. He gets in there head. I don't think its so much a skill or experience issue. I don't think they know how to handle guys like Hopkins," Cloud told The Boxing Lab.

Cloud feels that Hopkins will beat Chad Dawson next Saturday in their pay-per-view showdown. He also revealed that he will be rooting for Hopkins and called Dawson a boring fighter.

"Hopkins wins by unanimous decision over Dawson if he doesn't knock him out. I believe the fight will be boring. Dawson stays on the outside and doesn't want to engage. I am going for Hopkins for this fight just because I don't like Dawson. I don't like Hopkins either."

Cloud's promoter Don King had been in negotiations for Cloud to face former champion Jean Pascal in December in Canada. The fight fell apart when an agreement couldn't be reached. Pascal and Cloud recently engaged in a Twitter war and Cloud said that he doesn't expect to see Pascal in the ring with him any time soon.

"Pascal follows me on Twitter and Facebook. He's a funny guy to me. The biggest fight we will have was on Twitter. He don't really want to fight me. They want me to come to his country with my belt and pay me no money? That tells me he don't want no fight," stated Cloud.

Besides the aforementioned Hopkins, Dawson, and Pascal, the Tallahassee, Florida native said that he is willing to face any of the top fighters in the division. The all action fighter feels that he is being avoided by the top names in his division and pulls no punches in expressing his feelings towards his rivals.

"I feel that the fighters in the light heavyweight are a bunch of bitches. I'm a put (Biebut) Shumenov on his ass as well."

Cloud finished up by reiterating that he hopes to land a big fight soon. He said, "I'm like a gator in the water waiting to catch a big fish."

I feel for Cloud. As a fan, I would like to see the chance for the light heavyweight division to become unified. Nobody really wants to fight him at all.
Lil-lightsout
I wish more fighters had his attitude. Wonder if the winner of saturday's Hopkins-Dawson fight will fight him?
thehype
I wish more people would start threads based on our interviews. I guess I'll have to automate that.

laugh.gif

TAVORIS CLOUD: "GUYS ARE AFRAID...I'M COMING TO BRING THE VIOLENCE"
By David Kassel | September 30, 2011

"I don't know what the problem is. You know, it's sad when you do everything right, and you still can't get a big fight. You know, the Yusaf Mack fight was the first knockout, in a light heavyweight division big fight and title fight, in a long time. Guys, I guess, aren't anxious to fight me...as of right now, you know, Don is in negotiations with HBO. HBO wants me to fight and they have 4 possible opponents lined up. I will be fighting by the end of this year. There is just no easy fights when you're world champ. I don't think Don is keeping me from getting fights. I think if I was a lesser fighter, and a world champ, then guys would be calling my name...I believe guys are afraid of that and are intimated. I'm reckless in there and I just don't give a damn. I'm coming to bring the violence in the ring," stated IBF light heavyweight champion Tavoris Cloud, who's chomping at the bit to get anyone to step into the ring to face him. Check out what he had to say about his future plans and much more!

DK: Tavoris, what's going on Champ?

TC: Things are going good; just trying to get a meaningful fight right now.

DK: There is a big fight October 15th that I'm sure you'll have your eyes on. What's your prediction for Hopkins-Dawson? Who's going to win?

TC: I think Hopkins is the more mentally strong fighter, and Dawson is the younger, more athletic fighter. I go for Hopkins on this one. I say Hopkins knocks Dawson out in the 11th or 12th round if he can catch Dawson because Dawson uses his legs. If he can't catch him, he'll outbox him and make Dawson fight the way he wants to fight and win by unanimous decision.

DK: Your trainer, Al Bonnani, has been very vocal about you not getting any big names to step up to fight you. What are your thoughts?

TC: I don't know what the problem is. You know, it's sad when you do everything right, and you still can't get a big fight. You know, the Yusaf Mack fight was the first knockout, in a light heavyweight division big fight and title fight, in a long time. Guys, I guess, aren't anxious to fight me.

DK: One of the names rumored for a fight with you is Jean Pascal. You all had a little war of words on Twitter recently. What was that all about?

TC: Well, Pascal started it, first of all. You know, it's just talk. You know Pascal's promoter met with Don King. They don't want the fight because Don King wants the option and put a rematch clause in there. My promoter is being a smart business man trying to protect me because they don't want to put a rematch clause and they want to rob me in Canada. We saw Hopkins get robbed when he went to Canada the first time.

DK: That was the option Don was asking for? No other options?

TC: Well, there was a few little other things, but that was the main one. They just want me to go up there, take my title unfairly, and not give me a chance to get my title back.

DK: You've been relatively inactive, or should I say, not as active as you probably would like to be. Do you feel Don is keeping you back from getting a fight?

TC: I don't think so. Actually, as of right now, you know, Don is in negotiations with HBO. HBO wants me to fight and they have 4 possible opponents lined up. I will be fighting by the end of this year. There is just no easy fights when you're world champ. I don't think Don is keeping me from getting fights. I think if I was a lesser fighter, and a world champ, then guys would be calling my name.

DK: With your knockout percentage (83%), do you think that's what keeping them from fighting you?

TC: Absolutely. It's like Mike Tyson. The thing guys said about Mike Tyson is he hits hard. That's like me. I believe guys are afraid of that and are intimated. I'm reckless in there and I just don't give a damn. I'm coming to bring the violence in the ring.

DK: Who do you want to fight, Champ? Who is your number one guy you want to get in the ring with if you had your choice?

TC: I would want to fight Bernard Hopkins because he is the so-called best out there. He has the Ring Magazine title and the WBC title, and we could do a unification for all the belts. If I can't get Hopkins, I would love to unify with any of the champs out there.

DK: You said by the end of the year, but when can we expect to see you back in the ring?

TC: I should be in the ring by December.

DK: Any final thoughts, Champ?

TC: Just keep watching. I'm gonna continue to be reckless. I'm gonna continue to reign terror on the entire division. I'm sick and tired of all the guys calling me out and then not stepping up when the time comes. I'm tired of guys making boxing so political. Boxing is a disgusting business right now because guys are making it political. Let's step into the ring and settle it in there. Let me get on TV and give these people the violence. This is what the people want to see.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 11 2011, 12:43 AM) *
I wish more people would start threads based on our interviews. I guess I'll have to automate that.

laugh.gif

Where you been the last few months? We get all kinds of Mayweather threads daily. laugh.gif
checkleft
This guy is an animal. Its sad but I don't blame people for ducking him
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 11 2011, 03:33 AM) *

Exactly...guys like this who are willing to fight you down to the bloody end and wait for you to make it to hell, just to pick up where yall left off...will always be avoided. These "I just wanna fight" type of fighters never get what they ask/fight for. Hell most of 'em are even willing to take the smaller portion of the money, just to get the fight...but the "money fighter" in the division still declines the offer. not_i.gif
thehype
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 11 2011, 01:02 AM) *
Where you been the last few months? We get all kinds of Mayweather threads daily. laugh.gif

And yet there aren't too many Mayweather interviews on the site. Go figure. Just funny to see posts started when other fighters do interviews on other sites as opposed to when they do them here.

On a side note, can someone please start a thread saying we're kissing Manny Pacquiao's ass because of our latest interview with Alex Ariza?

laugh.gif
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 11 2011, 03:33 AM) *

He's far from being an animal. He can and will be outboxed. I think Hopkins can outbox him. I like the guy. In his last fight, I thought he was losing on the cards to a feather fisted boxer whom he ended up KOing. Against a guy who has some power, I think he would have been in trouble. I think Dawson beats him too based on all of the above.

Cloud is being made into some monster that he's clearly not.I like the kid. I like his attitude. An dammit he looks just like Marvin Gaye. I keep thinking he's gonna break out into "Mercy mercy Me..." I think he should have taken the Pascal fight. That would have been a great showcase fight to put his name on peoples radar. He would deserve the winner of Hopkins/Dawson. Now since he didn't take the Pascal fight, when CHAD wins, Cloud will have to take a back seat to Pascal. I fully expect Dawson to face Pascal next year. He needs to avenge that loss. Cloud should have taken that fight and then he'd be next for Dawson. Sometimes you gotta take short money in order to get yourself into position. If he truly felt confident that he could beat Pascal, then he would have taken short money for the opportunity to face Dawson early next year for all the cards.
thehype
It's hard to feel sorry for any fighter who signed with DK.
Cshel86
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Oct 11 2011, 09:48 AM) *
He's far from being an animal. He can and will be outboxed. I think Hopkins can outbox him. I like the guy. In his last fight, I thought he was losing on the cards to a feather fisted boxer whom he ended up KOing. Against a guy who has some power, I think he would have been in trouble. I think Dawson beats him too based on all of the above.

Cloud is being made into some monster that he's clearly not.I like the kid. I like his attitude. An dammit he looks just like Marvin Gaye. I keep thinking he's gonna break out into "Mercy mercy Me..." I think he should have taken the Pascal fight. That would have been a great showcase fight to put his name on peoples radar. He would deserve the winner of Hopkins/Dawson. Now since he didn't take the Pascal fight, when CHAD wins, Cloud will have to take a back seat to Pascal. I fully expect Dawson to face Pascal next year. He needs to avenge that loss. Cloud should have taken that fight and then he'd be next for Dawson. Sometimes you gotta take short money in order to get yourself into position. If he truly felt confident that he could beat Pascal, then he would have taken short money for the opportunity to face Dawson early next year for all the cards.

Well, looking back at the Yusaf Mack fight back in June, Cloud did get hit a lot, but if you're fighting a guy like Mack with sub par power, then I guess he didn't see it as a threat. He can be outboxed (referring to the Johnson bout), but he's still a game fighter in my book. You made a good point about Cloud having to possibly take the back seat to Pascal when it comes to the winner of Hopkins/Dawson.

If Chad does win, then it all comes down to whether or not he is willing to risk his title against Pascal, who took his title from jump and beat him convincingly (in my opinion). Cloud can still fight the loser of Hopkins/Dawson, besides, anything would help him at this point. Sucks to say that...but its true.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 11 2011, 08:58 AM) *

Yeah I have to assume that's a big part of the reason he can't/doesn't get any big fights. King just doesn't seem to promote his fighters anymore.
Spyder
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 11 2011, 09:42 AM) *
And yet there aren't too many Mayweather interviews on the site. Go figure. Just funny to see posts started when other fighters do interviews on other sites as opposed to when they do them here.

On a side note, can someone please start a thread saying we're kissing Manny Pacquiao's ass because of our latest interview with Alex Ariza?

laugh.gif

I totally missed that one. I was checking out the Manny ass-kissing going on in the interview next to it...

Sampson Lewkowicz: "Mayweather and Martinez will sell two million...it will never happen with Pacquiao."

thehype
QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 11 2011, 10:54 AM) *
I totally missed that one. I was checking out the Manny ass-kissing going on in the interview next to it...

Sampson Lewkowicz: "Mayweather and Martinez will sell two million...it will never happen with Pacquiao."

I know, right? It was pretty hard to overlook the ass-kissing going on by Sampson in that interview:

Pacquiao has a good team behind him. I donít believe that whatever Bob brings, he will accept. It will have to go through many people before Pacquiao makes the decision. You can tell he has a good team because heís very successful. The champion is not only about the fighter, but also about who surrounds him. Heís done an excellent job.
JONdaCON817
Cloud/Pascal would be a helluva fight to watch... hell, Cloud vs anyone would be fun to watch... LHW tourney anyone??....

Hopkins
Cloud
Pascal
Diaconu
Mack
Despaigne
Cleverly
etc....
Cshel86
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 11 2011, 11:12 AM) *
I know, right? It was pretty hard to overlook the ass-kissing going on by Sampson in that interview:

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Fitz
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 12 2011, 12:42 AM) *
Just funny to see posts started when other fighters do interviews on other sites as opposed to when they do them here.

Cheers dude, thanks for being on the ball. Appreciated.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 11 2011, 08:58 AM) *

=============

To quote Arthur Fonzarelli, "correct-a-mundo"!!!!!! NOOOOO WAAAAAAY ANY fighter, promotor (cashier at your local grocery store, etc....) is in ANY hurry to deal w/ Don King. If he's not trying to get options on your fighter, he's pricing his fighters out of fights. I feel for Cloud, not b/c people won't fight him, but b/c he signed Mr. Static Electricity, a.k.a. Mr. Manslaughter. Good luck on that one, bruh.

Btw, no way BHop is fighting that dude next. NO WAY.
King Eugene
Cloud is hungry, tough, and dangerous which means no one will step up to fight him til he looks bad against some bum.
Spyder
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 11 2011, 11:12 AM) *

Right?

That dude could not STOP complimenting that man's team...it was sickening how much he was gushing over that little Pinoy. I really hope that interview gets buried under some more relevant shit, like...Why does Khan keep talking about potentially fighting(or not fighting) Floyd?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 11 2011, 09:58 AM) *

Yeah man, I read the article that you had where you mentioned (or whoever the writer was and I'm pretty sure that I read it on your site) that the obstacle might be DK wanting an option on future fights. FightHype definitely does a fantastic job of covering the sport, especially with the fighter, promoter, trainer and manager interviews. Good for you and the team of writers that write for FightHype, best boxing site out there (there are a few other good sites, but FH is the undisputed, pound for pound champ).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.