Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hopkins vs. Dawson Preview/Poll (Vote and Comment!)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Nay_Sayer
"Who Gives a Shit"

Just my $0.02...
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I'm actually kind of excited for the fight. Hopkins has fought in a crowd pleasing style the last couple years, and Dawson needs this fight. Dawson has wanted this fight since 08, and now he has it. Still undecided if I'll order it though. This is for the legit lt. heavyweight championship of the world, and the undercard looks strong as well.
caneman
I like this fight and the undercard is pretty good...I hate I will have to find a stream though which sucks but it is what it is!
Cshel86
I hate this delusional, stutterin', sloth-like excuse for a fighter...Dawson that it is. Man fuck this...Im takin' this straight to the hater thread!
Lil-lightsout
Call me crazy but I like this fight a lot. I think we are going to get a great boxing match here between two skilled fighters. I am leaning towards Hopkins, but I just do not know if Dawson has something up his sleeve.

The sad thing is it's PPV and I think it will tank. Hopkins is not a household name, and Dawson isn't even known in his own neighborhood. Haha.

I am not buying it, but I will hope to stream it and watch it live.
Snoop
It's a good fight, just not a PPV worthy fight.
King Eugene
Since CEO is semi-back I hope he PM's me that stream lol.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 11 2011, 11:41 PM) *

LOL!!! I was thinking the same thing earlier. Hint, hint.
The Original MrFactor
I would like to see it, but it's not worthy of PPV.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 11 2011, 10:41 PM) *

Hells Yea!!
Jack 1000
Who wins and why? Vote and comment in the poll!

Jack

Administrator
Jack 1000
This fight will be a tactical chess-match, can't see it any other way. It could get dirty with a lot of hard-to-score rounds. The problem is Dawson almost always bores me to tears, Hopkins is a legend and should actually school Chad once he gets inside and finds the range. Expect controversy similar to Pascal I, where age may cause Hopkins to be off balance and perhaps slip and get a questionable knockdown called against him. Practically everyone thought Johnson beat Dawson in the first fight, but all judges had it 116-112 for Dawson.

So in a close fight that Hopkins should unofficially win around 8-4, with some controversy in the points, I will predict a draw, with the predictable Hopkins rant at the end, and than an ass-kicking by Hopkins in the rematch, where the ageless Bernard shocks us all, again!

Jack

PS. What the fuck is this doing on PPV and not HBO or Showtime? It's a good undercard too, but not as a PPV!
EAlbian
you guys are a bunch of pussies, this is a good fight between 2 very good fighters at the top of the division. I will definitely buy this PPV, its only $50. You cant even do anything fun for $50 anymore, spending this will save me money. I can't even do a Saturday in Chicago for under $250.

I'll take Dawson by UD, as much as like B-Hop i think Dawson is just a little too much for him at this stage. I think Dawson puts together a good performance with Hopkins behind looking to land something big but not having the head movement to be able to deliver. Look for Dawson to be on his back foot and pumping the jab. I'd like to see Hopkins fight Bute if he loses, i think he has no trouble going to 168.
Fitz
Can't wait for this fight.

I think Dawson's style will give Hopkins problems, I think Dawson may win a pretty close decision and I can even see a draw happening, may even put a little money on the draw.
I came good with the Pascal-Hopkins 1, I think we are going to see another extremely close fight. I think we are going to see another controversial Hopkins fight that could swing either way.
caneman
It could be very close and X better let those hands go! I got X by close UD!
Cshel86
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Oct 12 2011, 04:28 PM) *
you guys are a bunch of pussies, this is a good fight between 2 very good fighters at the top of the division. I will definitely buy this PPV, its only $50. You cant even do anything fun for $50 anymore, spending this will save me money. I can't even do a Saturday in Chicago for under $250.

I'll take Dawson by UD, as much as like B-Hop i think Dawson is just a little too much for him at this stage. I think Dawson puts together a good performance with Hopkins behind looking to land something big but not having the head movement to be able to deliver. Look for Dawson to be on his back foot and pumping the jab. I'd like to see Hopkins fight Bute if he loses, i think he has no trouble going to 168.

If you're on the right corner on the right night when a sting operation isn't under way...then yeah, $50 goes a long way...just be sure to wrap it up! Not my typical practice though! laugh.gif Seriously though, I may just order it!
Mean Mister Mustard
I want to see Dawson go to the body in combination, as if the thought of Hopkins pissing blood after the fight turns him on. Fly in there and try to cripple the old man with vicious hooks to the midsection. In return, I want to see Hopkins fight the dirtiest fight of his life. Make the second Antwun Echols and the Vanderpool fights look like a Manny Pacquiao bout. I'm talking the whole arsenal here; headbutts, elbows, shots to the hip and groin, falling all over the ring every time he gets hit on the belt line or back of the head, and oh yes, I want punching after the bell. If these two bastards can promise me that, then I'll buy this motherfucker in a heartbeat. Until then, you can catch me watching a 24 hour loop of Andrew Golota throwing a textbook combo right into the middle of Riddick Bowe's nutsack, because I am a true boxing fan and I want to see some god damn drama.
caneman
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 12 2011, 08:37 PM) *
I want to see Dawson go to the body in combination, as if the thought of Hopkins pissing blood after the fight turns him on. Fly in there and try to cripple the old man with vicious hooks to the midsection. In return, I want to see Hopkins fight the dirtiest fight of his life. Make the second Antwun Echols and the Vanderpool fights look like a Manny Pacquiao bout. I'm talking the whole arsenal here; headbutts, elbows, shots to the hip and groin, falling all over the ring every time he gets hit on the belt line or back of the head, and oh yes, I want punching after the bell. If these two bastards can promise me that, then I'll buy this motherfucker in a heartbeat. Until then, you can catch me watching a 24 hour loop of Andrew Golota throwing a textbook combo right into the middle of Riddick Bowe's nutsack, because I am a true boxing fan and I want to see some god damn drama.

Lmfao MMM!
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (caneman @ Oct 12 2011, 10:37 PM) *
Lmfao MMM!

I know that we're on the same boat Cane. The year is winding down, and I want the best for last.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 12 2011, 08:37 PM) *

The Post of The Year by Mustard and a contender for one of our best posts EVER!!!!!!!! LOL!

Jack
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 12 2011, 09:59 PM) *
The Post of The Year by Mustard and a contender for one of our best posts EVER!!!!!!!! LOL!

Jack

Lmao. Good Shyt! Gets my vote. Lol
JONdaCON817
And I voted Chad by close decision. I think there will be a lot of close rounds. I think Hop tries to bring the Bad out of Chad. He loses but gives him an old school ass whooping, Teaching him a lesson but I think it'll look like the first Pascal fight, but with Chad being busier.
EAlbian
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Oct 12 2011, 06:38 PM) *
If you're on the right corner on the right night when a sting operation isn't under way...then yeah, $50 goes a long way...just be sure to wrap it up! Not my typical practice though! laugh.gif Seriously though, I may just order it!

and thats how Cshel got AIDS hahaha
Cshel86
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Oct 13 2011, 11:00 AM) *
and thats how Cshel got AIDS hahaha

Hahahahaha!!! Fuck off E!!!
gravytrain
did you live in Tampa 4 years ago? i seen you putting that $50 to use at a bus stop

Cshel86
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 13 2011, 12:24 PM) *
did you live in Tampa 4 years ago? i seen you putting that $50 to use at a bus stop

Hahahaha!!! You didn't see me at a bus stop, asshole!

I guess I will spend my $50 on this one, but Hopkins better give this waste of talent, a Pavlik beating! If not, Im gonna be pissed, and Im pretty sure an idiot poster is gonna create a Hopkins/Dawson thread afterwards, as if there wont be an existing one already...so whoever that lucky poster is, will be part of my "sore loser scarifice party"!
Maxy
I'll be watching this because it's FREE in England.

Wouldn't pay a penny for it otherwise though.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 13 2011, 01:23 PM) *
I'll be watching this because it's FREE in England.

Wouldn't pay a penny for it otherwise though.

Lucky bastard...
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 13 2011, 11:24 AM) *

you mean you saw him slide a 50 down her ass cracc??
gravytrain
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Oct 13 2011, 04:13 PM) *

no, about 4 years ago me and my friends seen these 2 people getting it in at a bus stop. we were going to shoot them with some fireworks but we seen it's one of the homeless guys that cleaned the barbershop. we seen them again about 20 minutes later and they got busted by the cops lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Oct 13 2011, 04:13 PM) *

laugh.gif Im not denying that part! I may do that this weekend...legally of course! Lol

QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 13 2011, 04:38 PM) *
no, about 4 years ago me and my friends seen these 2 people getting it in at a bus stop. we were going to shoot them with some fireworks but we seen it's one of the homeless guys that cleaned the barbershop. we seen them again about 20 minutes later and they got busted by the cops lol

Hahahaha!!! Other than this, I have no words for you Gravy!
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 13 2011, 03:38 PM) *

Ahahaha!.... You shoulda busted out the camera!

Funny how the sentence ended with "we were goin to shoot them"...."with fireworks." LOL

I was reading it like "damn this niqkas a gangsta!".... Haha
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Oct 13 2011, 05:04 PM) *
laugh.gif Im not denying that part! I may do that this weekend...legally of course! Lol

Get in where you fit in playa!...

50 is steep tho.

Allmenjoi8
If Hopkins takes a beating should he retire or if he wins, fight James Toney?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Oct 13 2011, 10:23 PM) *
If Hopkins takes a beating should he retire or if he wins, fight James Toney?

If Hopkins happens to lose, boo hoo, he can still have a few good noticable bouts...fact of the matter is, he's achieved one big goal by being the oldest champ in boxing. Now all we have to do is watch him fight until he 50 years old, like he mentioned recently. Toney fights 30+ lbs north of Hopkins, so that aint happenin' any time soon, more than likely never.

As for Dawson losing...it depends on how bad he loses. If loses while putting up a fight that we haven't seen him put up in years, then he can still land some big fights in the near future. If he gets steam rolled, then nobody of relevance will be checking for him anytime soon. We may end up seeing him on ESPN, until he builds himself back up. So his best bet on Saturday is to either systematically break Hopkins down, try to send him to the moon, or lose in good fashion.
wolterb
think it could go either way and depends largely on dawson's mental health

if he comes in confident he might be able to handle hopkins...if he gives hopkins wiggle room to get confidence hes gonna lose rounds. i feel if dawson does win on points, if he fights too conservatively like he has been criticized for, a bias decision might goto hopkins. hopkins is a bigger draw, more interesting personality, and now considered uncanny for his success at an older age...those things make him much more appealing as a champ than dawson. so i think there is a possibility of that - and i'd admit to being such a hopkins fan that i would not mind cause i wanna see him to continue fighting. selfish i know
gravytrain
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Oct 13 2011, 08:54 PM) *
Ahahaha!.... You shoulda busted out the camera!

Funny how the sentence ended with "we were goin to shoot them"...."with fireworks." LOL

I was reading it like "damn this niqkas a gangsta!".... Haha

we used to give people the business with fireworks. back in 6th grade some guy working at the Shell station always tried to mess with us so we got him with the big smoke bombs but i got caught for that one. they were trying to catch me for days but ended up just showing up at my house lol

QUOTE (cshel86 @ Oct 13 2011, 10:49 PM) *
If Hopkins happens to lose, boo hoo, he can still have a few good noticable bouts...fact of the matter is, he's achieved one big goal by being the oldest champ in boxing. Now all we have to do is watch him fight until he 50 years old, like he mentioned recently. Toney fights 30+ lbs north of Hopkins, so that aint happenin' any time soon, more than likely never.

As for Dawson losing...it depends on how bad he loses. If loses while putting up a fight that we haven't seen him put up in years, then he can still land some big fights in the near future. If he gets steam rolled, then nobody of relevance will be checking for him anytime soon. We may end up seeing him on ESPN, until he builds himself back up. So his best bet on Saturday is to either systematically break Hopkins down, try to send him to the moon, or lose in good fashion.

i think Hopkins would definitely fight Toney if Toney gets a belt. that all depends on Hopkins winning and Toney getting some wins though. i don't really see the fight happening.
Mean Mister Mustard
I didn't really follow the build up for the fight, in terms of watching the press conferences and all, but I'm surprised that Hopkins didn't really try any outlandish stunts for this fight in regards to psychological warfare.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 14 2011, 11:44 PM) *
I didn't really follow the build up for the fight, in terms of watching the press conferences and all, but I'm surprised that Hopkins didn't really try any outlandish stunts for this fight in regards to psychological warfare.

Dont worry...Dawson is already doubting himself. I will call DirecTV tomorrow and order the fight, then set the DVR (just in case Im balls-deep in my homegirl thats chilling with me this weekend), so I will be ready. If you guys see me on here posting tomorrow, its either because I told the chick that "Im gonna watch the fight, regardless" or she got me! Either way, yall will hear from me, lol.
kidbazooka1
Gotta go with Dawson on this one his style is all wrong for Hopkins and he knows it.

Dawson by competitve UD.
duwdu
I voted Dawson by Close Decision; it should be a UD though. My instinct is that whereas BHop continues with his mind games through the fight, this Dawson knows this fight has his career cut out for him going forward. As a result, he would be a more competitive fighter compared to the one that fought Pascal.

P34c3
SENTRAL
Looked past b-hop so many times in recent times it would be ironic if I pick him tonight and he goes onto lose. I wont do it though because once again I really do feel Dawson is here at the right time and should have enough about him to score the win in a close sometimes messy affair.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I just can't get too excited about this fight for some reason. It's an HBO match that's thrown on PPV, and there has little hype behind it. I think it's a good matchup, but it's going to flop big time on PPV. That said, come 7:30 I'll be like a crackhead with the remote and probably order it.

I like Hopkins by easy UD. Chad is a good fighter, but he lacks drive. He has put on lackluster performances ever since he beat Adamek is 07. Hopkins will expose that. This sport is 80% mental, and I don't think Dawson truly believes in his abilities. Every fight he just lacks something, and you don't want that to happen against Hopkins. If Dawson even has an ounce of uncertainty tonight, he's going to get beat. He'll be tentative to be agressive against Hopkins, and that will play right into his plans. He's going to fight at Hopkins' pace, and lose the rounds.
HazConvictedFelonMane
Set up the free stream and I'll watch it. Aint no way I'm paying for that fight. It's a good fight, but for World Championship Boxing. It's a PPV that I'd never buy. I'm picking Dawson to win. I hope he sends Hopkins into retirement for good. I'm kind of tired of B-Hop's antics. He should go full time on FNF. He made history already, now he's fighting on borrowed time. I'd be elated if Chad Dawson knocked B-Hop out tonight. Set up the stream and I'm all in. Otherwise, I'll just read the round by round.
Cshel86
I was debating on whether or not I was gonna buy it and almost talked myself into it, and thats when it was $50. Soooo, I looked at the preview today, and HD is $60! WTF? This definitely should've been one of those $45 PPVs...hell, Morales/Maidana was $45, and its undercards were waaay better. Fuckin' Directv is bending folks over nowadays, smh...
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I agree about the price, but whatever. I ordered it anyway. The only other thing that I wanted to watch was the Tiger-Rangers game, but this is a big fight. This matchup is long overdue and it has a solid undercard.
Cshel86
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Oct 15 2011, 08:49 PM) *
I agree about the price, but whatever. I ordered it anyway. The only other thing that I wanted to watch was the Tiger-Rangers game, but this is a big fight. This matchup is long overdue and it has a solid undercard.

Cant argue with that! Besides, I dont have a woman riding my back anymore, so need to worry about spending money on Christmas gifts and such, lol. Hell, if this shit is still on my bill by the holidays, it wont be such a big deal! Lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.