Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: S.M.H @ Povetkin vs Rahman
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JLUVBABY
Just read Rahman is the frontrunner for povetkins first defense... Really, I have no words for that choice if that fight is made... Your guys thoughts please...
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 12 2011, 09:12 PM) *
Just read Rahman is the frontrunner for povetkins first defense... Really, I have no words for that choice if that fight is made... Your guys thoughts please...

You're S'ing your H, so am I. Thats all I can really say.
Lil-lightsout
I thought Hasim showed a lot of guts and effort against Wlad last time I saw him. He really deserves it, especially with those really fast hands he has. rolleyes_anim.gif
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 12 2011, 10:05 PM) *
I thought Hasim showed a lot of guts and effort against Wlad last time I saw him. He really deserves it, especially with those really fast hands he has. rolleyes_anim.gif

Don't forget, because he doesnt take many clean hits, he has a really good beard and can walk thru Povetkins shots.
gravytrain
i thought it's Holyfield? Holy must have some custody hearings coming up
BGv2.0
I had heard it came down to these two, but boxrec had Holyfield solidified as the opponenet...now I see that has been removed...BUT...Rock's name is not up yet.

For me personally I'd rather see him fight Holy than Rock. In all honesty, he SHOULD be fighting somebody along the lines of Arreola or Fres or maybe even Sam Peter....somebody younger that has an established name YET is still a winnable fight....but not a pushover.

BUT...if you make me pick between the two older fighters they are considering....I say Holyfield.

He's been more active, he's in better shape and if you simply compare what he has done in the last year as opposed to Rock...he deserves the fight over Rock...also..Povetkin will make more fighting Holy.

Romulus9
Go watch the video of Hasim Rahman's last fight, against Galen Brown.

If you can watch for more than three rounds without bursting into hysterical laughter, you're better than I am.

It's as absurd and sad as it is hilarious.
blackbelt2003
If it was a heavyweight title fight, then it would suck.

But if you take it for what it is, a marking time fight for Povetkin whilst he sets up a title challenge to Klitschko, then it's fine.

BTW...if anyone mentions that it is for the 'WBA' belt, then they are part of the problem, not the solution!

Black
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.