Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Movies.
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
BGv2.0
OK...so anybody seen any good ones here of late?

The Debt. IMHO if Helen Marrin does not get the Oscar for this it will be a total robbery. I've only felt that way 2 other times....Q. Pheonix as Cash and Jeff Bridges as Bad Blake in Crazy Heart...I'm 50/50 with those. If you have not seen it...you really got to check it out.

Human Centipede II (Full Sequence). Without a doubt the single most disgusting thing I've ever seen....and I've seen a LOT. If you were a fan of the first one, you might want to avoid this one as they are polar opposites. In that first one Tom Six was very conservative with everything, the blood and gore as well as nudity....not here....I swear this film MUST hold the record for showing IN DETAIL every single body fluid you can show...that's not an exaggeration...Urine, Feces, blood, sweat, vomit, semen, vaginal fluid and afterbirth....is there anything else? VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK! I'm hearing though that "A Serbian Film" is actually WORSE than this one....very hard to believe...but that comes out on dvd on the 25th...so I guess we shall see.

The Thing. I'm a HUGE fan of Carpenters 1982 version. I gotta say I LOVED this prequel! I think it is a seamless prequel to Carpenter's. I love how they brought back old school rubber and latex FX and the CGI that was used was not overbearing and was really good.

ANYBODY checked out Real Steel?

Being boxing related I'm hoping somebody saw it.....it looks like Rock Em Sock Em Robots...I'm hearing good things but have not checked it out as of yet.
I'm hoping it's not super kid only in nature.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Oct 17 2011, 01:45 PM) *
OK...so anybody seen any good ones here of late?

The Debt. IMHO if Helen Marrin does not get the Oscar for this it will be a total robbery. I've only felt that way 2 other times....Q. Pheonix as Cash and Jeff Bridges as Bad Blake in Crazy Heart...I'm 50/50 with those. If you have not seen it...you really got to check it out.

Human Centipede II (Full Sequence). Without a doubt the single most disgusting thing I've ever seen....and I've seen a LOT. If you were a fan of the first one, you might want to avoid this one as they are polar opposites. In that first one Tom Six was very conservative with everything, the blood and gore as well as nudity....not here....I swear this film MUST hold the record for showing IN DETAIL every single body fluid you can show...that's not an exaggeration...Urine, Feces, blood, sweat, vomit, semen, vaginal fluid and afterbirth....is there anything else? VIEW AT YOUR OWN RISK! I'm hearing though that "A Serbian Film" is actually WORSE than this one....very hard to believe...but that comes out on dvd on the 25th...so I guess we shall see.

The Thing. I'm a HUGE fan of Carpenters 1982 version. I gotta say I LOVED this prequel! I think it is a seamless prequel to Carpenter's. I love how they brought back old school rubber and latex FX and the CGI that was used was not overbearing and was really good.

ANYBODY checked out Real Steel?

Being boxing related I'm hoping somebody saw it.....it looks like Rock Em Sock Em Robots...I'm hearing good things but have not checked it out as of yet.
I'm hoping it's not super kid only in nature.

I've heard about those movies and have no interest in seeing them. Where did you catch those flicks though? Film festival?

As for the Thing, I've seen some of the commercials. Did they really change the lead character into a female?
BGv2.0
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 19 2011, 12:14 AM) *
I've heard about those movies and have no interest in seeing them. Where did you catch those flicks though? Film festival?

As for the Thing, I've seen some of the commercials. Did they really change the lead character into a female?

We have a place in Houston called River Oaks Plaza, it's owned by Landmark Theaters, it was built in 1939 and has all of the original stuff still in place. Landmark uses it for rare/indie/foregin films.

Houston was one of the cities that HC2 got to debut in.

No, they did not CHANGE the lead...this is a prequel to Carpenter's...so she is a whole other person that was at the Norwegian station that Kurt Russel visits in the Carpenter version.

There has been a LOT of misunderstanding about this film...partly due to the director flip flopping in interviews about if it was going to be a prequel, sequel or a remake....he has in many interviews for the past couple years mixed it up as to what it was....

THERE IS NO DOUNT IT IS A PREQUEL.

So lots of people are going and being quite surprised to find out that it is....as they were thinking it was a remake.

BUT...the director chose a female lead because his thinking was that Kurt Russel as McCreedy was NEVER going to be topped....so why even bother using a male lead...use a female and there will be no comparison.

Lots of people that are under the misconception that it is a remake have been aggrivated that they made the role a female lead when in actuality they are not imformed as to the fact that it is not a remake.

If you were a fan of Carpenter's....you really should check it out....I loved it!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.