Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Has Been the Crappiest Fight in 2011?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Allmenjoi8
Who had the worse fight and why? My vote goes to Agbeko vs. Mares. That match was awful to watch, the ref and the cheap shots by Mares I had to turn.
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Oct 18 2011, 10:43 AM) *
Who had the worse fight and why? My vote goes to Agbeko vs. Mares. That match was awful to watch, the ref and the cheap shots by Mares I had to turn.

I have to agree. The officiating in that match was horrid. It looked like Russell Mora had orders from GBP to make sure that Abner Mares became GBP's 1st homegrown world champion.
Vaughn831
I have to say Bernard Hopkins vs Chad Dawson.........at least the other fights you got to see somethin I completely wasted my money on that fight $50 bucks down the toilet Mayweather Vs Ortiz I wanted to see more also even tho I know Mayweather would have dominated
Cshel86
I hate that I cant vote twice, but its a toss-up for me, between Khan/Judah and Alexander/Bradley. I definitely give the edge to Alexander/Bradley, because it was the first fight of the year, with two undefeated fighters...and yet, the promotion managed to go to shit and the venue choice was horrendous. Not to mention the circus that took place in the ring.

I wasn't a Bradley by far and this was the fight that was supposed to take him over the top, and Devon was already walking on egg shells after the Kotelnik fight, so this was his second chance to make a first impression...but yet, both guys managed to pull a game-blower no2.gif
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Oct 18 2011, 11:19 AM) *
I hate that I cant vote twice, but its a toss-up for me, between Khan/Judah and Alexander/Bradley. I definitely give the edge to Alexander/Bradley, because it was the first fight of the year, with two undefeated fighters...and yet, the promotion managed to go to shit and the venue choice was horrendous. Not to mention the circus that took place in the ring.

I wasn't a Bradley by far and this was the fight that was supposed to take him over the top, and Devon was already walking on egg shells after the Kotelnik fight, so this was his second chance to make a first impression...but yet, both guys managed to pull a game-blower no2.gif

I completely forgot about Khan vs. Judah and Alexander vs. Bradley!!! Two awful fights. At least you did not have to pay for them. I totally forgot about those fights. It was like watching paint dry or the Senior PGA tournament. Awful!!! Good post, first time for everything.
Mean Mister Mustard
As far as Alexander-Bradley goes, yes it was pitiful compared to the expectations we had, but then again, they fought the fight that they thought would be the most effective to get the win, so I can't really vote for that as the crappiest fight, though I agree that it wasn't the prettiest either.

Khan-Judah was simply a domination which ended with one guy quitting. Not really Khan's fault as he showed that he was the better man.

Klitshcko-Haye is in the same boat as Bradley-Alexander. Both guys fought in their usual style to try and get the win. In this case Haye gets most of the blame because it was up to him to change tactics and to try and press the action, but I enjoyed seeing the fight, because my expectations weren't that high to begin with. It was a good tactical contest.

Agbeko-Mares was a good fight in spots, but it was really screwed up by the ref. When a boxer has to fight two guys in the ring, it really is a crappy fight.

Ortiz-Mayweather was going to be a crappy fight in terms of one sidedness, so the controversial ending actually made it better, though it would have been better if it would have happened later on in the fight.

Dawosn-Hopkins was a truly crappy fight, since we didn't see anything. Things were just about to get heated up and then the flame was snuffed out by a shitty ending. This one would have to be my pick.
Cshel86
Agbeko/Mares was great as far as action during the fight, but yes, nobody even holds a candle to Russell Mora this year if we wanna talk about bad officiating. I agree with Vaughn on the waste of money...though I gotcha beat by $10 because mine was $60. The only thing that saved face for me, was the great undercards on Hopkins/Dawson. C'mon Allmenjoi...how could you forget Alexander/Bradley? That was the fight that started all of the madness this year...and Khan/Judah was very forgettable but still makes me cringe, lol.

Im glad MMM decided to break down all of the nominees! Im hoping that JMM/Pac or Cotto/Margarito II wont ever see this list...simply because we have to pay for those fights. Still a few left before the year over though...Donaire fights this weekend (finally), then we have Kirkland/Angulo, Alvarez/Cintron, Khan/Peterson, and a couple more, I believe.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (cshel86 @ Oct 18 2011, 01:37 PM) *
Agbeko/Mares was great as far as action during the fight, but yes, nobody even holds a candle to Russell Mora this year if we wanna talk about bad officiating. I agree with Vaughn on the waste of money...though I gotcha beat by $10 because mine was $60. The only thing that saved face for me, was the great undercards on Hopkins/Dawson. C'mon Allmenjoi...how could you forget Alexander/Bradley? That was the fight that started all of the madness this year...and Khan/Judah was very forgettable but still makes me cringe, lol.

Im glad MMM decided to break down all of the nominees! Im hoping that JMM/Pac or Cotto/Margarito II wont ever see this list...simply because we have to pay for those fights. Still a few left before the year over though...Donaire fights this weekend (finally), then we have Kirkland/Angulo, Alvarez/Cintron, Khan/Peterson, and a couple more, I believe.

Alexander/Bradley reminds of my first driving test... just started off bad Shaft. First I damn near hit someone and I forgot to drive with both hands on the wheel. It was doomed from the start like that fight. Alexander/Bradley was the worse.
wolterb
khan-judah/hopkins-dawson is a tie for me.
atleast the klit fight went the distance. at least agbeko kept goin til the bell. same for alexander and bradley. the ortiz mayweather fight at least had 4 rds of pretty tense action with a fuckin stellar ending (my opinion, i know the sucker punch ending pissed alotta people off but i thought it was golden)

judah seized up and went deaf during the 10 count. and any fight that ends via tko in the 2nd rd when neither fighter landed one significant punch is a serious bummer - especially when it seemed like it was going to be a competitive fight.
Sunni6Killer
Klitschko vs Haye.
Jack 1000
My vote went to Dawson-Hopkins for multiple reasons.

1.) It had no business as a fucking PPV
2.) We knew it was gonna be ZZZZZZZ's in terms of action.
3.) Less than two full rounds of action plus a ridiculous ruling of a TKO, on a clear foul, despite the ref saying no foul, in what should have been a No Contest or a DQ win for Hopkins.

Runner-Up would be Klitschko-Haye, because of David doing all that talk and we got a bullshit waltz. One of the worst fights in boxing that failed to deliver what it promised.

As sickening as Russell Mora's officiating was in Mares-Agbeko, it was still an excellent fight tarnished by a biased referee who appeared to be bribed by someone at Golden Boy Promotions, so that Oscar's company would get his first world champion, by refusing to penalize Mares for anywhere from 30-90 low blows! This fight had some of the most low blows without a penalty in the whole history of the sport!

Jack
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Gotta go with Wlad-Haye. That was the most hyped up heavyweight fight since 2003 (Lewis-Vitali). IT was supposed to reinvigorate the heavyweight division, and make for an exciting fight. Haye did nothing in the fight, and then had the nerve to blame a toe injury for his non-performance. Haye showed his true colors in that fight, and all the talked backfired. That was easily the worse fight of the year.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Jack, at least Hopkins-Dawson had DeMarco-Linares on the undercard, which could be a candidate for FOTY. The card gave plenty of rounds of action, and had some compelling matchups. At least there was some controversey, which made for good conversation. You can't say it would have been a boring match based on two rounds of action. Who knows what happens in the last 10?
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Oct 18 2011, 03:36 PM) *
Alexander/Bradley reminds of my first driving test... just started off bad Shaft. First I damn near hit someone and I forgot to drive with both hands on the wheel. It was doomed from the start like that fight. Alexander/Bradley was the worse.

Wow, it was that bad for you? I pretty much knew what to expect coming into the fight. I got pretty much what I expected. I'm not defending them or their fight by no accounts. I thought that Alexander's performace against Urango was over praised. It seemed as if Max Kellerman was working the public over in regards to Alexander. It almost sounded like he was co-promoting him. I also saw Bradley-Peterson. I wasn't impressed by Bradley's performace either. I thought that he showed 'ring generalship' (aka running) after Peterson tagged him. He wasn't doing to show finesse, he was doing it to pot shoot and avoid contact. I wasn't disappointed when I saw that fight because of Bradley's previous fight and Alexander's previous fight. He got his ass whooped by Kotelnik. Agbeko-Mares was a fight I was interested in seeing. Darchinyan cried foul and so did Agbeko. I got a chance to see the one with Agbeko. I didn't see the one with Darchinyan, so I was looking out for the fouls. He didn't disappoint.
Fitz
BigG, clear out your PM box, it's full.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 18 2011, 05:53 PM) *
BigG, clear out your PM box, it's full.

Lmao!
+1
Cshel86
QUOTE (wolterb @ Oct 18 2011, 04:53 PM) *
khan-judah/hopkins-dawson is a tie for me.
atleast the klit fight went the distance. at least agbeko kept goin til the bell. same for alexander and bradley. the ortiz mayweather fight at least had 4 rds of pretty tense action with a fuckin stellar ending (my opinion, i know the sucker punch ending pissed alotta people off but i thought it was golden)

judah seized up and went deaf during the 10 count. and any fight that ends via tko in the 2nd rd when neither fighter landed one significant punch is a serious bummer - especially when it seemed like it was going to be a competitive fight.

Man your freakin' analogies and descriptions are crazy! Lmao!
mrchitown
I'm giving my vote to Hopkins-Dawson. It was on PPV & the ending was so controversial. Not even 2 complete rounds before some bs popped off. If I had to choose a runner up I'd vote for Klitschko-Haye. All that sh*t talking Haye did for years & he came out & put on that sh*tty performance. Instead of owning up to the fact that he lost, he blamed it on a toe injury. Pathetic.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Oct 18 2011, 04:43 PM) *
Wow, it was that bad for you? I pretty much knew what to expect coming into the fight. I got pretty much what I expected. I'm not defending them or their fight by no accounts. I thought that Alexander's performace against Urango was over praised. It seemed as if Max Kellerman was working the public over in regards to Alexander. It almost sounded like he was co-promoting him. I also saw Bradley-Peterson. I wasn't impressed by Bradley's performace either. I thought that he showed 'ring generalship' (aka running) after Peterson tagged him. He wasn't doing to show finesse, he was doing it to pot shoot and avoid contact. I wasn't disappointed when I saw that fight because of Bradley's previous fight and Alexander's previous fight. He got his ass whooped by Kotelnik. Agbeko-Mares was a fight I was interested in seeing. Darchinyan cried foul and so did Agbeko. I got a chance to see the one with Agbeko. I didn't see the one with Darchinyan, so I was looking out for the fouls. He didn't disappoint.

The fight or my driver's test? The fight was just bad. My driver's test was a nightmare. The instructor gave me this death stare and said "Pull over, cut off the engine, and get out of the car." I cried for at least a good ten minutes. The fight I could not decide if I wanted t watch the rest of the Life Time movie that was on or the rest of the fight. I missed a damn good lifetime movie.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Oct 18 2011, 07:58 PM) *
The fight or my driver's test? The fight was just bad. My driver's test was a nightmare. The instructor gave me this death stare and said "Pull over, cut off the engine, and get out of the car." I cried for at least a good ten minutes. The fight I could not decide if I wanted t watch the rest of the Life Time movie that was on or the rest of the fight. I missed a damn good lifetime movie.

Lifetime!? Aint that the "man-hating channel"? In my opinion, you did miss a damn good lifetime movie. Since you couldn't see a man get a good beating in a boxing match, you should've turned back to lifetime...they beat men up bad on that channel often...especially those "Man-Bashing" movie marathons on Sundays! Lmao!
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 18 2011, 09:19 PM) *
Lifetime!? Aint that the "man-hating channel"? In my opinion, you did miss a damn good lifetime movie. Since you couldn't see a man get a good beating in a boxing match, you should've turned back to lifetime...they beat men up bad on that channel often...especially those "Man-Bashing" movie marathons on Sundays! Lmao!

Lifetime has movies about crazy women and bastard men. They have love stories and drama. I like the crazy women stories and the bastard men movies the best. And Saturday is the man bashing day Friday is the viewers choice. Which can be pretty damn corny. Damn it I am so off topic...

The fact is The Alexander and Bradley fight stunk. It stunk worse than Lil Kim's mouth.
kingknockout
dawson/hopkins.....

i didn't think a fight could end quicker than mayweather/ortiz this year far as a PPV main event but I was wrong.

the alexander/bradley fight was a snooze fest also.
JONdaCON817
hard not to vote for the BHop fight... atleast in the other fights there were decent lengths (although the Haye/Klit fight couldve spared us a few rounds)... and the May/Ortiz fight, although short, showed flashes of a good scrap and atleast offered a fairly decent undercard...
Cshel86
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Oct 19 2011, 10:55 AM) *
hard not to vote for the BHop fight... atleast in the other fights there were decent lengths (although the Haye/Klit fight couldve spared us a few rounds)... and the May/Ortiz fight, although short, showed flashes of a good scrap and atleast offered a fairly decent undercard...

Yeah its hard to not look past that travesty...hopefully its the last one this year. I would hate to pay for another one...gladly there are only two fights left that are worth paying for until the end of the year...everything else is HBO or Showtime...

Seek
Dawson Hopkins is a given so I picked Klitschko Haye
mgrover
Klit Haye because at the time I was underage so I couldnt get into any fucking bars or pubs to see it, meaning I had to buy it, christ what a waste of money
gravytrain
any Mayweather fight. it's a blessing he only fights once a year.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Oct 18 2011, 04:43 PM) *
Jack, at least Hopkins-Dawson had DeMarco-Linares on the undercard, which could be a candidate for FOTY. The card gave plenty of rounds of action, and had some compelling matchups. At least there was some controversey, which made for good conversation. You can't say it would have been a boring match based on two rounds of action. Who knows what happens in the last 10?

I do plan to get a DVD of Demarco-Linares for sure. I am not totally sure if Hopkins-Dawson would have been boring, but I would say 65% yes had we gotten more rounds. Same if there is a rematch, but Chad has said no. Bernard and most of the public thinks he won. (Hopkins)

Jack
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Oct 18 2011, 07:58 PM) *

Both. Thanks for clearing that up. Wow.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Oct 18 2011, 11:19 PM) *
Lifetime has movies about crazy women and bastard men. They have love stories and drama. I like the crazy women stories and the bastard men movies the best. And Saturday is the man bashing day Friday is the viewers choice. Which can be pretty damn corny. Damn it I am so off topic...

The fact is The Alexander and Bradley fight stunk. It stunk worse than Lil Kim's mouth.

Im mad that you know the whole Lifetime line-up haha.gif
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 20 2011, 08:54 AM) *
Im mad that you know the whole Lifetime line-up haha.gif

Well my last two months of my pregnancy I was chilling. So Lifetime became my best friend. Do not judge me Zatoichi!
wolterb
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Oct 20 2011, 10:43 AM) *
Well my last two months of my pregnancy I was chilling. So Lifetime became my best friend. Do not judge me Zatoichi!

whoooooa...whered the blind swordsman reference come from??? i need to be filled in on this. didnt think i'd see that name get dropped in fh forum lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (wolterb @ Oct 20 2011, 02:14 PM) *
whoooooa...whered the blind swordsman reference come from??? i need to be filled in on this. didnt think i'd see that name get dropped in fh forum lol

Lol, long story Wolterb! Long story...
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (wolterb @ Oct 20 2011, 01:14 PM) *

Zatoichi is the best... hands down. He was the true meanest nice guy not cshels. which is why i referenced the great Zatoichi.
Cshel86
Damn Im at work watching Khan/Judah again and sitting on the edge of my chair almost yelling at Zab to throw a punch, smh...3 months later, and Im still not over it. Damn I wish I could vote more than once aggressive.gif
wolterb
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Oct 20 2011, 03:02 PM) *
Zatoichi is the best... hands down. He was the true meanest nice guy not cshels. which is why i referenced the great Zatoichi.

lol ok gotcha gotcha. those are great fucking movies. you ever seen seven samurai? its golden.

hey c-shel. i feel yer pain man. at first in the khan judah fight i was like, damn dude...judahs got some sweet-p D goin' on!
shortly after i made that remark it seemed like judah got over confident with just duckin khans punches.
next thing i know, judahs face starts swelling and he won't let his punches go.

another thing that chapped my ass was how judah seemed more concerned with smiling and posing at khan as if he was gonna intimidate khan after one-sided shalackings! that shit works better when yer the one landing the punches! god! frustrating. judah is one of those boxers where you can see the potential, where he always shows brief moments of really good skill and then...fucking blows it time after time.

idk man, that fight frustrated the hell out of me too. what can you do tho
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.