Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Myth of Manny Pacquiao and the Truth of Who REALLY Fights the Bigger Guys
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Xception2ThRule
leonthegee
Even with hearing it come from Roaches mouth Mannys fan are still gonna find a way to spin it in their favor. So this video means nothing to them basically.
HazConvictedFelonMane
I'd have to say that I would have more respect for Manny Pacquiao if it weren't for this big mouthed, cherry picking trainer. He's the one that's ruining Manny's image. The drug accusations were just the nail in the coffin. Someone on youtube made a video with head size comparisons and you can clearly see the difference. This guy is finished. I just don't understand how the Pacquiao loyalists can call Floyd Mayweather a cherry picker. Their fighter's trainer openly admits to seeking out damaged fighters. Instead of proving to the world that he is rightfully the P4P king, he just cons the idiots into thinking that he is better than what he really is. Put him in the ring with a fighter that's on the up and up. We'll get a chance to see what he's all about. Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao with OSDT will tell the truth of who is the best P4P fighter in the world. All he has to do is take the test, show up to the ring, and destroy Mayweather the same way he destroyed the other guys he fought.
Xception2ThRule
The thing I find ironic is that Floyd is accused of cherry-picking and ducking fighters with NO EVIDENCE other than that opponent is not listed on his resume. People fail to see that Cotto, Margarito and Clottey are all Arum's fighters, and there is a business aspect to why he didn't fight those guys, as opposed to the ridiculous ASSUMPTION that he is scared. I would have liked to have seen those fights, but I think beating a damaged Cotto and a one-dimensional plodder in Margarito, as well as an inactive Clottey would not have done much for his legacy anyway, the same way as I think it didn't do much for Manny, especially fighting Cotto @145. None of these guys are going to be looked at as GREAT fighters once all is said and done, and Margarito especially will forever be remembered as MARGACHEATO, that PLASTER OF PARIS guy, forget the fact that he is a one-dimensional plodder.

On the flip side, there is actual PROOF that Manny Pacquiao and his team cherry-picks his opponents, yet somehow, even WITH EVIDENCE, people choose to avoid the FACTS.
mgrover
theyve both cherry picked there way through the welterweight division its no secret.
checkleft
It's true. But manny fans don't care, Floyd does it two but he definitely fights better fighters with more reasonable weight limits.
Vaughn831
QUOTE (Xception2ThRule @ Oct 19 2011, 01:17 PM) *
The thing I find ironic is that Floyd is accused of cherry-picking and ducking fighters with NO EVIDENCE other than that opponent is not listed on his resume. People fail to see that Cotto, Margarito and Clottey are all Arum's fighters, and there is a business aspect to why he didn't fight those guys, as opposed to the ridiculous ASSUMPTION that he is scared. I would have liked to have seen those fights, but I think beating a damaged Cotto and a one-dimensional plodder in Margarito, as well as an inactive Clottey would not have done much for his legacy anyway, the same way as I think it didn't do much for Manny, especially fighting Cotto @145. None of these guys are going to be looked at as GREAT fighters once all is said and done, and Margarito especially will forever be remembered as MARGACHEATO, that PLASTER OF PARIS guy, forget the fact that he is a one-dimensional plodder.

On the flip side, there is actual PROOF that Manny Pacquiao and his team cherry-picks his opponents, yet somehow, even WITH EVIDENCE, people choose to avoid the FACTS.

Very Very good clip bruh.......this is something I've always took notice too. That is exactly why he won't agree to fight Mayweather yet. He knows once he loses its all over. And he will lose to Mayweather no doubt. And once again his next fight with Marquez is another catch weight for him to have the advantage over a fighter he really lost to twice. Manny aint no P4P king he is just an overrated fighter fighting guys past their prime and draining them to nothing at the same time. But credit to -Bob Arum, he managed to make Pacquiao a star and future hall of famer this way. All i can say is WOW what a crook
Mayweather is truly the best and he fights the best out there..... Pacquiao don't want none of Floyd and he knows it so Top Rank please stop trying to fool the public. Or should I say boxing fans and public don't allow yourselves to be fooled by the crooks at Top Rank lol 2 times
gravytrain
QUOTE (Vaughn831 @ Oct 19 2011, 03:59 PM) *
Very Very good clip bruh.......this is something I've always took notice too. That is exactly why he won't agree to fight Mayweather yet. He knows once he loses its all over. And he will lose to Mayweather no doubt. And once again his next fight with Marquez is another catch weight for him to have the advantage over a fighter he really lost to twice. Manny aint no P4P king he is just an overrated fighter fighting guys past their prime and draining them to nothing at the same time. But credit to -Bob Arum, he managed to make Pacquiao a star and future hall of famer this way. All i can say is WOW what a crook
Mayweather is truly the best and he fights the best out there..... Pacquiao don't want none of Floyd and he knows it so Top Rank please stop trying to fool the public. Or should I say boxing fans and public don't allow yourselves to be fooled by the crooks at Top Rank lol 2 times

Mayweather fights hand picked B fighters, inactive fighters and smaller fighters.
K18
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 19 2011, 04:49 PM) *
Mayweather fights hand picked B fighters, inactive fighters and smaller fighters.

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure he just fought a bigger Ortiz and fought De La Hoya at 154, the only guys I can recall him being the legit bigger fighter is Hatton and Marquez, both those guys kept calling him out and were very active
leonthegay
QUOTE (Vaughn831 @ Oct 19 2011, 03:59 PM) *

STFU dumb ass... only Floydfags would twist it like this. Pac has lost before, he doesnt have a paper thin flimsy undefeated record to protect and use as a selling point. Hes lost 3 times and people still pay to watch him throw down. Floyd on the other hand... once his 0 is gone NOBODY will pay to see him fight anymore with his boring ass pitter patter shit.. Thats why his punk ass keeps coming up with more and more exscuses not to fight Pac.

Answer this.. when was the last time Floyd fought any fighter not GBP?
Vaughn831
QUOTE (leonthegay @ Oct 20 2011, 01:02 AM) *
STFU dumb ass... only Floydfags would twist it like this. Pac has lost before, he doesnt have a paper thin flimsy undefeated record to protect and use as a selling point. Hes lost 3 times and people still pay to watch him throw down. Floyd on the other hand... once his 0 is gone NOBODY will pay to see him fight anymore with his boring ass pitter patter shit.. Thats why his punk ass keeps coming up with more and more exscuses not to fight Pac.

your hella dumb and your fooled by Manny pacquiao and Top Rank. Floyd is the best boxer on the planet don't hate. You must be a broke ass punk waistin your time hating on someone who deserves all the credit in the world. And your dumb if u really think Mayweather is the one who aint takin the fight with Pacquaio. Pacquiao know he can't beat mayweather and so does bob Arum thats why Arum won't let Pac Fight Money May, he knows better. Pacquiao struggled against Morales in the first fight and against Shane Mosley who both boxed him so what do you think will happen when he steps in there against the best, he gon get his ass whooped easily by Floyd. Manny Pacquaio is overrated.
Aware
LOL @ Freddy Roach tarnishing his own fighter's legacy.
JONdaCON817
look at you fools arguing with each other... no one is gonna sway either way to why waste your breathe?...
Cshel86
QUOTE (leonthegay @ Oct 20 2011, 02:02 AM) *

QUOTE (Vaughn831 @ Oct 20 2011, 03:50 AM) *
your hella dumb and your fooled by Manny pacquiao and Top Rank. Floyd is the best boxer on the planet don't hate. You must be a broke ass punk waistin your time hating on someone who deserves all the credit in the world. And your dumb if u really think Mayweather is the one who aint takin the fight with Pacquaio. Pacquiao know he can't beat mayweather and so does bob Arum thats why Arum won't let Pac Fight Money May, he knows better. Pacquiao struggled against Morales in the first fight and against Shane Mosley who both boxed him so what do you think will happen when he steps in there against the best, he gon get his ass whooped easily by Floyd. Manny Pacquaio is overrated.

Lmao!...and once again, emotions run high in a Pacquiao/Mayweather thread aggressive.gif

QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Oct 20 2011, 11:56 AM) *
look at you fools arguing with each other... no one is gonna sway either way to why waste your breathe?...

+1
For some atrocious, inexplicable, and embarrassing reason...its fun to watch! Lmao! Let's see how YouTube-ish it gets laugh.gif
KookedKrack
sigh.......
Cshel86
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Oct 20 2011, 03:12 PM) *
sigh.......

checkleft
Starting to feel like YouTube up in here...
mgrover
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 20 2011, 10:20 PM) *
Starting to feel like YouTube up in here...

starting? I can already see my playlists here
Cshel86
Yeah, this thread is on my "watch later" list...Im sure that more shenanigans are under way, but hey, I dont mind a nice debate. When the estrogen level rises, then comes the fall...
gravytrain
QUOTE (K18 @ Oct 19 2011, 07:15 PM) *
Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure he just fought a bigger Ortiz and fought De La Hoya at 154, the only guys I can recall him being the legit bigger fighter is Hatton and Marquez, both those guys kept calling him out and were very active

Ortiz was a handpicked B fighter and DLH was past his prime and fighting on because he knew he could make millions win or lose. Hatton was a JWW and Mayweather didn't even meet the weight limit he and Marquez agreed to. they're just a bunch of safe inhouse fights.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Vaughn831 @ Oct 20 2011, 02:50 AM) *

You must be some fake ass wanna be boxing fan hating on a legend like Manny Pac. This man beats the mess out of every fool who dares to step in the ring with him. Why do you think that broke ass fake wanna be thug hero of yours Floyd Mayweather refuses to do it? Floyd knows what time it is.

Freddie lines em up and Manny knocks em out. And THAT'S the bottom line.
caneman
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Oct 20 2011, 09:20 PM) *
You must be some fake ass wanna be boxing fan hating on a legend like Manny Pac. This man beats the mess out of every fool who dares to step in the ring with him. Why do you think that broke ass fake wanna be thug hero of yours Floyd Mayweather refuses to do it? Floyd knows what time it is.

Freddie lines em up and Manny knocks em out. And THAT'S the bottom line.

These fools have circle jerk to this guy who made the video and mr opal like every video they make is backed by facts, it's laughable in my eyes!
HazConvictedFelonMane
Pacquiao should sue his trainer. I don't need to try to convince people that Pacquiao is a cherry picking media creation, his own trainer can do a better job of that than anyone else could ever do. Nevermind what Floyd's saying. In people's minds, he's just jealous of the Quack-Man. What's Freddie Roach's excuse? This guy can't seem to help himself. C'mon Mr. Trainer, give us some more reasons to lose more respect for your fighter and his post 130lbs legacy. We know that you guys look for the advantage in any way you possibly could. If he needs so many advantages because he's fighter bigger guys, then maybe he needs to fight guys his own size. There are plenty of fighters out there with whom he can have a traditional fight with. No catchweights, no borderline illegal wraps, and no bullshit. Fight a straight up even fight with someone who's there to fight. Manny won't fight Robert Guerrero. He's a lightweight who's moving up. Manny won't fight any other welterweight champion. Manny's not interested in fighting anyone that will earn him some respect. If he were to fight JMM at 140, he'd earn some respect. He ducked him until they realized that they could balloon him up in weight to slow him down. He's already slower than Manny by 3 folds, how much more slower do they want him to be? They want him to be as slow as Antonio Margarito. Ugh, it's just disgusting. The people that worship this guy's 'fighting heart' couldn't be more blind.
leonthegay
QUOTE (Vaughn831 @ Oct 20 2011, 03:50 AM) *
Pacquiao struggled against Morales in the first fight and against Shane Mosley who both boxed him

This right here proves you are some dumb ass kid who nobody takes seriously.. not even your mother lol.. Shane Mosely outboxed Pac? Really? How could you see the fight with Floyds balls resting on your face? Shane got dropped by a punch that didnt even really have any leverage then RAN for the remainder of the fight.

What part of the statement where Pac has already lost yet people still pay to see him fight does your simple pea brain not comprehend?
CrazyBuffalO
There's ONE (just one) thing Pacquiao needs to do after the fight with Marquez -- and that IS to call out to Floyd Mayweather Jr.
He needs to do that in front of the crowd and the whole wide world -- in the ring when he's interviewed right away after his fight with Marquez -- call out to Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Pacquiao ass don't be a sissy. Only you can make the fight happen now. You call out to Floyd, and Floyd will answer your wishes. No more running and hiding Pacquiao. Floyd can whoop your ass 3 times in one night!!
MaxPayne
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 20 2011, 09:19 PM) *
Ortiz was a handpicked B fighter and DLH was past his prime and fighting on because he knew he could make millions win or lose. Hatton was a JWW and Mayweather didn't even meet the weight limit he and Marquez agreed to. they're just a bunch of safe inhouse fights.

I disagree.

Ortiz was 24 year old coming off a career defining, Fight of the Year performance against an unbeaten prime prospect in Andre Berto.

De La Hoya was coming off a dominant 6th round TKO of Ricardo Mayorga, and in the Mayweather fight, made Floyd wear 10 oz. gloves to limit hand speed advantages and cut the ring size so that he could chase Floyd down easier.

Hatton's walking around weight is 175 lbs. This is well documented in the first episode of the Mayweather - Hatton 24/7 series. Cutting to 147 lbs. isn't moving mountains for him at all. Hatton had the height and reach of a natural welterweight.

The weight was an issue in the JMM fight, but Mayweather went into that fight with a bad rib injury, against one of the most punishing body punchers in the game. He dismantled Marquez in every conceivable way, to a point where even if all things were equal, Mayweather would have also won that match convincingly. Have you stopped to think that many lightweights re-hydrate to the high 140's ? Mayweather has never re-hydrated to more than 150 lbs., so in real terms, the fight really wasn't anything that Marquez wasn't used to, other than his weight gain.

Mayweather's just that good, I'm sorry.

MaxPayne
QUOTE (leonthegay @ Oct 24 2011, 02:28 AM) *
This right here proves you are some dumb ass kid who nobody takes seriously.. not even your mother lol.. Shane Mosely outboxed Pac? Really? How could you see the fight with Floyds balls resting on your face? Shane got dropped by a punch that didnt even really have any leverage then RAN for the remainder of the fight.

What part of the statement where Pac has already lost yet people still pay to see him fight does your simple pea brain not comprehend?

Way to simply attack another poster. Where does he say that Shane Mosley OUTBOXED Manny ? He simply says that Mosley and Morales chose to box Manny Pacquiao, instead of slug with him. Can't you even comprehend what that means ? It means that they tried to get behind their jabs, to stick and move and to tie Manny up when he tried to load up on punches on the inside. For Morales, it worked brilliantly in the first match, because he broke Manny down using sound boxing principles. Shane Mosley was washed up and the best he could hope to do would be to go all out defense by moving around. Pacquiao, the most celebrated headhunter of our generation, couldn't even run Mosley down.
BoxingEinstein

LMAO!!! This is a hilarious debate, I only see one non bias poster on here. The rest are more than likely Floyd fans or Pacman fans, the disgusting lot of them aren't they? Their like them fucking Gremlins, when they get wet, they get mad and turn into horrendous monsters. FUCK YOU ALL PACMAN AND FLOYD FANS...I HOPE YOU BOTH WASH AWAY WHEN BOTH OF THEM RETIRE FOR GOOD...I like Floyd and I like Pac but goddamn it what's wrong with you muthafuckas? If it wasn't for boxing these 2 would probably be flipping burgers at popeyes or attempt at bein a professional homeless begger. The sport is bigger than these 2 and we have so many talented and action/boxing oriented fighters in the next generation. It makes me sick to see that 2 groups of people who are only fans of 2 fighters of this celebrated sport out of so many others whether they the best or not. This shit has to stop it's like a fucking disease, we have a great fight coming up with Angulo vs Kirkland, Margs vs Cotto 2, Ward vs Froch and etc. and you fuckers got the audacity to preach your sickening opinions on fighters when you haven't even stepped a fucking second in a ring with someone else who's trained to hurt you. I like Floyd for his ring IQ, skills, character and dedication to the sport, I like Pacman for his heart, relentless courage, and how exciting he is as a fighter other than that both can kiss my ass because they don't pay my bills, my insurance, car note, food and or clothing, just fucking 12 rounds of entertainment or 1 fucking night. You little shits need a new hobby, stick to things you guys are more in tuned to.....like golf, horseback riding, nascar or maybe fuckin cricket but never speak on boxing as if you watched more than 30 different fighters full fights from the start to end. You all sound the same whether your on Floyds sack or on Pac's scrotum.

SMH....I blame EVERYONE FOR THIS SHIT!!!!.....#boxing
CrazyBuffalO
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 27 2011, 07:44 AM) *
LMAO!!! This is a hilarious debate, I only see one non bias poster on here. The rest are more than likely Floyd fans or Pacman fans, the disgusting lot of them aren't they? Their like them fucking Gremlins, when they get wet, they get mad and turn into horrendous monsters. FUCK YOU ALL PACMAN AND FLOYD FANS...I HOPE YOU BOTH WASH AWAY WHEN BOTH OF THEM RETIRE FOR GOOD...

It's a SPORT and it is MEANT TO ENTERTAIN people. Why can't people have favorites??

Actually you are the one acting weird. It's like you're saying you're into politics and you like both Democrats and Republicans. Does that make sense?? If you're into US politics, it's either you like Democrats more or you like Republicans more. That's called "having a particular favorite" (in this illustration a favorite political faction).
And same thing applies to sport or anything else in life. It's weird to have no favorites.

I like Floyd and I like Pac but goddamn it what's wrong with you muthafuckas? If it wasn't for boxing these 2 would probably be flipping burgers at popeyes or attempt at bein a professional homeless begger. The sport is bigger than these 2 and we have so many talented and action/boxing oriented fighters in the next generation. It makes me sick to see that 2 groups of people who are only fans of 2 fighters of this celebrated sport out of so many others whether they the best or not. This shit has to stop it's like a fucking disease, we have a great fight coming up with Angulo vs Kirkland, Margs vs Cotto 2, Ward vs Froch and etc. and you fuckers got the audacity to preach your sickening opinions on fighters when you haven't even stepped a fucking second in a ring with someone else who's trained to hurt you. I like Floyd for his ring IQ, skills, character and dedication to the sport, I like Pacman for his heart, relentless courage, and how exciting he is as a fighter other than that both can kiss my ass because they don't pay my bills, my insurance, car note, food and or clothing, just fucking 12 rounds of entertainment or 1 fucking night.

In reality boxing is declining in it's popularity. Love it or hate it, that's the fact. MMA appeals more to the new gen audience. Floyd and Manny are the only substantial draw to boxing these days.
But anyway, unlike you, I respect other people's view -- and in this case I respect your opinion above. To each his own.

You little shits need a new hobby, stick to things you guys are more in tuned to.....like golf, horseback riding, nascar or maybe fuckin cricket but never speak on boxing as if you watched more than 30 different fighters full fights from the start to end. You all sound the same whether your on Floyds sack or on Pac's scrotum.

Nope. You're the one who needs a new hobby. Someone (like you) who has TIME to follow 30 different fighters full fights from start to end seriously needs a life. Unless you work as a boxing journalist who needs to follow every fighter and fight for a living, I seriously think you seriously need to get a life.

Normal people who have work, friends, family, only have time to follow their favorite fighters and fights. Because they have a life, they can't sit in front of their TV sets the whole day. Unless of course you wanna fund them to do that (pay the bills and all so they could sit the whole day watching boxing and do nothing else in life). Pathetic fool.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 26 2011, 06:44 PM) *
LMAO!!! This is a hilarious debate, I only see one non bias poster on here. The rest are more than likely Floyd fans or Pacman fans, the disgusting lot of them aren't they? Their like them fucking Gremlins, when they get wet, they get mad and turn into horrendous monsters. FUCK YOU ALL PACMAN AND FLOYD FANS...I HOPE YOU BOTH WASH AWAY WHEN BOTH OF THEM RETIRE FOR GOOD...I like Floyd and I like Pac but goddamn it what's wrong with you muthafuckas? If it wasn't for boxing these 2 would probably be flipping burgers at popeyes or attempt at bein a professional homeless begger. The sport is bigger than these 2 and we have so many talented and action/boxing oriented fighters in the next generation. It makes me sick to see that 2 groups of people who are only fans of 2 fighters of this celebrated sport out of so many others whether they the best or not. This shit has to stop it's like a fucking disease, we have a great fight coming up with Angulo vs Kirkland, Margs vs Cotto 2, Ward vs Froch and etc. and you fuckers got the audacity to preach your sickening opinions on fighters when you haven't even stepped a fucking second in a ring with someone else who's trained to hurt you. I like Floyd for his ring IQ, skills, character and dedication to the sport, I like Pacman for his heart, relentless courage, and how exciting he is as a fighter other than that both can kiss my ass because they don't pay my bills, my insurance, car note, food and or clothing, just fucking 12 rounds of entertainment or 1 fucking night. You little shits need a new hobby, stick to things you guys are more in tuned to.....like golf, horseback riding, nascar or maybe fuckin cricket but never speak on boxing as if you watched more than 30 different fighters full fights from the start to end. You all sound the same whether your on Floyds sack or on Pac's scrotum.

laugh.gif Need a breather???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.