Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquiao vs. Marquez III: Preview and Poll!-Vote Now!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
We have the trilogy coming up, and while the conventional wisdom is that Pacquiao will win pretty easily, the first two fights were so two-sided that they have left 50/50 debates as to who won to this day. Is this the fight where Pacquiao finally dominates his rival. Or is Juan always going to be to Manny what Norton was to Ali any time they fight? Vote and comment, Now!

Jack

Administrator

PS. ANY USERS WHO WANT TO TALK ABOUT MAYWEATHER-PACQUIAO, SHOULD DO IT IN THE MAYWEATHER-PACQUIAO PIN-UP THREAD ONLY! THIS THREAD IS ONLY FOR PACQUIAO-MARQUEZ DISCUSSION. PLEASE RESPECT THIS REQUEST, THANK YOU.
Jack 1000
I voted for Pacquiao by wide decision. I don't think it will be exactly a beating, but Manny will be more dominate and break Juan down better than in the previous two fights. I expect scores of 117-111 and 116-112 (twice.)

Jack
Cshel86
This can go either way, though I dont see JMM winning by KO. If JMM gets out of the hellacious first 4 rounds, then it will be an interesting fight...just as the first two were. Pac has always been naturally bigger than Marquez, so there's nothing new to this. Im sure Marquez will look better at 144 this time around because his opponent isn't as fast the one he fought at this weight once before. Besides, he's fought this guy before, so Im sure he knows how to land some punches.
HazConvictedFelonMane
I voted Pacquiao by close. I think that Manny will use his quickness to come away with the victory. Juan Manuel has exceptional boxing ability, as well as superb timing. I think that would make for a competitive fight, but Manny will come away with the victory. 7 rounds to 5 Pacquiao by SD.
Seek
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 19 2011, 12:29 PM) *
I voted for Pacquiao by wide decision. I don't think it will be exactly a beating, but Manny will be more dominate and break Juan down better than in the previous two fights. I expect scores of 117-111 and 116-112 (twice.)

Jack

Agreed. I expect Marquez to give Pacquiao a lot of issues but I also see Marquez going into defensive mode by the mid to late rounds so I expect maybe a 8-4 round margin in favor of Pac.
Jack 1000
I thought Manny took the first fight by a couple points, and that Juan took the rematch by a couple points, so this is a good trilogy. And Manny would have won the first fight if judge Burt Clements had properly scored the first round with three knockdowns as a 10-6 round, instead of 10-7.

Agree that Marquez will have to be careful early.

Jack
Cshel86
I forgot to add the biggest factor of the fight...will JMM's face hold up down the stretch of the fight. Dude has crazy scar tissue from past fights, and Im almost curious as to know how he will keep his face out of harm's way.

Its evident that he's gonna get hit with some of those left hands all night, but as long as he's on balance and doesn't catch too many lefts straight down the pipe, then he may be able to finish the fight on his feet, or at least have a fair chance on the score cards this time because of it. By the way, I have Pac winning by close decision if JMM has his ducks in a row.
mgrover
i hope that corner have the towel ready, id hate to see a guy like marquez take a beating for being too damn proud
Vaughn831
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 19 2011, 12:25 PM) *
We have the trilogy coming up, and while the conventional wisdom is that Pacquiao will win pretty easily, the first two fights were so two-sided that they have left 50/50 debates as to who won to this day. Is this the fight where Pacquiao finally dominates his rival. Or is Juan always going to be to Manny what Norton was to Ali any time they fight? Vote and comment, Now!

Jack

Administrator

PS. ANY USERS WHO WANT TO TALK ABOUT MAYWEATHER-PACQUIAO, SHOULD DO IT IN THE MAYWEATHER-PACQUIAO PIN-UP THREAD ONLY! THIS THREAD IS ONLY FOR PACQUIAO-MARQUEZ DISCUSSION. PLEASE RESPECT THIS REQUEST, THANK YOU.

I think if Marquez fights a strategic fight, something like the way Mosley did against Pac by turning him and stepping to his right he could possibly win a decision, or make it an even closer fight. But if he (Marquez) tries to show his balls and brawl, he will be KO'd.........Manny is faster and stronger at this weight. But even if Manny wins, I won't give him the proper respect just because of the catchweight. How many Catch weights have Manny been in..... DAMN
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Vaughn831 @ Oct 19 2011, 03:17 PM) *
I think if Marquez fights a strategic fight, something like the way Mosley did against Pac by turning him and stepping to his right he could possibly win a decision, or make it an even closer fight. But if he (Marquez) tries to show his balls and brawl, he will be KO'd.........Manny is faster and stronger at this weight. But even if Manny wins, I won't give him the proper respect just because of the catchweight. How many Catch weights have Manny been in..... DAMN

Exactly!

The weight-classes with catchweights are just as confusing nowadays as the multiple belts in the same division.

It's not just Manny. It seems every big name fighter gets the option to fight at catchweights and make contractual stipulations about what the poundage should be. I hope Manny does not have too big of a weight advantage over Marquez.

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 19 2011, 11:46 PM) *
Exactly!

The weight-classes with catchweights are just as confusing nowadays as the multiple belts in the same division.

It's not just Manny. It seems every big name fighter gets the option to fight at catchweights and make contractual stipulations about what the poundage should be. I hope Manny does not have too big of a weight advantage over Marquez.

Jack

I hope not either, but at the same time, I dont every Manny rehydrating to anyting over 148.5 lbs, so hopefully that tells the story in this fight. Marquez should've had his ass in the 140 lb division a long time ago (at least after the Diaz rematch), even if he was fighting lower level opposition...just to get his body used to the weight. Like I stated earlier, Pac has always been naturally bigger than JMM, but JMM has always fought Pac at comfortable weight.

I cant be too upset though, its not like Marquez didn't sign for the fight, so he knew what he was up against. So let's see how the weight effects him this time around and let's also see how long his face will hold up.
JONdaCON817
i chose Manny by Wide Dec... and possibly KO... he'll have to get Marquez out early if he wants that KO... otherwise i think Marquez piccs himself up off the canvas and gives Manny a handful of close rounds, which he'll(Marquez) lose anyway... Pac by Wide Dec...
Cshel86
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Oct 20 2011, 11:59 AM) *
i chose Manny by Wide Dec... and possibly KO... he'll have to get Marquez out early if he wants that KO... otherwise i think Marquez piccs himself up off the canvas and gives Manny a handful of close rounds, which he'll(Marquez) lose anyway... Pac by Wide Dec...

Cant argue with this one dntknw.gif

I see it somewhat going the way the 2nd fight went...
streetlion1
I voted Pacquaio via KO....I just dont think JMM can be effective at this higher weight. You can see the slight slide in him at his natural weight so he is gonna get beat up in this fight. I do hope I am wrong though!!
Cshel86
I just want it to last more than 4 rounds...maybe 6 to 8 at the most. The last two PPVS averaged 3 rounds...lets just pray that another travesty doesn't decide to happen on Nov. 12th.
wolterb
i'm goin out on a limb and giving the edge to marquez. im thinkin pacquiao is gonna come out swingin and try and knock the block off immediately, and like everyone says, pac's technique has improved; but, his ability to swing for the fences and land combos has diminished - thats the one thing that put a wrench in juans gears the past 2 fights. marquez is gonna box him to the decision and win on points if pacquiao can't get him down
The Original MrFactor
Pacquiao by KO... EPO is a helluva drug.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 20 2011, 11:18 AM) *
Cant argue with this one dntknw.gif

I see it somewhat going the way the 2nd fight went...

yea exactly...
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Oct 20 2011, 02:04 PM) *
Pacquiao by KO... EPO is a helluva drug.

haha... EPO mixed with Cocaine...
mgrover
if manny comes in at 142 and marquez at 140 it should be a good fight
Jack 1000
QUOTE (wolterb @ Oct 20 2011, 01:32 PM) *
i'm goin out on a limb and giving the edge to marquez. im thinkin pacquiao is gonna come out swingin and try and knock the block off immediately, and like everyone says, pac's technique has improved; but, his ability to swing for the fences and land combos has diminished - thats the one thing that put a wrench in juans gears the past 2 fights. marquez is gonna box him to the decision and win on points if pacquiao can't get him down

I have concerns about Marquez's face swelling up and busting up. Can his aging skin take Manny's onslaught? If it can, this could be an interesting fight. If it can't, Manny could be the first to stop Juan on a late TKO due to cuts. Still like Manny by comfortable UD.

Jack
wolterb
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 20 2011, 08:58 PM) *
I have concerns about Marquez's face swelling up and busting up. Can his aging skin take Manny's onslaught? If it can, this could be an interesting fight. If it can't, Manny could be the first to stop Juan on a late TKO due to cuts. Still like Manny by comfortable UD.

Jack

yeah thats fair thats fair. my prediction is based on the notion that pacquiao's age and wear will be just as much a factor as marquez's. but it is a definite possibility marquez's eyebrow could eat a punch and start swining in the breeze. as much crap as we can talk about the timing of this fight (a few years off of the ideal date), i do think it is intriguing and probably will be entertaining.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 20 2011, 05:56 PM) *
if manny comes in at 142 and marquez at 140 it should be a good fight

Thats a good point! Marquez doesn't necessarily have to come in at 144, though he signed for it. Im sure that Manny is gonna come in under the weight limit, he always does.
The Original MrFactor
When Manny KO's Marquez and wins fairly easily, Marquez will join the chorus that Manny is on something.
Cshel86
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Oct 27 2011, 01:18 AM) *
When Manny KO's Marquez and wins fairly easily, Marquez will join the chorus that Manny is on something.

I would only hope he doesn't sing that tune, but I guess we'll see after the fight. Hell, as long as JMM continues to fight on, that would be enough for me. He still has a few good fights left in him, but after that, he should hang 'em up...Im sure that scar tissue is bad by now because his face holds up less and less in every fight he's in.
Antonio Tarver
Pacquiao will do what Mayweather and no man has been able to do, and that is stop Marquez is brutal fashion.
Jack 1000
I think the thing is Manny has not shown signs of slipping, but Juan has. Marquez might come out swinging, and that could prove his undoing. He needs to box and move. Do the things that gave Manny problems in the first two fights. Does Marquez have enough left to be to Manny, what Norton was to Ali, an opponent that no matter what, he just is always going to have microscopically close fights against?

Jack
The Original MrFactor
Interesting on the 2nd 24/7, the Little Irish sparring partner said something was different about Pacquiao today, his "focus" was greater. I think he got a shot of EPO in the ass that morning. He destroys Marquez and the PED talk becomes more intense. Take the tests!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Oct 31 2011, 01:57 PM) *
Interesting on the 2nd 24/7, the Little Irish sparring partner said something was different about Pacquiao today, his "focus" was greater. I think he got a shot of EPO in the ass that morning. He destroys Marquez and the PED talk becomes more intense. Take the tests!!!

Yeah that was quiet interesting, but the more intersting part was that, of all the sparring partners, he got his ass handed to him the worst. The first two sparring partners held their own, but the little Irish guy had no chance in hell. I mean damn, Pacquiao gave it to this dude like mail on Sunday laugh.gif

Sidenote: I have several fights downloaded on my network drive, and JMM/Pac I & II are on there as well. I happened to be flipping through the channels and stumbled upon the replays of both fights on HBO. I actually thought that JMM did better in the first fight with all of the knockdowns, than he did in the rematch! It was more drama in the first bout because me and Im sure the rest of the world was wondering what the hell we were actually witnessing. Ray Torres's frantic voice during the interpretations made it all the better! "Did he hurt you? Did he hurt you Juan? Hahahaha!!!

Too bad this upcoming fight is a freakin' physical mismatch, though Pac has always outweighed JMM. I cant really remember the unoffical weights of the first fight, but I know he outweighed him big time in the rematch.
caneman
I picked Pac by KO. I think the weight the fight is @ and the age of JMM along with Pac's improvement will be too much. I will say this though, JMM looks huge, he looked soft vs FMJ compared to now. Maybe he thought if you can't beat him join him and decided to do some low dose HGH! LOLZ dntknw.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 8 2011, 09:54 AM) *
I picked Pac by KO. I think the weight the fight is @ and the age of JMM along with Pac's improvement will be too much. I will say this though, JMM looks huge, he looked soft vs FMJ compared to now. Maybe he thought if you can't beat him join him and decided to do some low dose HGH! LOLZ dntknw.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I wouldn't rule it out! Marquez was walking around looking like an action figure and shit!
wolterb
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 8 2011, 10:04 AM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I wouldn't rule it out! Marquez was walking around looking like an action figure and shit!

lol...it seems that was the implication in one of the front page articles.
if that is the case (i don't think it is) i would have loved to hear that discussion happen

Cshel86
QUOTE (wolterb @ Nov 8 2011, 10:43 AM) *
lol...it seems that was the implication in one of the front page articles.
if that is the case (i don't think it is) i would have loved to hear that discussion happen

Oh shit Wolterb, where tha hell ya been man? laugh.gif We started to touch on that subject in the JMM/Pacquiao 24/7 thread, but its been little activity about it in the thread.
streetlion1
I think Pacman is gonna blow Marquez out and stop him inside of 5 rounds...would love to see a war though. Hopefully Marquez proves everyone wrong.
sduck
To be honest, I'm having mixed feelings about this. I see this fight going two ways (if it isn't another bullshit fight). Either Marquez once again gives Pacquiao a hell of a fight, possibly one upping him once again, but losing a controversial decision, or Pacquiao mops the floor with Marquez this time around either by KO/TKO or wide decision.

Marquez is looking pretty good in training on 24/7. Even has a new strength and conditioning coach. But I've learned multiple times you can't buy into hype whatsoever, and just simply outweigh the pros, cons, and styles of the bought. Marquez has the style, skill, and determination to beat Manny, but can he win at this weight, at this age in his career? That's why I'm looking forward to this fight more than any fight right now.
Cshel86
*Is anybody watching the weigh-in on HBO? Fuck it, they will air it again tomorrow. I had a jacked up link form U-Stream, so missed the other fighter's weigh-in. Guess I will just check out the pics on Boxing Scene.

JMM - 142 lbs Good for him!

Pacquiao - 143 lbs Go figure...

They both looked great...nobody looked hurt, so I guess thats a good sign. Guess we wont have to worry about super rehydrating overnight. They both need haircuts though laugh.gif Pac looks like a catfish with the beard, but its cool.
PR316
Pacquiao will stop him within 6 I'm thinking this time. He'll be super motivated with all the talking Marquez has done and Marquez won' pull a Mosley and jus try to survive. He'll fight to the end. Problem is that he's slower now than then and I don't think the extra weight will helph im at all.

Sunni6Killer
Pacquiao in 5.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Nov 8 2011, 08:29 PM) *
I think Pacman is gonna blow Marquez out and stop him inside of 5 rounds...would love to see a war though. Hopefully Marquez proves everyone wrong.

Anything beyond this would simply mean Marquez is just showing all heart while taking a beating and a white towel will soon find its way to the ring.
wolterb
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 8 2011, 11:27 AM) *
Oh shit Wolterb, where tha hell ya been man? laugh.gif We started to touch on that subject in the JMM/Pacquiao 24/7 thread, but its been little activity about it in the thread.

haha, super busy. super busy.
ready to see how things play out tonight - specially now that marquez has tailor made vitamins lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (wolterb @ Nov 12 2011, 06:34 PM) *
haha, super busy. super busy.
ready to see how things play out tonight - specially now that marquez has tailor made vitamins lol

Hahaha!!! He did himslef a favor by weighing in at 142, but I guess that the fight will be on an even playing field...since we are talking about "tailor made vitamins" laugh.gif
wolterb
lol all custom!

if i had more free time and a greater savings i'd scoop up a camera and go make a documentary on Heredia. what a character.
Cshel86
QUOTE (wolterb @ Nov 12 2011, 06:45 PM) *
lol all custom!

if i had more free time and a greater savings i'd scoop up a camera and go make a documentary on Heredia. what a character.

Tell me about it! Those documents pulled up on the front page in a nutshell is him fucking himself by admitting that shit and trying to show how smart he was. Funny how stuff like that comes back to bite you in the ass, lol.
K18
Picked Pacquiao by wide decision, to me it doesn't matter if fight is close, no way does Marquez carry the torch at 38 years of age for Top Rank(I initially was thinking Pac by TKO in 3)...oh well
BoxingEinstein

SMH @ this fight. I would have loved to see Pacman unify with his fellow welterweight belt holders instead of taking on a man who deserved a rematch way earlier than now. Pacman needs to leave Top Rank and pay Freddie Roach to shut the fuck up that man talks too much and sometimes gets ahead of himself. Nothing wrong with being a nice guy but in this day and age people will quickly take advantage of your kindness with you not even knowing it. Pacman TKO/KO within 5 rounds
sduck
I was one of the 3 that voted Pacquaio by close decision LOL. I called this fight months ago. 12 rounds. Pacquiao will win obviously, but Marquez knows how to fight Pacquiao and will give him a fight. I admit the weight was scaring me a bit, but looks like I was right once again.
Hops
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 12 2011, 11:38 PM) *
Hahaha!!! He did himslef a favor by weighing in at 142, but I guess that the fight will be on an even playing field...since we are talking about "tailor made vitamins" laugh.gif

So the PEDs really worked. I have JMM winning. Impossible. Without PEDs.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hops @ Nov 13 2011, 02:09 AM) *
So the PEDs really worked. I have JMM winning. Impossible. Without PEDs.

He stuck to his game plan and didn't get his ass knocked down. Maybe they did work, or maybe he just that damn careful this time around.
xxxxxx
Just read that Arum is going to try and make MARQUEZ-pac 4 in May or so.LOL What's the point? All were gonna see is another SD or MD for Pacman. Or maybe if Marquez beats him 10-2 they may be forced to call it a draw.
Hops
If JMM can knock Diaz and Casamayor out then he could knock Pacquiao out, too. Pac isnt really that much bigger. But he has to get it in his brain that judges don't like his supercounterpunching safety first style. He will always lose to Pacquiao if he always let Pacquiao come to him.

In their rematch, Pacquiao was on the verge of getting knocked out. Round 8. Bleeding from cut and hurting from body shots.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.