Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10:30PM(ET)/7:30(PT):Donaire vs. Narvaez-SPOILERS 30 Mins Later
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
kidbazooka1
Admin Note: Start time is estimated to be 30 minutes later because of the Hopkins-Dawson fight being shown first. My traditional opening post had a merging problem. This thread can also be a preview thread as well. Thanks.

Jack

Administrator

Haven't been hearing alot of talk about the Nonito Donaire fight tonight.

Narvaez is a tough customer undefeated and has held a title for a while now. I see him giving Nonito trouble for the first few rds but once Nonito figures him out he'll stop him brutally.

Donaire by vicious KO within 5.
PalookaJoe
Nonito is my favorite current fighter, and I expect him to handle his business tonight. I have a few small worries though, specifically about his weight. Reports are that he looked gaunt and drained at the weigh in, but that his people say he'll be fine and rehydrated on fight night.

Secondly is there's always a chance to overlook someone. That was clearly in evident with Sergio Martinez, another of my faves, against Barker.

As long as those two things aren't in effect, I think he'll have a cake walk of a fight as he should.
Jack 1000
I got Donaire in 6 by KO with a surprise early.

Jack
Cshel86
Bob Papa? Wow...Im disgusted, lol. Why open the show by revisiting this travesty? Could've done this at the end, but gladly its only 2 rounds. Wasn't Mikey Garcia supposed to fight on this undercard? I may have it confused with a future fight dntknw.gif
and the NEW
Does anybody have a link to a live feed for this fight? I'm just on my laptop and not near anywhere showing the fight.....

Thanks!
caneman
QUOTE (and the NEW @ Oct 22 2011, 10:01 PM) *
Does anybody have a link to a live feed for this fight? I'm just on my laptop and not near anywhere showing the fight.....

Thanks!

Check your PM for link!

Donaire KO in 5 rounds!
zucrates
First round ok we should have a good fight threaten.gif
Cheesey1
[quote name='kidbazooka1' date='Oct 22 2011, 04:07 PM' post='542837']
Admin Note: Start time is estimated to be 30 minutes later because of the Hopkins-Dawson fight being shown first. My traditional opening post had a merging problem. This thread can also be a preview thread as well. Thanks.

Jack

Administrator

Haven't been hearing alot of talk about the Nonito Donaire fight tonight.

Narvaez is a tough customer undefeated and has held a title for a while now. I see him giving Nonito trouble for the first few rds but once Nonito figures him out he'll stop him brutally.

Donaire by vicious KO within 5.
[/quote/] Didn't see what they weighed today, but Donaire's size advantage, should be just that, an advantage. So I guess then a K.O is possible, but I don't know enough about the other guy to make that prediction.
Cshel86
This little old man is hanging in there...I'll give him 2 more rounds, lol. RJJ can get Donaire's scrotum out of his mouth though, lol. He "PISSED" Donaire off! Lmao!
KookedKrack
I have him down both rounds going into the 3rd. I am loving the subtle movements Omar does with his defense he has boxed very well and is keeping Donaire from getting into his rhythm.
Cshel86
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Oct 22 2011, 11:48 PM) *
I have him down both rounds going into the 3rd. I am loving the subtle movements Omar does with his defense he has boxed very well and is keeping Donaire from getting into his rhythm.

Thank you! Leave it to Shrek Lederman to have it 3 rounds to nothing, smh.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 22 2011, 11:47 PM) *
This little old man is hanging in there...I'll give him 2 more rounds, lol. RJJ can get Donaire's scrotum out of his mouth though, lol. He "PISSED" Donaire off! Lmao!

Yeah it seems Roy is taking up Lampley's job of dickriding while he is off.........I think once Donaire does get into his rhythm he is getting him out of there.
Cshel86
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Oct 22 2011, 11:50 PM) *
Yeah it seems Roy is taking up Lampley's job of dickriding while he is off.........I think once Donaire does get into his rhythm he is getting him out of there.

Yeah tell me about it! I have it 2-2. I like the little man's poker face, even when he gets hit good. RJJ is too excited about Donaire, and can barely get his words out.
Cshel86
Wow, Shrek Lederman has it a shutout at 6 rounds to nothing. Really? I have it 4-2 for Donaire.
Cshel86
Damn Lopez was fat as hell! WTF? Dude needs to move in weight to fight, he gets waaay too fat between fights. Donaire's landing, but the smurf is still defending. This 8th round is definitely Donaire's, but the smurf aint goin' out without a fight...though he's not throwing shit right now.
zucrates
Narvaez has good Defense but Donaire to much through 8 but Navaez still going needs to open up more. aggressive.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (zucrates @ Oct 23 2011, 12:08 AM) *
Narvaez has good Defense but Donaire to much through 8 but Navaez still going needs to open up more. aggressive.gif

Reminds me of the Martinez/Barker fight dntknw.gif
Cshel86
"He's a fag!" Wow! Cant believe Olaya repeated that, and I also cant believe this shit is going into the 12th round, smh.

UPDATE: This bout wont stay on the DVR very long...as a matter of fact, I may erase it in a few minutes.
AlynK
Naverez was too afraid. He had good defense to try to get Donaire frustrated but what's the point of technique if you don't stay active? He was afraid of getting caught, he was too afraid to change it up and ended up losing anyway.
and the NEW
Narvaez was basically a little Winky Wright in there! The fact Donaire won every round says something special. Not his normal explosive performance, but no doubt to win every round against a champion like Narvaez is something else.
kidbazooka1
Narvaez didn't come to fight had he came to fight he would have gotten stopped within 5 but hey thats boxing.

Donaire did what he had to do to win and should move up like planned cuz no one at 118 can touch him.
sduck
Hated the crowd... I think Narvaez was trying to fight, being at a total disadvantage he was scared to engage and go on the complete offensive.
PalookaJoe
Narvaez essentially pulled a Clottey tonight. Frustrating to watch, and had to be frustrating as shit for Donaire. You could see his being irritated and just kept jumping in swinging wildly hoping to connect with something, since dude wasn't going to engage much.
HazConvictedFelonMane
I can't blame Donaire for the fight being a dud. It was boring as hell. I won't give Donaire any static for not producing, but I'd have to take a couple of points away for the choice of opponent. I know people say it's his promoter's call but damn. The fighter is the one going to get hammered for being involved in a boring fight. I saw JuanMa sizing Donaire up. I'd like to see that fight and I hope Bob Arum doesn't stall that one until it fizzles out. If Donaire's moving up to 122, why not fight him straight away? Donaire is a goos fighter so there is no need to put him in the ring with stiffs that are not coming to fight. He will only take a lashing in the wake of it. We'd say that he's too good to be in the ring with cupcakes. Once I saw JuanMa Lopez in the crowd, my first thought was that Donaire would knock him out cold. On another note, I watched the replay of Hopkins-Dawson and I must say that Harold Lederman and Jim Lampley's fight for the microphone was more entertaining.
Cshel86
Im just wondering how Donaire is gonna catch up with Gamboa and Lopez (weight wise). Its obvious that Gamboa's moving up to 130 and Juanma's fat ass is long overdue for a move up in weight. So Donaire has to test himself at 122 and 126, just to possibly prepare himself for a big fight at 130 against two guys that aren't chumps. Im not saying it's impossible, but Im wondering how long it will take him to get adjusted to that weight and fight effectively.
EAlbian
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 23 2011, 12:25 PM) *
Im just wondering how Donaire is gonna catch up with Gamboa and Lopez (weight wise). Its obvious that Gamboa's moving up to 130 and Juanma's fat ass is long overdue for a move up in weight. So Donaire has to test himself at 122 and 126, just to possibly prepare himself for a big fight at 130 against two guys that aren't chumps. Im not saying it's impossible, but Im wondering how long it will take him to get adjusted to that weight and fight effectively.

Donaire looked soft to me and he was definitely feeling the weight loss in this one. Navarez is much better than I gave him credit for. I think Montiel vs Navarez is a very good fight and he tests any guy at 118.

Donaire would be wise to take the Nishioka fight and then look for Salado or Gonzalez on his way to Lopez and then Gamboa. By that time they are close to the 135 mark and then maybe a Rios fight for the winner. This is around the 140 territory and probably around the weight where Donaire/Gamboa end their careers. To me this is the path Arum takes. Obviously if Pac is still around whoever withstands is the likely heir. This is all in house and If I'm playing Arum this is the way i draw things out. Now this is completely a speculation and in boxing its hard to plan that far ahead but these are Arums blue chippers and I would expect Arum to have their best interest first. Lopez is damaged from the Salado KO but carries a huge fan base, a win over Donaire or Gamboa puts him back in the drivers seat. Donaire is a talent but is dispensable(I have to imagine Arum harbors ill feelings for his disloyalty) so its easy to match him tough. Like he did with an early Pac, if he's the goods he'll rise(however he lacks that fire that comes along with a Pac fight so a loss is crucial imo). Gamboa has the flash and excitement, if Donaire can make it through to this fight i think we have something special. Rios remains somewhere around here and if he is still at the forefront of a division we have a pretty big fight. If all this plays out we would be midway through 2013. Pac would have fought Marquez, then Bradley, and hopefully Mayweather. The likely next opponent win or lose would be Rios and would put us somewhere around mid/end of 2013. this is the way i see it and imo it comes down to Donaire or Gamboa and puts them in position to take the reigns. Obviously this plan is from how I would manage things if I were Bob Arum in respect to Donaires career. I don't know if he wins all these fights or if things play out this way but this seems like it would make the most financial and business sense to me
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.