Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquiao/Marquez III Official 24/7 Thread (Topics Merged)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86

Please be sure to post ALL comments regarding the Pacquiao/Marquez 24/7 Series in this thread.
HazConvictedFelonMane
I'm going to be the public menace here. I'm going as hard as the pactards go at hating on my boy Floyd. I got the hawk eye on everything this guy says looking for the slighest out of place thing I see. Now I'm going to be nitpicking. Hey, someone has to do it. I don't mind it being me. People don't like me anyway so I'll give them another reason to talk shit. Let's get it.
leonthegee
Yawn
Cshel86
Dang, anytime Pac doesn't do well in a fight he blames it on his legs cramping up (first Morales fight, both Marquez fights, and of course the Mosley fight, but we can associate that with the fender bender before the fight). This 24/7 actually makes you like Manny more, he gets more time to talk, and its a bit less mouth from Roach and Ariza...a bit less, lol.
HazConvictedFelonMane
I watched the 24/7. I have nothing negative to say about it. I do, however, have an opinion on the ring life episode. Freddie Roach said something to the effect of dominating so many weight classes. Manny bursted on the P4P scene (for real) in 2008. Since then, he has fought at 135, 140, 147, and 154. He only had one fight in each of those divisions, except for 147. By the way it's portrayed in the ring life episode, he's dominated these different divisions. I don't understand how it can be said that he's dominated, when he's only fought one fighter out of the whole division. He didn't stick around long enough to face another fighter at 135 or 140. In my opinion, the fight at 154, by way of 150, doesn't even count to me. But since it's counted, then it counts. My issue is that the casual boxing fan who began to follow boxing around 2007, until the present day, may not know the whole truth behind the numbers. For new fans who've just began following boxing, what's said in that episode of ring life, is the gospel. The problem with that is it's misleading. It gives the impression that Manny destroyed the best fighters at 135 and 140, when all he really did was have his opponents carefully mapped out. He took his victory and left the division never to return. Roach also stated that there aren't many more challenges out there besides Mayweather. That's not true. There are a slew of of younger fighters that are out there who will be willing to rise to the task. The question is, will Manny's team advise him against taking fights with certain fighters. Robert Guerrero beat the stuffing out of Mike Katsidis. Guerrero beat Katsidis in a more dominant fashion that Juan Manuel Marquez did. He'd be willing to move up, take a cathcweight, and fight Manny Pacquiao. Freddie Roach knows who Robert Guerrero is. I bet he has that fighter on Manny's blacklist. He will give Manny problems and bounce punches off of his skull. Would he win? I doubt it. Would he come to fight? You bet he would. So, in essence, I just wanted to highlight what stuck out to me. It's purely my opinion. Most of it is based on facts, and I don't feel like I'm hating. I just think that the media does it's best to make Manny look like the shining example of boxing's best, when there are way more things that he could be doing to get that kind of recognition. I'd certainly give it to him without hesitation.
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 22 2011, 10:35 PM) *
Dang, anytime Pac doesn't do well in a fight he blames it on his legs cramping up (first Morales fight, both Marquez fights, and of course the Mosley fight, but we can associate that with the fender bender before the fight). This 24/7 actually makes you like Manny more, he gets more time to talk, and its a bit less mouth from Roach and Ariza...a bit less, lol.

Funny, Donaire said the same thing last night. His legs were cramping up so it's time to move up to 122. Sheesh, is that a pinoy thing?
Hops
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Oct 23 2011, 03:50 PM) *
Funny, Donaire said the same thing last night. His legs were cramping up so it's time to move up to 122. Sheesh, is that a pinoy thing?

Another one of those symptoms of juice. He works with Conte, remember?
Cshel86
Lol, I wouldn't go as far as saying its a Pinoy thing...I cant even bring myself to think that. Im just wondering how Donaire is gonna catch up with Gamboa and Lopez (weight wise). Its obvious that Gamboa's moving up to 130 and Juanma's fat ass is long overdue for a move up in weight. So Donaire has to test himself at 122 and 126, just to possibly prepare himself for a big fight at 130 against two guys that aren't chumps.

Im not saying it's impossible, but Im wondering how long it will take him to get adjusted to that weight and fight effectively. Guess I will post this in the Donaire thread as well. Im guessing that with Manny, all of that muscle in his legs may decide to cramp up at the most unexpected times...just my thoughts...
JONdaCON817
Anyone notice around 14:11 it looks like a sign with OST on it and maybe a picture of the flash, almost says RUN FROM OST! Lol.

Also Pac sure did cuss a lot for being a world famous devout Christian. Smh
Cshel86
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Oct 23 2011, 02:41 PM) *
Anyone notice around 14:11 it looks like a sign with OST on it and maybe a picture of the flash, almost says RUN FROM OST! Lol.

Also Pac sure did cuss a lot for being a world famous devout Christian. Smh

Lol! I didnt peep the sign, but the cussing was funny as hell! I like when guys can relax and be normal, instead of allowing the public to live through you and play the ventriloquist for your every move. Man if I was in any of these fighters' shoes, I would act how I wanted to act (with a bit of class when necessary) and tell the media to kiss my ass. As a matter of fact, I would tell them to trade shoes with me and go through all of the bullshit I went through to get to where I am now. Glad Pac was relaxed instead of playing the "public puppet" that most people have ordained him to be, lol.
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (Hops @ Oct 23 2011, 12:22 PM) *
Another one of those symptoms of juice. He works with Conte, remember?

C'mon son. You're just freestylin' right now. I already spoke about Donaire and Conte. I have nothing bad to say about him until he proves otherwise. He's entitled to redeem himself. As long as he's helping the cause, I have no problem with him. If he was taking Pacquiao's approach to drug testing, then I'd be skeptical. He seems to be doing the right thing. I just think that the cramp story is playing out fast. And I hear it from those guys from Gen. San. City. Stop fishing for a fussin'.
Mean Mister Mustard
This was one of the best 24/7's in a while. They held back on the theatrics and focused more on what each guy aims to do coming into the fight. Another bonus was seeing Berinstain being harsh on his fighters lol. But I guess anything was going to be better having seen the Mayweather-Ortiz 24/7 train wreck.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 23 2011, 08:35 PM) *
This was one of the best 24/7's in a while. They held back on the theatrics and focused more on what each guy aims to do coming into the fight. Another bonus was seeing Berinstain being harsh on his fighters lol. But I guess anything was going to be better having seen the Mayweather-Ortiz 24/7 train wreck.

I totally agree with this! The whole feel of the 24/7 just let me know that it was going to be a fight on Nov. 12th! Im sure we all know that FMJ uses 24/7 as his personal show and to help promote a fight that the qualified observer views as a mismatch in his favor. We all know that this is going to be a fight, whether it last the whole 12 rounds or not...so yes, no need for the theatrics on this 24/7.
BlueMercury
PT 1 OF 2

PT 2 OF 2

HazConvictedFelonMane
I can really respect what he's trying to do for his province. I think he's a great person. That's not my beef with Manny Pacquiao. My beef with him isn't on a personal level, it's on a professional level. Boxing is what he's best known for. Boxing is my 1st choice of all sports. The welterweight division is my personal pet within the sport. Manny Pacquiao would be more appreciated by myself if he would've stayed within the ranks of the lower weight classes. Since he's in the division I cherish the most in boxing, then he is subjected to criticism. Especially since he is attached to my favorite welterweight fighter. His dealings outside the ring makes me view him as a great guy. Those feelings do not carry over into his pro career. Where I may have respect for him as a person, I have no respect for him as a fighter. On another note, Nacho the trainer is an old wise wizard of boxing. I like how he works with the youngsters. He really has a gift. They should make him the trainer of the year. I don't think his hard work is recognized enough. I don't think he minds. I think he gets great satisfaction knowing that he's done something for the younger generation.
BigDDatHomey
I refuse to watch the fraud!
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Oct 30 2011, 09:30 PM) *
I refuse to watch the fraud!

You will, trust me.
Cshel86
Topics merged. Thanks for the video BlueMercury, very helpful. I will be sure to add episode one into my initial post.
CrazyBuffalO
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Oct 30 2011, 08:26 PM) *
I can really respect what he's trying to do for his province. I think he's a great person.

24/7 only shows one side of the coin. On the other side (the side that the TV doesn't show about Pacquiao) is that he fathered children outside of marriage. What a way to hurt his wife!

I mean, I can understand guys who break up with their wives and then have new relationships and have new kids. But when you're currently married (meaning not break up) to one woman, and have children at the same time with other women, then that tells something not right.

Hey Mr. Politician, you don't have to serve your country, just try to be a good and faithful husband to your wife!
Cshel86
QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Nov 1 2011, 12:31 PM) *
24/7 only shows one side of the coin. On the other side (the side that the TV doesn't show about Pacquiao) is that he fathered children outside of marriage. What a way to hurt his wife!

I mean, I can understand guys who break up with their wives and then have new relationships and have new kids. But when you're currently married (meaning not break up) to one woman, and have children at the same time with other women, then that tells something not right.

Hey Mr. Politician, you don't have to serve your country, just try to be a good and faithful husband to your wife!

Dang Buffalo! You must have some rank over there in the Phillipines, lol. I couldn't picture too many people over there walking around talking bad about Pacquiao without getting there clock cleaned or losing a limb...I've heard that he's a big deal over here dntknw.gif
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 23 2011, 07:35 PM) *

The two personalities are different. Pac isn't that boisterous, his army of hype men do that for him. JMM is a boxing gym rat plus I do not think Mr. Gator shoes Nacho would allow JMM to smell his own sweat. These two honestly have a dislike for each other. With Ortiz and May 24/7 the world was being introduced to Victor Ortiz so the show had to pump him up as much as possible. I think their 24/7 focused too much on the outside stuff rather than the training. The Mosely and May 24/7 was so much better. Plus the blow up between Sr. and Jr. was sickening to watch and very anti climatic for the show.

This 24/7 focuses strickly on the training which it should. By the way, does Manny really need an entire army of people to run with him. It seems he does not get a lot of alone time. Oh well. I am going for JMM, I like the guy, I really do.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 1 2011, 04:36 PM) *
The two personalities are different. Pac isn't that boisterous, his army of hype men do that for him. JMM is a boxing gym rat plus I do not think Mr. Gator shoes Nacho would allow JMM to smell his own sweat. These two honestly have a dislike for each other. With Ortiz and May 24/7 the world was being introduced to Victor Ortiz so the show had to pump him up as much as possible. I think their 24/7 focused too much on the outside stuff rather than the training. The Mosely and May 24/7 was so much better. Plus the blow up between Sr. and Jr. was sickening to watch and very anti climatic for the show.

This 24/7 focuses strickly on the training which it should. By the way, does Manny really need an entire army of people to run with him. It seems he does not get a lot of alone time. Oh well. I am going for JMM, I like the guy, I really do.

I really dont believe they have a dislike for each other (though I could be wrong), but I believe this rubber match is a thorn in both of their sides, as stated by JMM. Im sure Manny didn't care to do the rubber match but he is doing it clear the air and prove that he really won, and likewise for JMM, though his case isn't as strong as Pacquiao's to the unqualified observers.

24/7 is supposed to show their outside lives as well, thats what draws viewers to the show and the fighter. Some guys show all parts of their training camp, and some guys only show small portions to the public and more of their personal life instead. For example, FMJ only shows padwork, sit-ups, jump roping, running, pull-ups, body work and the heavy & speed bag stuff...seems like a lot. He doesn't show sparring (of course) and Roger viewing the opponent's tape and possibly going over the stuff with Floyd (if thats ever necessary).

He makes his camp look easy, though he may work 10x as hard...so we see more of his personal life being shown. Then, we all see his opponent's portion of the show where they are flipping tires and ropes, using sledge hammers, getting towels flicked at them, watching tapes, sparring, drinking urine, etc...and it makes them look like are working TOO hard, then they get outclassed by him on fight night...weird aint it? Smart as hell though! This 24/7 is interesting and more enjoyable...seems like Pac is more loose this time around.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 1 2011, 08:37 PM) *
I really dont believe they have a dislike for each other (though I could be wrong), but I believe this rubber match is a thorn in both of their sides, as stated by JMM. Im sure Manny didn't care to do the rubber match but he is doing it clear the air and prove that he really won, and likewise for JMM, though his case isn't as strong as Pacquiao's to the unqualified observers.

24/7 is supposed to show their outside lives as well, thats what draws viewers to the show and the fighter. Some guys show all parts of their training camp, and some guys only show small portions to the public and more of their personal life instead. For example, FMJ only shows padwork, sit-ups, jump roping, running, pull-ups, body work and the heavy & speed bag stuff...seems like a lot. He doesn't show sparring (of course) and Roger viewing the opponent's tape and possibly going over the stuff with Floyd (if thats ever necessary).

He makes his camp look easy, though he may work 10x as hard...so we see more of his personal life being shown. Then, we all see his opponent's portion of the show where they are flipping tires and ropes, using sledge hammers, getting towels flicked at them, watching tapes, sparring, drinking urine, etc...and it makes them look like are working TOO hard, then they get outclassed by him on fight night...weird aint it? Smart as hell though! This 24/7 is interesting and more enjoyable...seems like Pac is more loose this time around.

Right. You just like to disagree with me Zatoichi. Interesting enough I like looking at their training versus their personal lives. That is just me. I did learn something in the first 24/7, they actually have sushi in Mexico. That was a surprise.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 1 2011, 10:06 PM) *
Right. You just like to disagree with me Zatoichi. Interesting enough I like looking at their training versus their personal lives. That is just me. I did learn something in the first 24/7, they actually have sushi in Mexico. That was a surprise.

laugh.gif I dont like to disagree with anyone, especially if I see that their feelings are all into the discussion...it never works out well from that point. Gladly, you're not like that...so I DISAGREE with you! laugh.gif Nah really, as far as the training...I found it funny how all of a sudden, Marquez was walking around with no shirt on, built up like an action figure.

Im not sure I've seen him in that good of shape, but I may have to go back and compare. Working with that coach who's dealt with steroids and JMM looking built, goes together all too well, but since nobody's making a fuss about it...I cant knock it. I hope he doesn't bulk up too much, because as we all know, too much muscle requires more oxygen, which leads to fatigue, so hopefully he wont gas out.
Cshel86
Not a bad episode tonight...think Im just ready for the fight at this point.
DubC
I just watched episode 3 (this time I was sober)...I was wondering if anyone else noticed JMM limping on his right leg a bit? It was pretty noticeable when he was walking in\out of the HyperBaric Chamber...I know he was probably exhausted from training walking in, but he had it walking out also...The HBC fills the body with oxygen and helps recovery, I thought he would walk out with a little more pep in his step but he seemed to still be favoring that right leg a bit...I may be out of my mind (which is very likely) but I was curious on others thoughts on this...I will watch again tomorrow to see if I can notice it in other parts of the episode, but the HBC stood out to me...

Also want to note that I think I remember Ben saying (don't remember the thread) he had heard some "rumors" about a possible injury...Wondering what his thoughts are on this?

Have at it!
leonthegee
Yawn
Hops
Fuck Pacquiao!!! He's cherrypicking on an injured opponent. He's a shame to boxing.
wolterb
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 3 2011, 11:05 AM) *
laugh.gif I dont like to disagree with anyone, especially if I see that their feelings are all into the discussion...it never works out well from that point. Gladly, you're not like that...so I DISAGREE with you! laugh.gif Nah really, as far as the training...I found it funny how all of a sudden, Marquez was walking around with no shirt on, built up like an action figure.

Im not sure I've seen him in that good of shape, but I may have to go back and compare. Working with that coach who's dealt with steroids and JMM looking built, goes together all too well, but since nobody's making a fuss about it...I cant knock it. I hope he doesn't bulk up too much, because as we all know, too much muscle requires more oxygen, which leads to fatigue, so hopefully he wont gas out.

thats why hes got that hyperbolic oxy chamber dude! lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.