Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquiao vs Ray Robinson @ 146
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
gonefishing
Who do you think wins this fight between 2 all time greats in a 15 round fight?

I think these 2 would need several fights to settle the differences. Pacquiao I think has faster hands and is a little more awkward, but Sugar Ray has great defense and good hands as well. But Pacquiao is just to energetic and awkward, he will outwork and outland Robison late in the fight. Don't forget that a 15 round fight probably favours teh Pacquiao as well. Because remember when Robinson gassed and retire on his stool against Maxim? We have never seen Pacquiao gas and retire, he finishes fights strong and will come on and win the championship rounds (13,14 and 15). Robinson has a better chance in a 12 round fight, I think. But make no mistake, Pacquiao will have to look out for Robinson's left hook, the best in the business and can end the fight at any moment.
Plah
I think this thread is in the same category as the Floyd vs Leija. Pac beating Robinson? Come fucking on!!!
Praximo
If slow ass Jake LLamata can land a punch or two, then Pac can land the left and thats all there is to it.
ViperSniper
There woulld be no need for this fight to be 15 rounds! It woulldn't even go close to the distance! This is like a great white against a golldfish! Robinson woulld get Hatton'd by 146 Manny Pacquaio!

smile.gif
SENTRAL
How on gods earth could Robinson be expected to live with a machine like PAC? This would end horribly for Robinson and a fatality couldn't be ruled out.
Hops
I wouldn't say Pac KOes Robinson but I sure see him winning via UD. People just didnt see Robinson enough to know that he also gets hit a lot by certain fighters. Even some slow ones. That's a bad thing against Pacquiao.
Xception2ThRule
I'll take Pacquiao @146 and Robinson @147.
lloyd mayflower
At this point, Pac is too much for anyone between 135 and 154, in history.
Hops
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 23 2011, 08:52 AM) *
At this point, Pac is too much for anyone between 135 and 154, in history.

Your Pactardism is too much. I think Pacquiao can beat Robinson. But Pac got losses already. C'mon. Don't be a Pactard.
Mafiajoey
Pac wins? WOW and I was hoping this wasn't another Pactard Forum... guess I'm wrong
mgrover
robinson ruins him with body shots. end of
MrChampagne123
I would say Pac wins. because Sugar fits pac style perfectly hardly any Defense and just brawling. I also belive Sweat P embarrasses Pac. style makes fights
caneman
Trolling the trolls is some funny ass shit laugh.gif
sduck
Robinson would win in a very competitive fight by decision or late stoppage. Robinson's style is tailor for Pac, but people forget, or are not aware that Robinson hits harder than Pacquiao and could take punishment better, that dude was just way too tough. And would they be fighting in a 15 round Pacquiao era? Or a 15 round Robinson era?
wolterb
lol pac would get a phd in beatings in this one for sure
gravytrain
i think SRR kills Mayweather but Pac will go the distance.
mrchitown
Robinson by KO. Ain't no way in hell Pacquio beating a fighter of Sugar Ray's caliber. Not even @ a catchweight, which Robinson would never agree to. Robinson would hit Pacquio with a body shot and knock the air out of him. Robinson's style is made for Pacquio but the fact that he hits harder then him and he's quick will lead to his downfall. A prime Robinson would have Pacquio looking up @ the arena lights
JONdaCON817
My fighthype peeps, some or you make me literally Smh.... Robinson wins by brutal KO due to bodyshots. If you've ever see SRR fight were talkin about a guy with good hand speed, excellent footwork and tremendous power in both hands. Yes he was hittable but a lot of the guys he fought he didn't mind trading punches with. He's arguably the GOAT and I feel he woulda been too big for Pac. And he wouldn't have pulled a Sugar Shane. He woulda showed what a real Sugar looked like a went out swinging. But again ide say Robinson by KO in around the 8th.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 23 2011, 12:58 PM) *
Robinson by KO. Ain't no way in hell Pacquio beating a fighter of Sugar Ray's caliber. Not even @ a catchweight, which Robinson would never agree to. Robinson would hit Pacquio with a body shot and knock the air out of him. Robinson's style is made for Pacquio but the fact that he hits harder then him and he's quick will lead to his downfall. A prime Robinson would have Pacquio looking up @ the arena lights

+1
Fitz
Also don't forget that Pacquiao has a better winning record than Robinson.

Robinson:

200 fights (173 wins) = 86.5% winning average

Pacquiao:

58 fights (53 wins) = 91.4% winning average

Enough said.
leonthegee
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 23 2011, 02:15 PM) *

Robinson:

Pacquiao:

Enough said.

Majority of SRR wins are at welter. Majority of Pacs arent. Enough said.
Fitz
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 24 2011, 09:23 AM) *
Majority of SRR wins are at welter. Majority of Pacs arent. Enough said.

Does SRR have a 100% winning record at welter? No

Does Pacquiao have a 100% winning record at welter? Yes

Enough said.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 23 2011, 06:41 PM) *

Enough said.

Actually, more than enough.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 23 2011, 04:15 PM) *

Robinson:

Pacquiao:

Enough said.

Yea and so does Mayweather.

42 fights, 42 wins= 100% winning average.

Doesn't say anything but that Robinson ducced noone. Took on all comers without catchweights or stipulations.
leonthegee
QUOTE (Fitz)
[/video]M' post='542991']

Enough said.

Is Manny fighting the top contenders a ww. No
mrwigi
LOL... LOL... LOL.. u guys need to stop, i swear
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 23 2011, 07:56 PM) *

Cotto- Top 10 when Manny fought him

Joshua Clottey- Top 10 Manny fought him.

Shane Mosley- Top 10 when Manny fought him.

Checkmate.

Fitz
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 24 2011, 10:56 AM) *

Didn't Robinson fight LaMaotta like 6 times, when he won 5? Most of those were in 10 round fights when they were fighting 15 rounds back in those days, lol.

Maybe Pacquiao can pad his record and fight Marquez another 3 times after this (even though Marquez wouldn't have won any). What if Pacquiao fights Marquez in 8 round fights (equivalent to the 10 rounds Robinson was fighting LaMotta in).
Have you seen how many 10 round fights Robinson fought in?

I bet if Pacquiao fought Marquez and other welterweight in 8-10 round fights, and fighting the same guy 6 times when it isn't necessary, he would get crucified.
Mean Mister Mustard
Pacquiao also has a higher knockout ratio against top 10 guys. Seriously, why are we still debating this?
Fitz
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 24 2011, 12:01 PM) *
Pacquiao also has a higher knockout ratio against top 10 guys. Seriously, why are we still debating this?

I suppose these guys will now say that Robinson had 10 rounds in a lot of fights to get his fighter out, while Pacquiao had 12 rounds..........loooooooooooooooool
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 24 2011, 09:41 AM) *

Enough said.

+1 You make sense when you break it down nice & simple like. Others will struggle with the concept But I got it first time. Good on ya mate.

QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Oct 24 2011, 10:46 AM) *
Yea and so does Mayweather.

42 fights, 42 wins= 100% winning average.

Doesn't say anything but that Robinson ducced noone. Took on all comers without catchweights or stipulations.

We are talking about Pac & Robinson here so why don't you just fuck off & read your teen beat.
leonthegee
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 23 2011, 05:29 PM) *

Checkmate.

Mosley and Clottey were both coming off losses. Dlh and Marquez werent even ranked at ww. And Cotto was at a catchweight. So I only give him partial credit.
Fitz
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 24 2011, 10:56 AM) *

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 24 2011, 11:29 AM) *

Checkmate.

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 24 2011, 06:48 PM) *
Mosley and Clottey were both coming off losses. Dlh and Marquez werent even ranked at ww. And Cotto was at a catchweight. So I only give him partial credit.

Moving the goal posts as we go?

You asked if he is fighting the top contenders.

A top contender is the top 10-15 fighters of a division with rankings.

1. Cotto was not only a contender, he was a champion, lolololol.
  2. Clottey was a top contender
  3. Mosley was a top contender

MMM was right.....check mate. Good try sport.

STEVENSKI
He also took on the best at 140 & whipped him like a runaway slave becoming the true champion not a paper chump.

All hail King Manny.
leonthegee
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 24 2011, 01:03 AM) *
Moving the goal posts as we go?

You asked if he is fighting the top contenders.

A top contender is the top 10-15 fighters of a division with rankings.

1. Cotto was not only a contender, he was a champion, lolololol.
  2. Clottey was a top contender
  3. Mosley was a top contender

MMM was right.....check mate. Good try sport.

A top contender is top 3 in your division. Your gonna tell me 15 is a top contender. Your reaching and you know it. Lololol
STEVENSKI
Hey Fitz is that that the fatty boombalata from Precious in your avatar?
Fitz
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 24 2011, 07:19 PM) *
He also took on the best at 140 & whipped him like a runaway slave becoming the true champion not a paper chump.

All hail King Manny.

Very true. Manny fought at 140 and fought the undisputed linear champion and knocked him out in 2 rounds.

Hail.
Fitz
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 24 2011, 07:19 PM) *
A top contender is top 3 in your division. Your gonna tell me 15 is a top contender. Your reaching and you know it. Lololol

The sanctioning bodies usually have top 10 contenders, by definition the top 10 are the top contenders for a world title. Didn't you know that?

Like I said, Robinson was fighting in a lot of 10 rounders, they don't sound like very important and big fights, lol. Maybe Pacquiao can fight Cotto 6 times in 10 round fights.

Good try sweet cheeks.
PalookaJoe
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 23 2011, 07:29 PM) *

Checkmate.

"BURN YOUR SOUL LIKE ETHER!"

Fitz
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 24 2011, 07:21 PM) *
Hey Fitz is that that the fatty boombalata from Precious in your avatar?

Haha....awkward. It's actually AllMenJoi8....it was posted before.
leonthegee
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 24 2011, 01:28 AM) *
The sanctioning bodies usually have top 10 contenders, by definition the top 10 are the top contenders for a world title. Didn't you know that?

Like I said, Robinson was fighting in a lot of 10 rounders, they don't sound like very important and big fights, lol. Maybe Pacquiao can fight Cotto 6 times in 10 round fights.

Good try sweet cheeks.

Robinson was fighting 2x a month Mannys not. Mannys suspoded to be a p4p fighter. Anybody out of the top 3 shouldnt be exceptable. Top 5 maybe. Theres a difference between prospect, contender, and top contender. At least in my book there is. The sanctioning bodies are full of shit half the time.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 24 2011, 07:29 PM) *

Oh........ok. This is a bit strange I always assumed "she" was just a dude with a incredibly small penis. I was not far from the money & hawt damm she looks like that boombalata in Precious.
Fitz
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 24 2011, 07:43 PM) *
Robinson was fighting 2x a month Mannys not. Mannys suspoded to be a p4p fighter. Anybody out of the top 3 shouldnt be exceptable. Top 5 maybe. Theres a difference between prospect, contender, and top contender. At least in my book there is. The sanctioning bodies are full of shit half the time.

Robinson was fighting guys with losses that are in double digits, here is an example of 4 consecutive fights he had in 1942, lol

Al Nettlow 49-11-4
Izzy Jannazzo 46-27-13
Vic Dellicurti 30-19-6
Izzy Jannazzo 46-26-13

Pacquiao could make a career out of journeyman as well if he wanted to, but he doesn't.

But because we are comparing Pacquiao and Robinson and you are saying how Manny doesn't fight top contenders. Do you think those guys I listed sound like top contenders? lol.

Hail Manny.
leonthegee
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 24 2011, 12:56 AM) *
Robinson was fighting guys with losses that are in double digits, here is an example of 4 consecutive fights he had in 1942, lol

Al Nettlow 49-11-4
Izzy Jannazzo 46-27-13
Vic Dellicurti 30-19-6
Izzy Jannazzo 46-26-13

Pacquiao could make a career out of journeyman as well if he wanted to, but he doesn't.

But because we are comparing Pacquiao and Robinson and you are saying how Manny doesn't fight top contenders. Do you think those guys I listed sound like top contenders? lol.

Hail Manny.

Im talking about both fighters at their best otherwise the question doesnt make sense. You get alot of journey men when you have over a 100 wins on your jacket.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 24 2011, 07:56 PM) *

Al Nettlow 49-11-4
Izzy Jannazzo 46-27-13
Vic Dellicurti 30-19-6
Izzy Jannazzo 46-26-13

Hail Manny.

Well he had to rematch Izzy because if it makes money it makes sense. The first time round Izzy stood there for 10 rounds like a 147lb heavybag. The next time he was not standing after 8 so I guess Ray showed him real good.

Not good enough mind you because he waited another 2 years to give Izzy yet another thrashing & decided that fighting him again in another 2 years was a smart move. It also helped that Izzy had lost by that stage 42 fights!

Fucking cherrypicker.
mgrover
i take my comment back, my eyes have been opened that pacman would of beat robinson
Fitz
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 24 2011, 08:03 PM) *
Im talking about both fighters at their best otherwise the question doesnt make sense. You get alot of journey men when you have over a 100 wins on your jacket.

Just saying that Manny has fought the top contenders at welter weight, you tried to say otherwise. I wasn't discrediting SRR, just showing you that he didn't fight the top WW's.

So what point are you trying to make now?
Mean Mister Mustard
Cotto, Clottey and Mosley were all ranked in the top 10 by Ring Magazine as well.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 24 2011, 08:29 AM) *

Anyone ever tried to feed a tic tac to a wolf?
gravytrain
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 24 2011, 05:03 AM) *

at Robinson's best he's getting long counts like in the Artie Levine fight and getting knocked through the ropes like his fight with LaMotta. Pac hasn't had any losses at his peak and hasn't been on the canvas.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.