Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lucian Bute Vs. Glen Johnson
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cheesey1
Glen Johnson has fought twice as many pro fights as Lucian Bute against mostly better opposition and this has to have taken a toll. That being said, I give Johnson a real chance because he has fought better fighters than Bute has, but overall Bute's younger, good enough technically and strong enough to get the TKO in the 9th.
Cshel86
The sad thing is, this is actually a step up in competition for Bute no2.gif Its gonna be good for what its worth!
JONdaCON817
Bute will probably win by UD. I'll be rooting for the road warrior tho. It's hard not to like Glen Johnson. Pute is a vagina and needs better comp asap.
Mean Mister Mustard
The last time that Johnson fought someone with good foot movement, he looked his age. Bute is going to box circles around Johnson.
kingknockout
Johnson might have to knock him out to beat him, he fades in the later rounds alot....but he also still can be a problem.

I think bute will have a higher punch output, I don't see him getting knocked down, but it's possible....johnson has the power to do so.

Bute will win, even though I wouldn't want it to happen.
mrchitown
I'm going with Bute by UD. His punch output will be very high and I see him fighting a very strategic fight to try and neutralize Glen's punching power. But my heart is with Glen, I'd like him to win and he quite possibly could put Bute on the canvas. I think Glen's best chance is to win by KO
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 23 2011, 08:59 PM) *
The last time that Johnson fought someone with good foot movement, he looked his age. Bute is going to box circles around Johnson.

Agreed about the age and the foot movement, but if Johnson can keep moving forward, keep his punch output up and fight a very physical fight, then maybe (as Teddy Atlas says) he can take Bute into deep waters. The problem with that though is I doubt that Bute will just stand there and let Johnson bum rush him...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 23 2011, 08:01 PM) *
The sad thing is, this is actually a step up in competition for Bute no2.gif Its gonna be good for what its worth!

Yup.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Oct 23 2011, 08:06 PM) *
Johnson might have to knock him out to beat him, he fades in the later rounds alot....but he also still can be a problem.

I think bute will have a higher punch output, I don't see him getting knocked down, but it's possible....johnson has the power to do so.

+1

Feel you on that King KO.
Cshel86
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Oct 23 2011, 09:06 PM) *

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 23 2011, 10:21 PM) *
I'm going with Bute by UD. His punch output will be very high and I see him fighting a very strategic fight to try and neutralize Glen's punching power. But my heart is with Glen, I'd like him to win and he quite possibly could put Bute on the canvas. I think Glen's best chance is to win by KO

Agreed! I believe Bute knows what he's up against and he wont come in there as flashy as he usually does. I see careful precision punching by Bute and I see Johnson giving him fits in spurts. I dont see Johnson going in there and getting humiliated, though this isn't the safest fight ever.
checkleft
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Oct 23 2011, 07:22 PM) *
Bute will probably win by UD. I'll be rooting for the road warrior tho. It's hard not to like Glen Johnson. Pute is a vagina and needs better comp asap.

I'm always rooting for the road warrior, tough as nails and he isn't scared of anyone. This fight has the potential to be a big upset, but i think Bute will go in there cautiously and win. I wanna see a chin check on lucian though, to see if its not all glass up there.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 24 2011, 12:43 PM) *
I'm always rooting for the road warrior, tough as nails and he isn't scared of anyone. This fight has the potential to be a big upset, but i think Bute will go in there cautiously and win. I wanna see a chin check on lucian though, to see if its not all glass up there.

i hope Glen puts a cracc in there like the Liberty Bell!!... lol

but i agree with you 100%
Cshel86
Thank God for DVR yes2.gif ...this bout and the Kirkland/Angulo bout comes on the same night...
MissBigguns
I think Bote is gonna win this. I realy like him. He's cute for a englesh man. He's from the same city as Calsaggy right? Him I didnt care for.
Glen Jonsons face looks like an old lether sachel. hehe. no way I can root for that man.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 25 2011, 10:24 AM) *
Thank God for DVR yes2.gif ...this bout and the Kirkland/Angulo bout comes on the same night...

Don't worry kirkland/Angulo shouldn't last more than about 90 seconds.
STEVENSKI
Bute is a proven winner & Johnson is a proven loser. Easy money.
checkleft
QUOTE (MissBigguns @ Oct 24 2011, 05:33 PM) *
I think Bote is gonna win this. I realy like him. He's cute for a englesh man. He's from the same city as Calsaggy right? Him I didnt care for.
Glen Jonsons face looks like an old lether sachel. hehe. no way I can root for that man.

Sorry, he's not English. I forget where he's from.

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 24 2011, 05:53 PM) *

Haha, that's at least what were hoping for. That fight is bound to have fireworks, can't wait!
Cshel86
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 24 2011, 06:53 PM) *

Lmao! I know right! Damn Ollie...let a brotha dream! Lol!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (MissBigguns @ Oct 24 2011, 05:33 PM) *
I think Bote is gonna win this. I realy like him. He's cute for a englesh man. He's from the same city as Calsaggy right?

Um. No.

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 24 2011, 05:53 PM) *

It will be a fun 90 seconds though. Like a vintage Tyson fight where you know it's not a question of IF, but WHEN.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 24 2011, 11:46 AM) *
Agreed! I believe Bute knows what he's up against and he wont come in there as flashy as he usually does. I see careful precision punching by Bute and I see Johnson giving him fits in spurts. I dont see Johnson going in there and getting humiliated, though this isn't the safest fight ever.

That's true, I can't imagine Johnson getting thoroughly out-classed by Bute. It could be a real dog fight, and that is right up Johnson's alley
MissBigguns
lol, no mr. beardo I'm not lik these other triflin' hoes who run rigt to the principels office. I dont mind talking about mens privite parts so why shuld I mind mens talking about my pussy? It's all good.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (MissBigguns @ Oct 24 2011, 09:33 PM) *
lol, no mr. beardo I'm not lik these other triflin' hoes who run rigt to the principels office. I dont mind talking about mens privite parts so why shuld I mind mens talking about my pussy? It's all good.

So, Miss, when you goan show us dem Biggins?
MissBigguns
lol no mr. beardo I dont giv it up for free. any man that want this pussy they got to pay. by the pound. large bills for sum large lovin, hehehe.
Lady's can I get a Amen?
Mean Mister Mustard
Bute has a nice jab and counterpunching skills, but it's his legs that are going to win him the fight. Still, I hope Johnson puts on a good performance so that he can get another payday. If anyone deserves $ it is him.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (MissBigguns @ Oct 24 2011, 09:51 PM) *
lol no mr. beardo I dont giv it up for free. any man that want this pussy they got to pay. by the pound. large bills for sum large lovin, hehehe.
Lady's can I get a Amen?

Let me check my chucha . . . I'll get back to you.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 24 2011, 09:54 PM) *
Bute has a nice jab and counterpunching skills, but it's his legs that are going to win him the fight. Still, I hope Johnson puts on a good performance so that he can get another payday. If anyone deserves $ it is him.
If Andrade can catch him, The Road Warrior has a chance.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (MissBigguns @ Oct 25 2011, 03:51 PM) *
Lady's can I get a Amen?

Oh one hourn with me & you would be screaming for the lord alright. You are just a cheap ass ho & deserve to be treated as one.
Spyder
Bute moves too much for Johnson. Look for a long 12 for the Road Warrior.
wolterb
^ thats how i'm feeling. johnsons stamina was the one thing i saw that took the froch fight from him. he knows how to cut the ring off, he just can't keep a consistent pace doing so while landing punches.
i hope johnson has been doing strength conditioning and tries to knock bute out in the first half of the fight. otherwise bute is takin the cake in my eyes
Cshel86
QUOTE (wolterb @ Oct 27 2011, 01:03 PM) *
^ thats how i'm feeling. johnsons stamina was the one thing i saw that took the froch fight from him. he knows how to cut the ring off, he just can't keep a consistent pace doing so while landing punches.
i hope johnson has been doing strength conditioning and tries to knock bute out in the first half of the fight. otherwise bute is takin the cake in my eyes

We've seen Bute look like crap in the first Librado Andrade bout...hope Glen is studying that tape for tips dntknw.gif
bnoles4life
Like some have eluded, stamina for BOTH fighters, will be instrumental in wins the fight. However, I'm interested if Bute has the power to prevent Glenn from walking through his punches? I feel at some point early, Bute should sit down on a few punches, in aims to impede Johnson blatantly walking him down.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 27 2011, 06:06 PM) *
Like some have eluded, stamina for BOTH fighters, will be instrumental in wins the fight. However, I'm interested if Bute has the power to prevent Glenn from walking through his punches? I feel at some point early, Bute should sit down on a few punches, in aims to impede Johnson blatantly walking him down.

If Glen would work more on his own movement to interrupt Bute's foot movement, then we wouldn't have to worry about Bute planting his feet and sitting down on his punches. Unfortunately, Bute is gonna have a few opportunities to do just that, smh.
Jack 1000
This is an easy fight for Bute. Taking him to win around 118-110 and 117-111 (twice.) Johnson has no chance to win in Canada and Bute I think wins by smothering the old man on the inside. The question is, will Glen be in there just for a payday, or make it tough for him? I think Johnson's age, plus the hometown advantage for Lucien, are HUGE variables against him that can't be overcome. At least, not this time.

Jack
Romulus9
I hope Johnson sends him to twitchville.
caneman
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Oct 31 2011, 01:29 AM) *
I hope Johnson sends him to twitchville.

Me too, I don't know what the old man has left but I want him to destroy Bute!
Cshel86
Hahahaha!!! Bute might get that 15-count again if he happens to get dropped in this fight, lol...location, location, location no2.gif
Cshel86
Hope Im not behind with this, but is there going to be a co-featured bout?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.