Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Manny tells Sergio: Drop down to 147lbs and we can fight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
PalookaJoe
What a surprise. Sergio offers to drop all the way down to 150, and Manny wants him to come down even more.

Fucking typical. Asking Sergio to make a weight he hasn't made in 10 years.

I hope Sergio tells Manny to fuck off and ends up fighting Floyd at 150. How much farther do these dudes want people to come down?

I wonder if he'll fight the Klitschkos if they'll come down to 140.

From the Scene

During last month's pre-fight promotion for his title defense against Darren Barker, Martinez said he was willing to "risk his health" by dropping all the way down to 150-pounds to fight Pacquiao.

"I must go down to 150 and take a risk with my health. I want to prove that pound for pound I'm the best boxer. Now there is no excuse," Martinez said.

However, a fight with Pacquiao will require a few more pounds. If Martinez wants to get in the ring with Pacquiao, he will have to risk a lot more than his health by shaving off enough weight to make the welterweight limit of 147-pounds. Martinez, once a 147-pounder, has not made the welterweight limit since October of 2001.

"If Sergio Martinez can get to 147 pounds, why not? We can negotiate a weight," Pacquiao told the Los Angeles Times.
HazConvictedFelonMane
http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-if-ser...ight-him--45274

I said this was going to happen. I knew this is what he would say in response to Martinez' request to fight at 150. In one of these comment boards I said that Manny would ask him to come to 147. I don't know what this means for the people who think that Pacquiao is draining fighters. I think they will consider this an 'I told you so' moment. This guy is already under scrutiny by the people who are not blinded by the luster. The fans who are emotionally involved tend to overlook, completely ignore the fact that fighters get drained and weakened before they step in the ring. Another fighter who is pound for pound is already making a concession to fight, is asked to make a weight that he will never agree to making. If he does, he's seriously not going to have much of a chance to win the fight. He will not be at his best. Asking for Martinez to make 147 pounds is just like asking Mosley to make 143. It's a duck move. Feel free to close this after a couple of crybabies start bleeding all over this thread. The Pac Man cheerleading team will all have their periods at the same time. LMAO. Floyd said he'd fight him at 154, Manny won't even fight him at 150. He wants to crackhead him all the way down to 147. What a joke.
Hops
I already knew that HazConvictedPerson will post this up. laugh.gif

Guy's already obsessed with Pacquiao.
Mafiajoey
Pac's a joke... In the same day he says he can't make Floyd fight him... Now Sergio to 147lbs? Wow who actually gives two shiitttss about what this guy does. Let me gues... is anyone excited for him to fight JMM? Well sure the Pactards are the only ones. Just like they were excited for his last few fights that have no relevance. lol Fight Margo for the 154 title and make a catch weight of 150... but god forbid Pac fight Sergio at that same weight of 150..

Yes he makes JMM bloat himself while Pac claims he can't get down to 140ish.. sure you can... quit eating 14,000 calories a day LOL

Pac is a fraud... someone get rid of him or expose him already..
Hops
Fuck Manny!!! Fuck the Pactards!!! Hail Floyd!!!

By the way, JoePalooka, who posted this one first, you or ConvictedPerson?

Duplicate thread?
PalookaJoe
QUOTE (Hops @ Oct 24 2011, 01:23 AM) *

Duplicate thread?

I posted it just before he did. Check the times in my 1st post and his. I think it was pretty close though.
julius
You wanted to Fight PACMAN @147, i just don't get it dude, but if you insist then i think you go down just like Hatton. Sorry but your body will bring you down. So sad but its reality
STEVENSKI
What weight does Pac fight at? 147

What weight does Martinez fight at? 154-160

Does Pac need Martinez? Not on your life

Does Martinez need Pac? Possibly depending if he wants the big payday

The ball is in the Martinez court. If he wants to fight he will do it if not he does not have to. It is what happens when you have options.
un01
well, if martinez wants to fight welterweights he needs to come down and make 147, if not, he can stay in his lane at 160... i dont know why people keep talking about this fight that will never happen. bob arum will never let pacquiao (who comes in at 144 for his fights) go against martinez that can show up at 160 come fight night
mgrover
pacman will never ever go beyond 150 since that will slow him down plain and simple. roach told ariza to just not fuck up his speed, and thats a lot of what manny is, he moves 154 and hes immediatly putting himself at a disadvantage
Cshel86
Damn just give it up Sergio! He needs to just make the most of the MW, and leave this Pac/May shit alone. He and DiBella have practically been begging for this fight, and Sergio just himself out there when he started talkin' that "150" bullcrap.
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (Hops @ Oct 24 2011, 02:23 AM) *

Duplicate thread?

Of course it was me. You know that already. I'm on a Pac watch 24/7/365. I'm going to shine as much negative light on this poser, as you guys shine on my fighter. It's only fair. Besides, when someone says something about FMJ I don't get all touchy like you Pacquiao guys do. They could jack me for the topic. It's all good. You guys know that I'm going to bring it anyway, regardless to who gets the credit. I don't do this for recognition anyways. I do it just for the fuck of it. Pacquiao's a poor excuse for a pound for pound fighter. His version of being pound for pound entails him making fighter, who's desperate to prove something, bend over backwards just to secure a fight. It has nothing to do with what the fans would like to see, it's all about how they can make things easier for this joke ass fighter. And Palooka Joe thinks I check his posts first and then try to copy his shit? Fool, please. I already know that duplicates get closed or merged. I'm not out to waste my time duplicating threads. For that matter, I'd comment on his thread. I wouldn't start a new one.
HazConvictedFelonMane
I'd say we were typing at about the same time. He just hit the button 2 minutes before I did. There's no way that I'd try to wagon off of his post. It's just a cowinky dink. Do your thing Joe. No hate over here.
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 24 2011, 05:31 AM) *
What weight does Pac fight at? 147

What weight does Martinez fight at? 154-160

Does Pac need Martinez? Not on your life

Does Martinez need Pac? Possibly depending if he wants the big payday

The ball is in the Martinez court. If he wants to fight he will do it if not he does not have to. It is what happens when you have options.

C'mon man. Seriously? Margarito is bigger than Martinez. Margarito was asked down to 150 because Pacquiao wanted to further falsify his legacy by adding another paper title to his collection. Everyone knows that they fought for a vacant ass title. Manny Pacquiao had the chance to fight Yuri Foreman, an undefeated fighter with fast hands, good wheels, and a finesse boxer. He chose not to fight him. Instead, he chose to remain in the stands at Yankee Stadium and watch his knee break down against a fighter that Pacquiao just destroyed. He didn't want to fight Foreman because he was too tall. After the Cotto fight, he stated that he was no longer going to move up in weight. 6 months later he was sizing up the winner of Cotto-Foreman for a potential title shot at 154. Instead of handing Foreman his 1st loss, and winning a legit title, he goes for a slow ass fighter for a catchweight. I've long since stated that if Manny refused to fight Martinez, it would be looked at as him ducking. It's not only about the payday. These fighters want to be considered the best in the world. With this P4P guy that boxing has, we'll never get a clear answer on who's better. That's because the other 2 P4P guys, will be avoided in favor of guys like Margarito and Mosley. It's easy to look like the best fighter out there when you're always in the ring with guys that will make you look better than what you really are. Manny's a fraud and until he proves otherwise, he will be under constant fire.
JONdaCON817
Lol.... Pac is being a vagina... If I was Sergio ide agree to 147 and say fucc it and come in at 150 anyways. Yea you may shell out 30 milli for the extra weight but it ain't bout the money, its about LEGACY!
JONdaCON817
I think although I do like Pac, I may follow suite with Haz(I keep gettin caught by the law) mane. I'm gonna break Pac fans hearts and talk crazy Shyt on him. The reaction is always hilarious.
lloyd mayflower
I dont hear anyone else saying Sergios name. A conditional offer is better than none at all. Pac is THE biggest star in the sport and p4p champ, so if Sergio wants to throw down with him, he can meet the top mans terms.
Cshel86
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 24 2011, 12:27 PM) *
I dont hear anyone else saying Sergios name. A conditional offer is better than none at all. Pac is THE biggest star in the sport and p4p champ, so if Sergio wants to throw down with him, he can meet the top mans terms.

dntknw.gif Cant argue with that. Hope he isn't dumb enough to take the bait, but he may go through with his promise of 150lbs.
gravytrain
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 24 2011, 12:27 PM) *

i agree. if you want to meet the god of boxing you've to travel to heaven, he isn't going to come to you.
JONdaCON817
Then after Pac and SMart agree to 147, Sergio should ask for OSDT. Lol.
gravytrain
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Oct 24 2011, 12:45 PM) *

when Martinez starts letting a gay man rub on him between rounds and gets taken for millions of dollars by Big Willie he'll want OSDT, until that day he'll be a man and fight him under the rules of the state athletic commission.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 24 2011, 04:41 PM) *
i agree. if you want to meet the god of boxing you've to travel to heaven, he isn't going to come to you.

Nicely put gravy.
Cshel86
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Oct 24 2011, 12:45 PM) *

If he wants to throw the fight, then thats the proper way of going about doing things. Sergio really doesn't even have the leverage to demand such a thing. If anything, Team Pac will request him to take a test, and then exclude themselves from the process. He's done it before! Lol!
philly4693
QUOTE (Mafiajoey @ Oct 24 2011, 01:21 AM) *
Pac's a joke... In the same day he says he can't make Floyd fight him... Now Sergio to 147lbs? Wow who actually gives two shiitttss about what this guy does. Let me gues... is anyone excited for him to fight JMM? Well sure the Pactards are the only ones. Just like they were excited for his last few fights that have no relevance. lol Fight Margo for the 154 title and make a catch weight of 150... but god forbid Pac fight Sergio at that same weight of 150..

Yes he makes JMM bloat himself while Pac claims he can't get down to 140ish.. sure you can... quit eating 14,000 calories a day LOL

Amen to that!!!!
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Mafiajoey @ Oct 24 2011, 01:21 AM)

Of course it could be a lot worse, he could bloat JMM up to a catchweight of 143 then refuse to come down to the catchweight himself.

As for Sergio, he has talked about both Pac and Floyd. Whats wrong with Pac saying ok, you want to mention my name, here's the terms, take them or take my name out your mouth?

checkleft
Very typical.. I can hear em now "see? manny would fight a lion! He's isn't ducking anybody!.. unless the lion asked for osdt.. and it would have to be at a catchweight.. for a vacant title".. this offer is a duck. I hope the mayweather negotiations that "arent" happening are at least at 154.
Cshel86
Somebody posted this in another thread, but they basically said that though JMM signed for 144, he could still weigh in at 140 and be okay. Knowing JMM, he will try to be the good guy and fuck himself by coming in at 144 anyway. Hell Pac always comes in under the contrcated weight. In this case, Sergio doesn't have that luxury...either he comes in at 147 or 150 (whatever they agree to), or he will be forced to pay a penalty for coming in overweight.
PalookaJoe
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Oct 24 2011, 09:35 AM) *
I'd say we were typing at about the same time. He just hit the button 2 minutes before I did. There's no way that I'd try to wagon off of his post. It's just a cowinky dink. Do your thing Joe. No hate over here.

lol, of course. I never meant to suggest anything other than we both were posting at the same time.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 24 2011, 11:54 AM) *
when Martinez starts letting a gay man rub on him between rounds and gets taken for millions of dollars by Big Willie he'll want OSDT, until that day he'll be a man and fight him under the rules of the state athletic commission.

LOL....

i hope you know i was being sarcastic gravy!!.. lol
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 24 2011, 12:07 PM) *
If he wants to throw the fight, then thats the proper way of going about doing things. Sergio really doesn't even have the leverage to demand such a thing. If anything, Team Pac will request him to take a test, and then exclude themselves from the process. He's done it before! Lol!

ahahaha... no lie!!

i think that was vs Mosley...
Cshel86
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Oct 24 2011, 05:10 PM) *
ahahaha... no lie!!

i think that was vs Mosley...

Maxy
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 24 2011, 05:14 PM) *

Why do you insist on ridiculing yourself with these fuckin' endless GIF responses?
Cshel86
And just how am I ridiculing myself Maxy? You still trippin' man?

Maxy
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 24 2011, 05:19 PM) *
And just how am I ridiculing myself Maxy? You still trippin' man?

Nah, you happen to be pretty inconsequential to be honest.

And you do yourself no fuckin' favours. But shit, you're oblivious to that so you can't be helped.
PalookaJoe
QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 24 2011, 05:16 PM) *
Why do you insist on ridiculing yourself with these fuckin' endless GIF responses?

Shhh, he's on a roll
Cshel86
QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 24 2011, 05:21 PM) *
Nah, you happen to be pretty inconsequential to be honest.

And you do yourself no fuckin' favours. But shit, you're oblivious to that so you can't be helped.

Its funny that you're contributing to my irrelevance, lol. Last time we had words, you said that you were gonna ignore me dntknw.gif Seriously, whats the deal bro?

QUOTE (PalookaJoe @ Oct 24 2011, 05:21 PM) *
Shhh, he's on a roll

I see that you're content with being a follower, but hey, who am I to judge? Like I said earlier, everytime something pops off, you're right playing the role as the FH booty fly no2.gif
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (PalookaJoe @ Oct 24 2011, 04:14 PM) *
lol, of course. I never meant to suggest anything other than we both were posting at the same time.

It's all good my dude. We cool.
Maxy
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 24 2011, 05:30 PM) *
Its funny that you're contributing to my irrelevance, lol. Last time we had words, you said that you were gonna ignore me dntknw.gif Seriously, whats the deal bro?

Ironically it is.

Oh and to clarify things.....last time I expressed a little bit of emotion in my genuine opinion you didn't really seem to like it.

You kill off emotion, kill of genuine expression of opinion....you kill off the fuckin' forum.

Remember that.
PalookaJoe
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 24 2011, 05:30 PM) *

I see that you're content with being a follower, but hey, who am I to judge? Like I said earlier, everytime something pops off, you're right playing the role as the FH booty fly no2.gif

Yeah you're right. I should be more content just to post an endless stream of .gifs in place of opinions, and getting my rocks off by abusing my authority as a mod. That would be much better. Fuck being a follower, I need to be a power mad prick that likes to close threads and ban people who dare speak their minds.

That's the ticket!
PalookaJoe
By the way, why are you consistently breaking the #1 rule of FightHype in that you are to treat users and staff with respect.

You've shown VERY LITTLE respect in your time here, and constantly degrade and downtalk anyone you disagree with.

Setting a bad example sea shell. You can do better, I know you can!

You're good enough, you're smart enough and...well...nevermind.
PalookaJoe
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 24 2011, 04:30 PM) *

I thought sexual harrassment and disparaging comments of a sexual nature were not allowed on fight hype, Mr. Mod. Or is that only for the forum MEMBERS and not the MODS?

Do as you say not as you do? Hypocritical much?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 24 2011, 05:41 PM) *
Ironically it is.

Oh and to clarify things.....last time I expressed a little bit of emotion in my genuine opinion you didn't really seem to like it.

You kill off emotion, kill of genuine expression of opinion....you kill off the fuckin' forum.

Remember that.

Maxy you're really killing me with these freakin' emotions man, seriously. Maybe thats the problem, TOO much emotion. I have never had a problem with ANYBODY expressing their genuine opinions, especially towards me, but I do have a problem when they come off as smart asses and curse at me like a freakin' salior...then tell me that they're just "expressing their genuine opinion", I do have a problem with that.

I dont believe I can kill off a whole forum, I would only hope that Im NOT that much of a force (I pray not). Everybody around here has thick skin, so I dont see how thats possible. Im definitely approachable, and the way you've been approaching me is all wrong man. I have always came at the vets with respect, hell, some of them have helped me find my way around here (from gifs, to threads, etc.)...I haven't forgot that. If you dont cross me, then wont cross you...thats how I operate.

Im still trying to figure out what the issue is laugh.gif

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 25 2011, 09:05 AM) *
some of them have helped me find my way around here (from gifs, to threads, etc.)...I haven't forgot that.

Who? Name names because they have a lot to answer for.
Cshel86
QUOTE (PalookaJoe @ Oct 24 2011, 06:04 PM) *
I thought sexual harrassment and disparaging comments of a sexual nature were not allowed on fight hype, Mr. Mod. Or is that only for the forum MEMBERS and not the MODS?

Do as you say not as you do? Hypocritical much?

I explained what a "booty fly" was in the other thread. To make it simple for you...whenever there's shit on the ground, flies swarm around it. Thats how I relayed to you...everytime some shit pops off around here...you're right there co-signing. Nothing homosexual was meant in that statement...I would like for you to read more. From what I know, you aren't even supposed to be here posting right now, since you want to bring up rules and such. So like I said before, please find a way to refrain from speaking to me or I will find a way to make that happen man. Thanks...
Cshel86
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 24 2011, 06:09 PM) *
Who? Name names because they have a lot to answer for.

Fitz in particular...he helped me with some gifs when I joined a while ago. Thats what I meant...
PalookaJoe
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 24 2011, 05:09 PM) *
I explained what a "booty fly" was in the other thread. To make it simple for you...whenever there's shit on the ground, flies swarm around it. Thats how I relayed to you...everytime some shit pops off around here...you're right there co-signing. Nothing homosexual was meant in that statement...I would like for you to read more. From what I know, you aren't even supposed to be here posting right now, since you want to bring up rules and such. So like I said before, please find a way to refrain from speaking to or I will find a way to make that happen man. Thanks...

lol. Whatever you say man. How about this, from now on you stop speaking my name as well. Don't post about me, don't quote me, don't refer to me in any way shape or form, and in return, I will do the same.

You're not important enough to me to speak on, and I don't unless you're attacking me (very un mod like btw).

Don't start none, won't be none, as they say.

But at the end of the day you have all the power. You can just silence any dissent and ban me and then talk shit about me without my being able to defend myself. So in that regards, it's really not even worth bothering with.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 25 2011, 09:10 AM) *
Fitz in particular...he helped me with some gifs when I joined a while ago. Thats what I meant...

Thanks mate. No need for international flights as Fitz lives in my city. Saves money & time.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (PalookaJoe @ Oct 25 2011, 09:12 AM) *
lol. Whatever you say man. How about this, from now on you stop speaking my name as well. Don't post about me, don't quote me, don't refer to me in any way shape or form, and in return, I will do the same.

You're not important enough to me to speak on, and I don't unless you're attacking me (very un mod like btw).

Don't start none, won't be none, as they say.

But at the end of the day you have all the power. You can just silence any dissent and ban me and then talk shit about me without my being able to defend myself. So in that regards, it's really not even worth bothering with.

Joe I don't know what your agenda is but insulting mods is not the way to go about it. If Jack was here he would kick your ass for your smacktalk & give you a couple of weeks on the bench to think about it. Lucky Jack seems to be in semi retirement these days.

PalookaJoe
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 24 2011, 05:16 PM) *
Joe I don't know what your agenda is but insulting mods is not the way to go about it. If Jack was here he would kick your ass for your smacktalk & give you a couple of weeks on the bench to think about it. Lucky Jack seems to be in semi retirement these days.

My agenda is nothing but standing up for myself. Dude has shit on me at every opportunity lately. Three people do something on here, and ONE gets publically called out and personally insulted.

I had nothing to say to him until he started talking shit to me trying to humiliate me in front of people. So this isn't a situation where I'm just talking shit to talk shit. As long as people treat me with respect, I'll treat them with respect. I may have differing opinions, but I don't go out of my way to shit on someone without a reason.

He made it personal with many of his recent comments. As long as he leaves me be, I won't bother with it anymore. But as I said he has the power so it's not exactly an even playing field.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (PalookaJoe @ Oct 25 2011, 09:19 AM) *
He made it personal with many of his recent comments. As long as he leaves me be, I won't bother with it anymore. But as I said he has the power so it's not exactly an even playing field.

So you just gonna walk away with your tail between your legs. Pussy. Manny Pac is prepared to face the true middleweight champion & you are crying about a hurt feelings. Well spare a thought for SM as he will have a sore face once Pac is done with him.

If you had any balls you would deal with this in an appropriate manner.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.