Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquaio v Hearns (147 and 154)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
lloyd mayflower
What do you guys think of this matchup, with both 147 and 154 versions of both fighters?

Tommy Hearns is one of my favourite fighters of all time, so it pains me to say it, but Manny puts on a classy 12 round lesson at 154, and at 147, Hearns sees stars before the 4th.
Cshel86
Ahhhh, this one is not the easiest to call no2.gif I would have to give the slight edge to Hearns at 147 in this one, because of his height and how effective he was with his jab. No doubts in my mind that mind that Pac would be something that he's never stepped in the ring with, but this big guy knew how to move in the ring. I definitely cant call it at 154, because Im not sure how effective Pac would be if he officially tipped the scale.
gravytrain
i would feel sorry for the people sitting ringside because Pac would slap that jerri curl around like one of Mayweather's ex gfs and the grease would be flying.
lloyd mayflower
At 147 it would be Pac KO8, and the KO would happen between 1 and 4. The 8 is how many broken ribs the hitman would suffer.
Cshel86
Sorry, but I have to disagree with yall on this one! A P. Willy type fighter who doesn't use his jab effectively, a Margarito type fighter who could care less about a jab and just walks forward, or dead Oscar who couldn't even use either hand to please himself that night...all suit Pacman well. A tall guy like Hearns who moves and works behind his jab would not be a good fit for Pac, I just dont see it happening. Just my take on it though...
checkleft
Couldn't agree more. Hearns either wins a decision or Tko in the late rounds by staying on the outside and working being the jab.
philly4693
With all due respect to Pac, Thomas Hearns would absolutely KO Pac, Roberto Duran style!!! Does not matter if the fight was at 147 or 154, the result would be the same. Thomas Hearns had a beautiful jab and a lethal right hand. Pac has loads of trouble with boxers, just look at the Morales and Marquez fights. To be honest, this is about as ridiculous as the thread earlier about Pac vs Robinson. While Pac is a good fighter, he does not belong in the same breath as Robinson. Robinson hands down is the best P4P fighter that ever lived!
checkleft
QUOTE (philly4693 @ Oct 24 2011, 12:44 PM) *
With all due respect to Pac, Thomas Hearns would absolutely KO Pac, Roberto Duran style!!! Does not matter if the fight was at 147 or 154, the result would be the same. Thomas Hearns had a beautiful jab and a lethal right hand. Pac has loads of trouble with boxers, just look at the Morales and Marquez fights. To be honest, this is about as ridiculous as the thread earlier about Pac vs Robinson. While Pac is a good fighter, he does not belong in the same breath as Robinson. Robinson hands down is the best P4P fighter that ever lived!

I honestly didn't think it had to be said, but after reading some of these ridiculous posts im glad someone did..
mgrover
i havent seen pacman against any tall range fighters yet so i cant really make a decent comment, but to me hearns would ruin him, those right hands to the body would put him out for the count
JONdaCON817
i think this would be more competitive at 47 then 54... ide give the edge to Pac at 47 but at 154 he'd be too slow... and Hearns would Jab and power punch him to death...

147- Pac KO in 8

154- Hearns UD...
leonthegee
With Mannys defense (or lack there of) he would be eating right hands like freakin juju beads. Hearns by ko in the 6th.
Romulus9
At 154, Hearns knocks Pacquiao out. He also knocks Mayweather out.

At 147, he's more vulnerable. Toss up between Hearns and Pacquiao. Hearns knocks Mayweather out.

Tommy's right hand was just too good.

(I know it belongs in another discussion thread, but Ray Leonard beats Mayweather with absolutely no trouble. Leonard-Pacquiao would have been one for the ages.)
pimpfighterROQ
I have to say that Pac wins at welterweight. Dont forget that Pac has that lateral movement down when hes not cramping LOL. Plus he is a fast power puncher..a southpaw too. Also Hearns is a punch drunk fighter..absolute no chin till he was in the higher weights. But at 154...Pac loses that speed advantage. Plus would he really make 154?? I have yet to see that LOL. There might be a catchweight...
philly4693
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Oct 24 2011, 01:00 PM) *
i think this would be more competitive at 47 then 54... ide give the edge to Pac at 47 but at 154 he'd be too slow... and Hearns would Jab and power punch him to death...

147- Pac KO in 8

154- Hearns UD...

Wow, here I thought that folks here knew their boxing. However, it appears that people use emotions to make irrational statements. @ 147 Hearn would murder Pac within 6 rounds, and forget 154 cuz we all know Pac has never fought at that weight, and fighting at catchweights does not count, plus Hearns with 7 more pounds would have an easier time with Pac. I understand the love for Pac as my wife is filipina, but as I tell her and everyone else that Pac's record while good has an asterisk next to it because he either fights fighters who are too slow, ala Margs, or ones who starve themselves ala ODLH/Cotto, and oh lets not forget ones who are on the downside of their carrers and having taking an ass kicking previously ala Mosley. Now don't get me wrong, I love Pacs aggression in the ring, but lets temper the thoughts that he would beat either Robinson or Hearns, especially at 147. All I ask is someone please give me one true welterweight or Jr welterweight for that matter in their "prime" (Please do not say Hatton cuz we all know he was already KO'd be FMJ previously)who is strong that Pac has fought and beat before posting these ridiculous threads.
MrChampagne123
Are yal serious? No way in HELL Pac beats HEARNS. at 147 o_0? How can you say that. Hearns has Spead and Power and his taller. He has a good JAB and devistating right. Pac is GREAT dont get me wronge but he would be overwhelmed. Yes Hearns proller met no1 like pac. But Pac never met a fighter like Hearns either lol! This is CRAZY. A slow, no head movement, brawler hurt pac on a few punches ala Margarito. now add speed and more power behingd that. with good footwork around the ring? come on now. be real pac doesnt make it to the final bell.
Maxy
I can't fuck around with this.

Hearns rams Pac back to the fuckin' Philippines in such devastating fashion it's as brutal and horrific as a gay rape.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Maxy @ Oct 24 2011, 03:51 PM) *
I can't fuck around with this.

Hearns rams Pac back to the fuckin' Philippines in such devastating fashion it's as brutal and horrific as a gay rape.

more like a gay gang bang...
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (philly4693 @ Oct 24 2011, 03:17 PM) *
Wow, here I thought that folks here knew their boxing. However, it appears that people use emotions to make irrational statements. @ 147 Hearn would murder Pac within 6 rounds, and forget 154 cuz we all know Pac has never fought at that weight, and fighting at catchweights does not count, plus Hearns with 7 more pounds would have an easier time with Pac. I understand the love for Pac as my wife is filipina, but as I tell her and everyone else that Pac's record while good has an asterisk next to it because he either fights fighters who are too slow, ala Margs, or ones who starve themselves ala ODLH/Cotto, and oh lets not forget ones who are on the downside of their carrers and having taking an ass kicking previously ala Mosley. Now don't get me wrong, I love Pacs aggression in the ring, but lets temper the thoughts that he would beat either Robinson or Hearns, especially at 147. All I ask is someone please give me one true welterweight or Jr welterweight for that matter in their "prime" (Please do not say Hatton cuz we all know he was already KO'd be FMJ previously)who is strong that Pac has fought and beat before posting these ridiculous threads.

i use emotions? your an idiot talkin out your ass bro.. i dont even like Pac so im not makin the call juss because im 'emotional'...

i said itd be more competitive... and i guessed he'd KO him because i feel Hearns would be more agressive with the smaller guy in front of him.. at 54 itd be a no brainer that Pac would lose... either UD or by KO but once Manny felt that solid body shot he'd be on his baccleg tryin not to get KO'd... now your luccy cuz usually i dont have to explain myself, especially to Rookies like yourself but i thought that maybe my post could be a little misleading.. Hearns would go out on his should and accept the KO if it came, Manny wouldnt.

holy piss this guy thinks he juss made a discovery... hate to burst your bubble but that shyts been covered... we know this. lol.

rookies who think they know it all dont last in these forums...
Maxy
QUOTE (philly4693 @ Oct 24 2011, 04:17 PM) *

You could sling the same shit out there about Mayweather.

Don't be a cunt.

When was Hatton ever a true welterweight anyway? Who the fuck have either of these twats fought at 147?
Fitz
Hearns chin is made out of fine china, he better hope the hands of god doesn't touch that chin, or it will be lights out for him.
STEVENSKI
Wow just wow.

Does anyone doubt Pac would thrash Hearns? The man is just too good. Pac KO 2 as he would go one better than Hagler.
bosco
total mismatch....what could midget pacquiao do to hearns?.....punch him in the ankles...lol
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (bosco @ Oct 25 2011, 10:01 AM) *
total mismatch....what could midget pacquiao do to hearns?.....punch him in the ankles...lol

Can't fight with broken ankles can you?
philly4693
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Oct 24 2011, 04:04 PM) *
i use emotions? your an idiot talkin out your ass bro.. i dont even like Pac so im not makin the call juss because im 'emotional'...

i said itd be more competitive... and i guessed he'd KO him because i feel Hearns would be more agressive with the smaller guy in front of him.. at 54 itd be a no brainer that Pac would lose... either UD or by KO but once Manny felt that solid body shot he'd be on his baccleg tryin not to get KO'd... now your luccy cuz usually i dont have to explain myself, especially to Rookies like yourself but i thought that maybe my post could be a little misleading.. Hearns would go out on his should and accept the KO if it came, Manny wouldnt.

holy piss this guy thinks he juss made a discovery... hate to burst your bubble but that shyts been covered... we know this. lol.

Actually, I was raised on boxing bro...when boxing was real! I usually read these posts cuz I think they are funny, but chose not to respond because all they really are, are peoples opinions. However, with that said, I was not directing anything at you per se, but obviously u felt compelled to explain yourself to me...oh how lucky I feel...lol. If you read my reply carefully, I said folks, not anyone in particular. I like Pac, but lets keep things in perspective here. Pac has been manufactured very carefully by Top Rank, specifically Bob Arum. Tommy Hearns was a monster at any weight. Sure, he was a bit chinny, but Pac wouldn't get near his chin with that piston jab of Hearns....Keep up the posts as I do enjoy reading them.
scallum
R ur guys being sarcastic about hearns losing to pac?
Fitz
If Barkley can stop Hearns, so can Pacquiao.
Romulus9
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Oct 24 2011, 05:04 PM) *

Plah
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 24 2011, 01:51 PM) *
I honestly didn't think it had to be said, but after reading some of these ridiculous posts im glad someone did..

+1
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 24 2011, 12:14 PM) *
Sorry, but I have to disagree with yall on this one! A P. Willy type fighter who doesn't use his jab effectively, a Margarito type fighter who could care less about a jab and just walks forward, or dead Oscar who couldn't even use either hand to please himself that night...all suit Pacman well. A tall guy like Hearns who moves and works behind his jab would not be a good fit for Pac, I just dont see it happening. Just my take on it though...

Agreed. A prime De La Hoya would've gave Manny fits in the ring, so I can only imagine the damage Tommy would inflict on him. I see no way Manny beats Hearns, I think his best shot would be @ 147. Manny could use his speed and head movements to get inside Tommy's jab. He could try to fight him chest to chest and smother Hearns' punches. But I see this fight playing out the same way Hearns-Duran did, except it may go into the middle rounds before Tommy stops him. Hearns is too big, too rangy, and works his jab effectively, Pacquio would have trouble with this. I actually think a better matchup would be Duran-Pacquio. That would be something, an all action fight
leonthegee
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Oct 24 2011, 02:01 PM) *
Wow just wow.

Does anyone doubt Pac would thrash Hearns? The man is just too good. Pac KO 2 as he would go one better than Hagler.

Pac couldnt ko a 39 yr old Mosley. I know your a fan bitchenski but come on man. Not even your that silly.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 25 2011, 11:28 AM) *
Pac couldnt ko a 39 yr old Mosley. I know your a fan bitchenski but come on man. Not even your that silly.

Yeah but Hearns wouldnt run for the hills like Shame Mosley did. Shame had the sense to fear Pacquaio. Tommys confidence would be his undoing.
TheFonz
The Motor City Cobra puts Pac-Man to sleep.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 25 2011, 06:39 AM) *
Yeah but Hearns wouldnt run for the hills like Shame Mosley did. Shame had the sense to fear Pacquaio. Tommys confidence would be his undoing.

Agreed. That's exactly what I'm sayin.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (philly4693 @ Oct 24 2011, 06:26 PM) *
Actually, I was raised on boxing bro...when boxing was real! I usually read these posts cuz I think they are funny, but chose not to respond because all they really are, are peoples opinions. However, with that said, I was not directing anything at you per se, but obviously u felt compelled to explain yourself to me...oh how lucky I feel...lol. If you read my reply carefully, I said folks, not anyone in particular. I like Pac, but lets keep things in perspective here. Pac has been manufactured very carefully by Top Rank, specifically Bob Arum. Tommy Hearns was a monster at any weight. Sure, he was a bit chinny, but Pac wouldn't get near his chin with that piston jab of Hearns....Keep up the posts as I do enjoy reading them.

Idkk if your agreeing or disagreeing with me but again, the whole "Pac being manufactured" and him fighting shitty opposition, I'm with you. But again I think Hearns confidence would be his downfall. Like stated earlier (tho I misspelled) he'd go out on his shield and not run a la Mosley. But at 47 I think Manny. Could have a better chance of countering or gettin inside that LONG jab of Hearns. I gave Manny no more than a punches chance.
bnoles4life
That Hearns jab and the ignorant straight right would've spelled doom for Manny. IMO, Hearns' chin is accentuated a lil' too much. He was KO'd by 3 guys (Hagler, Leonard (after 14 rounds) & Barkley) and none of them should ever be described as "feather-fisted".
wolterb
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Oct 25 2011, 11:39 AM) *
Idkk if your agreeing or disagreeing with me but again, the whole "Pac being manufactured" and him fighting shitty opposition, I'm with you. But again I think Hearns confidence would be his downfall. Like stated earlier (tho I misspelled) he'd go out on his shield and not run a la Mosley. But at 47 I think Manny. Could have a better chance of countering or gettin inside that LONG jab of Hearns. I gave Manny no more than a punches chance.

+1

i like hearns as a fighter way much more than i like pacquiao. but hearn's chin was always hollow and i think that would be a factor from rd 1 to the end.

if he fought at his best, hearns could definitely make it to the final bell - but if one of pacquiao's nasty punches landed it could end the whole damn thing. i'd root for hearns the whole way but i do think it'd be a definite possibility he'd get knocked out
bosco
this thread is ridiculous...this is why i made the Mayweather vs Tyson thread to show how ridiculous it is. Tommy Hearns is 6' 1" with a 78" reach...thats a 7" height and 11" reach advantage...what the hell is Pacquiao gonna with that. Hearns has only been ko'd 3 times because he fights tall, had one of the best jabs alltime and had a right hand like a mule kick. Besides all that he could box his ass off. So you can turn Pacquiao into superman if you want but to be honest Pacs handlers would've never let him anywhere near Hearns anyway.
checkleft
+1
wolterb
QUOTE (bosco @ Oct 25 2011, 02:43 PM) *
this thread is ridiculous...this is why i made the Mayweather vs Tyson thread to show how ridiculous it is. Tommy Hearns is 6' 1" with a 78" reach...thats a 7" height and 11" reach advantage...what the hell is Pacquiao gonna with that. Hearns has only been ko'd 3 times because he fights tall, had one of the best jabs alltime and had a right hand like a mule kick. Besides all that he could box his ass off. So you can turn Pacquiao into superman if you want but to be honest Pacs handlers would've never let him anywhere near Hearns anyway.

i agree with alot of what yer saying - specially yer last claim suggesting pac's promoters would not have arranged the fight in the first place. BUT, and i'm bad with the political end of boxing so you might have to critique me on this, i do believe bob arum promoted the hearns-leonard fight, hearns-hagler fight and alot of the other glory fights of the american era...so idk how much water that argument holds.

i agree that hearns SHOULD win the fight. but with any dream fights, its all conjecture and i don't think its fair to say people are framing pacquiao as superman when you use language to describe hearns such as "best jabs alltime" and "right hand like a mule kick".

I give you the height and reach advantage. my favorite boxers are lanky (cause i am probably), thats why i love hearns. but to suggest that the entire thread is ridiculous because YER pick isn't the most popular is a little easy.

theres so much of people throwing people under the bus that its gettin retarded. if you think people are talkin ridiculous call em out on that shit and learn em!

by the way the tyson-mayweather thread's purpose wasnt lost on me lol
TheFonz
Hearns catches Pac coming in.
Cshel86
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Oct 25 2011, 04:47 PM) *
Hearns catches Pac coming in.

+1
Jab first, then the deadly right hand.
Mean Mister Mustard
So here's what we had in the thread:

Some posters carefully explaining why they think Pacquiao would beat Hearns, and the other faction who do nothing but complain about how much Pacquiao sucks. Sometimes I wonder if there should be a competency test to see if you're allowed to post in a boxing forum.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (bosco @ Oct 25 2011, 01:43 PM) *

I agree. And especially with the last part.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Oct 25 2011, 06:48 PM) *
So here's what we had in the thread:

Some posters carefully explaining why they think Pacquiao would beat Hearns, and the other faction who do nothing but complain about how much Pacquiao sucks. Sometimes I wonder if there should be a competency test to see if you're allowed to post in a boxing forum.

Oh dont worry, its in the works.... laugh.gif
BoxingEinstein

Hearns sparks Pacman out within 9 rounds. That right hand bomb is no joke, and Pacquiao is a south paw doesn't help at all either. Whoever made this don't know much about boxing and how to make intelligent mythical match ups.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.