Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another dumb guess at Maywather-Ortiz PPV buys....1.15 Million
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Xception2ThRule
http://www.boxingnews24.com/2011/10/maywea...5-million-buys/
PalookaJoe
Not a credible website though, man. I'll wait for an actual source to come out with the numbers.
Mean Mister Mustard
Another one of these threads? Not to mention that the site linked is a POS.
JONdaCON817
why do ppl feel the need to bash the site there currently on when posting bullshyt they think is right... that shyt is pretty homosexual if you ask me...
PalookaJoe
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Oct 24 2011, 08:25 PM) *
why do ppl feel the need to bash the site there currently on when posting bullshyt they think is right... that shyt is pretty homosexual if you ask me...

your bigotry aside, I will agree that the thread is pointless.
HazConvictedFelonMane
C'mon man. Monday Night Footballin' on this thread. Where's Chris Berman when you need him?
Cshel86
Sigh...Since the other thread that said it did 850k used the same site that this article came from, ended up getting closed, duplicated, closed, opened, etc...I will leave it open. If my memory serves me right, the same person started the 850k thread, but oh well. Seems like there's been a love/hate wave of Pacquiao threads being opened since last week, so it would be unfair for me to close this one.

There's really no need to close it anyway...besides, the title of it is only bashing the site that this space cadet is posting on, and nobody knows if the numbers are accurate, but hey, who am I to judge? Really though, there's no need for me to intervene, nothing wrong is going here dntknw.gif

Oh...where is Deevel79's crazy ass at?
Hotsauce
here we go again

i heard at least 5 different numbers
Romulus9
One boxing insider says the following:

"Guys, my info from within the Mayweather camp tells me that Floyd is not too happy with GBP right about now, because of PPV number, 770,000 buys. Not good, specially when 1.7 million were forecast."

Ouch.
thehype
QUOTE (Xception2ThRule @ Oct 24 2011, 08:00 PM) *

LMAO

Is this the same fucking website that told you a couple weeks ago that it was 850,000 buys?

LMFAO

I love fucking threads like this from fucking idiots who are just looking to grab onto something to say, "I TOLD YOU MAYWEATHER WASN'T THIS OR THAT!"

laugh.gif

I LOVE IT!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Expect an official announcement soon...and the number will be HIGHER than the guess of 1.15 that Chris Mannix has made.

More than likely, it will be 1.25 million, with additional numbers expected to trickle in.

Fucking idiots. LOL.
thehype
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Oct 24 2011, 09:44 PM) *

"Guys, my info from within the Mayweather camp tells me that Floyd is not too happy with GBP right about now, because of PPV number, 770,000 buys. Not good, specially when 1.7 million were forecast."

Ouch.

GTFOH. What fucking "info from within the Mayweather camp" is this boxing insider getting? Who the hell said that? Who are all these fucking people that are supposedly talking to sources inside the Mayweather camp?

laugh.gif
Romulus9
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 24 2011, 10:19 PM) *
LMAO

Is this the same fucking website that told you a couple weeks ago that it was 850,000 buys?

LMFAO

I love fucking threads like this from fucking idiots who are just looking to grab onto something to say, "I TOLD YOU MAYWEATHER WASN'T THIS OR THAT!"

laugh.gif

I LOVE IT!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Expect an official announcement soon...and the number will be HIGHER than the guess of 1.15 that Chris Mannix has made.

More than likely, it will be 1.25 million, with additional numbers expected to trickle in.

Fucking idiots. LOL.

Regardless of the actual number, any idea on the reason for the delay? I can't remember it EVER taking this long for an official number to be released. Just seems strange.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (PalookaJoe @ Oct 25 2011, 01:07 PM) *
Not a credible website though, man. I'll wait for an actual source to come out with the numbers.

Haha, so they finally worked out who you are.
thehype
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Oct 24 2011, 09:31 PM) *
here we go again

i heard at least 5 different numbers

Yeah, and the only two that are the closest are us and Fat Man Scoop....give or take 50K!
zucrates
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Oct 24 2011, 09:44 PM) *

Ouch.

I know that Fight Hype can contact May(So could you call him and get an estimate" higher than million or lower than a million no exacts") and I Know May is only holding the numbers because it's a business move he will release his numbers after The Pac fight to give him power at the negotiation table lots of people watched that fight that night at bars, fight parties or at the movie theater there is noway he did low numbers the way everyone talked about that fight the next day all over the world May is a business man first his nick name is Money so picture him not being able to make it imo He's way smarter than a lot of people think. dntknw.gif
thehype
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Oct 24 2011, 10:21 PM) *
Regardless of the actual number, any idea on the reason for the delay? I can't remember it EVER taking this long for an official number to be released. Just seems strange.

Who cares about the fucking reason for the delay? Who cares about the fucking numbers to begin with? Some of y'all are acting like you're getting paid off the final numbers.

laugh.gif

I mean, I can name a TON of fights that I never even HEARD the final numbers for. Christ, we still haven't gotten an official number on Pacquiao-Mosley. Showtime ain't never releases those numbers. Come on, man.

According to Dan Rafael, it had something to do with taxes...I don't know if that's true or not, but damn, seriously, why the hell is everyone so worried about numbers that have no impact on you...hell, it doesn't even impact the sport. The numbers from this PPV are not going to impact whether or not Pacquiao and Floyd fight. The only thing that makes that fight is the tests...and the only person standing in the way of that is Bob Arum.

An official announcement will come when they're ready to make it....which will probably be soon....and it will probably be around 1.25-1.3....with a few more numbers expected to trickle in. The final numbers will probably be adjusted and tallied 6 months after the fight....just like they were for De La Hoya-Mayweather.

laugh.gif
Xception2ThRule
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 24 2011, 10:19 PM) *
LMAO

LMFAO

laugh.gif

I LOVE IT!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Fucking idiots. LOL.

Are you laughing or crying?

And why did you change the title of the thread?
thehype
QUOTE (zucrates @ Oct 24 2011, 10:25 PM) *
I know that Fight Hype can contact May(So could you call him and get an estimate" higher than million or lower than a million no exacts") and I Know May is only holding the numbers because it's a business move he will release his numbers after The Pac fight to give him power at the negotiation table lots of people watched that fight that night at bars, fight parties or at the movie theater there is noway he did low numbers the way everyone talked about that fight the next day all over the world May is a business man first his nick name is Money so picture him not being able to make it imo He's way smarter than a lot of people think. dntknw.gif

WE ALREADY TOLD YOU WHAT OUR SOURCE GAVE US....AT LEAST 1.3 MILLION THEY SAID BACK AT THE END OF SEPTEMBER.

I don't know why I would keep calling anyone from Mayweather's camp when I already told you the number we heard. You guys are the ones who are choosing to believe everyone else but us.

Like I said, expect 1.25-1.3 million!
thehype
QUOTE (Xception2ThRule @ Oct 24 2011, 10:32 PM) *

I'm LAUGHING MY ASS OFF...HENCE THE REASON FOR POSTING LMAO!

And I changed the title of the thread because 1) I can and 2) because what was the point of saying "so much for FightHype's guaranteed' when you have no fucking idea if the site your sourcing is correct...especially when they just reported a week ago that it was 850K?
Romulus9
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 24 2011, 10:32 PM) *
Who cares about the fucking reason for the delay? Who cares about the fucking numbers to begin with? Some of y'all are acting like you're getting paid off the final numbers.

laugh.gif

I mean, I can name a TON of fights that I never even HEARD the final numbers for. Christ, we still haven't gotten an official number on Pacquiao-Mosley. Showtime ain't never releases those numbers. Come on, man.

According to Dan Rafael, it had something to do with taxes...I don't know if that's true or not, but damn, seriously, why the hell is everyone so worried about numbers that have no impact on you...hell, it doesn't even impact the sport. The numbers from this PPV are not going to impact whether or not Pacquiao and Floyd fight. The only thing that makes that fight is the tests...and the only person standing in the way of that is Bob Arum.

An official announcement will come when they're ready to make it....which will probably be soon....and it will probably be around 1.25-1.3....with a few more numbers expected to trickle in. The final numbers will probably be adjusted and tallied 6 months after the fight....just like they were for De La Hoya-Mayweather.

laugh.gif

Okay.

Lesson learned.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 25 2011, 03:32 PM) *

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

In all fairness I think numbers are a facet of PPV boxing that fans are interested in. I mean the initial estimate was interesting enough for you to run a story on your front page titled "Mayweather STILL the PPV king" or words to that effect.

For me and a lot of others I will be curious to see what the final figures are. I guess it is just a part of whole modern experience of being a fight fan. Who is the trainer? What is the result? What were the PPV figures? It's part of the package now.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Xception2ThRule @ Oct 24 2011, 10:32 PM) *

Sigh...uh ohhh...heros are always the first to get sacrificed, smh...
PalookaJoe
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 24 2011, 09:40 PM) *
In all fairness I think numbers are a facet of PPV boxing that fans are interested in. I mean the initial estimate was interesting enough for you to run a story on your front page titled "Mayweather STILL the PPV king" or words to that effect.

For me and a lot of others I will be curious to see what the final figures are. I guess it is just a part of whole modern experience of being a fight fan. Who is the trainer? What is the result? What were the PPV figures? It's part of the package now.

Also fighters base their marketability on PPV#'s so I think it's interesting to follow those numbers. That's how we base someone's popularity on. I mean the thing could have done 500K and it wouldn't matter at the end of the day. Floyd's still getting paid and he'll get paid for his next fight and the fight after that, and so on until he retires for good.

So in that sense the numbers don't really matter, it's just another aspect to the sport that we as fans follow, as you said.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (PalookaJoe @ Oct 25 2011, 03:45 PM) *
Also fighters base their marketability on PPV#'s so I think it's interesting to follow those numbers. That's how we base someone's popularity on. I mean the thing could have done 500K and it wouldn't matter at the end of the day. Floyd's still getting paid and he'll get paid for his next fight and the fight after that, and so on until he retires for good.

So in that sense the numbers don't really matter, it's just another aspect to the sport that we as fans follow, as you said.

I might add BM that there are two things Floyd really hangs his hat on: his unbeaten record and his PPV numbers.

Sure FH has some pretty good access to him so you would have to give them the inside running on what the final figures are likely to be but at the same time anytime there are alternate numbers floated out there people are gonna bite and show some interest.
thehype
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 24 2011, 10:40 PM) *

I'm not saying fans can't be interested in them, but god damn, some of y'all are OBSESSED with them. That's all I'm getting at. I mean, how many fucking threads have been created about it already? We ran our story over a month ago, and since then, there's been all kinds of guesses, assumptions, inaccurate information, totally off numbers, conspiracy theories, you name it. It's fucking crazy. I mean, even this thread right here is sourcing a site that told you two weeks ago the number was 850K, and now all of a sudden, they're telling you it's 1.15 and that's taken as fact as though the site is credible. Even now, somebody else is saying 700K...all the while, it seems like people are just eager to say, "So much for FightHype this" and "Fight reporting inaccurate that". WTF? How about FightHype is the only place that stood firm on their initial number? How about FightHype is the only place reporting numbers similar to what Dan Rafael is hearing (give or take 50K)? How about, "Damn, maybe FightHype wasn't that far off in the first place. I guess Mayweather can sell even when his opponent is new to the PPV scene. I wonder how much revenue that generated given that this PPV was more expensive than normal."

It's always negative, negative, NEGATIVE shit coming out of the mouths of some y'all. I mean, are we really fans of the sport? Or are we just bitter haters of certain fighters?

dntknw.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 25 2011, 03:56 PM) *
How about FightHype is the only place that stood firm on their initial number? How about FightHype is the only place reporting numbers similar to what Dan Rafael is hearing (give or take 50K)? How about, "Damn, maybe FightHype wasn't that far off in the first place. I guess Mayweather can sell even when his opponent is new to the PPV scene. I wonder how much revenue that generated given that this PPV was more expensive than normal."

It's always negative, negative, NEGATIVE shit coming out of the mouths of some y'all. I mean, are we really fans of the sport? Or are we just bitter haters of certain fighters?

dntknw.gif

Well I guess the people that have started threads doubting the numbers you reported will have to eat crow when the 'official' figures come out.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 24 2011, 10:56 PM) *
I'm not saying fans can't be interested in them, but god damn, some of y'all are OBSESSED with them. That's all I'm getting at. I mean, how many fucking threads have been created about it already? We ran our story over a month ago, and since then, there's been all kinds of guesses, assumptions, inaccurate information, totally off numbers, conspiracy theories, you name it. It's fucking crazy. I mean, even this thread right here is sourcing a site that told you two weeks ago the number was 850K, and now all of a sudden, they're telling you it's 1.15 and that's taken as fact as though the site is credible. Even now, somebody else is saying 700K...all the while, it seems like people are just eager to say, "So much for FightHype this" and "Fight reporting inaccurate that". WTF? How about FightHype is the only place that stood firm on their initial number? How about FightHype is the only place reporting numbers similar to what Dan Rafael is hearing (give or take 50K)? How about, "Damn, maybe FightHype wasn't that far off in the first place. I guess Mayweather can sell even when his opponent is new to the PPV scene. I wonder how much revenue that generated given that this PPV was more expensive than normal."

dntknw.gif

The finger should be pointed at the same poster who keeps making these threads and implicating FH over and over, not anyone else.

By the way, isn't the site that the OP posted the same site that had some 'writer' keep hating Pacquiao over and over before the Hatton, Cotto, Clottey and Margarito fights? Not cool man.
kingknockout
seems like the boxing game is just like the rap game when it comes to sales...

alot of rap fans these days argue and debate over what artist is going to sell what number wise....plastic, gold or platinum.....seems like it's the same thing with boxing....who's selling the most PPV wise, pacman or mayweather..

but like other's have said, who cares.
Xception2ThRule
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 24 2011, 10:56 PM) *

dntknw.gif

You jumped the gun with your article days after the fight stating a MINIMUM GUARANTEE of 1.3 Million PPV Buys. Now you are changing your tune and saying it is "somewhere around there" and "Damn, maybe FightHype wasn't too far off in the first place???" LOL.

You diss "Fat Man Scoop" every time he is brought up, but now you are turning to him for credibility in a time of need. How convenient.

Just remember: you reported a MINIMUM of 1.3 Million PPV buys. If your "inside sources" are so credible and you are so sure, why are you changing your tune? Just admit that you made a mistake and you jumped the gun in order to proclaim your boy Floyd P4P King of PPV.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Xception2ThRule @ Oct 24 2011, 11:07 PM) *
You jumped the gun with your article days after the fight stating a MINIMUM GUARANTEE of 1.3 Million PPV Buys. Now you are changing your tune and saying it is "somewhere around there" and "Damn, maybe FightHype wasn't too far off in the first place???" LOL.

You diss "Fat Man Scoop" every time he is brought up, but now you are turning to him for credibility in a time of need. How convenient.

Just remember: you reported a MINIMUM of 1.3 Million PPV buys. If your "inside sources" are so credible and you are so sure, why are you changing your tune? Just admit that you made a mistake and you jumped the gun in order to proclaim your boy Floyd P4P King of PPV.

Sigh...man you're worse than Deevel79, smh. I already see where this is going...
thehype
QUOTE (Xception2ThRule @ Oct 24 2011, 11:07 PM) *

I didn't jump any gun you dumb fuck. I reported my numbers from my source AFTER Kevin Iole reported his numbers (1.3-1.4 million) and before Rafael reported his numbers (1.2-1.25 million) and Steve Kim reported his numbers (800K) and Chris Mannix reported his numbers (1.15 million). And nobody is "turning" to Fat Man Scoop, nor do I even "diss" him...I simply point out the fact that he NEVER gives credit to anyone else and is blind as a bat when it comes to scoring the fights of certain fighters. I wouldn't say that's "dissing" him or his credibility...nor would I say I'm "conveniently" turning to him. And I'm not changing my tune....I still said 1.3 million. I simply said an official release will probably come out saying 1.25 million with numbers still expected to trickle in. When it's all said and done, I expect the final tally to be over 1.3. So no, I made no mistake...unless, of course, you're implying everyone else also made a mistake with the wrong numbers...in which case, okay, I guess we were ALL wrong since nobody gave you the exact fucking number. I'll tell you what is convenient though...getting rid of dumb asses like yourself who CLEARLY has some sort of ax to grind with FightHype.

laugh.gif
thehype
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's good to be the king!
Cshel86
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 24 2011, 11:18 PM) *
I'll tell you what is convenient though...getting rid of dumb asses like yourself who CLEARLY has some sort of ax to grind with FightHype.
laugh.gif

Oooo!!! Ooo me! Me! Me!
Cshel86
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 24 2011, 11:38 PM) *
Quit wackin' off behind that desk.

Lmao! What gave me away?
Hotsauce
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 24 2011, 09:22 PM) *
Yeah, and the only two that are the closest are us and Fat Man Scoop....give or take 50K!

i just hope that hbo confirms the ppv buys

im tired of people talking about it

the fans ain't getting paid
Hotsauce
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Oct 24 2011, 10:05 PM) *
seems like the boxing game is just like the rap game when it comes to sales...

alot of rap fans these days argue and debate over what artist is going to sell what number wise....plastic, gold or platinum.....seems like it's the same thing with boxing....who's selling the most PPV wise, pacman or mayweather..

but like other's have said, who cares.

damn

this is spot on
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 25 2011, 01:56 PM) *
How about FightHype is the only place reporting numbers similar to what Dan Rafael is hearing (give or take 50K)? How about, "Damn, maybe FightHype wasn't that far off in the first place. I guess Mayweather can sell even when his opponent is new to the PPV scene. I wonder how much revenue that generated given that this PPV was more expensive than normal."

I think that you do tend to be accurate with what info you put out there & don't recall any bum steers you have given me over the years. My opinion is anything under 1M is a poor result. Anthionnt between 1-1.5M is a good but expected result & anything over 1.5M is a great result.

QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 25 2011, 01:56 PM) *

I am a boxing fan first & a Mayweather hater second.

Jack 1000
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 24 2011, 09:56 PM) *

dntknw.gif

COSIGN!

Jack
thehype
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 24 2011, 11:27 PM) *
It was a legitimate question about the delay. Also you obviously care about the numbers, otherwise you would never have mentioned them previously or right now.

Also I don't know if it was a coincidence or not, but for someone that is too busy to check the boards as you have said in the past, you got here pretty quick to make a cameo appearance on talking PPV numbers about Mayweather. Just saying that numbers clearly matter to some people like yourself and other posters.

When I see threads on the HOME PAGE OF THE SITE that read "IT LOOKS LIKE FIGHTHYPE WAS WRONG" or something to that nature, OF COURSE I'M GOING TO JUMP IN IT IMMEDIATELY!

DUH!

dntknw.gif

And again, nobody said it wasn't a "legitimate question"....I'm just saying, who fucking cares what the delay is? I mean, for what it's worth, I think I DID answer the question by telling him what Dan Rafael was saying...the tax issues...but for all we know, it could be that they just didn't want to yet, or they using it as some kind of leverage for further negotiations, or whatever the fucking reason is, but at the end of the day, what fucking difference does it make? What difference does it REALLY make as to what the reason for the delay is?

dntknw.gif

Also, I don't know if it's just coincidence or not, but for someone who claims to support the site, you sure are pretty quick to pop off anytime I have something to say. I don't know...maybe it's just me getting a little irritated with some folks around here.

dntknw.gif
thehype
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 24 2011, 11:38 PM) *
There's only one person on this thread who is obviously obsessed with the FMJ v Ortiz numbers . . . and it aint the dude who just got banned.

Nope...it ain't me...but I am getting irritated with certain folks around here constantly starting threads that say "FIGHTHYPE THIS" or "FIGHTHYPE THAT" in the fucking title.

I think I have the right to respond and act accordingly if someone is looking for that kind of attention, right? You got a problem with that?
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 24 2011, 10:06 PM) *
Nope...it ain't me...but I am getting irritated with certain folks around here constantly starting threads that say "FIGHTHYPE THIS" or "FIGHTHYPE THAT" in the fucking title.

I think I have the right to respond and act accordingly if someone is looking for that kind of attention, right? You got a problem with that?
I have supported this site and praised you, pcraw, etc since I stumbled upon it nearly 2 years ago. I have appreciated your efforts and your forum for most of that two years. Then, about the same time that The Summer of Feces Sandwiches began (back in May) something happened. It didn't just happen to the forum and the front page. It happened to you.

It's your site. You "have the right" to do anything legal you prefer. You can pound your chest and crow about how it is good to be king. You can piss on those who have supported your board for many more years than I have been around and tell them that if they don't like it they can go start their own site. You can digitally fluff that punk ass piece of shit, FMJ, with your camera. You can make little power hungry brown shirt kiss ass punks moderators to go on banishment and thread closure sprees.

You can also take your site and go fuck yourself. You're the king gnat on a monkey's ass.

You got a problem with that?

STEVENSKI
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 25 2011, 04:06 PM) *

Here have one you sound like you need one.

STEVENSKI
Looks like Smarty may have been on a large scale bender & the above post is the end result.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Wow, just wow.

That was just like watching a large scale car crash.
Hotsauce
LMAO its getting heated

i got my popcorn
ViperSniper
LOL!
Deevel79
Still not an "official" #. Have we forgotten? Floyd is trying to pull a fast one on the IRS by withholding the actual buy #'s until he finalizes a settlement for back taxes that he owes. LOL. Even funnier is.....People are actually buying this excuse!
Deevel79
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 24 2011, 10:40 PM) *

LOL.....Hype got owned!
thehype
1) I haven't made continuous threads about it.

2) I reported it once, just like everyone else does because it's customary.

3) Since then, everyone else has become OBSESSED about the numbers, blowing up my email, starting multiple threads about mulitple inaccurate numbers.

4) Again, nobody is crediting Dan Rafael. I simply pointed out that he said 1.2-1.25 and I said 1.3. That's it. I also mentioned Kevin Iole and a slew of other people who gave different numbers. Not once did I say, "That guy has the right number."

5) Take my site and go fuck myself? Okay...cool...I gotcha.

6) Hype got owned? I don't think so. Check this out...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.