Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd Mayweather vs 1988 Mike Tyson
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
bosco
Floyd Mayweather Jr vs 1988 Mike Tyson at Heavyweight...who wins? While Mike Tyson Had 1 punch knockout power and excellent head movement, speed and seemed to be invincible...Mayweather with his defense and pin point accurate right hand leads and counter punching could give Iron Mike fits. Plus Floyd is a much smarter fighter. I say Mayweather uses his foot movement and excellent timing to squeak out a split decision. What are your thoughts?
checkleft
Were being sarcastic again right?
Fitz
This is why people stopped posting. Stupid troll threads like this.

These are the type of threads that should be closed. Very immature IMO.
zucrates
QUOTE (bosco @ Oct 24 2011, 09:47 PM) *
Floyd Mayweather Jr vs 1988 Mike Tyson at Heavyweight...who wins? While Mike Tyson Had 1 punch knockout power and excellent head movement, speed and seemed to be invincible...Mayweather with his defense and pin point accurate right hand leads and counter punching could give Iron Mike fits. Plus Floyd is a much smarter fighter. I say Mayweather uses his foot movement and excellent timing to squeak out a split decision. What are your thoughts?

Stop playing Tyson was Fast as shit in 88 if Shane Mosley buckeld May like that what do you think a Tyson punch would do? Tyson vs Mayweather this is a joke! focus.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Tyson would ultimately prevail but he would have to find a way through Floyd's awesome shoulder roll defence first.
Romulus9
QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 24 2011, 09:54 PM) *
This is why people stopped posting. Stupid troll threads like this.

These are the type of threads that should be closed. Very immature IMO.

*sigh*

+1
kidbazooka1
WTF this sh*t is ridiculouse.

To the poster how long have you been watching boxing?

Whats next Ricardo Lopez vs Ali.

And to the one's who actually asnwered with a prediction. nono.gif
Cshel86
Romulus9
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 24 2011, 10:13 PM) *

Cshel... you really have no idea how right you are.

Spot on post.

Spot by God on.
gravytrain
i think he would probably kill Mayweather at HW.
Cshel86
Man Floyd has the best defense in the world! Nobody touches guy from 147 to 250. I heard he was negotiating a fight with the Klitz bros., but he wanted too much money...somewhere in the neighborhood of $100M. Sr. even told the world that Floyd would've beat Tyson back in the 90's, but Tysin refused to take the test.

He says, "maaaan look, look here, check me out...Floyd's the best from the Midwest, I must confess, and for the rest, there's no con-test,...he's the greatest of all time, and he'll shock yo mind. Take the test, and he'll put 'em to rest."

Anymore more mumbo jumbo?
Romulus9
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 24 2011, 10:27 PM) *
Man Floyd has the best defense in the world! Nobody touches guy from 147 to 250. I heard he was negotiating a fight with the Klitz bros., but he wanted too much money...somewhere in the neighborhood of $100M. Sr. even told the world that Floyd would've beat Tyson back in the 90's, but Tysin refused to take the test.

He says, "maaaan look, look here, check me out...Floyd's the best from the Midwest, I must confess, and for the rest, there's no con-test,...he's the greatest of all time, and he'll shock yo mind. Take the test, and he'll put 'em to rest."

Anymore more mumbo jumbo?

Mean Mister Mustard
Usually when dumb threads get started, the FH community finds a way to make them fun. This thread is beyond that.
JONdaCON817
hahahahahah.... Floyd would win by KO and hed do it coming in at WW... Tyson has NO POWER, lmao...

oh and about the Negotiations with the Klits, CShels, actually it was to fight both of them at the same time.. but they declined because they didnt wanna lose thier belts together.... this is an AWESOME thread!!!!
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 24 2011, 09:27 PM) *

He says, "maaaan look, look here, check me out...Floyd's the best from the Midwest, I must confess, and for the rest, there's no con-test,...he's the greatest of all time, and he'll shock yo mind. Take the test, and he'll put 'em to rest."Anymore more mumbo jumbo?

LMFAOROFL!!!!!!!! holy moly i juss pissed myself!!
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Oct 24 2011, 09:19 PM) *
i think he would probably kill Mayweather at HW.

Literally.
Cshel86
Hahahaha!!! I heard the Klitz were gonna fight him at the same time in a tag-team handicap boxing match. Whenever Floyd lands that 1-2 and puts one of them on their asses, and they happen to make the 8-count, then they tag the other brother in and continue to fight. Floyd has trained for 15 rounds, just in case it happens to go the distance. I heard the weigh-in was crazy man!
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 24 2011, 09:13 PM) *

+1
Cshel86
Dang guys...no more insults or sarcasm? Yall suck! laugh.gif
bosco
I think Floyd would be a little to sharp for Tyson..I could even picture Tyson throwing a haymaker from hell and missing and throw his shoulder out and quit like Vitali Klitschko
Jack 1000
We have to close asinine threads like this. Sorry, but posts like this turn our forum into a big joke. Make matchups realistic and meaningful. This is bullshit. At least have the common sense to put two fighters within no more than one division of each other when you make to do comparisons. We have people who put a lot of time into boxing here. But this thread is shit. It is done!

CLOSED!

Jack

Administrator
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.