Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trinidad v Mayweather 147
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
lloyd mayflower
What are your thoughts on this one guys?

All I can say is that half the arguements that take place here about Floyd/Pac would never have materialised, because Tito would have had his way with Floyd. No way Floyd could keep Tito off him and we would see a brutal destruction. If Floyd got through the early rounds it might become a little more competitive but I dont see Tito letting this one go long enough for Floyd to make his adjustments.
leonthegee
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 25 2011, 03:12 AM) *

All I can say is that half the arguements that take place here about Floyd/Pac would never have materialised, because Tito would have had his way with Floyd. No way Floyd could keep Tito off him and we would see a brutal destruction. If Floyd got through the early rounds it might become a little more competitive but I dont see Tito letting this one go long enough for Floyd to make his adjustments.

Are you kidding me Titos a big puncher but hes clumbsy. He wouldnt be able to walk Floyd down. He couldnt even walk down Oscar and Floyds much more athletic and more mobile than Oscar. You guys kill me. lol
lloyd mayflower
Is that it? Come on man I know you're a nuthugger but you're just dismissing fucking Felix Trinidad? He was a wrecking machine, and forget about what happened in Tito v Oscar. A prime Oscar would have wiped his arse with Floyd too.
leonthegee
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 25 2011, 03:38 AM) *
Is that it? Come on man I know you're a nuthugger but you're just dismissing fucking Felix Trinidad? He was a wrecking machine, and forget about what happened in Tito v Oscar. A prime Oscar would have wiped his arse with Floyd too.

Im a nuthugger. Your the one having Pac beat a prime Hearns and SRR. Thats just crasy bro. Im not saying Felix isnt a beast but hes limited as a boxer. He is clumbsy. A prime Oscar you can make an argument for no question about that. Oscars got height, reach, and a great jab which is what you need to have against a boxer like Floyd. But Tito doesnt have the skill or the tools to beat Floyd. A prime Oscar and Hearns are the top two candidates. Or you have to a supurb pressure fighter with skill like Aaron Pryor.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 25 2011, 07:02 AM) *
Im a nuthugger. Your the one having Pac beat a prime Hearns and SRR. Thats just crasy bro. Im not saying Felix isnt a beast but hes limited as a boxer. He is clumbsy. A prime Oscar you can make an argument for no question about that. Oscars got height, reach, and a great jab which is what you need to have against a boxer like Floyd. But Tito doesnt have the skill or the tools to beat Floyd. A prime Oscar and Hearns are the top two candidates. Or you have to a supurb pressure fighter with skill like Aaron Pryor.

This is a very interesting fantasy match up. I agree, Tito was crazy at this weight. He punished cats to no end. He had a good reach and power in both mitts. However, like leon said, Tito had a problem w/ movement. If you could turn Tito, he had to regroup and plod forward again. In addition, Tito was always prone to the early round knockdown. I dunno, it seems as though he couldn't get started until he was dropped early on. I would like Floyd's chances better at 140, rather than 147, simply b/c Floyd doesn't seem to move as much.

I dunno....If we're being honest, legit cases for both fighters winning can be made easily.
HazConvictedFelonMane
I fail to understand the validity of pondering fights that are never going to happen. You guys are making a mockery of a good site by posting these lame ass threads. Is there not enough going on in the boxing world?
Plah
Nice thread. As you said, Tito was a wrecking machine. But we saw what DLH did and I feel that would be the blueprint for Floyd. And Floyd would not "run" in the last 4 rounds. Now, It won't be an easy win for Floyd tho.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Oct 25 2011, 01:09 PM) *
I fail to understand the validity of pondering fights that are never going to happen. You guys are making a mockery of a good site by posting these lame ass threads. Is there not enough going on in the boxing world?

Mythical matchups were part of this site LONG before you brought your unique brand of stupidity round here
Mean Mister Mustard
Styles make fights, and as a result I would argue that Tito gives Mayweather as tough a fight as anyone else has ever given him.

Take a look at Victoriano Sosa, he had a similar stance, guard and foot movement than Trinidad. The difference of course is that Sosa was a lightweight and much faster but Tito hit a lot harder and had more precision. He didn't really need to have fast legs because he was good at hitting you with those precise nukes of his. DLH was outlanding him for 8 rounds, but most of them were jabs, everything was missing. Meanwhile Tito was bidding his time, catching with little shots here and there, not wasting too much energy, and sure enough DLH's arms got tired and all he could do was run for 4 rounds. Don't buy that BS about knowing he had the fight in the bag, mofo got tired, plain and simple, and it was all because of Tito's perfect technique and intimidating presence.

If I were a betting man I'd put my money on Mayweather, because I think he would be able to land a lot of jabs, but he'd have to eat powershots to the head and body and I just don't know how he would handle that for 12 rounds. Remember that his frame is smaller, while Trinidad was a big welterweight.My guess is that PBF puts in enough rounds in the bank to win a decision, but man those late rounds would be hell for his fans as they would have to endure the sight of a tired, probably bloody Mayweather trying to do everything to get away form the Puerto Rican Bulldozer.
Vaughn831
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 25 2011, 06:12 AM) *

Floyd would outbox Trinidad all the way. I give Tito maybe 5 rounds out of twelve on the cards.
Floyd has to much skill for Tito. No boxer has ever been in the ring with someone as skilled, disciplined, or crafty and with such great defense as Floyd. He is from another planet. The best P4P EVER period. Hate if you want but you gotta respect him for what he is able to do inside that squared circle

lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Vaughn831 @ Oct 25 2011, 02:23 PM) *
Floyd would outbox Trinidad all the way. I give Tito maybe 5 rounds out of twelve on the cards.
Floyd has to much skill for Tito. No boxer has ever been in the ring with someone as skilled, disciplined, or crafty and with such great defense as Floyd. He is from another planet. The best P4P EVER period. Hate if you want but you gotta respect him for what he is able to do inside that squared circle

You cant be taken seriously till you address the questions asked of you in the Kell Brook thread. You never replaied to the guys who called you on your bullshit claims about Brook beating Khan. Your opinion cant be taken seriously.
JONdaCON817
This would be an amazing fight. Remember the Castillo fight? That'd be Tito but he'd be landing bombs with both hands. I think May would get an early KD but only to fuel Titos fire and score one himself. That was a kid with crazy power for his size and he Prolly woulda had May running baccwards to a UD loss. His pressure bursts pipes and his power knocced ppls bloccs off!!
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Vaughn831 @ Oct 25 2011, 10:23 AM) *

There was a boxer called Sugar Ray Robinson back in the day.
Cshel86
I see Floyd outquicking him and outlanding him, but Tito wasn't a pushover by any means. I dont think Floyd would've engaged as much as he did Castillo, because I see Tito being quicker than Castillo, so yes, he would've presented several problems for him. Tito's power and decent speed woud've kept Floyd on the defense the whole night.
Maxy
QUOTE (Vaughn831 @ Oct 25 2011, 09:23 AM) *

You are an embarrassment to a once great forum.

The fact that idiots like yourself are still here and many of the best posters have since departed, says everything anyone needs to know about the demise of fighthype.

The worst thing is I believe you are 100% serious.
jlupi
QUOTE (Vaughn831 @ Oct 25 2011, 10:23 AM) *

LOL, so its a blow out that trinidad looses by one round???????

Lets also not forget that floyds comp is not all that great in a historical sense. He went life and death w JCC's sparring partner for christ sakes.
wolterb
lol theres some thick vapors in this thread in all corners

i guess its possible fm jr could neutralize titos offense...oscar fucked up trinidads game with footwork
leonthegee
QUOTE (wolterb @ Oct 25 2011, 10:02 AM) *

i guess its possible fm jr could neutralize titos offense...oscar fucked up trinidads game with footwork

Its ridiculous really. A couple weeks ago there were people on here trying to make a case for Jessie James Leija. That just shows you how silly this shit is.
wolterb
haha. i dont have a problem with outrageous claims just so long as there is some sort of evidence supporting it...or if there isn't and they get called out on it, accept it, and move on.
Cshel86
QUOTE (wolterb @ Oct 25 2011, 03:22 PM) *
haha. i dont have a problem with outrageous claims just so long as there is some sort of evidence supporting it...or if there isn't and they get called out on it, accept it, and move on.

+1
Unfortunately, some dont know how to do that, lol.
EAlbian
I love Tito but I have to say Floyd. Tito didn't like movement and was there to be turned. Floyd has him moving with his feet never getting the chance to set. In a small ring its Tito's fight but you know that this would be in a huge ring with Mayweather moving, a lot. Terrible fight imo. Floyd doesn't drop Tito either.

Better fights:

Tito vs Mosley @147

Tito vs Forrest @147

Tito vs Martinez @154

Tito vs Williams @147
Cshel86
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Oct 25 2011, 04:05 PM) *
I love Tito but I have to say Floyd. Tito didn't like movement and was there to be turned. Floyd has him moving with his feet never getting the chance to set. In a small ring its Tito's fight but you know that this would be in a huge ring with Mayweather moving, a lot. Terrible fight imo. Floyd doesn't drop Tito either.

Better fights:

Tito vs Mosley @147

Tito vs Forrest @147

Tito vs Martinez @154

Tito vs Williams @147

+1
To this day, Im wondering why Mosley or Forrest never fought Trinidad...or the other way around.
zucrates
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 25 2011, 07:12 AM) *

Imo Tito wouldn't beat Floyd because of his Boxing skills Truth Be told Tito Really should have lost to De lahoya I think DLH won out right but they say he lost because he ran in the last round so if he wouldn't have choose to do that he would have won from their point of view. Tito had great power but his foot work wasn't that would have been his disadvantage look what happen against Roy and Bernard. It would have been a close fight but Floyd wins the Decision
rap.gif
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (zucrates @ Oct 25 2011, 04:10 PM) *
Imo Tito wouldn't beat Floyd because of his Boxing skills Truth Be told Tito Really should have lost to De lahoya I think DLH won out right but they say he lost because he ran in the last round so if he wouldn't have choose to do that he would have won from their point of view. Tito had great power but his foot work wasn't that would have been his disadvantage look what happen against Roy and Bernard. It would have been a close fight but Floyd wins the Decision
rap.gif

the last round? he started runnning after the 5th!!....lol
bnoles4life
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Oct 25 2011, 05:54 PM) *
the last round? he started runnning after the 5th!!....lol

DLH donned his track shoes 'round the 8th round.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 25 2011, 06:52 PM) *
DLH donned his track shoes 'round the 8th round.

You may be right. Deff wasn't the last, I was being a bit sarcastic. Anyone else remember? I knew it was early!
bnoles4life
QUOTE (JONdaCON817 @ Oct 25 2011, 07:32 PM) *
You may be right. Deff wasn't the last, I was being a bit sarcastic. Anyone else remember? I knew it was early!

Yep...it was Round 8......your post inspired me to youtube it.....sure as hell, it was Rd. 8. However, after watching it, (with the sound down....freak'n Lampley and George Foreman...geeesh) the first 7 rounds weren't the landslide as so many made them out to be. There were some early rounds (2 and poss. 5), that I could see going to Tito. 1, 3, 4, (poss.)5, 6 & 7 went to Oscar, 8 was another close one...9-12..put some chicken in that shit, cuz it was wrap. Tito swept those joints, regardless of how hard Lampley was trying to blow Oscar, while commentating.
Hops
In their primes, both Tito and DLH would beat the crap out of Mayweather.
BoxingEinstein

Mayweather wins by UD because of his foot work and calculated movement. He would use Tito's aggression against him and use a lot of pull counter punches to off set Tito. I like Tito and this would be a chess match with Mayweather leading it. From what I've seen Tito doesn't like boxers that uses a quick jab and that can move him. Mayweather can do this at a whole nother level. I see Tito winning the first 3 rounds at best. I respect what Tito has done for the sport and he is one of my fave class of fighters I like to watch but Floyd's ring IQ and smarts helps him to get a UD.

now....Prime Mosley vs Trinidad at 147?? would've been amazing!!! I wished that fight would have happened. What a war between two warrios with power and speed. Great match up.

I see Vernon taking out Tito within the 11th round by controlling him with the jab and letting loose with the occasional right hand bombs if Tito tries to pressure harder.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 26 2011, 12:43 PM) *
Yep...it was Round 8......your post inspired me to youtube it.....sure as hell, it was Rd. 8. However, after watching it, (with the sound down....freak'n Lampley and George Foreman...geeesh) the first 7 rounds weren't the landslide as so many made them out to be. There were some early rounds (2 and poss. 5), that I could see going to Tito. 1, 3, 4, (poss.)5, 6 & 7 went to Oscar, 8 was another close one...9-12..put some chicken in that shit, cuz it was wrap. Tito swept those joints, regardless of how hard Lampley was trying to blow Oscar, while commentating.

I agree with that. I backed Tito heavily to win a decision & whilst I won it felt a bit tainted. I rewatched the fight with no commentary & I had Tito winning 7-5 but it could have been 7-5 DLH as well especially with the pom pom brigade.
STEVENSKI
As for Tito vs ole cuntfeatures I can see cunty edging a decision but I happen to think that cunty will taste the left hook early & if he gets caught flush it is night night cuntfeatures.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (wolterb @ Oct 25 2011, 01:02 PM) *

+1. Yeah, I'm doubting Floyd's tongue would be dragging on the canvas such as the case w/ Oscar's.
wolterb
^ right. thatd be my guess too.
that said, tito's punches always looked ferocious and i think he'd have less trouble landing and breaking through mayweather's guard than other opponents have. i think it'd be a great fight but like others alluded to already - probably a lot of tito scrambling, lot of mayweather moving...it might resemble the castillo fights but i do think trinidads punches would land alot more consistently with more potential to do serious damage
daprofessor
prime trinidad at 147 beats any version of mayweather at 147. mayweather isn't a real 147lb fighter, neither was pernell whitaker...and we saw what trinidad did to him.
King Eugene
Floyd survives the early assault to later box Trinidad's ears off in the later rounds.
Cshel86
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 26 2011, 08:50 PM) *
Floyd survives the early assault to later box Trinidad's ears off in the later rounds.

+1
mrchitown
Mayweather by UD. I think Floyd would use a lot of movement and utilize his speed to keep Trinidad off him in the later rounds. I could see Trinidad winning the first 3 or 4 rounds before Floyd begins to figure him out and start to pot shot him and keep him at bay
kidbazooka1
Floyd must fight a perfect fight to win this which he's capabale of but one mistake could have him getting flattened.

Call it Floyd by close decision but i woulnd't bet on it.
pesticid
I just don't see Mayweather losing to Tito, didn't Tito lose like almost every round against Winky?
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (pesticid @ Nov 1 2011, 08:43 PM) *
I just don't see Mayweather losing to Tito, didn't Tito lose like almost every round against Winky?

Yes son an old and past his prime Tito lost to Winky not the terror machine Tito who fought at 147-154.
WolfishPromistah
Don’t try that, kidbazooka (I am joking -- a little -- on the weight of my response, but…it ain’t like Tito lost his “skill” by the time he fought Winky). And I think the issue was basically the same when JMM fought Floyd.

Bringing up weight and age just seems secondary when those very things seem to hold so little relevance in relation to whether or not any said boxer gets out skilled against another, simply better skilled opponent. Tito kept needing to set his feet to get off against Winky, while the latter held to tight “D” and killed Tito with a friggen jab all night. Tito was never the ‘feinting-est’ dude to watch set up shots either -- just jab, bob his head a bit, forward-march then punch. Oh, he had some good speed at doing it for a while; it made the difference. But putting skill in the mix too, a coked up, OLD “Sweetpea” Whitaker was even able to frustrate Tito. Now just imagine a fully clean Floyd Mayweather Jr, who switches up tactics in the middle of rounds much less from round to round – already noted. Should Tito miss…he “have to pay.” I say Floyd Jr. would likely spot for pot shots all night in there, and take advantage.

And in the case of Marquez, bringing up his fight with Floyd as something similar -- technical skill level was tops in his fight with Floyd. There were two master techs in the ring, except guess what – only one was clearly outdone (JMM). And it was by someone whose skill level is still greater. You know, by the same guy for whom “rumor” has it – “is not easy to figure out.” Freddy Roach said that himself, voted pro boxing’s trainer of the year 5 times. But he can’t figure Floyd out? Hmmmmm – and the talks continue on potential reasons why Pac has not fought that man yet, really? There's good consideration to be given for one, right there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.