Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questions Answered..... Amir khan Vs Kell Brook
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Vaughn831
When I made this post, I had a few people ask me why Kell Brook deserves a shot at Amir Khan. My answer to that is why not? I think Kell Brook could be a special fighter if he stays focused and trains hard, he does have nice boxing skills and I see him improving with each fight. I think Amir Khan is also a special fighter but for some reason he doesn't always impress me. He throws a lot of punches but his % is terrible. They both have close to the same amount of fights Amir 26-1, Brook 25-0 Their both from the UK so the money would be there, Brook is ranked #6 in the world and they're both hungry up and coming fighters. It would be better than him fighting a washed up Zab Judah. I'll just say this.....Kell Brook deserves to fight Amir Khan a lot more than Khan deserves a shot at Mayweather. Amir Khan should have three more fights before he thinks about Mayweather
Kell Brook
Victor Ortiz
Andre Berto
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Vaughn831 @ Oct 25 2011, 05:53 PM) *
When I made this post, I had a few people ask me why Kell Brook deserves a shot at Amir Khan. My answer to that is why not? I think Kell Brook could be a special fighter if he stays focused and trains hard, he does have nice boxing skills and I see him improving with each fight. I think Amir Khan is also a special fighter but for some reason he doesn't always impress me. He throws a lot of punches but his % is terrible. They both have close to the same amount of fights Amir 26-1, Brook 25-0 Their both from the UK so the money would be there, Brook is ranked #6 in the world and they're both hungry up and coming fighters. It would be better than him fighting a washed up Zab Judah. I'll just say this.....Kell Brook deserves to fight Amir Khan a lot more than Khan deserves a shot at Mayweather. Amir Khan should have three more fights before he thinks about Mayweather
Kell Brook
Victor Ortiz
Andre Berto

Because he hasn't beaten anyone of note. He may have the skills, but until he beats a world class contender he won't get the Khan fight. Say what you want about Khan but he has passed the obstacles presented during his career.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Vaughn831 @ Oct 25 2011, 04:53 PM) *
Kell Brook
Victor Ortiz
Andre Berto

If this is the case then why put them in the ring together? it would probably hurt the legacy of the loser... this is a business and they will probably hold them off each other for awhile before pitting them against each other for an even bigger payday... if they fought tomorrow then they'd probably be shorting themselves by atleast 70% profit, then if they were to build up the fight to prove who is the best British fighter at WW...

Khan is in the Elite level tier of fighters... Kell isnt quite on the map yet.. so it doesnt make much business sense at this point...

and i hate Amir Khan by the way.. decent fighter, but cant stand him for some reason.. must be the Paki in em!!

Cheesey1
QUOTE (Vaughn831 @ Oct 25 2011, 05:53 PM) *
Kell Brook
Victor Ortiz
Andre Berto

I'd like to see that Khan vs. Brook match sooner rather than later (well let's see what happens with Peterson first, but even if Khan loses, which I don't think he will, he can still fight Kell Brook after Peterson).
While I definitely agree that Khan brings more to the table, I still think it makes sense now at this point in their careers and if it lives up to expectations, then the rematch would be an even bigger draw. If I had any pull (which I obviously don't) this is how I'd set it up: - I'd use a welterweight tournament approach, like what Richard Schaefer mentioned, but I would make it an elimination thing and not a points deal, basically quarter finals. We'd have four "groups" with two boxers per group: e.g. Group A: Ortiz vs. Berto: Group B: Khan vs. Kell Brook: Group C: Devon Alexander vs. Paulie Malignaggi (or whoever): Group D: Mike Jones (or whoever) vs. etc. Then the winner of Group A fights the winner of Group B, the winner of Group C fights the winner of Group D and then the top two winners will obviously fight each other.
Whoever wins gets to fight Floyd. If they set this up now, we could have Floyd fighting the winner of this tournament in 2013, or if they just limited it to Group A and Group B, then the winner could probably be ready to fight Floyd in late 2012 / early 2013. If Floyd is going to fight soon (and I hope he does), then I like the suggestion that someone else had which is to fight Alfredo Angulo in a big PPV in 2012 - Mexican independence day -(or maybe even Martinez, but I don't see that happening) and then after the dust settles in the tournament he'll fight the winner of that in mid 2013.
Bradley's supposedly next for Pacquaio so I'm pretty sure that his tunnel vision wouldn't pay the tournament any attention at all, so he'd be out of the mix and there's no way that Top Rank would let Pacquaio get in the mix.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.