Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marcos Maidana Wants Floyd Mayweather in the Ring
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingEinstein

It seems from different boxing news outlets have brought out the story or interview in where Maidana talks about how he wouldn't have been kissing Mayweather if he was in Ortiz's position. It's a fair sentiment since El Chino is a terminator like machine that keeps coming even when the odds are stacked. Maidana has pledged and promised that he would make a war against Mayweather and one of them would get KO'd in the progress of it. I don't know about you but I think this is a mismatch and I see Mayweather pulling a Hatton on El Chino since Maidana has expressed moving up to welterweight very soon. I see Mayweather with a late TKO with maybe a small scare in the early rounds for Mayweather and thats about it before the domination begins.

What ya think?
HazConvictedFelonMane
That's easy pickings for Floyd. He could get some too. It won't be much of a fight. Morales fought Maidana off with 1 eye. Floyd would destroy that guy. He will not land that overhand right on Floyd. He'll get punished to the body and possibly stopped on body shots.
checkleft
I would watch maidana fight anyone, this guy is always so poised and determined. I don't blame guerrero if he faked the injury just to get out of the fight. Lol
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 25 2011, 11:30 PM) *
I would watch maidana fight anyone, this guy is always so poised and determined. I don't blame guerrero if he faked the injury just to get out of the fight. Lol

I agree with your sentiments, The fight that GB needs to hop on now is the Matthhyse and Maidana fight, that's a fight that is brewing of a war. I already gave a name they can call it...

either The Twin Iron Fists

or The Civil War

Praximo
Mayweather vs Castillo, remember that? =D
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Praximo @ Oct 26 2011, 12:13 AM) *
Mayweather vs Castillo, remember that? =D

Awww...C'mon man....Floyd went immediately up in weight against a legend and the top man in that weight class. I first thought Floyd lost that fight when I originally saw it. But after having it on tape and watching replays over 10 times I say Floyd won that by SD. Not to mention it was said that he injured his rotator cuffs. The man rematched him shortly in months within the same year of that fight and beat him without no argument. I bet you thought he lost to Oscar also way wider on the score cards huh? smh
BoxingStill#1
Risk vs Reward...

Never gonna happen..

But in a perfect world,.. Maidanna gets outclassed heatseeking a knockout
Praximo
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 26 2011, 12:22 AM) *
Awww...C'mon man....Floyd went immediately up in weight against a legend and the top man in that weight class. I first thought Floyd lost that fight when I originally saw it. But after having it on tape and watching replays over 10 times I say Floyd won that by SD. Not to mention it was said that he injured his rotator cuffs. The man rematched him shortly in months within the same year of that fight and beat him without no argument. I bet you thought he lost to Oscar also way wider on the score cards huh? smh

It's only natural for any fighter to go up in weight class in his career. Floyd only jumped 4 LB before fighting Castillo. And shortly in months? He rematched him 8 months laters. And according to the score cards of both fights, Floyd did better in the first fight than the second. The second one was close by Floyd winning 3 or 2 rounds ahead.
Hittman25
Fuck yeah marcos maidana wants the fight! Thats easy work for maywheather so why not take the fight? Fight him on a friday n espn? GET BUZZ for boxing! why not!? Shit would be sick
bnoles4life
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 25 2011, 10:40 PM) *
I agree with your sentiments, The fight that GB needs to hop on now is the Matthhyse and Maidana fight, that's a fight that is brewing of a war. I already gave a name they can call it...

either The Twin Iron Fists

or The Civil War

Hell yes!!!! I would watch that in animation!!!!
wolterb
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 26 2011, 08:49 AM) *
Hell yes!!!! I would watch that in animation!!!!

lol me too.
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Praximo @ Oct 26 2011, 12:31 AM) *
It's only natural for any fighter to go up in weight class in his career. Floyd only jumped 4 LB before fighting Castillo. And shortly in months? He rematched him 8 months laters. And according to the score cards of both fights, Floyd did better in the first fight than the second. The second one was close by Floyd winning 3 or 2 rounds ahead.

SMh...you go by the scorecards?? man you def ain't no boxing fan. Try rewatching the fight on tape with the volume on mute and replay punches that Catillo threw and you'll see most of his punches just hit Floyd's elbows, forearms and shoulders. Now, don't get me wrong Floyd got tagged a good amount of time but was never on the verge of looking like he was going to get dropped or KO'd. Everyone thought he won the 2nd fight more than the first even Merchant said it himself that Floyd looked different than he did in his first against Castillo. What fight was you watching? I had Floyd winning that fight by 4 rounds, he was tagging Castillo with right hands all night while dodging his punches effectively. Man, never trust the score cards how many times have boxers been screwed by the judges and score cards?? Yeah, you def don't know what your talking about. DISMISSED!
Cshel86
Floyd fought a nasty bout with Castillo and gutted it out...it didn't look all that great, but he pulled it off, period. He was taking punches, and throwing just as many. Its never a good idea to go by the judges scores cards...especially Shrek Lederman's...unless you've had too much to drink during the fight and simply uses his cards to somewhat keep up laugh.gif They aren't messed up all the time, but I wouldn't consider them the gospel either.

He damn near had the recent Donaire fight a shit out, PLEASE! Thats the point of watching a fight carefully and looking for what actually lands, so that you can judge for yourself. Having a DVR would definitely help for times like this. Hell, it helped me to hear Joe Cortez tell Floyd and Victor to resume fighting at the end of the 4th...though several people here and on Facebook, were yelling that they didn't hear him say it.

As far as I know, when a ref has both guys settled in neutral corners and signals them to meet in the center of the ring...its time to fight!...but unqualified observers wouldn't know that. I've watched several Floyd fights with people and they swear that he is getting his ass kicked, but they dont understand the shoulder roll, how he catched punches on his elbows, and how ALL fighters slip punches...though it looks like they are getting hit. Its about knowing what to look for when a fight is in progress.

Oh yeah...Mayweather by decision. He would move to much and Maidana wouldn't have a decent chance to plant his feet and throw hard effective punches. Besides, its obvious to see when Maidana is resetting to get in position to adjust, so that straight right by FMJ would spell trouble for him. I like Maidana as a fighter and I'll give him a chance against anybody, but this isn't a good fight for him.
Praximo
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 26 2011, 04:46 PM) *
SMh...you go by the scorecards?? man you def ain't no boxing fan. Try rewatching the fight on tape with the volume on mute and replay punches that Catillo threw and you'll see most of his punches just hit Floyd's elbows, forearms and shoulders. Now, don't get me wrong Floyd got tagged a good amount of time but was never on the verge of looking like he was going to get dropped or KO'd. Everyone thought he won the 2nd fight more than the first even Merchant said it himself that Floyd looked different than he did in his first against Castillo. What fight was you watching? I had Floyd winning that fight by 4 rounds, he was tagging Castillo with right hands all night while dodging his punches effectively. Man, never trust the score cards how many times have boxers been screwed by the judges and score cards?? Yeah, you def don't know what your talking about. DISMISSED!

Tagged or not, Castillo was determined to be the active fighter while coming forward. So if Floyd want's to duck and block punches all night and evaluate the perfect time to land his right hand, then let him, but its the active fighter who usually win rounds. And couldn't Floyd at least stop him the second time? Castillo already lost 4 times by TKO when he fought floyd, and on top of that, he also fought once with somebody between the gap of the 8 months of the first and second fight with Floyd. Therefore, Floyd should of stopped Castillo in the second fight because Castillo pretty much has no variety in his skills, he's limited unlike Floyd who can expand to many game plans to execute and yet he failed to make a true statement in a rematch.

So what made Castillo a real challenger to Floyd? He was a pressure who can take a decent punch and not get tired of throwing. So compared to Maidana, I say Maidana has a pretty good chance. Although I don't think he'll win regardless of his sneaky right hand the crushed Ortiz and shooked Khan.
checkleft
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 26 2011, 04:46 PM) *

Preach.

QUOTE (Praximo @ Oct 27 2011, 12:41 AM) *
Tagged or not, Castillo was determined to be the active fighter while coming forward. So if Floyd want's to duck and block punches all night and evaluate the perfect time to land his right hand, then let him, but its the active fighter who usually win rounds. And couldn't Floyd at least stop him the second time? Castillo already lost 4 times by TKO when he fought floyd, and on top of that, he also fought once with somebody between the gap of the 8 months of the first and second fight with Floyd. Therefore, Floyd should of stopped Castillo in the second fight because Castillo pretty much has no variety in his skills, he's limited unlike Floyd who can expand to many game plans to execute and yet he failed to make a true statement in a rematch.

So what made Castillo a real challenger to Floyd? He was a pressure who can take a decent punch and not get tired of throwing. So compared to Maidana, I say Maidana has a pretty good chance. Although I don't think he'll win regardless of his sneaky right hand the crushed Ortiz and shooked Khan.

Regardless of castillos activity your suppose to judge the fight off of effective aggression. Castillo was effectively aggressive in the first fight, but not in the second.. but I can't picture Floyd opening up like ortiz to get caught like he did by Marcos or desperately leaning back like Khann did with his pretty bad defence when he got caught with his shot either. Maidana is fun to watch fight anyone though
mrchitown
This would be a solid fight. Maidana has a warrior like mentality and his style is appealing to fans. All in all I could see this being a good fight with Floyd winning by UD
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 28 2011, 01:20 PM) *
This would be a solid fight. Maidana has a warrior like mentality and his style is appealing to fans. All in all I could see this being a good fight with Floyd winning by UD

Any fight that Maidana is involved in, is worth watching. Im wondering how the promotion would pan out for this fight though...
checkleft
^^ I know mayweather would be the only one talking, maidana is more of the type to let fists do the talking. But if anyone can get someone to talk shit back its mayweather.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 28 2011, 12:34 PM) *
Any fight that Maidana is involved in, is worth watching. Im wondering how the promotion would pan out for this fight though...

Exactly. Maidana's style is very fan friendly and he comes to fight every second every round. I think the fight will "sell" but how exactly the promoters go about "selling" it would be interesting to see
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 28 2011, 02:55 PM) *
^^ I know mayweather would be the only one talking, maidana is more of the type to let fists do the talking. But if anyone can get someone to talk shit back its mayweather.

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Oct 28 2011, 07:42 PM) *
Exactly. Maidana's style is very fan friendly and he comes to fight every second every round. I think the fight will "sell" but how exactly the promoters go about "selling" it would be interesting to see

Well we all know Mayweather is gonna talk the most, regardless. As far as Maidana's side/back story, they would have to make it stretch big time. Thats what 24/7 is for, but thats where the "stretch" comes from, because "interesting" or somewhat interesting footage for 4 episodes is a lot of work (in my opinion).
checkleft
I'm sure they will come up with something, maidana kind of reminds me of the Russian from rocky lol. Hes a different breed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.