Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: May-Per-View Welterweight Tournament
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cheesey1
Great idea especially since it's essentially what I suggested in the Khan vs. Kell Brook thread (the logs don't lie). Apart from patting myself on the back for coming up with this brilliant idea, I will give Fight Hype credit for picking the actual four boxers, because all of those matches can be made and will be big fights. Come on Schaefer, make it happen!!!!!
MaxPayne
Fantastic idea. I think scheduling becomes complicated, in terms of how often the fights would happen. A few questions that remain are:

Could they have a result by next summer, such that the winner could challenge Money May in September 2012 ?

What if Mayweather wants to fight one of the prospective contestants earlier, given his pledge to fight more often ? Think Mayweather vs. Khan.

What about Amir Khan fighting Peterson in December ? To have a result by next summer, they would need to have the first 2 fights very early in the year.

checkleft
This in theory?
leonthegee
I like it. But if you replaced Alexander with Bradley id like it even more.
checkleft
Idk about Bradley, we don't need any more Alexander or cambell incidents..
thehype
The problem with guys like Bradley and Andre Berto is that they have different promoters, therefore, it becomes FAR MORE difficult to pull this off...especially since Bradley will be facing Manny Pacquiao next. All four of those fighters are Golden Boy Promotions fighters, therefore, it's very simple to achieve. 1 promoter, 4 fights, 2 pay-per-views, 1 ultimate prize.

The first matchups would have to happen in March. The next in June. It may be asking a lot of the fighters to fight 3 months apart, but hey, if the winner is guaranteed a career high payday against Floyd Mayweather, isn't it worth it? I think that's kind of the problem with these guys getting exposure...they're simply not fighting enough. Besides, with both tournament fights being on PPV, each fighter could be guaranteed a minimum of 1.25 million (except for Maidana...he's probably used to be paying chump change, so they'll probably jack him anyway).
BoxingEinstein

Good Idea Ben, this is def something that I would like to see and pay for. Just replace Alexander with Matthysse and we got us a real tournament. You got the fast and furiousness of Khan, the Terminator and knock out power in Maidana, you got the pre madonna/sometimes warrior plus tough in Victor Ortiz, and then you got the jinxed but combination plus steel chin and explosiveness from Lucas Matthysse.

Ben, please I would applaud you if you send a letter to GB about this idea to Richard. This is a great idea that can't go to waste and I really do see everyone benefiting from this (just get rid of Alexander for exchange with Matthysse). Or when the next time you meet up with Floyd when he's ready to talk about boxing again, shoot this idea to him and see what he thinks.

This idea cannot go to waste, I think we all at FH should sign a signature for this idea to get pushed. Great Job Ben, I mean it. #boxing
thehype
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Oct 26 2011, 04:38 PM) *
Good Idea Ben, this is def something that I would like to see and pay for. Just replace Alexander with Matthysse and we got us a real tournament. You got the fast and furiousness of Khan, the Terminator and knock out power in Maidana, you got the pre madonna/sometimes warrior plus tough in Victor Ortiz, and then you got the jinxed but combination plus steel chin and explosiveness from Lucas Matthysse.

Ben, please I would applaud you if you send a letter to GB about this idea to Richard. This is a great idea that can't go to waste and I really do see everyone benefiting from this (just get rid of Alexander for exchange with Matthysse). Or when the next time you meet up with Floyd when he's ready to talk about boxing again, shoot this idea to him and see what he thinks.

This idea cannot go to waste, I think we all at FH should sign a signature for this idea to get pushed. Great Job Ben, I mean it. #boxing

Thanks. I actually almost forgot about Matthysse, however, I think the fact that Devon Alexander is the #1 ranked welterweight by the WBC kind of makes him a mandatory to be in the tournament....especially since Floyd has the title.

From what I hear, the article has already been forwarded to Richard Schaefer by two of the camps who are interested in the idea. Of course, that being said, the fact that it wasn't his idea might turn him off from it. LOL.

I really think they should think about doing something like that though and incorporating Floyd somehow. They're always trying to build the next PPV star by putting him in a fight with Floyd, but it doesn't work like that. Victor Ortiz is not a PPV star after losing to Floyd, nor will Amir Khan be a PPV star if they do the same thing with him. However, if they make an event out of it and give fans a real reason to tune in, I reallly think people will get behind it, and on top of that, they could actually make a good buck from it too. Fans may not pay $54.95 to watch those 4 fights, but if you lower the price to say $34.95...or even $39.95 if they still want to be greedy...I think they could easily do 600K buys by adding the extra hook that Mayweather is doing commentary with Merchant. 600K is damn good for those four guys....it's a lot better than what Hopkins-Dawson did...heck, they could even do more than that.
leonthegee
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 26 2011, 11:36 AM) *
Idk about Bradley, we don't need any more Alexander or cambell incidents..

Bradleys the better fighter. Alexanders last couple fights have been snoozers.
Cshel86
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 26 2011, 04:52 PM) *
the fact that Devon Alexander is the #1 ranked welterweight by the WBC

laugh.gif Im still laughing at that part! He's a decent fighter and worth a watch, but the WBC was all out of wack when they did that. I agree, they should lower the cost of these PPVs to $35-40 (unless they are huge fights), so folks would be a bit more inclined to order them.

Hell, stack the undercards or at least have 1 or 2 decent scraps on there to make up for it, so these younger stars can build their names...guess that all comes down to promotion though. If they stacked that Maidana/Morales card like that and it was only $45, then it can be done. Kinda hurts me to wanna pay my bill this month, and see that $60 Dawson/Hopkins PPV eye sore on there...thank God the undercards were great.

This tournament isn't a bad idea...though I see Khan double-jumping all of these guys and landing a fight by the end of '12. He's ahead of all these guys in my opinion, and he has more money attached to his name. So, he fights Peterson in Dec., fights a tune-up WW bout in April, squeezes in another WW fight in July, then give himself some time to rest and promote a big fight with FMJ by Dec. '12 (Im just going according to his schedule from Dec '10 to now). Wait, thats probably exactly what he's getting ready to do!!! Beat Peterson, get past a nasty Ortiz bout, have a nice boxing match with Alexander, and get ready for FMJ, easy!
Jack 1000
Awesome idea!

Jack
Sunni6Killer
This is what Schaefer wanted a while ago.
bnoles4life
How does Golden Boy solve the, dare I say, Roach question? LOL. I mean, if they're going to fight for a chance at the Money May sweepstakes, GBP has to...I REPEAT: HAS TO implement random blood & urine testing for this tourney. As both trainer to Pac & Khan, Roach is in a baaaad position should Amir take these tests w/ no hesitation and Pac still stumbling out of the gate about it.

Like everyone on this thread, I think it is a marvelous idea and would love to see it (HBO would get my $$$$ quickly). However, I think the "politics" would prevent Khan from getting in. Plus, as Cshel already pointed out, Khan is probably the front-runner and I doubt GBP would risk him against Maidana (again) and DEFINITELY NOT Mathysse (sp).

Thoughts?
plink081
I am not spending another dollar on a Mayweather or a Pac fight. Fuck the greedy fucks and there promoters. There no reasons they canít make that fight happen. I am a diehard Mayweather fan but i am tired of all the bullshit and lies from both sides. There wrecking the sport of boxing. Both of their legacies are tainted. Pacmans fighting retirees and Mayweather wants to take 2 yrs. off after every fight to spend all the money he swindled us out of. Time to put up or retire. The sports better off without the both of them. Bob Arum needs to do us all a favor and drop dead already. Do yourself a favor keep your money? I went to see Berto vs. Ortiz live and that was the best fight i have seen in a long time.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (plink081 @ Oct 26 2011, 06:10 PM) *
I am not spending another dollar on a Mayweather or a Pac fight. Fuck the greedy fucks and there promoters. There no reasons they canít make that fight happen. I am a diehard Mayweather fan but i am tired of all the bullshit and lies from both sides. There wrecking the sport of boxing. Both of their legacies are tainted. Pacmans fighting retirees and Mayweather wants to take 2 yrs. off after every fight to spend all the money he swindled us out of. Time to put up or retire. The sports better off without the both of them. Bob Arum needs to do us all a favor and drop dead already. Do yourself a favor keep your money? I went to see Berto vs. Ortiz live and that was the best fight i have seen in a long time.

The Rodriguez/Rosinsky fight was excellent, sans the unbelievable 100-90 acid-dropping UD scoring by the ringside Helen Kellers!!!
iKeNjiro
This is a great idea I see Ortiz winning though
Amere Con beats Ortiz I'll be shocked. Great idea though
Maybe add Wladimir an we got no excuses at the end.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 26 2011, 07:01 PM) *
How does Golden Boy solve the, dare I say, Roach question? LOL. I mean, if they're going to fight for a chance at the Money May sweepstakes, GBP has to...I REPEAT: HAS TO implement random blood & urine testing for this tourney. As both trainer to Pac & Khan, Roach is in a baaaad position should Amir take these tests w/ no hesitation and Pac still stumbling out of the gate about it.

Like everyone on this thread, I think it is a marvelous idea and would love to see it (HBO would get my $$$$ quickly). However, I think the "politics" would prevent Khan from getting in. Plus, as Cshel already pointed out, Khan is probably the front-runner and I doubt GBP would risk him against Maidana (again) and DEFINITELY NOT Mathysse (sp).

Thoughts?

Yeah that would be ugly if Khan waved his hand so galantly to take the test and Pac didn't, BUT, as we all know, Pacquiao has more leverage than Khan, and Khan needs the fight a bit more urgently than Pac does. I still believe that Khan will do his best to blow past these dudes, and surely he will only have to fight two of them anyway. You're right, GBP wont risk Khan by putting him back in there with Maidana, since he almost pulled a game-blower against him a year ago. Think about it, who would bring more money to GBP?...Khan fighting Mayweather or Maidana fighting Mayweather?

Besides, I dont believe Khan came this far just to find himself in there with Maidana again and risk fucking it all up. Im sure GBP doesn't want to risk that either...and Im sure they already have picked their favorite of the 4...though they are all great fighters. In my opinion, Matthysse would be somewhat of waste to throw in the tournament. He starts off too slow and decides to pick it up in the middle rounds...just to leave the last 2-3 rounds in the air, no deal. Maidana is the "go-getter" between the two of them, though Matthysse's style is cleaner...the early bird catches the worm, meaning Maidana swings for the fences from the opening bell all the way to the final bell, dog-tired and sloppy or not.

QUOTE (plink081 @ Oct 26 2011, 07:10 PM) *

Your rant is actually a healthy one, so I'll leave you alone. I somewhat agree, May and Pac are fucking the sport up nicely, if that makes sense laugh.gif They are keeping it relevant, but people's anxiety will only be calm for so long. Oh well, Im sure good promotion has gotten the best of us all. Hell, I've watched EVERY one of their fights since the negotiations began 2 years ago. I've also been watching NEARLY every other fight since then, just to keep my sanity in check.
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 26 2011, 07:16 PM) *
The Rodriguez/Rosinsky fight was excellent, sans the unbelievable 100-90 acid-dropping UD scoring by the ringside Helen Kellers!!!

I saw that bullshit score too. I watched it with no volume and still didn't see a complete shut out. Was the fight actually last night, or was I watching a re-run of it?

QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Oct 26 2011, 08:09 PM) *
This is a great idea I see Ortiz winning though
Amere Con beats Ortiz I'll be shocked. Great idea though
Maybe add Wladimir an we got no excuses at the end.

Maybe add Wladimir and we got no excuses at the end? Bhahahah! Ken, what tha fuck man? Lmao!

Oh yeah, Ortiz winning it all is likely, but I believe he's gonna crap out when he gets to Khan or Maidana. Its not about what Khan's gonna do to him, but its about he's not gonna know how to do when he fights Khan. I hope fighting Mayweather actually helped him out, but Ortiz doesn't retain well, so we will see. He has to make a complete ass of himself and the world has to kick him while he's down...just to make him fight better. Just think, the Maidana fight would've ended on that bad cut of his and he would've won the fight, but nooooo, Ortiz was too quick to give up, so he screwed himself.

If that fight would've been stopped on a cut, he would've had a chance to redeem himself later on...whenever HE was ready to fight Maidana, and things would've been great. Hell, I had him stealing the 4th round against Floyd, but what did he do?...he got frustrated and blew the game, smh. Maidana is still rocking back and forth in his recliner...in the middle of Ortiz's brain laugh.gif
HazConvictedFelonMane
One case down, two to go. We have a court date in Nov. Another in Dec. On the 4th and 21st respectively. The one in Nov is another weak ass case and it will get tossed. The court date in Dec. is a felony hearing. If they bind that case over to the supreme court, it's going to take months to begin or for the actual trial to begin. It may not even hold up as felonies before the trail starts in the fall of next year. Tell Bob Arum we don't buy his excuses about Floyd's legal trouble. What does he even care about anyway? All he needs to know is Floyd will be able to be reached and he's not busy. Stop making excuses! The word from Pac's camp was for people to make phone calls if they want the fight. They say the testing hasn't been an issue for a year and a half. Manny says he wants the fight, Floyd said he wants the fight. Let's see how bad they want it. I know I didn't want to post a new topic so I just said what I had to say on this one. That tourney sounds cool, but I want the real fight.
Cshel86
Damn Haz! Your cases or Floyd's? (no pun intended)
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 26 2011, 07:48 PM) *
Yeah that would be ugly if Khan waved his hand so galantly to take the test and Pac didn't, BUT, as we all know, Pacquiao has more leverage than Khan, and Khan needs the fight a bit more urgently than Pac does. I still believe that Khan will do his best to blow past these dudes, and surely he will only have to fight two of them anyway. You're right, GBP wont risk Khan by putting him back in there with Maidana, since he almost pulled a game-blower against him a year ago. Think about it, who would bring more money to GBP?...Khan fighting Mayweather or Maidana fighting Mayweather?

THAT is why I don't think Khan gets in it OR GBP doesn't mandate blood & urine testing. I believe, GBP, will tread lightly w/ Khan, as he is trained by Roach who is ALL but a Top Rank employee. Considering they had to public apologize to Manny (read: Bob Arum), I don't think they'll rock that boat. In addition, you're absolutely correct: Khan will bring the coin. Maidana could fuck that whole thing up....and fast!

Besides, I dont believe Khan came this far just to find himself in there with Maidana again and risk fucking it all up. Im sure GBP doesn't want to risk that either...and Im sure they already have picked their favorite of the 4...though they are all great fighters. In my opinion, Matthysse would be somewhat of waste to throw in the tournament. He starts off too slow and decides to pick it up in the middle rounds...just to leave the last 2-3 rounds in the air, no deal. Maidana is the "go-getter" between the two of them, though Matthysse's style is cleaner...the early bird catches the worm, meaning Maidana swings for the fences from the opening bell all the way to the final bell, dog-tired and sloppy or not.

I don't know....I think Mattysse would be a great addition. Maybe a slow starter, but what's good about him is he's durable, comes forward and will beat your ass if you're not careful. Maybe I'm making the reason why GBP should keep him away from Khan or Ortiz, for that matter?

I saw that bullshit score too. I watched it with no volume and still didn't see a complete shut out. Was the fight actually last night, or was I watching a re-run of it?

It was a re-run. It happened two weeks ago. To be honest, I had the fight a draw. Tough fight to score, but not so tough EVERY nod went to one fighter. That's crazy!!!

Oh yeah, Ortiz winning it all is likely, but I believe he's gonna crap out when he gets to Khan or Maidana. Its not about what Khan's gonna do to him, but its about he's not gonna know how to do when he fights Khan. I hope fighting Mayweather actually helped him out, but Ortiz doesn't retain well, so we will see. He has to make a complete ass of himself and the world has to kick him while he's down...just to make him fight better. Just think, the Maidana fight would've ended on that bad cut of his and he would've won the fight, but nooooo, Ortiz was too quick to give up, so he screwed himself.

If that fight would've been stopped on a cut, he would've had a chance to redeem himself later on...whenever HE was ready to fight Maidana, and things would've been great. Hell, I had him stealing the 4th round against Floyd, but what did he do?...he got frustrated and blew the game, smh. Maidana is still rocking back and forth in his recliner...in the middle of Ortiz's brain laugh.gif

BoxingStill#1
loving this...
DubC
Damn good idea Hype. lets see if we can get this thing to happen. Late notice on the petition, but why not-its worth a shot.

Easy work, you like the idea just sign the following petition http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/may-for-view/

If any edits to it need to be made feel free to PM me, and Hype, if you don't approve let me know and I will delete

That is all drinks.gif

juanpa
wow, boxing needs ideas like this. i got excited just reading about it... lol i really hope it happens..
leonthegee
Another thing I dont like about this idea is why PPV? I can see the Mayweather fight being on PPV, but whos gonna pay to see Alexander v Ortiz on PPV? You put all the tournament fights on HBO Championship Boxing. Thats how you build these fighters up.
thehype
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Oct 27 2011, 09:00 AM) *
Another thing I dont like about this idea is why PPV? I can see the Mayweather fight being on PPV, but whos gonna pay to see Alexander v Ortiz on PPV? You put all the tournament fights on HBO Championship Boxing. Thats how you build these fighters up.

Well, ideally, it would be on HBO World Championship Boxing...the only problem is that in order to pull this off, 3 of the 4 fighters (Khan, Alexander, Ortiz) are already accustomed to making, at minimum, $1 million guarantees for their fights. So to put all of them on the same card, including Madiana, HBO would have to invest at least $3.5 million (that's on the low side assuming Maidana would only get $500K). That kind of price tag is not something that HBO would normally fork over for a regular World Championship Boxing bout. Putting it on pay-per-view pretty much guarantees enough money to satisfy all 4 camps.

Do I think a lot of people would be willing to buy a PPV with just those four name on it? Not necessarily, but that's kind of the reason why I think they should turn it into an event by adding the Mayweather angle. Get him involved. Make the tournament look like it's about him, thus drawing those people who simply have to see Floyd Mayweather. Have him draw the brackets, use him as a guest commentator and work the controversy angle between him and Larry Merchant, stuff like that. In fact, I even propose they do a 5-part (note: 5 as opposed to 4) 24/7 series on the event and include Mayweather in all of those episodes, because let's face it, 24/7 just doesn't seem the same without him involved. Have Floyd visit the camps, maybe talk some shit to some of the guys (like Devon Alexander...I can see Kevin Cunningham exchanging a few words with him) or give advice to others (like showing up to Ortiz's camp and telling him, "Remember, protect yourself at all times").

I think if they focused more on the entertainment aspect and worked all the angles, they could really turn this into something big and generate some serious interest and exposure. Obviously I wouldn't expect them to charge the regular PPV price, so maybe even that angle can be worked by having Ken Hershman make some official announcement that HBO is looking to give back to the fans, therefore, they're cutting the cost of some (not all, but some) of their PPVs this year to $29.95...even $34.95 or $39.95 if they still want to be greedy. I mean, yeah, it's still $40.00, but at this point, PPV prices are like gas prices so any small drop in price will look good.
thehype
QUOTE (DubC @ Oct 27 2011, 01:04 AM) *
Damn good idea Hype. lets see if we can get this thing to happen. Late notice on the petition, but why not-its worth a shot.

Easy work, you like the idea just sign the following petition http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/may-for-view/

If any edits to it need to be made feel free to PM me, and Hype, if you don't approve let me know and I will delete

That is all drinks.gif

LOL. Thanks. Good call. One small correction though, whether we like it or not, Devon Alexander HAS to be in the tournament. He's the WBC #1 ranked welterweight contender...he's next in line for Mayweather's belt. In order to pull this off, you have to have the blessing of the WBC and there must be a title on the line. Furthermore, I believe Golden Boy Promotions has other plans for Matthysse anyway, so they don't really have any interest in putting him in a tournament like that. All of the other guys (with the exception of Amir Khan), however, were specifically mentioned by Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer as candidates for a tournament. I'm basically trying to take an idea that he already came up with and expand on a bit.
bnoles4life
Let's take it a step further, have GBP decide on the participants and possibly allow fan voting to decide the match-ups. Moreover, guarantee the purses but throw in bonuses for KOs. In addition, they should be on some UFC stuff, where the lion's share of each fight goes to the winner. This way, you minimize the risk of a fighter walking in with a, "Fuck this, I got $1.5M win or lose" attitude. While it would be hell getting ALL of them to agree to it, but it's definitely worth a shot prior to guaranteeing purses. <---fantasy shit, but hey, isn't that what largely goes on, within these threads?
Cshel86
This tournament should be implemented more in the lower weight classes, so that they get more exposure and we can all see who's the bigger star. Glad they made it happen at Bantamweight and the Super Middleweight division! We all know that the Welterweight division is the money division, so this has been overdue for a while.
DubC
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 27 2011, 08:01 AM) *
LOL. Thanks. Good call. One small correction though, whether we like it or not, Devon Alexander HAS to be in the tournament. He's the WBC #1 ranked welterweight contender...he's next in line for Mayweather's belt. In order to pull this off, you have to have the blessing of the WBC and there must be a title on the line. Furthermore, I believe Golden Boy Promotions has other plans for Matthysse anyway, so they don't really have any interest in putting him in a tournament like that. All of the other guys (with the exception of Amir Khan), however, were specifically mentioned by Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer as candidates for a tournament. I'm basically trying to take an idea that he already came up with and expand on a bit.

Damn...

Noted and will change
kingknockout
Mike Jones vs Andre Berto

Winner fights: Victor Ortiz

Khan vs Peterson

Winner fights: Mayweather

Alexander vs Maidana

Winner fights: Cotto or Margarito

Cotto vs Margarito

Winner fights: Alexander or Maidana

Bradley and Marquez is out seeing as though they already have fights lined up with Pacman.
RyanTical
This thread is full of win. The greatest invention since the creation of the female.
Cshel86
Threads like this need to be resurrected more often...especially when a slew of fighters get involved in a "I got next with Floyd" raffle ticket contest laugh.gif
BoxingEinstein

Alexander

Ortiz

Berto

Maidana

Winner faces Mayweather
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Jan 10 2012, 07:09 PM) *
Alexander

Ortiz

Berto

Maidana

Winner faces Mayweather

Thats what is looking like! Glad Paulie is outta the picture laugh.gif
Franchize
The new cool thing to do after a fight is thank God, brag about you and your promoter's training camp and call out Mayweather.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 12 2012, 01:50 PM) *
The new cool thing to do after a fight is thank God, brag about you and your promoter's training camp and call out Mayweather.

laugh.gif

Either that, or they complain about their opponent "hitting them in the balls", then suddenly cut themselves off...just to thank their Lord and savior Jesus Christ laugh.gif Sound familiar???
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 12 2012, 08:46 PM) *
laugh.gif

Either that, or they complain about their opponent "hitting them in the balls", then suddenly cut themselves off...just to thank their Lord and savior Jesus Christ laugh.gif Sound familiar???

Lol...I hope Maidana knocks of Alexander and Ortiz beats Berto again so we can have the long awaited rematch but this time at welterweight. Would love to see the "new" Ortiz face Maidana again at the higher weights, should be a classic,
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Jan 12 2012, 09:09 PM) *
Lol...I hope Maidana knocks of Alexander and Ortiz beats Berto again so we can have the long awaited rematch but this time at welterweight. Would love to see the "new" Ortiz face Maidana again at the higher weights, should be a classic,

I will make sure Im good and drunk on the night of the Alexander/Maidana fight...just to knock the jitters off, because Devon has his hands full no2.gif As far as the Berto/Ortiz rematch, we already have an idea as to how it will go, so if either guy wins, I wont be upset. Alexander and Berto have the fire under their asses for these bouts, which are about 2 weeks apart.

Gladly, these four fighters are within the grasps of reasonable promoters, so we wont have to worry about a promoter catching feelings and messing things up. Ortiz really does need to face Maidana again and win, this time.

Even if he does win, he will still be considered a quitter because he let his feelings get in the way about 20 seconds too early. The crazy part was, the ring doctor was about to stop the fight anyway, because that cut was so bad, but Ortiz decided to shake his head "no" when the heat kicked on.
Franchize
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 12 2012, 08:46 PM) *
laugh.gif

How many times have you heard some variation of this:
"Blah blah blah I just wanna thank my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ because without him,none of this would be possible. Me, my promoter and my trainer, we all sat down. My team sat down and discussed who's on our radar. My trainer and I came up with a good gameplan. We had a long, hard [X amount of weeks] camp and we had some great sparring partners. We just feel if we stick to the gameplan and execute, we can beat anyone. I just wanna go on to the biggest and best fights. I think I'm ready to take on Mayweather."
Cshel86
QUOTE (Franchize @ Jan 13 2012, 09:06 AM) *
How many times have you heard some variation of this:
"Blah blah blah I just wanna thank my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ because without him,none of this would be possible. Me, my promoter and my trainer, we all sat down. My team sat down and discussed who's on our radar. My trainer and I came up with a good gameplan. We had a long, hard [X amount of weeks] camp and we had some great sparring partners. We just feel if we stick to the gameplan and execute, we can beat anyone. I just wanna go on to the biggest and best fights. I think I'm ready to take on Mayweather."

laugh.gif

I believe we've all heard these agonizing variations of post-fight interviews...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.