Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Most Shocking Moments in Boxing (on any scale)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
As we all know, there is never a dull moment in boxing. Name some things that simply threw you off guard, or events that completely took you by surprise and left you speechless!

I will start with a mild one that always seems to get me, no matter how many times he gets interviewed...none other than JMM and his random moments of speaking English! JMM kills me laugh.gif

Starts at 10 seconds...

Starts at 20 seconds...he winged it for a minute though laugh.gif

BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 26 2011, 08:25 PM) *
As we all know, there is never a dull moment in boxing. Name some things that simply threw you off guard, or events that completely took you by surprise and left you speechless!

I will start with a mild one that always seems to get me, no matter how many times he gets interviewed...none other than JMM and his random moments of speaking English! JMM kills me laugh.gif

Starts at 10 seconds...

Starts at 20 seconds...he winged it for a minute though laugh.gif

LOL....The second video was pretty funny becuz i really thought he was gonna start speaking spanish. But I'ma put my video up of what I thought was a shocking moment in boxing.
BoxingEinstein

This caught me off guard because Toney never came off like this before. Check his past post fight ring interviews before this fight and you'll see what I mean. The look and genuine excitement on his face is endowed into what he started to look like.

Cshel86
Fuckin' James Toney! Unforgettable! Dude always did talk like he had a mouth full Ritz crackers! laugh.gif He kept his cool all the way til the end! Burger King baby!
Jack 1000
1.) Tyson-biting off Holyfield's ear in the rematch.
2.) "Fan Man." in Holyfield-Bowe II!
3.) Golota-Bowe I riot at MSG.

Jack
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
How bout one of the biggest upsets in the sport, Tyson-Douglas. Tyson was invincible, and Douglas was a 42-1 underdog. He beat the bully and got up from his best shot.

Also, Eduardo Sanchez beating JC Candelo was a big one for me. Candelo was hot, coming off a victory of Julio Garcia and losing to the respectable Kassim Ouma. Sanchez was a journeyman who happened to be at the weigh in. Candelo's opponent fell through, and he took the fight on 24 hours notice. He shed like 15 pounds in a short time. The next night, he throughly beat Candelo. That moment really sticks out for me.
Cshel86
laugh.gif Jack, nobody can forget Tyson biting Holyfield's ear! I was young, but officially wrote Tyson off as a nut after that incident, and I clearly remember the announcement scrolling on the bottom of the screen, but I cant remember what I was watching at the moment. You would've thought it was a severe weather update, the way they announced it!

I really remember the MSG riot at the Bowe/Golota fight...serious shit! Was Fat Man in Holyfield/Bowe II thr guy who landed in the ring trying to do that stupid stunt? Lmao! I believe that was it, lol.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 27 2011, 05:42 PM) *
laugh.gif Jack, nobody can forget Tyson biting Holyfield's ear! I was young, but officially wrote Tyson off as a nut after that incident, and I clearly remember the announcement scrolling on the bottom of the screen, but I cant remember what I was watching at the moment. You would've thought it was a severe weather update, the way they announced it!

I really remember the MSG riot at the Bowe/Golota fight...serious shit! Was Fat Man in Holyfield/Bowe II thr guy who landed in the ring trying to do that stupid stunt? Lmao! I believe that was it, lol.

Yup! That was Fan Man! LOL!!! Bowe's corner started beating the shit out of him too and there were all these security people around and everything.

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 27 2011, 06:55 PM) *
Yup! That was Fan Man! LOL!!! Bowe's corner started beating the shit out of him too and there were all these security people around and everything.

Jack

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
BGv2.0
Oliver McCall having a mental breakdown during his second fight with Lewis was pretty shocking.
wolterb
rocky marcianos nose splits in two

golota quits on his stool against tyson, crowd berates him

golota biting samson on the neck...lol

foreman knocks himself out at the rumble

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.