Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can FightHype Interview some of these punk ESPN analysts?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigDDatHomey
Can FightHype Interview some of these punk ESPN analysts who claim that Floyd Mayweather is ducking Manny Pacquiao because he's afraid, or should we just take them for the punk analysts that they actually are and keep it moving?

bnoles4life
QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Oct 27 2011, 02:51 PM) *
Can FightHype Interview some of these punk ESPN analysts who claim that Floyd Mayweather is ducking Manny Pacquiao because he's afraid, or should we just take them for the punk analysts that they actually are and keep it moving?

Money!!!! I promise you, I JUST watched the First Take vid and was thinking the same thing. Ben, Percy, Vivek or Danny, is there ANY WAY you could contact ESPN, in effort to give a perspective that isn't guaranteed to tow the company line. Man, let me quit frontin': Just go on there an "out" Skip "The Fruit" Bayless. While you're at it, get a hold of Michael Wilbon and take him to task for the "coward" comments. Please remind these idiots of two things:

1. No man, who fights for a living is a coward.
2. Feel free to seek out and interview these alleged "cowards" and make it a point to call them that (off camera and w/o "witness", if you're feeling especially brave).
MaxPayne
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 27 2011, 04:11 PM) *
Money!!!! I promise you, I JUST watched the First Take vid and was thinking the same thing. Ben, Percy, Vivek or Danny, is there ANY WAY you could contact ESPN, in effort to give a perspective that isn't guaranteed to tow the company line. Man, let me quit frontin': Just go on there an "out" Skip "The Fruit" Bayless. While you're at it, get a hold of Michael Wilbon and take him to task for the "coward" comments. Please remind these idiots of two things:

1. No man, who fights for a living is a coward.
2. Feel free to seek out and interview these alleged "cowards" and make it a point to call them that (off camera and w/o "witness", if you're feeling especially brave).

BSPN has never been interested in reporting anything other than the populist opinion. They simply exist to provide vindication for what the majority of the public perceives / believes. I don't even bother watching that bullshit. There's too many idiots in the world who simply choose to get their opinion from dumbasses like Stuart Scott or Kornheiser or any of those guys.

Skip Bayless ? That guy is a fucking joke. BSPN specifically wants him to play a crotchety, angry old white man because haters like us sometimes tune in just to laugh at him.

Corey Holcomb said it best on the 5150 show, when someone mistakenly thought Bayless may have been a tailback in the NFL :

"Skippy Bayless, a running back in NFL ? Nah fuck that, he wasn't no running back...dudes RUN UP IN HIS BACK !"

I was laughing so hard.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Oct 27 2011, 03:45 PM) *
BSPN has never been interested in reporting anything other than the populist opinion. They simply exist to provide vindication for what the majority of the public perceives / believes. I don't even bother watching that bullshit. There's too many idiots in the world who simply choose to get their opinion from dumbasses like Stuart Scott or Kornheiser or any of those guys.

Skip Bayless ? That guy is a fucking joke. BSPN specifically wants him to play a crotchety, angry old white man because haters like us sometimes tune in just to laugh at him.

Corey Holcomb said it best on the 5150 show, when someone mistakenly thought Bayless may have been a tailback in the NFL :

"Skippy Bayless, a running back in NFL ? Nah fuck that, he wasn't no running back...dudes RUN UP IN HIS BACK !"

I was laughing so hard.

I get that and largely agree. I call it TMZn, mainly due to their not-so-occasional focus on things that have little to do w/ anything that happens on the (insert play of your choice).

If I'm being honest, I enjoy Kornheiser...he's comedy to me, but what's really disturbing is, he's often more level-headed than Mike "Floyd's a coward" Wilbon. I remember Kornheiser called Wilbon on his branding Floyd a coward, by saying (paraphrasing), "hey, he is a fighter; you wouldn't say that to him." Wilbon's response was (to the effect of), "Hey, I'm from Chicago, I've been in a street fight or two." <---I thought Chris Rock was on, I was laughing so hard.

I actually like First Take, or should I say, the premise of First Take. The problem is, they have these writers on there, who often have an "axe to grind" and as you eluded to earlier, knowing full well, Joe Fan can (often does) get his/her opinion from them.

Again, Hype, Vivek, Danny or anyone (EXCEPT Dougie Fischer or Gabe Montoya) w/ boxing credibility, should make his/her way on that show when topics like this come up
dhoward126
Trust me, I'd love to make a First Take boxing session turn into a game of "Skip Bayless Doesn't Know Boxing" but our e-mails would go unanswered and scoffed at.
Cshel86
They just seemed so behind on everything, and talking over each other didn't make it look any better.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (dhoward126 @ Oct 27 2011, 07:00 PM) *
Trust me, I'd love to make a First Take boxing session turn into a game of "Skip Bayless Doesn't Know Boxing" but our e-mails would go unanswered and scoffed at.

Danny...that is why I say you guys should get ON the show.
thehype
LOL. Those guys are idiots. I've never seen any of them actually cover a fight, so I have no clue how they're qualified to even speak on the sport. I wouldn't even want to waste my time speaking to any of them.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 27 2011, 08:03 PM) *
LOL. Those guys are idiots. I've never seen any of them actually cover a fight, so I have no clue how they're qualified to even speak on the sport. I wouldn't even want to waste my time speaking to any of them.

I think it would be great exposure, no matter how short-lived (<--- I say that, cuz after you all "out" them, you'll NEVER be back). Plus, they'd probably just use Dan "Six Chins" Rafael
Cshel86
Hell, if they wanted some kind of brains in the operation, then Rafael would've sufficed and somewhat cleaned up some of the mess they were rolling in today.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 27 2011, 08:32 PM) *
Hell, if they wanted some kind of brains in the operation, then Rafael would've sufficed and somewhat cleaned up some of the mess they were rolling in today.

I dunno 'bout that. Dan has made some pretty "company man" comments over there. By "company man", I mean Top Rank-esque!
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 27 2011, 09:36 PM) *
I dunno 'bout that. Dan has made some pretty "company man" comments over there. By "company man", I mean Top Rank-esque!

Yeah I agree, but he would've sounded better than all four of those mindless nitwits that we saw today.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 27 2011, 08:39 PM) *
Yeah I agree, but he would've sounded better than all four of those mindless nitwits that we saw today.

+1

What's funny is Jay and Dana, the two whom (I'm guessing) have NEVER covered a round of boxing, sounded like the voices of reason.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 27 2011, 09:43 PM) *
+1

What's funny is Jay and Dana, the two whom (I'm guessing) have NEVER covered a round of boxing, sounded like the voices of reason.

With that being said, thats how bad it was. For somebody who's never covered a round boxing, somewhat being the dominant voices of the topic is a bad look. Just talking about Mayweather & Pacquiao with day to day people who aren't as dialed as we are on this forum is hard to swallow, but listening to reporters on ESPN (a show that the watches) sound just the same is sickening. Hell, if you hear any updates on the negotiations, people expect to hear something new and/or significant...not that Sex & The City wine-sipping convo they had today! Lol!
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 27 2011, 08:49 PM) *
With that being said, thats how bad it was. For somebody who's never covered a round boxing, somewhat being the dominant voices of the topic is a bad look. Just talking about Mayweather & Pacquiao with day to day people who aren't as dialed as we are on this forum is hard to swallow, but listening to reporters on ESPN (a show that the watches) sound just the same is sickening. Hell, if you hear any updates on the negotiations, people expect to hear something new and/or significant...not that Sex & The City wine-sipping convo they had today! Lol!

LMAO!!!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Oct 27 2011, 03:51 PM) *

Good thread. I say take them for the punk analysts that they are and keep it moving. The sad truth is that they make very good money for not doing any research or even having to act like they know what they're talking about and definitely don't care what the boxing public thinks about them. Fuck 'em! Golden Boy, make the May-per-view WW tournament happen and start getting ready to count the money (pun intended)!
vdpk7
Abit unrelated but i'd like to see if anyone knows really knows floyd or baxing around here.
First with the correct answer gets a T-shirt.

What is floyds nuts in sindarin?

Also I agree with the OP, Good post and +9000 to you brah!
leonthegee
The only reason why the covered that topic at all was becuz Slob Arum came out saying Floyd was scared of Manny. Its desperation by Top Rank to try to create some buzz for Manny v Marquez. All anybody had to do was ask Skip who, where, and when is Mannys next fight. I bet he wouldnt even been able to answer that question.

The bottom line is Slob Arum knows this fight is gonna bomb. Nobodies giving Marquez even a punchers chance. Its going up against the UFCs first free event on FOX (which happens to be Cain Valezquez). This fight is 3 weeks away and it has no buzz at all. So he drops Floyds name (like hes been doing for the last 3 yrs) and hopes it gets people talking about his fighter. I see this fight doing about 7 hundo, if their lucky.

People forget that when Slob Arum had Floyd he was the best fighter since Ali. Now was he lieing then or is he lieing now?
checkleft
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 27 2011, 08:43 PM) *
+1

True for most occasions, skip knows less than nothing about boxing, and a lot of other sports he talks about. It's sad people like him and wilbon are the people that speak about boxing to the masses.
bnoles4life
People forget that when Slob Arum had Floyd he was the best fighter since Ali. Now was he lieing then or is he lieing now?
[/quote]

To quote the Bobfather himself, "I was lying yesterday, but today I'm telling the truth."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.