Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gamboa vs Rios in the works for 2012...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
checkleft
http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/169854-rios-gamboa

If he isn't lying, this is a big time fight. What do you guys think?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 28 2011, 03:28 PM) *
http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/169854-rios-gamboa

If he isn't lying, this is a big time fight. What do you guys think?

That depends....at what weight? Remember, rumor has it Rios could be on line for Pac as well.
checkleft
Well in the article had arum saying that Bradley was far down the line for pac, so by my understanding rios would be even further. But my guess is between 130-135, I have heard no talk of rios moving up yet even though I think it would suit him.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 28 2011, 03:57 PM) *
Well in the article had arum saying that Bradley was far down the line for pac, so by my understanding rios would be even further. But my guess is between 130-135, I have heard no talk of rios moving up yet even though I think it would suit him.

After reading Dan "Six Chins" Rafael's blog, the Gamboa/Rios thing could come off some time early 2012....I dunno, like on a Pacquaio/Bradley undercard?
dhoward126
Gamboa/Rios is not going to happen, Rios is on the shortlist of Manny Pacquiao opponents and I don't think he can continue fighting anything but tomato's at 135, he is going to end up like JuanMa draining himself to make weight and getting punished until he can't absorb the shots like he use to. Gamboa/Lopez may still happen if Lopez can't stay around 126 to wait for Nonito Donaire, so we'll have to see.
Cshel86
Rios would be too much for Gamboa, especially in the weight department. Rios already rehydrates to nearly Jr. Middleweight, and Gamboa will naturally be the smaller man if they make the fight at 135. Then we would have to take into account whether or not Gamboa will carry his power up to 135 along with dealing with Bam Bam's relentless pressure and ability to take a punch.
checkleft
Kind of what I was thinking, Rios looks big at 135. Dudes a bully
mrchitown
I'd love to see this fight, it definitely would be an all action fight. Though I think 2012 would be a bit of a stretch for Gamboa, he needs a bit more time to grow and acclimate his self to a higher weight to see if he can carry that same power, speed, and ferocity. I do hope the fight takes places but maybe some time in mid to late 2013
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.