Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Something isnt adding up to me
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingStill#1
So we are all going back and forth about Arums willingness to put Pac in the ring with Floyed because he wants to match him with people who are usually 'in house'.. or 'well matched'... and blah blah..

Some of us believe that Arum won't let it happen because he has a real chance of losing..

My thing is.. I feel Pac has a good chance of losing to TIMOTHY BRADLEY...or atleast a hellova fight..

WHY WOULD ARUM BE WILLING TO RISK THAT FIGHT BUT NOT A FLOYED FIGHT WHICH WOULD YEILD MUCH BETTER REWARD??.... it just don't add up to me..

Im not putting Bradley on the same level as Floyed at this time ofcourse,. BUT he most definitely does pose a threat to Pac...
checkleft
Unless Bradley wins on some chad Dawson stuff he has little to no chance of winning..
Col Reb
I don't understand why Pac would want to fight a fight that has a long streak going of cutting fighters from headbutts. Why would Pac subject himself to such damage and risk?
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Col Reb @ Oct 28 2011, 07:49 PM) *
I don't understand why Pac would want to fight a fight that has a long streak going of cutting fighters from headbutts. Why would Pac subject himself to such damage and risk?

See,.. unlike a lot of folkes I don't think Pac has any concerns about fighting anyone.. I believe he will fight anyone Arum puts in front of him..

Which is why Im refering to Arum...
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 28 2011, 07:09 PM) *
Unless Bradley wins on some chad Dawson stuff he has little to no chance of winning..

Dude,.. Bradley would be the biggest challenge to Pac in recent years..

The kid is undefeated,.. tough as nails,.. and keeps comming..

Pac would have to level this guy early or it would be a long night for him..

I see a good fight.. and if it weren't for the Mayweather fight possibility,.. Id love to see this one next..

thehype
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Oct 28 2011, 08:11 PM) *

I see a good fight.. and if it weren't for the Mayweather fight possibility,.. Id love to see this one next..

Bradley is no threat at all to Pacquiao. NONE, ZERO, ZILCH, NADA! He can't punch worth crap (and that's at 140) and he'll be coming right at Manny, which is exactly the type of style Freddie Roach likes matching him against.

Bradley will get knocked out cold by Pacquiao...mark my words.
Cshel86
In this case, I dont believe Bradley will be much of threat to Pac once he gets touched...Im sure he will have that "oh shit" look on his face, or do that "chillin' on the couch" pose like Mosley did when he went down. I just believe that Arum is trying to make the most money off of Pac by making him fight as much as possible, against guys who pose no threat...well all promoters do that anyway.
Romulus9
Here's an interesting question...

If you're in Bob Arum's shoes, what is your biggest reason to make the Mayweather fight as opposed to an insistence on maintaining the current strategy?
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 28 2011, 08:35 PM) *
Bradley is no threat at all to Pacquiao. NONE, ZERO, ZILCH, NADA! He can't punch worth crap (and that's at 140) and he'll be coming right at Manny, which is exactly the type of style Freddie Roach likes matching him against.

Exactly... See the Cotto fight. The difference being that Cotto could punch.
checkleft
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Oct 28 2011, 07:11 PM) *

Dude hate to crush your hopes and dreams but Tim has no chance, and I love the guys desire and work ethic but he should really consider a real challenge before getting that giant dome cracked by pacquiao.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 28 2011, 09:19 PM) *
before getting that giant dome cracked by pacquiao.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
mgrover
QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 29 2011, 01:35 AM) *

can't really argue on this topic even bradley nut huggers would admit pacman would kill him
un01
if top rank wants to make money they should have bradley vs khan, winner fights pacquiao... that fight alone would generate enough buzz going into who ever fights pacquiao
checkleft
Yes but Bradleys only leverage is that 0 so he's scares to lose it.
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (un01 @ Oct 29 2011, 12:36 AM) *
if top rank wants to make money they should have bradley vs khan, winner fights pacquiao... that fight alone would generate enough buzz going into who ever fights pacquiao

That's not going to happen. That's why Bradley went to Top Rank. People think it's to secure a fight with Pacquiao. He really went over there to duck Amir Khan. I wanted to see that fight happen and it had a better chance of happening when Bradley was roliing with Gary Shaw.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 28 2011, 09:19 PM) *
Dude hate to crush your hopes and dreams but Tim has no chance, and I love the guys desire and work ethic but he should really consider a real challenge before getting that giant dome cracked by pacquiao.

Haha.. but no seriously..

Its not merely my hopes and dreams to see him beat Pac....

In fact I hope everyone is right,.. I would like to believe Pac is gonna knock his bobble head off his shoulders..

But honestly, I can't belive everyone isnt giving Bradly a remote chance in hell??

I don't see a blow out, I see the fight that Hatton and Pac WAS SUPPOSE TO BE...

I think Bradly's style presents all types of problems for him...Hype made the point of Bradly comming strait at him.. okay... yes, he is..... when is the last time someone did that? (Other than a ruined, coked up, out of shape hatton)

Big IF's..... but

What if he can weather the power?
What if he can keep comming forward WORKING BEHIND A JAB (even his forehead)?

Shit his headbuttts alone could be enough to frustrate Pac

Idk yall, for some reason I don't see this fight being a complete shut out as expected...

I wanna be quoted somehow so 6 months from now I want credit for calling it a good fight.. lol
bnoles4life
QUOTE (un01 @ Oct 28 2011, 11:36 PM) *

Uuuuuuh, whom, exactly, would be trained by Freddie Roach, should Khan beat Bradley?
un01
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 29 2011, 08:14 AM) *
Uuuuuuh, whom, exactly, would be trained by Freddie Roach, should Khan beat Bradley?

khan has been throwing little innuendos like he wants the fight, and top rank kinda seems like their thinking about it... even with the coaching situation i wouldnt put it past them not to make the fight. they'll use the situation to generate buys by making it a whole soap opera on 24/7
bnoles4life
QUOTE (un01 @ Oct 29 2011, 08:44 AM) *
khan has been throwing little innuendos like he wants the fight, and top rank kinda seems like their thinking about it... even with the coaching situation i wouldnt put it past them not to make the fight. they'll use the situation to generate buys by making it a whole soap opera on 24/7

Really? Which/what innuendos?

There's a better chance of Bob Arum showing up in fish nets w/ Oscar, than Khan going into a Pac fight w/o Roach or dare I say, Alex Ariza as well.

I just don't see it happening.
mgrover
khans already ducked pac and said he couldnt fight him because there too good friends bullshit, so really he felt pacs power through the head guard and doesnt fancy it without the head guard.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 29 2011, 07:34 PM) *
khans already ducked pac and said he couldnt fight him because there too good friends bullshit, so really he felt pacs power through the head guard and doesnt fancy it without the head guard.

Khan has ducked Pac? I dunno 'bout that. The moment Roach took started training Khan, IMO, that fight was off the table. Personally, as a Golden Boy fighter, it's easier to make the fight w/ Floyd than it is Manny. Moreover, there is now way...I repeat: NO WAY Roach lets the fight come off.
BigDDatHomey
Pac doesn't have to take the test against Bradley and Bradley will be wiped out.
BoxingStill#1
Would we even really know about khan if I weren't for roach as his trainer?

He's nothing spectacular imo..

He beat a washed up Judah.. who was only ever a 4 round fighter anyway..

Ill be there at his fight in DC... its only 20min from my house and Ive met Peterson a few times..

I smell an upset with that one.. can't wait to see it..
mgrover
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 30 2011, 01:53 AM) *
Khan has ducked Pac? I dunno 'bout that. The moment Roach took started training Khan, IMO, that fight was off the table. Personally, as a Golden Boy fighter, it's easier to make the fight w/ Floyd than it is Manny. Moreover, there is now way...I repeat: NO WAY Roach lets the fight come off.

sure its valid, that they share the same trainer and what not, if that wasnt the case khan still wouldnt any part of pac. i mean a fight with pac now would be pretty stupid mainly because he's deciding to fight one of the best welterweight in the division at the moment and hes a jr welterweight, so really I see a KO by 6
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Oct 29 2011, 10:13 PM) *
Would we even really know about khan if I weren't for roach as his trainer?

I smell an upset with that one.. can't wait to see it..

Hell no we wouldn't know a damn thing about Khan if it weren't for Pac, Ariza, and Roach. I must admit though, Khan is growing on me...he seemed to be the only one in the 140 lb division that followed through with anything. Everybody else either layed an egg, or were too freakin' afraid to take a risk. Some of those guys had the "Mayweather Syndrome" when it came to that '0' on their record, but they all lacked ring appeal.

As far as an upset is concerned, its starting to become more of a reality as the fight draws closer. Most of the fights this year have either been stinkers or had "WTF moments" that ended the bout...so an upset is not out of the question...thank God there's a few more good fights before the year concludes.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.