Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV: Penn vs. Diaz@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
Jack 1000
Get in on all the UFC 137 action. BJ Penn vs. Nick Diaz-Welterweights. Keep all comments on this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Warlord
Cro-Cop versus Nelson up next. Nelson's lost some weight. I reckon he'll beat Cro-Cop, maybe even by knock out. I'm pulling for Mirko though.
Warlord
Nelson turnin up da' riddum.
Warlord
Pretty good first round. Nelson got the takedown early, Cro-Cop landed some good technical shots late. Mirko is much faster, but it seemed every shot Nelson landed did more damage. Not sure how that first round will be scored.

Mirko not throwing any kicks. Nothing new. He hasn't done it for years, since breaking his ankle.
Warlord
Nelson rocks Cro-Cop in the third, mounts him, and finishes him with punches to the back of the head.

Cro-Cop a true class act in defeat. Says it was his last fight, and thanked the UFC and the fans. Said he was treated like a king, and he's sorry for blowing it.
Warlord
Cheick Kongo vs. Matt Mitrione up next.
Warlord
I know Mitrione is being set up for the win here, but Kongo is always dangerous. Should be a good one.
Warlord
Mitrione coming out to Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Simple man" as always. Good song.
Warlord
Fairly uneventful first round. How do you score a round if no one lands a punch?
Warlord
Another fairly uneventful first round. Kongo landed some nice leg kicks, but Mitrione probably stole the round with that flurry at the end. Mitrione has faster hands than Kongo.
Warlord
Kongo gets the takedown and wins the 3rd. It all depends on how the first 2 rounds were scored. I personally would just rule this shit a draw; neither guy deserves or did enough to win.
Warlord
Kongo gets the UD.

Diaz/Penn up next. I think Diaz wins this. He has better boxing than BJ, and better conditioning. If BJ Penn comes out going for takedowns though, it will be a different fight.
thehype
QUOTE (Warlord @ Oct 29 2011, 11:06 PM) *
Kongo gets the UD.

Diaz/Penn up next. I think Diaz wins this. He has better boxing than BJ, and better conditioning. If BJ Penn comes out going for takedowns though, it will be a different fight.

Agreed.
Run and Gun Game Calls
I keep thinking BJ PENN is to small for diaz, he is the better all around fighter, but i dont see him holding up to nicks size
Warlord
Penn takes the 1st. He's got Nick out of his game a little bit. Hos is BJ's cardio? Will Diaz start pressuring him? Alot of shit at play here.
Warlord
Diaz BEATS PENN UP in the 2nd. I'm surprised Penn made it out of the round. He's busted up and Diaz won't let up. LEt's see what happens in the 3rd.
Warlord
GREAT FIGHT, but I'll be surprised if it isn't 29-28 for Diaz on all 3 cards.
Warlord
Nick wins it, calling out GSP already,
Warlord
BJ Penn retires. He's busted up, and says he can't go home looking like that to his daughters anymore.
MaxPayne
My boy Nick Diaz came through big time. He really throws combinations to the body with those hooks to the body and I like that he throws a lot of straight punches, instead of those dumbass swinging, looping punches a lot of these idiots throw.

What makes him a joy to watch is his insane cardio. I wonder if there's anyone in MMA who can push that kind of pace in MMA. They better make this fight happen with GSP, because Condit is way too one-dimensional to have a chance against GSP.
kidbazooka1
Diaz put on a good performance.

I gave Penn the first and Diaz the 2nd and 3rd. I though he was gonna get a stoppage but Penn showed heart.

I've been hearing that Diaz will be next inline for GSP. I actually gave Carlos Condit a just as good or maybe even better chance at beating GSP than Diaz. My guess is that the UFC rather have Diaz beat GSP first being that he much more marketable right no
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.